Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Xericide Situation

jackfettgames

I just want to preface this with saying that this situation has a lot of personal stakes, so I will try to treat it with as much respect as I possibly can.  However, some information on the topic has been forever deleted or just not publicly shown, so I had to try my best to create a semi-accurate summary of what happened.

For the purposes of this summary, I will start with the release of Xericide's song "Without You."  It was a part of the Ponies at Dawn album "Anthology," but it was released early with Horse Music Herald.  On this release, a lot of people loved this future base track, including John Kenza.  Upon its release, the music video on the Ponies at Dawn YouTube channel gained a lot of popularity.

As far as I can tell, the premonitions of the controversies to come started when Xericide personally requested that the Ponies at Dawn video be unlisted.  However, the song was also released with the new label Onward, who kept the track online.  However, Onward's choice caused a downward spiral into confused morality.

It truly started when Xericide's aunt found Onward's video.  While information is not clear as to what she commented on the video, but it has been described as slander.  Apparently, the aunt followed up by telling Xericide's parents about the song, and the parents proceeded to take Xericide off of social media so he could focus on his grades.  And this would have been the whole story.

But "Without You" was copied from a YouTube tutorial.

I am unsure who discovered this video, but it shines an interesting light on the situation.

So, what do you think?  Please discuss below, and tell me how I did summarizing the situation.  Thanks for reading!

Sources: https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnKenza/status/915463340490493952 (Now unlisted video by The Wubstep Brony) 

• 4 months later...

I know him personally, but I can't give out any of his information I do have his songs if anyone's interested in them

Edited by Treepony
Spelling errors

• 10 months later...

Alright. So I'm going to hit on the topic of the situation and fill in any blank spaces, just incase people really want to know what happened, what went down, the after market, and the coming back. How am I going to explain this? Just look at my username (Yes I'm the real Xericide. And I'm not gonna make this information go in my favor. trust me. jut going to say facts as they are.)

Alright. It all kinda started back with the first song that wasn't mine. I had produced three songs before this, which were actually my first three songs. All in all, it started with 'Into Oblivion' a W.A. Production Project file that I just edited the synths on... because I don't know. I didn't really think of it as stealing at the time (At least for that project.) The project got onto an EQD Bonus Feature back in.... May 2017. I kind of saw this as a sort of bonus, because people liked something, Even though it wasn't mine, and I wasn't getting hated on like all my other projects (I put some stuff on a forum to get some feedback, and all I got were toxic comments.) So I just played it off like it was mine... and was pretty okay with it. It kinda hurt a bit, but people liked me.. so thats all that seemed to matter. Then two months later, I released 'Stronger Together' which was an electro house project I snagged from the internet again. This got some more positive feedback which was cool to see. Soon it started to be a thing where I was known for making house. People would be in Discord calls with me and would be like 'Yo! Look at me. I'm Xericide now!' And play a quick electro house loop they made. So all was good. Then I found a tutorial. The song for the tutorial was absolutely gorgeous and had only been posted four weeks before I found it... and had only 500 views. I though 'What could go wrong!' So I took the video, spliced it into a song, and called it a day. Over the course of two months, I hyped the crap out of it, by posting little snippets and 'WIPs' of it into the P@D and ASoS Discord. People got hyped for it and what not, and it was cool. Got a lot of awesome comments which made me feel good. (If you pretend you made it... it makes you happy.) So I proceeded with the release. I released it and I got like... 200 views and 50 comments over night. All of them expressing how amazing the track was. Some of my idols were on there, like iblank2apples, Faulty, DJT, NeverLastStanding, Hoofy (Brohoof Studios at the time) and so forth. The next day, I got a DM from EPT asking me if I wanted 'Without You' on Ponies At Dawn Anthology. I said yes, obviously, and the song narrowly made the deadline by one day. Everything was great. The teaser got a positive response, and the release party was a total blast. Everything was amazing... I was the fandom Prodigy. Literally. I got some people calling me that. Then about two weeks in, my parents found it all, and told me to take it down. I did, and my channel died. But I tried to keep 'Without You' alive. In the end, I failed and it fell off all platforms besides the P@D Bandcamp and Onward. Then my parents took my phone due to finding out about my discord and all that, and I was isolated for about two weeks. I managed to get a burner phone about two weeks later, and found some awesome supportive stuff. Two songs had been made for me, and a whole entire Twitter hashtag. It was amazing. Made me feel even more wanted, more popular. I just kinda keep being me. I didn't release anything since then, but I guess I didn't need to. Then one fateful day. I remember what I was doing, what time it was, the day, the weather... I remember everything. It was around 9:30, and I was going out to go get breakfast for my brother. It was a sunny Sunday, on October 23rd. I checked my phone and I had probably 90 notifications. All of them screaming and yelling and calling me a liar. I was confused, until on of the DM's had a link attached. The project file I took it from. Right then and there, I talked to only one person, which was MC-Arch. I deleted everything after about two hours and Xericide was no more. I made a new alias called Dextrii and started over. No one knew who I was and I just continued on. I released a metal song I did with my friends, but didn't credit them and just put it under Dextrii. I screwed up the description and someone called me out on it. It was kinda funny because I literally watched myself get banned from three servers simultaneously. Then I rebranded again... but with a different mentality. I called myself Fluxtryx, and was on my own path. I was invited to P@D and ASoS again and everything was looking up. I had already released two songs under the new alias and they were mine... absolutely horrid, but still mine. I continued on a bit, and did a collab with AxiomHorseMusic. After that, people found out I was Xericide and banned me again for 'Ban Evasion.' Wasn't exactly the case, but I understand the ban. I released two more songs under Fluxtryx and was happy with what I was doing. Some people had given me more chances, which was great... because I was out to prove the world wrong. Then at the end of 2017... like literally December 27, my parents found my burner phone and took that, took me out of traditional school and made me quit my job. I disappeared off the radar for three months, to much peoples liking probably, and came back on my discord from the browser from my laptop (Every thing is blocked, but I found a loophole) and spoke to some people for a bit. It seemed like everyone was still fuming, so I just kind of crawled back in a hole and hid. Throughout this time, I was producing music on GarageBand behind my families back, during my 'School Day'. So I was still going, trying to get better to prove my worth. Then around September, Discord started to work on Xbox... so I lightly kept in contact with the fandom, continuing to make music. I released music under and alias 'Skyfield'  (Literally only one song) and just kind of kept going. Then October hit, and I released a song I had been working on for a bit, under Xericide on the day that I basically was exiled. It got a few plays and like... 2 comments saying 'Welcome Back' and whatever. It was cool. It wasn't until around mid November 2018 that I initiated myself back into the fandom. A lot of people were still on edge with me, but I continued to write my own music, releasing another song a day after Christmas. I got access to a Plugin at this time, called Xfer Serum, so I started to make something with that. At this point, a new label called 'Never Say Neigh' had been formed, and had released its first compilation album already. So I decided to make something a bit heavier and submit it. Then January 22nd, I was the first solo release on Never Say Neigh of 2019. This was a cool feeling, and it was my own music. After the release of this, Hoofy started a thread on Twitter about forgiving me and all this cool stuff, and it got a lot of popularity. So that's where I stand writing this today. P@D and ASoS still hate me (Probably... they ghosted me) but I'm making a slow comeback, with my own works.

So yeah. Thats the story of Xericide. If any questions, just ask. Feel free to ask whatever, I'm an open book here.