Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cannot attach a file to a private message

Sunburst0x00

Hello,

I'm experiencing this problem: When I try to attach a file (image) there are 2 options in "Insert other media". First: "Insert existing attachment" Second: "Insert image from URL". There is no option to select file from hard drive. What should I do? Please help :)

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I used the testing forums to attach the file from the hard drive somewhere onto the site, THEN I'm able to attach the file to the PM using the Attach Existing File option. That's how I did it with images. YouTube Videos still automatically embed themselves just as I want them to when I just simply copy and paste the URL for the video.

That's just how I do it.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

What are you using to access the site? For me, the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." button is at the lower left corner of the text editor in regular topics and PMs on both my PC (using Chrome browser) and mobile.

@Totally Lyra ^_^ haha, silly billy, don't you know? @Sunburst0x00 The ability to attach files within the PM system is reserved for staff members and donors, stated so right here in the $10 subscription package:
221.png.421b77ec72a16ad4402910e8498cfc63.png
I must disclose, after the update there are a lot of things that have changed so you might want to consult a staff member who is familiar with the subject just to make sure you are getting what you are paying for should you choose to subscribe. :)

Edited by Snow
  • Brohoof 4

Yep, as @Snow mentioned, it's all about group privileges. By the way, I gotta admit, that the ability to use attachments in private messages is a pretty funny 'reward' for donor status. :P It's still possible to attach files there using workarounds, such as throwing files into Testing Forums.  :derp:;) 

• Brohoof 1