Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

16 minutes ago, Duality said:

Only if you do it via application of energy. You want that thing to move fast? Shove kinetic energy into it. You want to freeze it? Hold it in place using energy. Any form of speed manipulation that doesn't involve 'brute force' speed alteration has to involve some sort of time manipulation, since physical speed doesn't change without energy inflow/outflow.

Should Miko's magic be energy absorption and manipulation? That does open up the doors to a variety of spells, not just going fast or making something slow. She could take in energy and use it to augment her physical abilities. Like absorbing fire and turning that into super strength. Draining electricity and turning it into super speed. Getting hit by a car and being healed by the kinetic force. And of course slowing down or speeding up a process by adding/subtracting energy. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Should Miko's magic be energy absorption and manipulation? That does open up the doors to a variety of spells, not just going fast or making something slow. She could take in energy and use it to augment her physical abilities. Like absorbing fire and turning that into super strength. Draining electricity and turning it into super speed. Getting hit by a car and being healed by the kinetic force. And of course slowing down or speeding up a process by adding/subtracting energy. 

'Energy manipulation' quite literally encompasses The Totality of Magic, including energy absorption. Even energy absorption alone is such a potent ability that Arid's old character had a subset of it as his only power (magical energy absorption) and was still one of the more formidable characters. This is easily Miko's most overpowered concept yet. :confused:

Edited by Duality

1 minute ago, Duality said:

'Energy manipulation' quite literally encompasses The Totality of Magic, including energy absorption. Even energy absorption alone is such a potent ability that Arid's old character had a subset of it as his only power (magical energy absorption) and was still one of the more formidable characters. This is easily Miko's most overpowered concept yet. :confused:

I guess that requires clarifying. Magic may behave like energy, but is it energy? We never came up with any loose definitions as magic was supposed to be mysterious and random. we never did come up with an in universe logic for storyline purposes but that kinda sets us back in clarifying things. 

I guess how I interpreted things was that magic was a sentient force that gravitated towards certain people and manifested itself through them, acting and reacting based on their actions. Like branches on a tree, growing out differently depending on the wind, water, sun and available space. Because it's reactive and an underpinning force of reality itself, it isn't quite energy. 

Likewise Miko can't control magic itself, but use magic to manipulate the behavior of energy. If magic relies on manipulation of energy in specific ways, than maybe Miko is a Jack of all trades, master of none type? Being able to do a limited bit of everything. For example:

• as a by product of draining energy, she can freeze an area, but she can't control ice and water. 
  • by concentrating energy, she can start fire, but can't manipulate it. Only turn it on or off. Same with absorbing it. She can't bring it too her. She has to go to it. 
  • she can take in electricity and discharge it, but she can't become electricity itself or make it do tricks like loop around opponents. 
  • she can absorb kinetic force, but not if the point of impact is bigger than the surface area of her body. Hit by a car? Fine. Hit by a fire hose? After the initial impact, not fine. 
  • And just because she can do these things in limited quantities doesn't make her immune. She may cause cold but she is vulnerable to it. A lack of energy. She has a limit to how much she can store so intense enough heat will burn her out. She can't negate fall damage, being thrown, being compressed or being pulled. Plus she can still fall to things like smoke, poison, drowning, lack of air or something really sharp and pointy. 

This actually could be why she struggled initially in Salem. She wasn't good at any one of the standard fields of magic and was gonna be deemed a failure due to her powers being misdiagnosed, before she disappeared. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I guess that requires clarifying. Magic may behave like energy, but is it energy? We never came up with any loose definitions as magic was supposed to be mysterious and random. we never did come up with an in universe logic for storyline purposes but that kinda sets us back in clarifying things. 

I guess how I interpreted things was that magic was a sentient force that gravitated towards certain people and manifested itself through them, acting and reacting based on their actions. Like branches on a tree, growing out differently depending on the wind, water, sun and available space. Because it's reactive and an underpinning force of reality itself, it isn't quite energy. 

