Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

dekutree64

Ever since Twilight's castle appeared, I've been puzzled by the fact that it's covered in 8 pointed stars, while Twilight's cutie mark is all 6 pointed.

The mystery box had 8 points, despite being 6 sided, which looks a bit odd. And the castle has 8 points on top, as well as on the floor before the map appeared.

post-9686-0-15678600-1476117584_thumb.jpg

post-9686-0-91269100-1476117603_thumb.jpg

post-9686-0-55413900-1476117613_thumb.jpg

But while watching Every Little Thing She Does, I noticed Starlight Glimmer's shield has an 8 pointed star. And in fact her cutie mark does as well.

post-9686-0-87764500-1476117628_thumb.jpg

So does this mean that the castle is destined to belong to Starlight in the end?

• Brohoof 2

It could represent a lot of other things though. Celestia and Luna's cutie marks were on the Tree of Harmony, so the other two points could represent them. Spike has his own throne in the castle, and Discord was the one to give Twilight her key, the other two points could represent them. It could also represent Spike and Starlight...

More than likely though, it's just a design choice made for no real reason. I don't think it's supposed to be Starlight's castle though.

• Brohoof 1

Spike and Starlight are most likely the extra points. Twilight's cutie Mark seems to represent the elements of harmony, whereas the castle seems to represent that and...well, other really important characters to them. XD Can't have the mane 6 without Spiky. :3 Starlight if Twilight's Student so there is that too. Who knew that the castle apparently knew already that there would be a student of Twilight's eventually that would live in the castle? That is one forward thinking castle. It is not Starlight's castle, she just lives there as Twilight's pupil.

• Brohoof 2

The mystery box had 8 points, despite being 6 sided, which looks a bit odd.

attachicon.gifBox.jpg

Not meaning to be mean here, but that's because its utterly impossible to have 6 sides without having 8 points :P

Geometry, you can't break the laws of physics after all, and if you want six sides for six locks, you NEED 8 points.

Starlight hasn't done anything to deserve her own castle.

And that is why Starlight will rise and kill Twilight to take over her castle, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

... Written evil laughter sounds so silly... But yeah, I agree. She hasn't done anything for the EoH to give her her on castle instead of local alicorn Twilight Sparkle. Especially since it was before she even was introduced. I had been wondering about those 2 extra points as well and I guess they're for Starlight and Spike, the brave hero!

• Brohoof 1

Starlight hasn't done anything to deserve her own castle.

while I would like to say this, since its thorax who truly redeemed the changeling race, the entire scene with her giving the giant speech to inspire thorax and then try and redeem chrysalis seemed to be the writers handing credit for her "defeat" and the changelings over to her due to the focus being on her character during that entire scene. :/