Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Bulbasaur, Charmander, Or Squirtle?

Castle Bleck

Bulbasaur, Charmander, Or Squirtle?  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite starter?

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle

I know it's a bit cliche, but I'm going to have to go with fire lizard (Charmander.) He looks like an adorable little dinosaur and he really wrecks the gym leaders in the second half of the game.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I know it's a bit cliche, but fire lizard. He looks like a little dinosaur and he really starts being awesome against the gym leaders in the second half of the game.

That would be Charmander, and he's a good pokemon. My younger brother started him in red, and got him pretty powerful.

My pick was Squirtle. Because I liked the way he looked, and he's really powerful.

I've always been a fan of Bulbasaur, really. :squee: I think it's adorable, and I generally like its design and color scheme. I'm also very fond of all kinds of grass-types! Whilst I'm going to have to say that Charizard is still my favorite final evolution of the three (especially looking back at when I used to love the anime), I love Venusaur, too, and think it's pretty awesome. Ivysaur is my favorite, design-wise, of the three, however.

Bulbasaur... Back then there was no such thing as the "sleep clause" so I had a team whose main purpose was for each Pokémon to have a move that causes the opponent to sleep. Everyone sort of hated me for it... But I didn't care... All their legendaries and charizards could never beat my sleep team o_o

Bulbasaur... Back then there was no such thing as the "sleep clause" so I had a team whose main purpose was for each Pokémon to have a move that causes the opponent to sleep. Everyone sort of hated me for it... But I didn't care... All their legendaries and charizards could never beat my sleep team o_o

I believe TV Tropes has a fitting response for you:

I know it's a bit cliche, but I'm going to have to go with fire lizard (Charmander.) He looks like an adorable little dinosaur and he really wrecks the gym leaders in the second half of the game.

I guess if you're looking for offense, then he's your best bet.

Meowth dat's right! .... oh, wait. Bulbasaur. XD Bulba is the cutest imo and makes me think of a flower toad.

I always wished I could have Meowth as my starter though. :D

Bulbasaur seems the most balanced of the 3, IMO.

Edited by A.V.

I actually don't have a preferance when it comes to these three. I like all of their designs as well as their evolution's designs. I think that they all have their own nice set of stats/moves and I don't think that I could ever choose one as a favorite. But when I played my first Pokemon game, Pokemon FireRed, I chose Charmander.

I never owned Red or Blue versions. I had Yellow, so Pikachu was always my starter. However, since Yellow let you capture exactly one of each of the "Starter" Pokemon during the gameplay, Squirtle became my favorite of the three. Having a Blastoise with Hydro Pump and Surf was invaluable to me in many, many battles. He was the only Starter that I ever used enough to get him up to level 100 (besides my Pikachu, of course)!

Charmander! Why?

BECAUSE HE EVOLVES INTO A #$!@$#@!#$!@# DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love:  :love:  :love:

But not a Dragon-type!

(Yes, I'm discounting the cop-out Mega Evolution.)

• Brohoof 1

But not a Dragon-type!

(Yes, I'm discounting the cop-out Mega Evolution.)

WHO CARES?!!!!!!!!! IT IS A !@#$@#!@$#@!$ DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, Mega Charizard Y is like 1,000,000x more powerful than Charizard X.

Though Snivy is the best starter of all time...

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 1

WHO CARES?!!!!!!!!! IT IS A !@#$@#!@$#@!$ DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, Mega Charizard Y is like 1,000,000x more powerful than Charizard X.

Though Snivy is the best starter of all time...

It's the only decent G5 starter, anyway.