Likewise Miko can't control magic itself, but use magic to manipulate the behavior of energy. If magic relies on manipulation of energy in specific ways, than maybe Miko is a Jack of all trades, master of none type? Being able to do a limited bit of everything. For example:

• as a by product of draining energy, she can freeze an area, but she can't control ice and water. 
  • by concentrating energy, she can start fire, but can't manipulate it. Only turn it on or off. Same with absorbing it. She can't bring it too her. She has to go to it. 
  • she can take in electricity and discharge it, but she can't become electricity itself or make it do tricks like loop around opponents. 
  • she can absorb kinetic force, but not if the point of impact is bigger than the surface area of her body. Hit by a car? Fine. Hit by a fire hose? After the initial impact, not fine. 
  • And just because she can do these things in limited quantities doesn't make her immune. She may cause cold but she is vulnerable to it. A lack of energy. She has a limit to how much she can store so intense enough heat will burn her out. She can't negate fall damage, being thrown, being compressed or being pulled. Plus she can still fall to things like smoke, poison, drowning, lack of air or something really sharp and pointy. 

This actually could be why she struggled initially in Salem. She wasn't good at any one of the standard fields of magic and was gonna be deemed a failure due to her powers being misdiagnosed, before she disappeared. 

Energy is defined as 'the ability to do work', so speaking quite generally if something can be used to do stuff it's energy. Magic is just a different form of energy (or a different group of forms of energy) to the normal ones, that interacts with consciousnesses as well as with other forms of energy.

The question, then, is of what forms of energy Miko can manipulate. Heat, kinetic energy and electromagnetic energy seem to be your round-up there - they're all transmitted by the same fundamental particle (gotta love virtual photons), so it makes sense as a grouping. It appears that her manipulation consists of absorbing the energy and emitting the energy without any further control, which means that the extent of this power is being able to heat/cool things, ground electric/magnetic fluxes and discharge them, and absorb kinetic energy (which would include fall damage because being hit by a car isn't different from being hit by the ground) and presumably use it to shove things very hard later on. Am I correct in assuming that she has to be touching it to absorb it but can emit it towards moderately distant opponents? If so, this is a fairly decent power with quite clear limitations, although I must ask if I've got the full extent of it described correctly.

9 minutes ago, Duality said:

Energy is defined as 'the ability to do work', so speaking quite generally if something can be used to do stuff it's energy. Magic is just a different form of energy (or a different group of forms of energy) to the normal ones, that interacts with consciousnesses as well as with other forms of energy.

The question, then, is of what forms of energy Miko can manipulate. Heat, kinetic energy and electromagnetic energy seem to be your round-up there - they're all transmitted by the same fundamental particle (gotta love virtual photons), so it makes sense as a grouping. It appears that her manipulation consists of absorbing the energy and emitting the energy without any further control, which means that the extent of this power is being able to heat/cool things, ground electric/magnetic fluxes and discharge them, and absorb kinetic energy (which would include fall damage because being hit by a car isn't different from being hit by the ground) and presumably use it to shove things very hard later on. Am I correct in assuming that she has to be touching it to absorb it but can emit it towards moderately distant opponents? If so, this is a fairly decent power with quite clear limitations, although I must ask if I've got the full extent of it described correctly.

No you got pretty much spot on. I was going with fall damage as a weakness as Miko wouldn't have the kinetic force being imparted onto her. She would be the force being imparted. she isn't exactly having the planet impart it's kinetic energy onto her.  I also went with that logic as there was an X-men mutant with a similar power set and him being blown away and dropped was the only way he could be stopped. But hey if your down with fall and throw damage working in her favor for the sake of consistency then so am I. 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

No you got pretty much spot on. I was going with fall damage as a weakness as Miko wouldn't have the kinetic force being imparted onto her. She would be the force being imparted. she isn't exactly having the planet impart it's kinetic energy onto her.  I also went with that logic as there was an X-men mutant with a similar power set and him being blown away and dropped was the only way he could be stopped. But hey if your down with fall and throw damage working in her favor for the sake of consistency then so am I. 

Wait, when she absorbs the kinetic energy of something, is that in the sense of stopping it in its tracks relative to her? Cars stop dead if she absorbs their energy and so on? Because if so, fall/throw damage would hurt her after all - kinetic energy is relative to what you take as your zero speed benchmark, and if Miko is her own zero mark she'd have to absorb an entire Earth worth of energy when she hit the ground.

