Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Diplomatic meeting or tour

Xada

I was thinking. Would someone be interested in doing something out of the ordinary? One of my OCs is a head of state, of a nation west of Equestria called Anocratic empire. Each one of us would play a pony who represents a state.

It would be wise to discuss how we want the RP to go before starting. I'm leaning more towards being an advanced roleplayer. Or narative roleplayer i guess. 

Alternatively, we could play as regular ponies. I would play as Harmonious Percussion, a unicorn husband of Emperor Bigpip. You would play a pony or kirin of your choice, who would go on a tour of sorts, into Harmonious Percussion's homeland west of Equestria. Here is a macro map of the land west of Equestria.

.  MapofBigpipstan.thumb.png.5b5180f00a244d1b3a9a2d277c7dfdf6.png

Here is how Emperor Bigpip and Harmonious Percussion look like.

Bigpiponthrone.thumb.png.5ab81d3b4bb6005a138b170a6df82d09.pngHarmoniousmining.thumb.png.33e2e414981c9063acd5fb21e904b4f9.png

Edited by Xada
  • Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Diplomatic meeting or tour
6 minutes ago, Props Valroa said:

I would find this of interest. 

Tell me more. Is the diplomatic meeting or the Harmonious Percussion tour of interest to you?

• Brohoof 1

That would be correct.

The first part of the map shows terrain, the second part shows local specialization, the third part of the map shows names and emblems of administrative region.

• Brohoof 1

I might be interested. How exactly do you plan on doing this role play involving characters heads of states? Are you looking for a character from Equestrian that has significant political power? Or could a regular pony also work? And what is Harmonious Percussion’s occupation?

I might have several ideas but it seems like you have very developed ideas for what you want for this RP and I want to make sure that my ideas match.

• Hugs 1
  • Leaves 1

I think we could start your character arriving at a port in a ship .The inicial idea was to have two characters who are heads of state. Though that would require the other person to already have their own pony state in mind. So a pony from Equestria who is hightly influencial, like somepony wealthly would do i suppose.

Harmonious Percussion used to be a full time miner but became Bigpip's castle staff. After they got married.

I tried to do this before with someone else who roleplayed as characters from Equestria at war. However we both got bored of it after the span of two years, so it ended inconclusively. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=511405&hilit=buckball

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Huh, I could see this working potentially. I have an idea for a diplomat/emissary character from Equestria for this. However, what would the reason for this meet-up be? And what is the culture of this empire like?

I don't think it's that diferent from those of ponies in Equestria.

In terms of customs there is few things that may be different, they are: Don't eat a meal without a table, unless you have to. Take off your shoes when entering a building, if you don't wear shoes then wash your hoofs or feet after entering. Respect elders. It is expected to work somewhat diligently. Follow the virtues of Harmony to the best of your ability. Don't touch people without their consent (there are exceptions). Don't be sexist. Don't do crime.
The last two are enforced by law. Those those before them just make people dissapointed in you.
Most building in Anocratic empire have renesance and constructivist style, with majority of low buildings being build of stone blocks while materials such as concreate are reserved for taller constructions such as apartment buildings. The average town is designed in a circular shape with with residential buildings being on the edge and everything else being in the center. This way everything in the town is within walking distance. Though this is not always the case in the colony on Acrab, since defence is taken into account there as well.

10 hours ago, Xada said:

I don't think it's that diferent from those of ponies in Equestria.

In terms of customs there is few things that may be different, they are: Don't eat a meal without a table, unless you have to. Take off your shoes when entering a building, if you don't wear shoes then wash your hoofs or feet after entering. Respect elders. It is expected to work somewhat diligently. Follow the virtues of Harmony to the best of your ability. Don't touch people without their consent (there are exceptions). Don't be sexist. Don't do crime.
The last two are enforced by law. Those those before them just make people dissapointed in you.
Most building in Anocratic empire have renesance and constructivist style, with majority of low buildings being build of stone blocks while materials such as concreate are reserved for taller constructions such as apartment buildings. The average town is designed in a circular shape with with residential buildings being on the edge and everything else being in the center. This way everything in the town is within walking distance. Though this is not always the case in the colony on Acrab, since defence is taken into account there as well.

I think that this could work. What are you thinking?

(edited)

We can have three people playing. The map won't be that important, since i will be describing the diferent places during the tour. I think we should start with your characters being escourted by Harmonious Percussion at a shipyard after arrived by a ship.

Edited by Xada
  • Brohoof 1

On 2023-10-15 at 3:06 AM, Xada said:

We can have three people playing. The map won't be that important, since i will be describing the diferent places during the tour. I think we should start with your characters being escourted by Harmonious Percussion at a shipyard after arrived by a ship.

Sure, I suppose we could start with that. I'll just put in some more details about my character. Harmony Song is a pegasus mare from Canterlot who is a diplomat/emissary. She loves flying and learning about new cultures, and she's friends with Princess Twilight Sparkle. 

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 1