Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PVLPlay - a standalone Ponyville Live desktop client

Kaneki

THE INTRODUCTION

As you may have seen before in a previous post, I have been interested into making a productive computer application. While looking for ideas, I realized that the only thing close to a Ponyville Live desktop client is a Chrome extension/app. Well, some people aren't so fond of Chrome, whether it's due to high RAM usage, the notorious privacy concerns over at Google, or just you don't like the interface. 

That got me to thinking if only there was a independent desktop client to that site. Because of this, I am announcing the creation of a standalone, Node-based desktop client for Ponyville Live. Welcome to the creation of PVLPlay.

FEATURES

As of right now, I am the only developer of the program, so features will be introduced slowly. The program will also ONLY work on Windows at this point, but you are free to compile it for your own platform. The first version, when released, will feature a basic play/pause function for radio and video functions, and that's pretty much it. However, do expect more features soon.

Features that will be added include (strikethrough means complete):

• Ability to log in to your Ponyville Live account.
  • A play/pause function for radio and video streams.
  • Search for live feeds.
  • Abliity to play/pause shows.

If you see a feature you'd like, I will take suggestions soon, so please hold your ideas!

LICENSE

The player is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0 - feel free to clone the code and do whatever with it - it's just an Electron wrapper. ;)

DOWNLOAD

No download is available yet, but source will be available on GitHub here:

THANK YOU! 

Edited by Cloggedone
  • Brohoof 2

Awesome! Can't wait to use it :)

Just a thing, the link itself is broken. Also, I the repo doesn't exist on GitHub apparently. >.<

I know. I'm still trying to get Electron to compile but their Python compile script is giving me a bunch of errors.

I will let you know when it's up again!

The repo has been fixed and basic info uploaded.

When will it be available to download?

Soon. I'm getting Node.js setup right now properly, so that my developer tools will run without error, unlike they have been recently.