I got mixed up for a second thinking that absorbing forces was the same as absorbing energy - Newton's law of equal and opposite forces would mean that the force of the ground on her is identical to the force of her on the ground, making it easy for her to absorb it, but absorbing kinetic energy relative to oneself is quite a different kettle of fish, now that I think about it. I'm sure there's some way to make an infinite energy generator by absorbing and emitting kinetic energy relative to an object that can speed up and slow down, but I'll save that for the back of my envelope. :Thorax:

5 minutes ago, Duality said:

Wait, when she absorbs the kinetic energy of something, is that in the sense of stopping it in its tracks relative to her? Cars stop dead if she absorbs their energy and so on? Because if so, fall/throw damage would hurt her after all - kinetic energy is relative to what you take as your zero speed benchmark, and if Miko is her own zero mark she'd have to absorb an entire Earth worth of energy when she hit the ground.

I got mixed up for a second thinking that absorbing forces was the same as absorbing energy - Newton's law of equal and opposite forces would mean that the force of the ground on her is identical to the force of her on the ground, making it easy for her to absorb it, but absorbing kinetic energy relative to oneself is quite a different kettle of fish, now that I think about it. I'm sure there's some way to make an infinite energy generator by absorbing and emitting kinetic energy relative to an object that can speed up and slow down, but I'll save that for the back of my envelope. :Thorax:

Okay now I'm getting mixed up. What's the difference between absorbing force vs energy? 

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Okay now I'm getting mixed up. What's the difference between absorbing force vs energy? 

The key concept here is that you can take different speeds as your zero speed reference point. For example, if you are considering a train, you can take the train as your zero speed reference point (the perspective of people sitting on the train watching the ground move past out the window) or you can take the ground as your zero speed reference point (the perspective of people standing on the ground watching the train go past).

If you and a wall collide, you impart force to the wall and the wall imparts force to you. The size of this pair of forces is independent of your zero speed reference point (i.e., it doesn't matter whether the wall is moving or you are moving, you experience identical forces either way).

On the other hand, if you collide with a wall you impart energy to the wall, and if the wall collides with you the wall imparts energy to you. The question of whether you collide with the wall or the wall collides with you is entirely dependent on your zero speed reference point (i.e., the question of whether you're standing still or the wall is standing still).

Now, if the wall collides with you at a certain speed (i.e., if someone rips it out and throws it at you) it obviously hurts a lot more than if you collide with a wall at that same speed (i.e., if you run without looking where you're going), since walls are a lot heavier than you are and thus hit a lot harder (i.e., with more energy).

In all normal situations we take Earth as our fixed zero speed reference point, but Miko is the fixed zero speed reference point of her own magic, meaning that for the purposes of absorbing the wall's energy the wall always collides with her and thus it always hits a lot harder. If she falls and hits the ground she can't nullify it with her magic because for the purposes of her magic the entire Earth is pounding into her face. In terms of force the ground doesn't hit hard, but in terms of energy - with Miko as the zero speed reference point - it's literally an entire planet hitting her.

Alternatively, if that's still confusing (it's part of the fundamentals of Einsteinian relativity, so there's no shame), here's a different tack:

Force is not a property of objects. Energy is. When Miko falls she has kinetic energy, but to say that she 'has force' is meaningless. When Miko hits the ground she experiences force, but to say that she 'experiences energy' is meaningless.

If Miko could absorb force, she would not have to experience force upon impact with anything at all, whether car or wall or ground, regardless of whether she was thrown at it or it was thrown at her.

Since energy is a property of objects, on the other hand, it makes sense to distinguish between Miko absorbing the energy of other objects and Miko absorbing the energy of her own body. If Miko absorbed the energy of other objects, she would be able to nullify the impact of other (sufficiently small) objects hitting into her (like speeding cars or ripped-and-thrown walls). If Miko could absorb the energy of her body, she would be able to nullify the impact of her hitting into other (much larger) objects (like static walls or the ground).

Since Miko cannot absorb the energy of her own body, she can nullify the impact of other (sufficiently small) objects hitting into her but not the impact of her hitting into other (sufficiently large) objects. This is clearly different from the alternate Miko who can absorb force, since alt-Miko would not have to experience force upon any sort of impact.

