Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anocratic empire's tour

Xada

The ocean west of Equestria was rather stormy and unpleasant. Due to lack of any pegasi weather control. As two very important ponies would find out on their voyage to them mysterious land of Anocratic empire in west Equus. When the storm began to clear a land whould be seen. The somewhat arid yet temperate coast of the Ponynia region.

Their ship came to a halt as it was anchored in one of Ponynia's ports. From the ship, not many ponies were seeen trotting in the town. What could be seen from the ship that is. Despite that, the region wasn't that population dense as other regions in Anocratic empire.
The weather was slightly cloudy and their crew begun to disembark from their ship. Alongside the the two very important ponies.

A green stallion with purple mane and a pickaxe striking a blue sheet was seen waiting for them. The unicorn waved his right front hoof the disembarking ponies walking the plank onto the pier.

"Greetings Equestrians, I'm Harmonious Percussion, loyal husband of Emperor Bigpip and for the time being your guide. We will make our way from Ponynia to the capital region of Imperial castle. Where Emperor Bigpip will allow you to negotiate on important matters. We will travel mostly by state of the art electric trains that Anocratic empire has to offer to it's citizens and diplomats alike. On our way, we can take short detours if you wish but it would be better to not make Emperor Bigpip wait. There will be more time for touring after meeting with him. Emperor Bigpip is an industrious ruler one would desire as you may see. Please do not let his stoic attitude rub you the wrong way." Harmonious Percussion sighs
"I almost forgot to ask, what are your names?" he said, his dark green eyes looking the two VIPs over.

A few onlooking sailors were suprised to see Harmonious Percussion at the port. Since being married to the Emperor makes you well know, for better or worse.

While this was going on Emperor Bigpip resumed with his daily routine of having a vegatable breakfast and checking mail. The few other ponies in Imperial castle have cleaned the whole castle more then usual, expecting visitors.

Edited by Xada
  • Brohoof 2

Harmony Song was one of those important ponies. As a diplomat for Equestria, she loved visiting and learning about new places. In addition to that, as an emissary sent by Princess Twilight Sparkle herself, she knew this mission of establishing diplomatic relations would be important, and she is proud of what she does. She glanced around in wide-eyed wonder as she disembarked. Given that she was a pegasus, she would have preferred to disembark by flying down to the pier from the ship, but given that she didn't know the customs of this region yet, she opted to join the others disembarking via the plank. 

On 2023-10-21 at 3:03 AM, Xada said:

A green stallion with purple mane and a pickaxe striking a blue sheet was seen waiting for them. The unicorn waved his right front hoof the disembarking ponies walking the plank onto the pier.

Ah, this must be the pony that she was told to meet. Harmony straightened her hair bow and walked up to the green stallion. Harmonious Percussion would notice a cute pastel pink pegasus mare approach him. This mare would have a light yellow, light pink, and light purple mane with a very purple hairbow tying it into a ponytail. In addition, she would also have a very purple tailbow, and her pink wings would fade to purple at the tips.

"Hello, I'm Harmony Song, a diplomat from Equestria," she introduced, offering her hoof for a hoofshake.

On 2023-10-21 at 3:03 AM, Xada said:

"Greetings Equestrians, I'm Harmonious Percussion, loyal husband of Emperor Bigpip and for the time being your guide. We will make our way from Ponynia to the capital region of Imperial castle. Where Emperor Bigpip will allow you to negotiate on important matters. We will travel mostly by state of the art electric trains that Anocratic empire has to offer to it's citizens and diplomats alike. On our way, we can take short detours if you wish but it would be better to not make Emperor Bigpip wait. There will be more time for touring after meeting with him. Emperor Bigpip is an industrious ruler one would desire as you may see. Please do not let his stoic attitude rub you the wrong way." Harmonious Percussion sighs

"We'll then, I suppose we should head right there, just as soon as we figure out how to get my luggage to the train station," Harmony Song replied, laughing nervously and gesturing to her large pile of baggage that just finished being unloaded.

