Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Bulbasaur, Charmander, Or Squirtle?

Castle Bleck

Bulbasaur, Charmander, Or Squirtle?  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite starter?

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle

Personally, I though most of the G5 starters were great! At least the final evolution were. I mean, have you seen Emboar?!  :P

Nope. I only used Snivy in both B/W and B2/W2^_^

• Brohoof 1

These days I would probably pick Squirtle, because I like blue and I like Water type, but back in the day, I would ALWAYS pick the fire starter. So Charmander is what I always picked before. He's a pretty a cool dude. Well, not technically cool since he is on fire but still.

Bulbasaur da best, not only is Venusaur totally the best but it also does well at 6 of the 8 gyms and decently well against most of the Elite 4 as well. :D

Outside of gen 1, Mega Venusaur is also super tight if played correctly. ;)

I'm not sure if people find this weird or not, but I usually just threw my starter into the PC a few hours into the game and play the rest of the game without it. I honestly didn't find using starter Pokemon very immersive so I put in effort to catch a Pokemon I like and main the rest of the game. Rotom is one of my favorites. 

Bulbasaur.  I often used him not only because he's actually pretty strong against common types but he's the best starter for early game what with the first two gyms at the time both being weak to grass type moves.  Usually, after that, I'll already have other Pokemon for that extra coverage for later game.

Eventually though, I did fall for the little guy.  Not many chose him in favor of Squirtle (Who admittedly does have the coolest last evolution, IMO) and especially Charmander and while they're both cool in their own right, I couldn't help but love the little oddball.

Edited by AmarisNsane

I've never understood why people love Charmander so much.

Because dragons that's why.  :D  I also consider Charmander my favorite of the three. Mainly because it's a dragon and dragons are the most awesome things.