Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mouth growing in the ear of a mutant sheep

ManaMinori

20 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/mutant-sheep-found-mouth-growing-1041312

This is pretty freaky. This guy found a mouth, with teeth, a swallow reflex, and saliva in the ear of one of his sheep. What the hell are they feeding this sheep?! This is so weird and disturbing! 

It didn't develop after birth. Epigenetic mutation that expresses incorrectly and presents congenitally. It's weird, but not impossible. 

May not even be his own tissue. Or even crazier, may not even be expressed genes native his species, since mammals share quite a bit of non expressed genes. 

Whatever the cause, I don't believe it's anything like fetal resorption. 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Thanks

Well, the video can be faked too. And this one in particular isn't trustworthy. It's too short, cycled for no reason and is taken from such angle that you can barely tell what's going on. If this was true, we would have a full video report by journalists and/or biologists. 

Also the website looks very-very yellow.

3 minutes ago, FelixArgyle said:

Thanks

Well, the video can be faked too. And this one in particular isn't trustworthy. It's too short, cycled for no reason and is taken from such angle that you can barely tell what's going on. If this was true, we would have a full video report by journalists and/or biologists. 

Also the website looks very-very yellow.

whatever. believe what you want. I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you.

Seeing something like this on an animal is actually not entirely unheard of. Many animals have been born with extra limbs portruding from their bodies and even being born with another head, functional or not. There are also tumors called taratomas that may contain several types of body tissue. These can grow hair, teeth, and even eyes in some cases. Taratomas can appear anywhere on or in the body and are generally benign, although they are very rare. 

I could see how some people may believe this video to be fake but I do not believe that this is eniterly false, as strange things like this have been seen in livestock and other animals alike. 

• Brohoof 1