Do you wanna see a robot pony join the show?

leonbrony17

Maybe a crazy scientist create it to proof his genius or to proof that perfection can be real.

But then something goes very wrong. The robot pony start to think and to feel like a normal pony. The scientist say that it should'n think or even feel and deny it. Scared and sad escapes the robot pony . The scientist himself or herself burns the whole lab down to hide his or her mistakes, escapes and hide far away. Some days later that robot pony would reach ponyville after running around .

As first the ponies would be scared and disturbed like by zecora back then. But then the robot pony bumps accidetally into one of the mane 6.

And together they would try to find out it's origin, it's reason for beeing and how to handle a robot pony in a world full of real ponies.

Maybe they would try to find the scientist who created it and repair their relationship.

Maybe the scientist would react bad, try to attack and destroy it but would fail and escapes at the end.

Maybe the robot pony would get hurt really bad or would run out of energie and they have to save it.

That's my idea about an episode about a robot pony.

Maybe you can bring your own idea, or write what you think about my idea, or just write what you think about an episode about a robot pony.

• Brohoof 1

Only if Sweetie turns out to be a robot. Sweetie-Bot is best Sweetie Belle.

All joking aside, as much as I adore Sweetie Bot and just the concept of Robot ponies in general, I don't feel like it really fits the show. Their technology is all over the place, but we haven't seen anything even close to that advanced, and it'd feel really out of place to suddenly be introduced.

Perhaps a good substitute would be a pony created entirely from magic? One who perhaps isn't supposed to be really alive, but gains sentience over time? Still doesn't feel like something the show would do, having an entire episode focused on something like that, but it fits with the world better at least.

Edited by BasementGlimmer
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight is best pony.

Why hello MLPForums! What have ya been up to?

No, not really.

Not because I don't like robots, I'm pretty firmly in the Transformers fandom too, but because I can't think of any way it would logically fit into the MLP universe. The kinda technology it would require just doesn't seem to exist in Equestria. We've seen some gadgetry, like the scene where Twilight Sparkle was trying to figure out Pinkie Pie's 'Pinkie Sense', but those seemed more of a shout-out to old school sci-fi shows than an accurate presentation of technology in ponyverse.

Perhaps a good substitute would be a pony created entirely from magic? One who perhaps isn't supposed to be really alive, but gains sentience over time?

Perhaps a golem? Those are pretty much the fantasy genre's equivalent of robots. Mostly they're like statues or puppets that are brought to life with magic, and have enough sentience to obey commands, but no real free will. Like the famous Mickey Mouse clip of Fantasia, with the broom that Mickey brought to life to carry water.

A robot pony in Equestria? Sure, technology is pretty common for ponies although something like a robot might be a little too advanced for them. You also have to take into consideration that robots possess an immunity to all forms of magic with the exception of anything electric based given they are machines and all.

rainbowfalls_sig.png.9f23ec82e216af1315704914cd3052b1.png

Perhaps a golem? Those are pretty much the fantasy genre's equivalent of robots. Mostly they're like statues or puppets that are brought to life with magic, and have enough sentience to obey commands, but no real free will. Like the famous Mickey Mouse clip of Fantasia, with the broom that Mickey brought to life to carry water.

That could work, a Golem would be interesting. Starlight seems like a good candidate to summon something like that, she has a habit of trying to take control of others, but she knows that's wrong now, so instead she perhaps creates a Golem instead, no enslavement there!

If the Golem begins to gain free will, or question it's existence and purpose though...Well, then there's an issue, that could be kind of interesting. It's a bit existential for MLP though, and I'm not sure what moral it would have.

Twilight is best pony.

Why hello MLPForums! What have ya been up to?

robots possess an immunity to all forms of magic with the exception of anything electric based given they are machines and all.

I'm sorry, but why would robots be impervious to magic? I really don't understand that.

I'm sorry, but why would robots be impervious to magic? I really don't understand that.

