• Houston Texans
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • New England Patriots
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Seattle Seahawks

So Wildcard Weekend has come to a close. The following teams have been eliminated.

Detroit Lions

Miami Dolphins

New York Giants

Oakland Raiders

We're down to eight teams in the Divisional Round. Here are the AFC matchups

Saturday January 14th at 8:15 PM Eastern, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots face off against Brock Osweiler and the Houston Texans at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts. The Texans all warmed up after eliminating the Raiders in Houston up against the Patriots, who posted the AFC's best record. The Patriots are 3 for 3 in the last three matchups against Houston.

Sunday January 15th at 1:05 PM Eastern, Alex Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs face off against Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. The Steelers having eliminated the Dolphins in Pittsburgh last night are 2 for 3 in their last three matchups against Kansas City.

Now for the NFC matchups.

Saturday January 14th at 4:35 PM Eastern, Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons face off against Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. The Seahawks having taken advantage of Matthew Stafford's hand injury two nights ago to eliminate the Lions, while the Falcons playing their last season in the Georgia Dome before opening up Mercedes Benz Stadium. In these two teams last three matchups, the Seahawks are 2 for 3 in their last three matchups against Atlanta.

Sunday January 15th at 4:40 PM Eastern, Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys face off against Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers at AT&T Stadium in Arlington Texas. The Packers coming off a big win against the Giants last night with a few injured players, and the Cowboys posting the NFC's best record this year after being the laughing stock last year. Despite taking a beating from the Cowboys in week six this year, the Packers are 2 for 3 in their last three matchups against Dallas, all of which were at Green Bay.

So who's your pick?

I'm rooting for the Falcons. Have they ever won a Super Bowl before?

(Googles)

Apparently not. They've been in it once, but they got beat by the Broncos. The article on Wikipedia says it was 1998, so it must have been when John Elway was playing.

(Googles)

Apparently not. They've been in it once, but they got beat by the Broncos. The article on Wikipedia says it was 1998, so it must have been when John Elway was playing.

It was Elway's last season, yes. Falcons had a good team that year, probably the best of Chris Chandler's career. Jamal Anderson still in his prime as well. I was rooting against them, since they'd beaten the team I'd been pulling for--the Vikings--in overtime in the NFC Championship.

As for my pick out of who's left, I'm not really a big fan of any of the remaining teams. But if I had to choose I'd say either the Packers, because I like Aaron Rodgers, or the Chiefs, because Andy Reid winning a Super Bowl would really stick it to Eagles fans.

Edited by BlueStreak98

As for my pick out of who's left, I'm not really a big fan of any of the remaining teams. But if I had to choose I'd say either the Packers, because I like Aaron Rodgers, or the Chiefs, because Andy Reid winning a Super Bowl would really stick it to Eagles fans.

As much as I hate the Packers, I really must say I do like Aaron Rodgers. He's a pretty nice guy. Hes even been on Dude Perfect once before.

I would find newfound respect for the Packers if they can knock out the Cowboys just after they knock out the Giants, but with the new players the Packers weren't ready for, I dunno if that's going to happen.

• Brohoof 1

I love it Pats play their worst game of the season and still cover the historic 16 point spread xD

Interesting that all 6 home teams have won so far. We'll see if that continues tomorrow

Edited by Frostgage

Well, it looks like the Seahawks couldn't keep a rally going after the Sounders won the MLS Cup, and the Texans couldn't rally for home field advantage in the Super Bowl.

The Falcons and Patriots will move on to the Conference Finals, but the question is, who will the teams face?

We find out tomorrow as the Packers take on the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium for the first time in many years, and the Steelers go down to Arrowhead Stadium. The Patriots apparently have home field advantage in the AFC Championship game no matter who wins in Kansas City, and I'm guessing we can't figure out what team has home field advantage for the NFC championship game until we know who wins the Packers/Cowboys game. If I had to guess, they'll give the Cowboys home field if they win, and the Falcons home field if the Packers win.

Either way, see you guys tomorrow.

I love it Pats play their worst game of the season and still cover the historic 16 point spread xD

Interesting that all 6 home teams have won so far. We'll see if that continues tomorrow

Well I wouldn't really call them playing "the worst game of the season" maybe I'm just extremely biased but I blame the referees for that

Great game but more importantly, goodbye Cowboys!

Talk about bad karma.

It feels good having the Cowboys beaten out. They're the Toronto Blue Jays of the national football league. Serious ego problems that the people can't stand. I'm pleasantly surprised that they were beaten out so quickly.

I have newfound respect for the Packers now.

• Brohoof 1