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 1

@Xada @Skylight Scintillate

Carnelian Clout was the other important pony that had arrived here. Unlike many others, she had a very negative opinion of Equestrian leadership and the rulers of the Crystal Empire. From the tyranny of King Sombra, to the rulers of Cadence and Shining Armor - Crystal Ponies were not ruled by Crystal Ponies. Neither did they have a nation to call their own, or a society where they could govern their own affairs. Carnelian Clout aimed to change that - with her Royal House being quite powerful in the Empire, whether or not others wanted to admit it - she had a decent amount of pull among the population. 

As Carnelian Clout approached Harmoney Song and Harmonious Percussion - she would be noted for her strikingly beautiful appearance and her confident demeanor. Carnelian Clout listened to what was said to them, and she would proceed to introduce herself to both Harmoney Song and Harmonious Percussion. "I am Carnelian Clout - Viscountess of the Crystal Empire and the leader of the Noble House Onyx. I am pleased to be here." she spoke, as two other guards would walk behind her idly - they were here to protect Carnelian Clout if it was ever needed. The guards had her luggage on a cart, and Carnelian Clout was well prepared for this. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Props Valroa

3 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

"We'll then, I suppose we should head right there, just as soon as we figure out how to get my luggage to the train station," Harmoney Song replied, laughing nervously and gesturing to her large pile of baggage that just finished being unloaded.

"I wasn't expecting our guests to bring luggage with them beyond what would fit in saddlebags... Might have been a mistake on our part miss Harmoney Song." Harmonious Percussion said, slightly frowning. Thinking about what to do he turned to Carnelian Clout

"I'm pleased to meet a leader of a royal house. Good to have you here. I would like to hear about your House of Onyx later. Right now we need to get your luggages to the train station and we should probably hurry because while trains are the main mean of transport on the mainland, you still don't want to wait for a next train to arrive because you missed it by a minute. It happened to me personaly." he said, looking kinda flustered, resuming "Should i refer to you by your title miss Carnelian Clout? Since your guards have a cart, could you maybe help out Miss Harmoney Song with her's?" he said with a slight smile.

Edited by Xada
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

@Props Valroa 

On 2023-10-21 at 4:03 PM, Xada said:

@Props Valroa

"I wasn't expecting our guests to bring luggage with them beyond what would fit in saddlebags... Might have been a mistake on our part miss Harmoney Song." Harmonious Percussion said, slightly frowning. Thinking about what to do he turned to Carnelian Clout

"I'm pleased to meet a leader of a royal house. Good to have you here. I would like to hear about your House of Onyx later. Right now we need to get your luggages to the train station and we should probably hurry because while trains are the main mean of transport on the mainland, you still don't want to wait for a next train to arrive because you missed it by a minute. It happened to me personaly." he said, looking kinda flustered, resuming "Should i refer to you by your title miss Carnelian Clout? Since your guards have a cart, could you maybe help out Miss Harmoney Song with her's?" he said with a slight smile.

"Oh, it actually isn't that much luggage..." Harmony Song laughed nervously. She managed to separate her luggage from the large pile of baggage on the pier and load it onto an unused cart. All the luggage combined was small enough that Harmony Song could push the cart by herself. "You know, it seems like on every diplomatic mission I go on, I either under-pack or over-pack," Harmony Song joked, laughing nervously as she pushed the cart along, following Harmonious Percussion. "Anyways, we were headed towards the train station?"

• Hugs 1

@Skylight Scintillate @Xada

Carnelian Clout would look to Harmoney Song, noting how she had gotten her luggage on her own cart. Carnelian Clout would look to her guards, "If you need help, one of my guards can push the cart for you. I'll be a dear and help a fellow Equestrian out." she spoke, smirking somewhat as she looked to Harmonious Percussion. "You both have awfully similar names, forgive me if I mix it up, but anyway, let's get a move on. We don't want to be late." she said, with a raised hoof as she looked back at them with her eyes fluttering slightly. Carnelian was making sure to appear rather nice to them, here.

