Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What’s a sectional staff?

Ponimatronic

1 hour ago, Ponimatronic said:

As said on the title.

Entry level Moderator that is focused on one area of the site ... one Section. 

• Brohoof 2

@Ponimatronic

I might elaborate a little further actually being a Sectional Staffer. (Though @Jeric was an Admin (if my memory serves me correctly) so he knows his stuff.) 

To expand on his answer a little more.

You'll see various sections of the site like MLP:FIM, Roleplay World and Octavia's World as examples. A Sectional will look after a certain section, for example I am a Roleplay World sectional. This means I have to make sure everything there is all ship shape. My job mainly includes reviewing OCs for EQE as well as making sure that people post this in the right area and that people don't just post in closed RPs and so on. 

A Sectional for another area would do other things. No idea what, I can make a guess but I'd not know as I only work within Roleplay World. 

TL:DR:

In this long winded answer, Sectionals do the little moderation tasks like moving topics, reporting violations to Global Moderators, keeping and eye out to make sure users follow the rules and other sectional specific tasks. We're the front line soldiers making sure things run smoothly on our little front line.

Hope that made sense, I go a little overboard when I answer stuff like this.

• Brohoof 6

1 minute ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

@Ponimatronic

I might elaborate a little further actually being a Sectional Staffer. (Though @Jeric was an Admin (if my memory serves me correctly) so he knows his stuff.) 

To expand on his answer a little more.

You'll see various sections of the site like MLP:FIM, Roleplay World and Octavia's World as examples. A Sectional will look after a certain section, for example I am a Roleplay World sectional. This means I have to make sure everything there is all ship shape. My job mainly includes reviewing OCs for EQE as well as making sure that people post this in the right area and that people don't just post in closed RPs and so on. 

A Sectional for another area would do other things. No idea what, I can make a guess but I'd not know as I only work within Roleplay World. 

TL:DR:

In this long winded answer, Sectionals do the little moderation tasks like moving topics, reporting violations to Global Moderators, keeping and eye out to make sure users follow the rules and other sectional specific tasks. We're the front line soldiers making sure things run smoothly on our little front line.

Hope that made sense, I go a little overboard when I answer stuff like this.

Well put!

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was locked