This is mostly extraneous unless Miko gets into some really weird pickles, though. Absorbing force lets her nullify fall/throw damage, but absorbing energy (assuming it's not the kinetic energy of her own body) does not.

21 hours ago, Duality said:

The key concept here is that you can take different speeds as your zero speed reference point. For example, if you are considering a train, you can take the train as your zero speed reference point (the perspective of people sitting on the train watching the ground move past out the window) or you can take the ground as your zero speed reference point (the perspective of people standing on the ground watching the train go past).

If you and a wall collide, you impart force to the wall and the wall imparts force to you. The size of this pair of forces is independent of your zero speed reference point (i.e., it doesn't matter whether the wall is moving or you are moving, you experience identical forces either way).

On the other hand, if you collide with a wall you impart energy to the wall, and if the wall collides with you the wall imparts energy to you. The question of whether you collide with the wall or the wall collides with you is entirely dependent on your zero speed reference point (i.e., the question of whether you're standing still or the wall is standing still).

Now, if the wall collides with you at a certain speed (i.e., if someone rips it out and throws it at you) it obviously hurts a lot more than if you collide with a wall at that same speed (i.e., if you run without looking where you're going), since walls are a lot heavier than you are and thus hit a lot harder (i.e., with more energy).

In all normal situations we take Earth as our fixed zero speed reference point, but Miko is the fixed zero speed reference point of her own magic, meaning that for the purposes of absorbing the wall's energy the wall always collides with her and thus it always hits a lot harder. If she falls and hits the ground she can't nullify it with her magic because for the purposes of her magic the entire Earth is pounding into her face. In terms of force the ground doesn't hit hard, but in terms of energy - with Miko as the zero speed reference point - it's literally an entire planet hitting her.

Alternatively, if that's still confusing (it's part of the fundamentals of Einsteinian relativity, so there's no shame), here's a different tack:

Force is not a property of objects. Energy is. When Miko falls she has kinetic energy, but to say that she 'has force' is meaningless. When Miko hits the ground she experiences force, but to say that she 'experiences energy' is meaningless.

If Miko could absorb force, she would not have to experience force upon impact with anything at all, whether car or wall or ground, regardless of whether she was thrown at it or it was thrown at her.

Since energy is a property of objects, on the other hand, it makes sense to distinguish between Miko absorbing the energy of other objects and Miko absorbing the energy of her own body. If Miko absorbed the energy of other objects, she would be able to nullify the impact of other (sufficiently small) objects hitting into her (like speeding cars or ripped-and-thrown walls). If Miko could absorb the energy of her body, she would be able to nullify the impact of her hitting into other (much larger) objects (like static walls or the ground).

Since Miko cannot absorb the energy of her own body, she can nullify the impact of other (sufficiently small) objects hitting into her but not the impact of her hitting into other (sufficiently large) objects. This is clearly different from the alternate Miko who can absorb force, since alt-Miko would not have to experience force upon any sort of impact.

This is mostly extraneous unless Miko gets into some really weird pickles, though. Absorbing force lets her nullify fall/throw damage, but absorbing energy (assuming it's not the kinetic energy of her own body) does not.

So in layman's terms, energy is Miko being hit by stuff while force is stuff being hit by Miko. That could be an interesting dynamic. She could do both, but only activate one or the other, her strengths and weaknesses changing depending on what she chooses, and I imagine that it'd be pretty taxing and time consuming to switch. It'd be like her playing Janken (OG rock, paper, scissors) with whatever situations she's in.  

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

So in layman's terms, energy is Miko being hit by stuff while force is stuff being hit by Miko. That could be an interesting dynamic. She could do both, but only activate one or the other, her strengths and weaknesses changing depending on what she chooses, and I imagine that it'd be pretty taxing and time consuming to switch. It'd be like her playing Janken (OG rock, paper, scissors) with whatever situations she's in.  

Not quite - with energy there's a difference between Miko being hit by stuff and stuff being hit by Miko, while with force it doesn't make a difference either way. If she was able to absorb force she'd be able to do pretty much the same things as if she absorbed energy, with the additional ability to nullify fall/throw damage, but 'absorbing force' makes less sense as an ability than absorbing energy (since energy is a thing in itself but force is just change in momentum).

