Being the New Guy

Ventius

(edited)

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

Via a friend's recommendation

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I can't say that I'm a fan exactly.

I won't lie; I've always been aversed to online communities. Most of my experiences with them have been negative, but I make exceptions from time to time, and decided to add MLPforums to that growing list of exceptions. Something about desiring interaction and human contact, to be sure.

I can't say that I'm exactly a fan of this show. A friend of mine who's a passionate Rainbow Dash enthusiast recommended these boards to me however, as I was looking for a large and diverse community to find new connections and friends in. I hope no one here holds that against me. I have watched a few episodes of the show with the aforementioned friend, but it just never gripped me like it did him and so many thousands of others.

I'm an illustrator and animator by trade and a competitive Smash and Mario Kart player on my free time. I main violet Toon Link, and I have a white, hot, and intensely deep burning passion for my character, bordering on obsessive. I don't have secondaries or tertiaries. It's all about Toon Link for me.
When racing Mario Kart 8, my main is also Link. All hail the Hero.

Outside of all that, I have a few other interests in life, which include, but are not limited to, writing, reading, Jungian analytical psychology, cooking, and exercise.

That's about all the interesting stuff about me. Hoping to make friends here and to integrate well. Thanks for reading. 

See ya around!

1eJcZRp.jpg.ddf64fec17a88192c0b9fdb7dd5d7b0c.jpg

Edited by Ventius
  • Brohoof 10

9 minutes ago, Ventius said:

I'm an illustrator and animator by trade and a competitive Smash and Mario Kart player on my free time. I main violet Toon Link, and I have a white, hot, and intensely deep burning passion for my character, bordering on obsessive. I don't have secondaries or tertiaries. It's all about Toon Link for me.
When racing Mario Kart 8, my main is also Link. All hail the Hero.

Wait up for a sec. You main Toon Link.... in Sm4sh? I heard he really sucks lmao. I mean, admittedly I always mained him in Brawl, but Sm4sh sorta took away my favorite things about him T^T

I mean, don't get me wrong, low-tier beasting is certainly welcome. Hell, I main Pichu, Ness, and Doc in Melee xD (yes, ik Doc is good, but the other two... e.e). I'm actually pretty damn good with Pichu too. Only players I have trouble beating are Fox and Marth mains >.<

Just now, K.Rool Addict said:

Wait up for a sec. You main Toon Link.... in Sm4sh? I heard he really sucks lmao. I mean, admittedly I always mained him in Brawl, but Sm4sh sorta took away my favorite things about him T^T

I mean, don't get me wrong, low-tier beasting is certainly welcome. Hell, I main Pichu, Ness, and Doc in Melee xD (yes, ik Doc is good, but the other two... e.e). I'm actually pretty damn good with Pichu too. Only players I have trouble beating are Fox and Marth mains >.<

It's not the character that sucks, it's the player that sucks.
General rule of thumb in my experience is that if you have a hard time adapting to a fighter, you don't know how to play the character.

Toon Link is devastating in right hands. His bomb game is the key to success.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Ventius said:

Toon Link is devastating in right hands. His bomb game is the key to success.

^As it was in Brawl o,o

But that Dair is sooo... UGH >.<

Is it just me or does he feel slower overall too? I haven't played Sm4sh since, like early 2016 tho lol. Sold my Wii U awhile ago ^^; 

^As it was in Brawl o,o

But that Dair is sooo... UGH >.<

Is it just me or does he feel slower overall too? I haven't played Sm4sh since, like early 2016 tho lol. Sold my Wii U awhile ago ^^; 

Hell no. If anything, he feels slower to me in Brawl. Then again, that could just be because Brawl is a slower game in and of itself.

Also, not all of us play Smash for the game. Some of us play for our characters. I play for Toonie. I live for Toonie.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Ventius said:

Hell no. If anything, he feels slower to me in Brawl. Then again, that could just be because Brawl is a slower game in and of itself.

Yeah that was my point lol. Brawl is an overall slower game than 4, but for me, TL felt sorta, slower in the newer game lol. Idk, maybe it had something to do with TL being one of the only characters in Brawl who could actually qualify as a "speedy" attacker? He was at odds with almost all the other characters there with his insane ariel capability, quick movement speed, and fast attacks. I mean, not Metaknight level ofc, but  you get the idea xDD

Didn't they nerf his side smash in 4 as well? 

Yeah that was my point lol. Brawl is an overall slower game than 4, but for me, TL felt sorta, slower in the newer game lol. Idk, maybe it had something to do with TL being one of the only characters in Brawl who could actually qualify as a "speedy" attacker? He was at odds with almost all the other characters there with his insane ariel capability, quick movement speed, and fast attacks. I mean, not Metaknight level ofc, but  you get the idea xDD

Didn't they nerf his side smash in 4 as well? 

Is this going to devolve into a Smash discussion thread? lol

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Ventius said:

Is this going to devolve into a Smash discussion thread? lol

^

Unless of course... you would prefer it to turn into a Wind Waker (aka the best Zelda game of all time) discussion :P 

• Brohoof 1

Unless of course... you would prefer it to turn into a Wind Waker (aka the best Zelda game of all time) discussion :P 

Still the best game. Breath of the Wild is a close second, but nothing can hold a candle to Wind Waker.
Best game, best Link, best boi.

2 minutes ago, Ventius said:

Still the best game. Breath of the Wild is a close second, but nothing can hold a candle to Wind Waker.
Best game, best Link, best boi.

You, know, it's funny. I actually developed quite an obsession with Aryll since I was little xD Not quite "waifu" material, but still she's high up on my list! 

Seems like we are the Ying and Yang of perverted Nintendo fans, eh? ;) 

• Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

perverted Nintendo fans

I have no idea what you're referring to. My interest in Toon Link is purely academical.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Fluttershy Friend said:

I appreciate your truly post and I like it. Welcome to the forum. Maybe you will become Brony in the future? ;)Of course it is not necesairy to meet friends here. Good luck!

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Also, nice profile picture. Really like it. Fluttershy, I think her name is.

• Brohoof 2

Heya Ventius !!!
Welcome to the forum ! You'll see you'll enjoy yourself here ! Lots of crazy cordial people ponies  :P  !!!
If you're looking for friends and/or fun you've come to the right place, if you have any question/request feel free to message  :smug:  !!!

• Brohoof 1

Hello! ^_^

It's absolutely okay if you're not a fan of MLP like many others are - it's not a requirement. :fluttershy:
Many people like MLP, because they understand it in a specific way (long story), so it is understandable if you found that to be not appealing to you.

Personally I'd never guess I'll be even watching this and now... a plot twist happened.

Welcome to the herd! I hope you'll find what you're looking for! :) 

• Brohoof 2

On 20 juni 2017 at 8:45 PM, Fluttershy Friend said:

I appreciate your truly post and I like it. Welcome to the forum. Maybe you will become Brony in the future? ;)Of course it is not necesairy to meet friends here. Good luck!

We're all friends here, right? ^_^

Glad you like it here and feel free to post here what ever you like. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Hello  @Ventius , nice to meet you. Welcome to forums. I hope you get use to our community as soon as possible and i am sure that you ll meet lots of ponies there. If you wish to ask or talk about anything, i ll be around. See ya..  ;) 

• Brohoof 1