In truth, she didn't consider Crystal Ponies Equestrians at all. Oh, she brought a lot of books with her about the Crystal Empire to set the record straight with someone who hadn't been exposed to Equestrian myths. She'd enjoy telling the truth about the Crystal Empire's history. Part of her wondered why the two she was with had such similar names. Was coincidence? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Skylight Scintillate@Props Valroa

"Be that as it may, let's walk to the nearest trainstation than. Follow me!" Harmonious Percussion answered simply.
"You no doupt have some questions to ask, so tell me what you want to know while we make our way to the train station. Try to keep in mind that i was born in the colony of Acrab, instead of here on the mainland of west Equus. So my knowlage is more limited then that of my husband Emperor Bigpip. The train station isn't far away, don't worry."

As you walk togather out of the port, you can see that the buildings here are constructed in a constructivist style, with stone blocks cut out of local stone, that being marble and limestone. You were entering a residential area, with apartment blocks being arranged in curved lines, facing a center that you were walking towards. The street here hed a few large abstract scuptures to beautify the orderly local view. Some of the apartment buildings hed grafiti on their ground floors painted over the walls.

Edited by Xada
  • Brohoof 2

On 2023-10-22 at 12:44 AM, Carnelian Clout said:

"If you need help, one of my guards can push the cart for you. I'll be a dear and help a fellow Equestrian out." she spoke, smirking somewhat as she looked to Harmonious Percussion. 

"Oh, um, I got it," Harmony Song blushed, politely declining Carnelian's offer. However, after a second, she did a quick glance at Carnelian again. Something about the way she said that seemed off. It almost seemed like this other pony had an issue with her? Harmony couldn't be sure for now, but it definitely seemed a bit suspicious. "So uh, you're from The Crystal Empire? What's it like? And what do you do there?"

On 2023-10-22 at 3:02 AM, Xada said:

"You no doupt have some questions to ask, so tell me what you want to know while we make our way to the train station. Try to keep in mind that i was born in the colony of Acrab, instead of here on the mainland of west Equus. So my knowlage is more limited then that of my husband Emperor Bigpip. The train station isn't far away, don't worry."

"I suppose I do have some questions: Why are we invited here? What does Emperor Bigpip want to discuss with us about? And what is your role?" Harmony asked while glancing around at the local architecture. It was quite different from what she saw at home in Canterlot. For one, there was a lot more graffiti. It definitely had a unique personality, which was interesting.

• Hugs 1

"Be that as it may, let's walk to the nearest trainstation than. Follow me!" Harmonious Percussion answered simply.

As you walk togather out of the port, you can see that the buildings here are constructed in a constructivist style, with stone blocks cut out of local stone, that being marble and limestone. You were entering a residential area, with apartment blocks being arranged in curved lines, facing a center that you were walking towards. The street here hed a few large abstract scuptures to beautify the orderly local view. Some of the apartment buildings hed grafiti on their ground floors painted over the walls.

Carnelian Clout would keep her eyes open and look at all the various details they would see on the way there. It was interesting, different from Equestria - with the buildings being constructed out of stone blocks with curved areas to them. It was not something that she had really seen anywhere else. It was interesting.

"Oh, um, I got it," Harmoney Song blushed, politely declining Carnelian's offer. However, after a second, she did a quick glance at Carnelian again. Something about the way she said that seemed off. It almost seemed like this other pony had an issue with her? Harmoney couldn't be sure for now, but it definitely seemed a bit suspicious. "So uh, you're from The Crystal Empire? What's it like? And what do you do there?"

Carnelian would look back tat Harmoney Song. "It's the nicest place in the world - with Elegant Architecture not seen anywhere else in the world. I am the leader of House Onyx, a powerful Royal Family stemming back to the ancient days when the Empire began." she said, with pride evident in her words. 