On 3/16/2020 at 9:04 PM, Duality said:

Not quite - with energy there's a difference between Miko being hit by stuff and stuff being hit by Miko, while with force it doesn't make a difference either way. If she was able to absorb force she'd be able to do pretty much the same things as if she absorbed energy, with the additional ability to nullify fall/throw damage, but 'absorbing force' makes less sense as an ability than absorbing energy (since energy is a thing in itself but force is just change in momentum).

Absorbing force doesn't make much sense even by magic standards. Got it. We'll stick with energy absorption, conversion & redirection then. Gives us strengths, weaknesses, variety of spells and options for a back story as far as Salem is concerned. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

@Duality Dude. It's been a month. Are we cancelling this RP? 

image.thumb.png.dc0c6fce2db0bba0fcae5c9485b77de7.png

image.png.c5ddb8f41df904de94a5798f2cefde57.png

I've been working on it behind the scenes for about a week now while in lockdown / working from home (after all the pre-COVID madness and governmental live announcements settled down a bit), but a massive time sink has been scraping all the larger lore from the IC and OOC threads into a single summarised 'Important Notes' section, so any newcomers (plus myself) can refer to major stuff easily in the OP and so the sequel thread is relatively self-contained. This involves sifting through and condensing almost a hundred pages of stuff, which I'm frankly thrilled I've managed to do most of in that span of time. Suffice to say I'm actively working on it. :adorkable:

Update: I've managed to wrangle most of the lore to a readable level of organisation and formatting.

My main remaining objective is to formalise a clearly expressed, reasonably detailed universal system of magic that allows full variation in character powers while hopefully addressing some of the feedback about excess superpoweriness I got a little while ago (and ideally avoids most of the confusion the admittedly vague previous version created). I have some solid scribbles on the topic, I just have to refine them into something worth basing an RP on.

I will be returning to doing fieldwork after this weekend, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to knock the vast majority of it out before Monday - I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoyed worldbuilding. Stay safe and healthy y'all. :fluttershy:

11 minutes ago, Duality said:

Update: I've managed to wrangle most of the lore to a readable level of organisation and formatting.

My main remaining objective is to formalise a clearly expressed, reasonably detailed universal system of magic that allows full variation in character powers while hopefully addressing some of the feedback about excess superpoweriness I got a little while ago (and ideally avoids most of the confusion the admittedly vague previous version created). I have some solid scribbles on the topic, I just have to refine them into something worth basing an RP on.

I will be returning to doing fieldwork after this weekend, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to knock the vast majority of it out before Monday - I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoyed worldbuilding. Stay safe and healthy y'all. :fluttershy:

That sounds interesting! I am not entirely sure if Druantia will be making a comeback or if I'll be making a new character (should I decide to jump back into this.) She is certainly an enjoyable character but it's been so long and I would not mind brewing up a new character for the new world. 

Oh, I don't know if you've watched Beastars on Netflix yet, but I'd definitely look into that for the anthro races we had in the game (who's name escapes me at the moment). Absolutely fantastic first season, plus that music! 

So I'm deciding to go with a New character, and I'm going to randomly generate them here and now. First I'm going to use Dungeons and Dragons to help divine out what they'll be good and poor at. I've decided to roll 6d20s one time, and take the results no matter how they turn out straight down the line.

20 is peak performance that a person could possibly have, 1 is basically utterly disabled in that area 

strength: 5
Dexterity: 16
constitution: 9

So physically someone who is very weak, but they are remarkably fast and agile, and only a little under average as far as constitution goes. I'm reading that as something small and quick. 

Intelligence:5

Wisdom: 16

Charisma: 16

Now this is interesting. 5 Intelligence in dungeon and dragons terms is a little smarter than a dog. It's also slightly less intelligent than a Skeleton summoned by a Necromancer. It's also said that at a 5 intelligence you communicate more through gestures than through language. Me thinks whatever this character is, It won't be a student per say. That said it is both surprisingly wise and quite charismatic.

I think we have ourselves a recipe for a Mascot character. Not so much a student as a magical creature that lives on campus as the schools pet. Would you be up for a Mascot like character on campus @Duality ? 

• Brohoof 1

@Duality Since stuff is being compiled, do I need to make any adjustments to my timeline of Salem-verse events? 

13 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

Oh, I don't know if you've watched Beastars on Netflix yet, but I'd definitely look into that for the anthro races we had in the game (who's name escapes me at the moment). Absolutely fantastic first season, plus that music! 

Funny, I was gonna mention Cat's Don't Dance for potential pelijae/human interactions. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Buck Testa said:

So I'm deciding to go with a New character, and I'm going to randomly generate them here and now. First I'm going to use Dungeons and Dragons to help divine out what they'll be good and poor at. I've decided to roll 6d20s one time, and take the results no matter how they turn out straight down the line.

20 is peak performance that a person could possibly have, 1 is basically utterly disabled in that area 

strength: 5
Dexterity: 16
constitution: 9

So physically someone who is very weak, but they are remarkably fast and agile, and only a little under average as far as constitution goes. I'm reading that as something small and quick. 

Intelligence:5

Wisdom: 16

Charisma: 16

Now this is interesting. 5 Intelligence in dungeon and dragons terms is a little smarter than a dog. It's also slightly less intelligent than a Skeleton summoned by a Necromancer. It's also said that at a 5 intelligence you communicate more through gestures than through language. Me thinks whatever this character is, It won't be a student per say. That said it is both surprisingly wise and quite charismatic.

I think we have ourselves a recipe for a Mascot character. Not so much a student as a magical creature that lives on campus as the schools pet. Would you be up for a Mascot like character on campus @Duality ? 

Sounds all right to me pending a bio, although I'm not sure how much flexibility 5 INT would allow for being someone's main character.

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

@Duality Since stuff is being compiled, do I need to make any adjustments to my timeline of Salem-verse events? 

I'll repost it in the OP of the new OOC thread with all requisite tweaks made. I've already addressed the major aspects in this thread, so I'll just be doing things like changing 'mage x' to 'suspected mage x' in most cases and otherwise making sure everything lines up with all the other historical lore I've compiled and reviewed (if that's all right with you, of course). I've revised the first half of the intro to incorporate major stuff that the first iteration missed too, like the daemon realm incursion and details on how the mages revealed themselves to the world.

I don't know what the heck is happening but this post hasn't registered like my last 4 versions of this post. @Duality Think something like a PIkachu for characterization. It can't talk per say, but it's expressive and intuitive. Angel Bunny from the show would be another example of what I'd be going for with this kind of character. As for the stats, there is some wiggle room there because I have racial stats I'd still need to distribute. With those you get +2 to a primary stat and +1 to a secondary. If I need too I can make the character a little smarter. 

15 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

I don't know what the heck is happening but this post hasn't registered like my last 4 versions of this post. @Duality Think something like a PIkachu for characterization. It can't talk per say, but it's expressive and intuitive. Angel Bunny from the show would be another example of what I'd be going for with this kind of character. As for the stats, there is some wiggle room there because I have racial stats I'd still need to distribute. With those you get +2 to a primary stat and +1 to a secondary. If I need too I can make the character a little smarter. 

That sounds pretty interesting - I don't think I've seen a non-D&D character devised using dice before. I'm looking to get the next Salem thread up and running by late tomorrow, so you should be able to post a bio then. :P

9 hours ago, Duality said:

That sounds pretty interesting - I don't think I've seen a non-D&D character devised using dice before. I'm looking to get the next Salem thread up and running by late tomorrow, so you should be able to post a bio then. :P

It helps breaks me out of creative ruts sometimes. I'm planning on using dice to completely create the character. 

For example, I know this character isn't going to be evil since they will be part of the campus, but where would they be on the alignment spectrum? Lets roll for it. 
1: Lawful Good
2: Neutral Good 
3: Chaotic Good
4: Lawful Neutral 
5: True Neutral 
6: Chaotic Neutral 

oooh! I rolled a big fat 6. This character will be Chaotic Neutral. 

maybe a mischievous individual?

I'm starting to get an idea of what it could be. I know a creature that is mischievous and has around the same intelligence rating as this character. 

A Mimic. I'm thinking some kind of cute mascot like Mimic that's a bit mischievous.