Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Family tree and alicorn aging

EmmerichWolfe

My best guess is that Luna and Celestia have very very long life spans due to being tied to celestial bodies. On the other hand I would guess most Alicorns are just like everyday ponies. Let's say if both main princesses have a life span around 10000 years and Celestia around half or 3/4 done. Luna is the same age minus a little more than 1000 due to being frozen in the moon.

• Brohoof 1

It would be possible that somewhere in Celestia/Luna's family tree somepony mated with a unicorn/pagasus/earth pony. Since in Greek mythology Gods had relationships with mortals and thus demi-Gods were born. But then the question is where do Celestia/Luna come from, who were their parents? Or were they created by some kind of pony deity like those windigos or whatever they were called? Were the two princesses around when Equestria was founded?

Also if Cadence was immortal and Shing Armor was mortal then she would outlive him and that would be sad. She'd have to watch him grow old and die yet remain beautiful and young.

Quite often cartoons don't have a lot of logic example the physics calculations of a sonic rainboom would make it nearly impossible.

If you're writing a fanfic, then use the theory or theories that you find most fitting in the context of your story :)

• Brohoof 1

Quite often cartoons don't have a lot of logic example the physics calculations of a sonic rainboom would make it nearly impossible.

If you're writing a fanfic, then use the theory or theories that you find most fitting in the context of your story :)

That's what I plan on doing :) I was interested in what other theories were and also trying to see if I could incorporate some from this thread, as I'm trying to involve the community in the story's development as much as possible.

• Brohoof 1

i think that Celestia and Luna are god alicorns so are immortal, so age till some point then stop, the evil that turned luna to nightmare moon halted her aging till ep2

Cadence is a normal alicorn and so mortal and so ages like all other ponys

i am also making a fan fict and play at that god alicorns come in threes :ph34r: