Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

Maple was happily walking by. She was in a particularly upbeat mood this night. "Hey are you alright?" She saw the moonlight reflect off of one of Jack's cuffs and she stopped walking. "Wait why are those there? Are you a...." She didn't really want to finish that sentence.

• Brohoof 1

"I used to be a slave before my escape, tough I guess it's not easy to it with these cuffs now is it." Jack said.

He then also stood still and stared at her with a confused expression.

"What is the matter?" he asked

• Brohoof 1

Maple smiled again "It's nothing. Thought the cuffs meant something else." She kept looking at them. "Should we try to take them off. People might think you did something wrong." She tried to keep smiling so she wouldn't cause him any worry. "Could probably just have Luna remove them actually. Let's get to the castle." She started heading there again.

• Brohoof 1

'There is some irony there, where I come from, when anyone would see me with this, they would know I have survived the managed to escape the

cludges of our greatest enemy.' Jack thought.

"We should denifitnily try to get them off, tough I fear it won't be easy, these things probably hold some sort of mechanism's in it that will trigger when they are broken." Jack said.

He closed eyes as they went into the castle, all the constant stares of ponies and the guards were starting to make him uncomfortable.

Maple nodded "I'll talk with people see if anypony could get those off without setting anything off." She continued to the throne room. "You sure you want to go through with this? It's a  dangerous job.  No many mares like myself join it's mostly stallions."

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded.

"I am certain, to be honest, i have been fighting since for most of my life if my ship hadn't crashed trough that wormhole I would have faced a battle where I was going to meet my death without a doubt." Jack said.

Maple was smiling "Well that's lucky then. Glad you're ok!" When the two walked next too the Throne rooms door. "Now then should I try to get those off. Or would you like to meet Luna first. It makes no difference to me." She grabbed a spear to knock the cuffs off with.

• Brohoof 1

"It might be best if we meet her first, but these cuffs won't go off with weaponry, I had already tried prying my knife with it before but something is attaching

it from the inside too," Jack said.

"Alright. I'll go in and announce a new arrival and then you come in when I introduce you." The Bat pony stepped into the throne room.

Luna was on the throne since it was so late and her sister was asleep. She felt good being on the throne able to see so far from her position. When she saw Maple walk in she waved a greeting. "Hello Captain Maple." She said "Good to see you this most wonderful night. Is something wrong?"

"No princess Luna everything's Ok. I investigated the wormhole in the forest. I found a different being and his name is Jack." She waved him in. "He came with me today to hopefully join the night guard."

• Brohoof 1

Jack came in but felt slightly nervous.

"Greetings, i was wondering if you would need some extra help on your military operations." Jack said with a quick bow.

'Huh, come to think about it, this is the first time i meet actual royalty. Guess my father is sort of royalty? Our family was rather well known, tough i doubt his position gave him that much.' Jack tought.

• Brohoof 1

"Do you have prove of Royalty? Not that I am doubting you. I would like to hear of your royal heritage a bit more." She smiled at him "If not then perhaps We could just see about you getting into the guard.. We may not have any armor to fit you however." She laughed "Some can be made for you by our armorer. It will take some time though."

Maple smiled "Guess that means he's in?" She was a little nervous for him

Luna laughed "Yes He's in. I expect you to take him under your wing Captain."

Maple nodded "Yes, Princess of course."

• Brohoof 1

Jack eyes widenend a bit. 'She managed to read my toughts? That is impressive.' he tought.

"Well, my family was very well known. My father especially, he was an planetary ambassador and a mentor to many. I guess our bloodline just has always been rather unique. But that gives us enemies all the more reason to hunt me down." he said.

• Brohoof 1

Luna smiled only a bit "Well here in equestria Ponies will work hard to protect the lives of those who are innocent take Maple for example. She works hard all night so the community of bat ponys I have assembled in canterlot can live long, Peaceful and prosperous lives. She's my strongest soldier but a few are really closing in on her since she has been relaxing and enjoying herself more than before. She's come a long way since she was born..." She was grinning thinking about it. "Anyways Follow me please."

