Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet the RP Staff!

Props Valroa

Hello there! If you are mentioned in this thread, it is because you a fellow Roleplay Staffer! As per our initiative to have a more engaged and active Roleplay staff, this thread is intended for users to get to know the RP staff. 

@GeneralDirection @Mentis Soliloquy @ReverieRiver

There are a few questions that would be useful for others to get to know you. I'll list a few examples of what each of you can use if you wished to have examples.

Q: What kind of RPs do you like? 

I tend to like RPs that involve a fair amount of mystery and drama between the characters. An RP isn't interesting to me if everyone gets along. What drives the story is conflict and drama between the characters. I also like RPs where I can use my characters in Combat and Worldbuilding to explore the world around them, but also develop their internal thoughts. Long and highly detailed Roleplays is where my interest lies primarily. Something that I can build with someone over a long course of time is my ideal.

My favorite type of Roleplay involves disregarding the Canon universe completely and coming up with my own settings with other people that our characters can interact and experience under our own terms.

Q: What preference OCs do you have? 

Most of my characters tend to be Unicorn Mares. Though, I mostly will play mare characters in RP. I have no idea why but that is just generally what my preference has evolved into over the years. I have also used human characters in the past but I prefer to keep things Pony only. I can make up characters on a whim when the situation calls for it. I have a few main characters I use in RP, but I am open to exploring new ones. 

Q: What do you not like in RP?

My least favorite thing in RP is illiteracy and improper grammar. For me to have any interest in an RP it must be clearly presentable. I'm also not a fan of one liners or low effort replies. If you want to Roleplay with me, it is customary to match or exceed the effort that I am putting into a Roleplay. I do not like RPs that involve furry content either. I also am not fond of Character death unless it is agreed upon beforehand. Surprises are good, but don't surprise me with stuff that would change the course of my character's story without express permission first. 

I also am not fond of Slice of Life Roleplays - they tend to bore me. An RP for me needs action, excitement, and mystery for it to be interesting to me. Slice of Life and casual parts of Roleplays is fine, just as long as there is always a driving force behind the plot. Roleplays that match the tone of the show also tend to bore me - I tend to prefer darker and more complex settings than the show's canon. 

Roleplays set within the show's canon as it is, shown in the canon universe as it is shown is not something I tend to like for the most part. If you want to Roleplay with me, we'll preferably doing something different than what is shown in the show. 

Q: What is your RP experience and how long have you roleplayed for?

I have roleplayed since June of 2016. I have been having a constant growth in my writing and expression of my characters since then. I wouldn't consider myself a novelist by any means, as I am learning and growing as I have more experience with Roleplaying. I tend to offer very long replies to posts when the motivation and energy suits me, but otherwise I am content with a few paragraphs. You can easily tell my effort and energy that goes into an RP by how much I write and describe in each post. 

Q: What do you look for in potential RP partners?

People who have characters with uncommon backgrounds and stories is interesting to me. I am not interested in the average Pony, I want someone who can offer something truly mysterious and exciting. I look for experienced Roleplayers who can match my level of writing, or better yet, exceed it. I am here to learn from people as well. I am always looking for more experienced people to help me with my Roleplays. My ideal RP partner is someone who can also be a close friend to me, and for us to bond together through the stories that we create. 

Q: Tell us about yourself. It can be anything; hobbies, interests.

I like alternate history, maps, flags, history, astronomy, science fiction, and other such concepts that deal with how people think and act. I find how people express and conduct themselves to be a fascinating subject, especially what causes people to act and the manner that they express themselves. I am very into fiction and non-fictional works, I also like Geography and Geology as well.

Q: If you could be the best in the world at something, what would it be?

My ideal life, if I could have something like that, would be spent doing something that is advancing humanity's progress and colonization of space. I would ideally seek to be the most intelligent person on Earth, so that I could serve to advance the goals of humanity through my own contributions with the express interest in the development of technology for peaceful purposes.

Q: How would you describe yourself?

If there is one way I could describe myself it would be "Contrarian". If something is groupthink for the most part, I'll likely be highly suspicious of it. I seek to carve out my own identity based on my own achievements and interests. I tend to be come off as somewhat harsh or extremely deliberate in what I do and what I think. I am very loyal to those I consider my friends, and I will do anything to protect them from harm. I am a deep thinker by nature, as well. I tend to be controversial, independent, and fiercely dedicated to the ideals I hold true to myself. I am very friendly towards those I trust and consider my friends. 

• Brohoof 1

A: I like a lot of different types of RPs, everything from action/adventure to slice of life, mysteries, 1x1, and large groups. I play either my own OCs or I can do canon characters as well.

A: I have OCs ranging from filly to young adult aged, so it will depend on which character I am using and who they will be interacting with. My OCs are generally very pleasant and friendly so if they’re paired with a character who is mean/edgy they probably won’t get along well. D: I would prefer that your character has some sort of physical description whether it’s text or some art. I am a pretty flexible RPer so I can often adapt to whatever the situation calls for.

A: I prefer to not partake in romance RPs or anything that heavily focuses on combat/fighting.

A: Roleplayed for over 10 years, primarily MLP. I started playing canon characters and have grown to play my own cast of ten original characters.

A: Follow the forum and RP section rules, be either willing to play a role in constructing the RP environment or have a desire to learn. If you will be playing your OC, provide a character sheet or description of their personalities, appearance, and abilities. Communication is also important to me, so we minimize misunderstandings. Never be afraid to ask questions!

A: Besides the obvious answers of MLP, RP, and OCs, my hobbies and interests include computers, gaming, website development, music (metal and electronic are my fav genres), sweets, chocolate milk, cheese, cooking, reading, and cars.

