Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Ice

Ezynell

Anyway, everypony seemed to be doing it and it sounded like fun, so feel free to ask me anything!

And FYI, I love pictures, so I will answer pretty much every question with one

Edited by Ice

Why do you melt when I hug you?

Thanks for the hug,

Posted Image

But just to Troll

Scientifically,

the rate of freezing is the same as the rate of melting, the amount of ice and the amount of water won't change on average (although there are short-term fluctuations at the surface of the ice). The ice and water are said to be in dynamic equilibrium with each other. The balance between freezing and melting can be maintained at 0°C, the melting point of water, unless conditions change in a way that favors one of the processes over the other.The balance between freezing and melting processes can easily be upset. If the ice/water mixture is cooled, the molecules move slower. The slower-moving molecules are more easily captured by the ice, and freezing occurs at a greater rate than melting. You can see a demonstration of this by clicking on the temperature in the animation and setting it to a lower value (say, -10). Conversely, heating the mixture makes the molecules move faster on average, and melting is favored. Reset the animation and then enter a higher value for the temperature (say 10) and watch what happens. Adding salt to the system will also disrupt the equilibrium. Consider replacing some of the water molecules with molecules of some other substance. The foreign molecules dissolve in the water, but do not pack easily into the array of molecules in the solid. Try hitting the "Add Solute" button in the animation above. Notice that there are fewer water molecules on the liquid side because the some of the water has been replaced by salt. The total number of waters captured by the ice per second goes down, so the rate of freezing goes down. The rate of melting is unchanged by the presence of the foreign material, so melting occurs faster than freezing. That's why salt melts ice. To re-establish equilibrium, you must cool the ice-saltwater mixture to below the usual melting point of water. For example, the freezing point of a 1 M NaCl solution is roughly -3.4°C. Solutions will always have such a freezing point depression. The higher the concentration of salt, the greater the freezing point depression. But won't any foreign substance cause a freezing point depression, according to this model? Yes! For every mole of foreign particles dissolved in a kilogram of water, the freezing point goes down by roughly 1.7-1.9°C. Sugar, alcohol, or other salts will also lower the freezing point and melt the ice. Salt is used on roads and walkways because it is inexpensive and readily available. It is important to realize that freezing point depression occurs because the concentration of water molecules in a solution is less than the concentration in pure water. The nature of the solute doesn't matter. One might expect from the diagram above that solutes with large molecules are better at blocking water molecules travelling towards the surface of the ice. The hypothesis that solutes with large molecules cause a larger freezing point depression than those with smaller molecules is not in accord with experimental data! The misconception arises because the diagram can't be drawn to scale; the size of the molecules is very small compared to the distance between them.As ice begins to freeze out of the salt water, the fraction of water in the solution becomes lower and the freezing point drops further. This does not continue indefinitely, because eventually the solution will become saturated with salt. The lowest temperature possible for liquid salt solution is -21.1°C.

Source: http://antoine.frost...melts-ice.shtml

Edited by Ice

Do you like ice-cream?if you do what is your favorite flavor?

Posted Image

Eeyup, and my favorite flavor is Cookie Dough :P

I can see that your name is *Ice* so your personallitysupposed to be cool or somethin?

Actually based off of a background pony, if you want to see what episode and where he is, here it is (Episode: Green isn't your color):

Posted Image

Also, if you click the link in my signature, it takes you to the actual part of the episode :D And I'm pretty cool, I guess.

Edited by Ice

What is your top 10 MLP fanfics you have read?

Well, out of the few that I have read...

Posted Image

int X

cout >> "What question are you waiting for some one to ask?"

cin << X

cout >> X

What question are you waiting for some one to ask? ( if any)

Anything your heart desires

Edited by Ice

So.... you have read 1 MLP fanfic? And thats cupcakes....

Hm. I thought you would have read more, my mistake.

Heh.

I've read a few,

Rainbow Factory [Graphic] [Lots of Gore]

Cupcakes [Graphic]

Sweet Apple Massacre [sexual] [Graphic]

I'd like to be a Tree [sexual] [Graphic]

Spiderses [Poorly Written] [sexual]

Quest for the Friendship Stones [Poorly Written]

Scootatrap [sexual] [Graphic]

Scootaloo's love for pain [sexual] [Graphic]

Sorry, most of them are very sexual or disturbing. It's just what I happen to come across that's not over 10 pages. And in truth, my favorite one was Rainbow Factory

Are you a fan of ham?

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

(You forgot another fanfic your a fan of! Dr. Whooves by me! :D)

Hm. I dont mind that they are either sexual, graphic or gory...

Eeyup! Haven't gotten around to reading the third one yet, wait, is it out? If so, I'll probably read it tomorrow!

Edited by Ice

Seems these "Ask (put username here)" threads are quite popular here. Anyway,

What would you consider too many questions? If I asked you a lot of questions, like ALOT of questions, would your head explode?

Favorite music genre?

Seems these "Ask (put username here)" threads are quite popular here. Anyway,

What would you consider too many questions? If I asked you a lot of questions, like ALOT of questions, would your head explode?

Favorite music genre?

Anything that doesn't get my notifications over 100 notifications, but other than that,

Posted Image

My favorite music genre is Electronic, Dubstep, and Rock. I like to

Posted Image

How did you get your cutie mark?

Obviously, I became a star

Posted Image