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded.

'I just hope i am making the right decision, i had better make my moments count and help out while i can, tough at the same time i should concentrate on my condition, i am not sure if that thing inside my body has any form of sentience but i am no stranger to such abominations.' Jack tought with concern as he followed them.

• Brohoof 1

Luna looked at Jack eyeing his build. "So what sort of position where you looking for in the guard? We have numerous positions available that will always need soldiers. I feel as though you had one in mind."

Maple Walked with them. "I believe he wanted a scouting position but I'm not too sure."

• Brohoof 1

"Aye, I am nocturnal as well, so scouting would be most preferable for me. Tough I do excel at fighting behind enemy lines, its the one thing wich I

have been trained." he answered.

'It is perhaps my luck that the very one who taught me was a natural legend in infiltration.'  he tought

"Very well It shall happen." Luna said.

"Excuse me Lady Luna, Jack has these cuff things on and we believe that attempting to remove them will trigger some sort of alarm or hidden trap in there what are your thoughts."

"The armorer should be able to make a key to unlock those for you..." She answered "Or I could just remove them with magic."

• Brohoof 1

"I am afraid that using a key to unlock these things won't work, these cuffs were never meant to be removed, the ones who made these things

intended on having the victim keep them on forever. I am just afraid what the after effect will be once they are removed because from what I can summarise, these things are meant to act as torture devices, they have been attached to my body for around 3 entire years." Jack said with concern.

"Well, Better safe than sorry" Maple said "Let's leave them for now until we find a pony who can safely remove them."

Luna stepped towards Jack "Nonsense I am experienced enough to get these off." She started messing with the cuffs with her magic.

• Brohoof 1

Jack looked a bit scared but eased up quickly.

When the magic connected with the chains, it seemed to have some effect, but it gave off a small magic signal.

The mark on his arm started to glow a bit red, but the effect was subtle.

'That thing inside my body is starting to notice the magic, I just gotta hope that it doesn't have its own consciences. But it's weird, it's noticing her magic but is doing nothing to stop it? That is not a good sign.' jack though.

After a few minutes Luna stopped "I don't wish to risk it I could not bring myself to take that chance."

Maple shook her head. "It's alright perhaps my dad or brother could do it later for now lets get him into the guard." She yawned "Well before I have to leave at least."

Luna nodded "Right this way then." She led them to the barracks.

• Brohoof 1

'I could understand why she thinks that these cuffs are more than just decoration, I don't know why, but I just that. Perhaps I might be able

to get these off myself, but it's going to require a lot of brute force and it's going to hurt a lot too without a doubt.... O well, pain is not going to stop me from doing it.' Jack thought

Jack followed them to the barracks.

Maple showed Jack around the barraks. She explained how the weapons racks where organized, loosely, She showed him where the armor was kept and how soldiers where to keep it looking nice, And the halls that lead to the sleeping area for guard, The armory, where equipment gets made and fixed and the mess hall where they guard ate while on or off duty.

Luna introduced Jack to the armorer. The pony looked at him and said "I can make armor for him. But it'll take some time."

After the small tour of the place was done Luna came over to jack. "One more question. Do you want to stay here or off in ponyville like Maple?"

• Brohoof 1

As he followed the 2, he gave occasional nods, but didn't say much in particular, he is not much of a conversation person after all,

'It looks well organised, those things that I have read about the soldiers here slacking off after the 1000 year gap are just rumours, wich can be expected.' Jack thought.

He then turned around looked at Luna.

"It might be best here, while Ponyville is a great place, I have a natural weakness with staying along large populations, it just much more secluded here for my opinion." he said.

"Very well." Luna said "It shall be done. Maple you best go home now seeing as you're still off-duty."

Maple nodded "Yes, princess Thanks for the time off."

Luna smiled at her favorite captain "No problem you needed it." Maple walked off. "Now than about your accomadations..." Luna lead him to a room there where 4 beds in there. "No one stays here now so I will let you stay here alone I will seek your approve before putting a soldier in here is that alright?"

• Brohoof 1