A: I would wish to be the best at being empathetic. The best sort of friend is one who is there alongside you, helping you in your times of trouble, and that is the sort of friend that I wish to be.

A: Pretty easy-going, sometimes I can be shy when you first meet me, but once I get to know you, I’m quite friendly and love to chat. I am responsible, polite, detail-oriented, an analyst, and very loyal to those who have earned my trust. I enjoy being silly and random but also understand when it’s time to be serious. 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was pinned

I'm pretty flexible in this regard, but I adore anything with an interesting plot where stakes are high! Genre-wise, fantasy and sci-fi are a couple personal favorites of mine, but again I'm down for just about anything if the premise is good! I'm also willing to slow down for a nice slice-of-life RP sometimes, where characters can get to know one another and story development can happen organically.

Honestly, I've got a little bit of everything in the OC department. I've got stallions, mares, pegasi, Earth ponies, unicorns, OCs of all sorts! What's more important to me is the backstory and that it makes sense for the character. Though I suppose I ought to give a heads-up that I do tend to make my OCs some flavor of LGBTQ, so if you're not a fan of that just be aware.

When someone disrespects basic RP rules by godmodding, power-playing, etc. All I ask is for everyone to let everyone else have a good time, and breaking these kinds of rules makes it less fun for other people involved.

I've been roleplaying for going on 12 years now! Though I haven't frequented the RP section here very frequently in terms of activity (something I intend to change in the near future!), I RP quite often through other channels, so I'd say my experience is pretty considerable~

I have to agree with TBD here, enthusiasm is key! As long as you're willing to contribute your ideas and you're willing to learn, you're already on the right track! Though, I do generally prefer proper spelling and grammar, along with decent formatting (paragraph breaks please!! Big walls of text are a no-no for my dyslexic self ^^') and at minimum one paragraph responses with adequate narrative detail and/or dialogue. I'll admit that I am on the more wordy side, and find script-style or one-sentence responses lacking.

Just about anything and everything relating to technology has been a big interest of mine since I can remember! From coding to fiddling with PC hardware, I just love messing with technology. I also have a huge soft spot for robots and AI characters - they're just so fascinating to me as a concept. I've been working on a webcomic concept for a while now centered around a robot pony, actually! (Feel free to ask me about it :3)

Drawing quickly and consistently! I love drawing in my spare time, but I never seem to have the time, motivation, or energy to do it when I want to... And when I do, it takes hours to finish just one piece. What I wouldn't give to be able to make as many drawings as my heart desires without taking ages to do it!

I am something of an introvert, and find it hard to open up to new people. I'm trying to work on this, especially online, but the truth is I am on the autism spectrum and sometimes social situations are just stressful. I worry a lot about somehow overstepping some unspoken social boundary, and think hard about how my words may come across. Other than that, I like to think I am a friendly person, and am always trying to be as kind as I can possibly be. I've also been told that I am very good at explaining things, so if you have questions, please feel free to ask me and I'll do my very best to explain what I know!

• Brohoof 1

Heavens, no pressure doing these chunky questions at all, let me see... *Cracks knuckles*.

Oh, that's a good one, isn't it? I think a better way to answer this question is to ask what I don't like? Personally at least which I suppose is the question heh... I like everything, I've done just about everything in my *Looks at calendar* (it's been 8 years?!) time here on MLPFourms and online in general when it comes to RP too in more private adventures. So I'd say what I don't like is mostly the darker side of things, horror is the main genre I'd like to stay away from, I love the idea of the cute innocence of the world of Equestria and I want to keep it that way, so anything that isn't dark I do genuinely enjoy when I dip my toe (even a hoof) into the various genres of RP that there is out there.

*Looks at others' answeres to this question to see what it's on about...* Mmm... Well, it would seem it would be talking about preferences when it comes to who I play? Well, if it's like that I have none, I've done most things from having fun as a little filly doing silly things at school to my ponysona Mentis doing rather standard adult stuff like going to work and playing video games, I mostly have girls in my collection so to speak, but that doesn't stop me from swapping around like crazy and having a ton of fun to boot when I do!

See question one on that dear reader, covers the question. 

Before I started here for the forums I had dabbled a little inside of D&D and a bit in terms of RPing online in video games like Garry's Mod RP servers but this was never anything too crazy so I'd say let's add another year and we'll come to nine < (that scares me it's been that long).

In how long I've been going at this here and elsewhere on the internets for me personally it's mostly two to three things;

1. The person in question can write to a decent enough degree, it doesn't have to be more than a full sentence or even that at times, sometimes short replies are perfect for what is occurring but the ability to add grammar and write to a decent standard is something I tend to look for.
  2. Next would be for the ability for some to commit to whatever story I'm writing with them, this is harder to gauge obviously but it's something I seek. I've had a few RP partners who I've been doing things with on the daily for more than half a decade at this point and it's wonderful still a thing I look for.
  3. Last but not least is some creativity on some scale, throw a curve ball in here, steer the plot a way here and that'll keep me happy to the cows come home.

Q: Tell us about yourself. It can banythingng; hobbies, interests.

Eh, life is life for me. I Roleplay like an addict, I like playing games, socializing with my friends, playing magic the gathering and playing Age of Sigmar currently. Things come and go, but this is what I mostly enjoy doing on my own time when I'm not at work.

That's such a broad question I almost can't think of what I want, there are many things I'd love to be good at. To be the best at as the question asks. Making others truly happy would be a wonderful thing for me, if I had to pick only one thing.

As interesting as a boiled potato, there is a reason I like to get lost in a world protend ponies and hang out online, but I'd say I have a decent sense ohumouror and I'm understanding and like to make others happy, I think that is all y need to be happy and I like being happy.

*Looks around* We're done? Sweet, hopefully you enjoyed the read, I know it hurt my wrists to write this much in one go haha.