Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Who remembers ROBLOX?

Bingopony16

I believe Roblox is still a big thing, next to minecraft, with people creating their own little games within the games. I never tried it out but I saw a few videos of it and it is fun what they have! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I love Roblox dearly, and it was a key cornerstone of my childhood and some of my earliest friendships. I started playing it in 2008, and I still play it to this day.

Furthermore, Roblox formed the bulk of my career thus far. I started working for Roblox in 2015 as a Content Moderator, and progressed through several positions including Community Management, Customer Service and Technical Support with increasing complexity and leadership responsibilities. I ended up as Manager of Intelligence for their Trust & Safety department, building up a lot of experience working cross-functionally with engineers for highly technical-driven safety solutions as well as analysts from various law enforcement fields enabling me to build experience with their methodology.

I left Roblox toward the end of 2022, and a few months ago I joined DoorDash as a Trust & Safety Manager overseeing their Community Response team. While there is some overlap with my safety work at Roblox, I'm learning a lot of new concepts. I'm definitely being challenged and growing quite a bit, and would never have been able to progress in this field without my experience at Roblox.

All in all, Roblox has had a tremendously positive impact on my life. I will never forget the friendships I've formed there both as a member of the community and an employee, and I have fond memories with friends from my childhood that will last a lifetime. Ultimately, my favorite thing about Roblox and the reason why I love it so is the opportunity for nearly limitless creative expression: my favorite Roblox games are all old, mostly forgotten, but truly feel as dreams come to life expressed through a unique and humble aesthetic that disappears as technological capabilities increase.

• Brohoof 1