It's a fantasy thing to be honest. Magic for the most part has no affect on robots given they are lifeless automatons but because they are the result of technological advances, electric based magic short-circuits them. Also, their metallic alloy bodies often repels other forms of magic.

It's a fantasy thing to be honest. Magic for the most part has no affect on robots given they are lifeless automatons but because they are the result of technological advances, electric based magic short-circuits them. Also, their metallic alloy bodies often repels other forms of magic.

Magic that is specifically meant to affect people, like mind control or Cadence's love spell would probably not work on robots, agreed. I'm pretty sure though that in the show I've seen unicorns levitate metal objects, so I doubt robots would be immune to magic in more general terms.

Magic that is specifically meant to affect people, like mind control or Cadence's love spell would probably not work on robots, agreed. I'm pretty sure though that in the show I've seen unicorns levitate metal objects, so I doubt robots would be immune to magic in more general terms.

Mind control and love most definitely as robots have no hearts and most of them simply obey commands given to them by whoever was controlling them. An exception to mind control would be if the robot had artificial intelligence and was capable of doing things on its own without needing a controller. I'll admit that levitation would probably affect them.

*sloooowly shoves robot pony OC aside* :adorkable:

As much as I love the concept of robots overall, I don't think that present-day ponies have the technology to feasibly build a robot, let alone with any form of sentience.

Yes, I do have a robot pony OC, but while he's in present-day Equestria, he is from the distant future. The only reason he's in the present is because of a particular mishap. That's the only way I could imagine that we would see an actual robot pony on the show, and I think the cast has had their fill of timey-wimey stuff as it is :P

*sloooowly shoves robot pony OC aside* :adorkable:

As much as I love the concept of robots overall, I don't think that present-day ponies have the technology to feasibly build a robot, let alone with any form of sentience.

Yes, I do have a robot pony OC, but while he's in present-day Equestria, he is from the distant future. The only reason he's in the present is because of a particular mishap. That's the only way I could imagine that we would see an actual robot pony on the show, and I think the cast has had their fill of timey-wimey stuff as it is :P

You have a pony robot OC?

....May we see it?

:twi:

mlp_signature_by_bitboss-darfqc0.jpg

You have a pony robot OC?

....May we see it?

:twi:

Well... If you insist! :P

post-20135-0-07801900-1479253431_thumb.png

post-20135-0-46056200-1479253430.png

post-20135-0-56585600-1479253431_thumb.png

post-20135-0-27776400-1479253487_thumb.png

LOTS of style variation since some art is very old and some is newer, but! There he is, Nano, my robot pony! That red Earth Pony mare in that one drawing is Galatea, his creator :D

• Brohoof 1

Aw he's cute and awesome!! So does Nano get on well with his creator?

Thank you!! :D

And yes, Nano gets along very well with Galatea! He recognizes her as his creator, yes, but quickly caught on to the notion of a mother and refers to her as "Mother" :lol:

Thank you!! :D

And yes, Nano gets along very well with Galatea! He recognizes her as his creator, yes, but quickly caught on to the notion of a mother and refers to her as "Mother" :lol:

Ah ok, so he doesn't, like, get Frankenstein's syndrome where he curses his creator! Has he gone back in time on a mission?

Ah ok, so he doesn't, like, get Frankenstein's syndrome where he curses his creator! Has he gone back in time on a mission?

Nope, no Frankenstein syndrome here! He loves his creator very much~  As for his going back in time... well, let's just say that it's a bit of a long story :derp:

• Brohoof 1

I could actually see an episode where Doctor Whooves builds a pony robot and trouble starts.

I could imagine there would even be a lesson about what exactly counts as life and what rights to life it has. Possibly a bit too deep for a kids show, but I can see it all the same.

~No profound statement needed~

Nope, no Frankenstein syndrome here! He loves his creator very much~  As for his going back in time... well, let's just say that it's a bit of a long story :derp:

I'm gonna go way out on a hoof here and assume you write stories? :D