"I suppose I do have some questions: Why are we invited here? What does Emperor Bigpip want to discuss with us about? And what is your role?" Harmoney asked.

Carnelian would look to Harmonious Percussion, indicating that she also wanted the answers to these questions. 

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate@Props Valroa

20 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

"I suppose I do have some questions: Why are we invited here? What does Emperor Bigpip want to discuss with us about? And what is your role?" Harmoney asked while glancing around at the local architecture. It was quite different from what she saw at home in Canterlot. For one, there was a lot more graffiti. It definitely had a unique personality, which was interesting.

"Some buisness stuff i think. From what know, the colony of Acrab is in need of expanding educational capacity within some kind of deadline. Due to an expected immigration wave. I'm personaly his secretary but used to work as a miner in a Acrab colony, before me with Emperor Bigpip have fallen in love togather." he anwered. 

They continued to work as the residential blocks were instead replaced by small factories and manufacturing plants. They passed by a powerplant of some sorts. Which powered the town's electrification. The street was busy here, with ponies. The area also seemed to be slightly warmer since they weren't on the coast anymore. Pegasi weather control could be seen working above the town, keeping wether in the town optimal.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

23 hours ago, Carnelian Clout said:

Carnelian would look back tat Harmoney Song. "It's the nicest place in the world - with Elegant Architecture not seen anywhere else in the world. I am the leader of House Onyx, a powerful Royal Family stemming back to the ancient days when the Empire began." she said, with pride evident in her words. 

Harmony Song hadn't heard of House Onyx before, but she wasn't really sure how to ask, so she stayed quiet. However, she hoped that maybe Harmonious Percussion or Bigpip would ask her.

4 hours ago, Xada said:

"Some buisness stuff i think. From what know, the colony of Acrab is in need of expanding educational capacity within some kind of deadline. Due to an expected immigration wave. I'm personaly his secretary but used to work as a miner in a Acrab colony, before me with Emperor Bigpip have fallen in love togather." he anwered. 

"I see," Harmony replied. "Yeah I can see how Equestria could help with that. We do have plenty of universities and other institutions that are looking for more students and such," Harmony explained as she navigated the crowds of ponies. "So it seems like both here and Equestria use pegasi to manage and schedule the weather? And it seems like this city does manufacturing. What kinds of things do they make here?" Harmony glanced up, watching the pegasi work before turning to Harmonious Percussion.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Carnelian Clout would silently observe their surroundings, taking note of the weather pegasi in the area. She squinted slightly, taking in the various details of the power plant. It felt warmer here.

"I see," Harmony replied. "Yeah I can see how Equestria could help with that. We do have plenty of universities and other institutions that are looking for more students and such," Harmony explained as she navigated the crowds of ponies. "So it seems like both here and Equestria use pegasi to manage and schedule the weather? And it seems like this city does manufacturing. What kinds of things do they make here?" Harmony glanced up, watching the pegasi work before turning to Harmonious Percussion.

"We don't have that in the Crystal Empire. No pegasi. It is cold year round, we have never had any Pegasi in the Crystal Empire." Carnelian Clout spoke to Harmony, as she then would look to Harmonious Percussion. "Due to the Empire being gone from history for a thousand years, we still have a lot to learn about the world at large." Carnelian added. 

• Brohoof 2

"Mostly steel and common consumer goods are produced here. There are alloy forges because there are iron mines north east of here. There also some mixed agricultural farms outside the city, managed by earth ponies. Electricity and water treatment is done here as well. Though i don't know what the other small manufacturing buildings here produce, since i don't go this far east. I only visited the grand tomb in this region before meeting up with you at the port. Along with gathering some info from locals."

Harmonious Percussion said, leading you to the center. Where the scenary changed to that of buildings offering different services with a park in which many colts and fillies played. There was a tall limestone block building behind the park, with a printed flag of the Anocratic empire. To the right of this building was a barely visibly underground entrance.

