Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Seeking a RP "coach" of some sort

Kaneki

So, whenever I've attempted to get into an RP, I've either gone in way out of point, or just go way off the story when I don't mean to. I'd like to perhaps get a little back into RP, see if I can meet some people around here. What I'd like though, is someone to coach me on what would make a good RP'er and how to get started in one. Any takers on this job?

I don't RP that much here (I do plenty of face-to-face, which requires a similar but distinct skill-set) but I'd be willing to... well, I think calling it 'coaching' would be overstating my own teaching abilities, but I can try and offer a few pointers from my own experiences. I would mostly do it through exercises - so 'Pick a character and introduce them into [this setting]' or 'Have your character react to [this event] in such a way that it involves [that character]', then we'd have a look at what you'd written, if you're up for that?

Well really I could really get you into RPing! I've been RPing for most of my time on the forums now so maybe we could start a 1X1 RP together and I'll criticise you on what you're doing wrong as we go along so you can actually be a good RPer! :)

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Well really I could really get you into RPing! I've been RPing for most of my time on the forums now so maybe we could start a 1X1 RP together and I'll criticise you on what you're doing wrong as we go along so you can actually be a good RPer! :)

Sure! I've seen you around before so I'd love to have you help me!

PM me whatever time is best to start.

4 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Well we could start now actually if you can! :)

I may start a couple days from now, actually. My laptop is in a "half-working" state, the inner wi-fi card is in a nonusable state at the moment, and a new one is on the way. For now, I'm using a USB wi-fi stick, which is rather slow, so I'm gonna wait for a while.

6 minutes ago, Cloggedone said:

I may start a couple days from now, actually. My laptop is in a "half-working" state, the inner wi-fi card is in a nonusable state at the moment, and a new one is on the way. For now, I'm using a USB wi-fi stick, which is rather slow, so I'm gonna wait for a while.

Okay I guess we could start in a couple of days then! :)