Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Salutations

GrimGrimoire

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Twilight Sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?: Ran across a forum topic quite a ways back, then just stalked anonymously from that point onward. Finally decided to give up lurking and just sign up.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Dumb luck I suppose. And the flu.Mostly flu.Also Night Glider is best Non-Mane 6 Pony.

Warning: Long winded intro below. Because I am long winded.

Well, like many others I did not discover the show nor fandom until well after it was underway. I saw a few television adverts and some merchandise here or there, and remembered there was a thing once upon a time called My Little Pony back in the day, but being a die hard Transformers fan, I had little time or interest for colorful magic farting baby horses. So a couple of seasons had already passed me by before I happened to accidentally catch an episode and give it a chance. Honestly I really had no desire to try the show at all and just was really too biased to look beyond my first initial thoughts when I saw those original adverts.

But then a strange thing happened... whether by luck or fluke or what have you, I found myself sick and stuck in bed. I normally keep my cable channels tuned to the Science channel, History, Discovery or a couple of other select channels and at the given moment there was nothing on any of them I had not already seen or had any overwhelming desire to watch. One of those saved channels was The Hub (which had already become Discovery family), mainly for several Warner cartoons it used to air as well as then current favorite Transformers Prime. Channel flipping I ran smack dab into an episode of MLP:FIM... Putting Your Hoof Down to be exact... right at the part where Flutttershy is just attending Iron Will's seminar. I paused and watched just to see how awful the show was because, you know... car crashes and all. I had every intention to loathe the show and swap channels after a few seconds and forget it ever happened... but I didn't. I ended up watching the rest of the episode, and told myself it was not bad while deep down truthfully enjoying it. Enjoying it enough to watch the next episode that came on, and liking that one as well. Surely this had to be some sort of mistake right? I could not possibly like this show!!!! I just couldn't!!!

Well, the next day I caught a couple of more episodes, and from there I went back and watched the entirety of season 1 in order, followed by the rest of the seasons in order until i was caught up. So yeah.. it was not a mistake and I realized I did indeed "like this show". Since then I have gotten into the comics, picked up some of the Funco collectibles and badgered a couple of other random people about this unusual hobby of mine. I have done some fan fiction on the show mostly exploring the areas outside of Equestria proper because as much as I like the characters and concept, the world itself is so full of untapped potential.

Outside of that I am pretty big into the Steampunk scene, Gothic horror, really bad b-grade horror, dark literature, astronomy, alternative history, poetry, philosophy and anomalous phenomena.

And of course, really big robots.

TL;DR = Hi! I am semi-sorta new and joined to not be just another forum stalker.

• Brohoof 3

Welcome Grim. I'm sure some of us are kinda like that in seeing interest in MLP for first time. Mines was kinda weird since if it wasn't for others, I would never be here today X_X

I hope you have a fun time on here

• Brohoof 1

That was very similar to how I found MLP. I wasn't sick though, just bored out of my mind, looking for something new. Then BAM! My Little Pony. And then the rest is history. Oh, by the way, welcome to the forums.  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

Hello Moire, nice to meet you. Welcome to forums. I hope you get use to our community as soon as possible and i am sure that you ll meet lots of ponies there. If you wish to ask or talk about anything, i ll be around. See ya..  :)

Come come, there is no shame, I'm sure a lot of us( myself included) had an episode where we were just questioning our sanity at some point and then go from curious to questioning our sanity and then just flat out " ponies are awesome!".  The best of luck to you and welcome to the herd.

hey.png

Welcome to MLP forums! I am Cinnamon, but feel free to call me Cinna or Cinny. ^^

If you have any questions, or just want a pony to chat with, feel free to PM me! Hope to see you around!

I've been into the show since 2011, so I feel kinda old. xD But yeah. I saw things about the show before I got into it but I stumbled upon it when my sister had it on the TV. then I decided to get into it cause I already had an interest cause of cute little ponies. Heh. But anyway, welcome! I hope you have a great time!