"Do you see those downward stairs behind that tree over there?" he asked pointing with his front hoof. "Thats an entrance to the underground part of the town. Leading to the trainstation and maintanence tunnels. Thats where we need to go, through the park." he clarified.

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-10-23 at 3:31 PM, Carnelian Clout said:

"We don't have that in the Crystal Empire. No pegasi. It is cold year round, we have never had any Pegasi in the Crystal Empire." Carnelian Clout spoke to Harmony, as she then would look to Harmonious Percussion. "Due to the Empire being gone from history for a thousand years, we still have a lot to learn about the world at large." Carnelian added. 

"Huh, yeah I wonder about that. Do you know what happened in the Crystal Empire during that time? So was it like you woke up the next day and found out that actually 1000 years had passed or...? And what was the Crystal Empire like back then? Despite all the traveling I've done, I've never actually been to the Crystal Empire. What's it like?" Harmony asked Carnelian. 

9 hours ago, Xada said:

"Mostly steel and common consumer goods are produced here. There are alloy forges because there are iron mines north east of here. There also some mixed agricultural farms outside the city, managed by earth ponies. Electricity and water treatment is done here as well. Though i don't know what the other small manufacturing buildings here produce, since i don't go this far east. I only visited the grand tomb in this region before meeting up with you at the port. Along with gathering some info from locals."

"Huh, for the most part, that sounds quite similar to Equestria, although it appears that this city is more technologically advanced compared to what we have. Though what is this grand tomb that you mentioned?" Harmony asked Harmonious. 

9 hours ago, Xada said:

"Do you see those downward stairs behind that tree over there?" he asked pointing with his front hoof. "Thats an entrance to the underground part of the town. Leading to the trainstation and maintanence tunnels. Thats where we need to go, through the park." he clarified.

"Umm, I don't suppose that route involves any stairs, does it? Or are there ramp alternatives available?" Harmony asked, gesturing to the carts.

• Hugs 1

"Huh, yeah I wonder about that. Do you know what happened in the Crystal Empire during that time? So was it like you woke up the next day and found out that actually 1000 years had passed or...? And what was the Crystal Empire like back then? Despite all the traveling I've done, I've never actually been to the Crystal Empire. What's it like?" Harmony asked Carnelian.

"It was like a blink of an eye. There was no transition in time. The Crystal Empire was much better back then - everyone else forgets that the Empire today, is only the Capital City. In my time, we were a vast Empire that stretched all across the Northern Parts of the world. Then because of a Tyrannical King's certain actions, the Capital itself was lost to time, over the years, what was once part of our lands became part of Equestria, and was forgotten." Carnelian Clout spoke with gritted teeth and looked down at the ground with a pained look in her eyes. "Now, we are a shell of our former selves, and once again, the Crystal Ponies are ruled by foreigners." 

Harmonious Percussion said, leading you to the center. Where the scenary changed to that of buildings offering different services with a park in which many colts and fillies played. There was a tall limestone block building behind the park, with a printed flag of the Anocratic empire. To the right of this building was a barely visibly underground entrance.

Carnelian kept her eyes open as she listened, and had no issue going to the underground part of the town. "Seems like this area has a lot of varied interests." she spoke, then looking to the various colts and fillies playing with the flag up on that tall building. In a sense, she was happy to see those colts and fillies playing.

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa@Skylight Scintillate

"There is a spacious underground tomb in the west part of this region. Lot of ponies go mourn there on all souls day, since it contains many corpses of notable ponies in sarcophaguses, so that their relatives can visit them. I would not recomend going there since, it can be easy to get lost there. It is still being expanded to increase it's capacity.  We will pass around the tomb's entrance by train later.

There is a ramp next to the stairs, however the cart won't fit on the train, we will need to unload it into the right train when it arrives. When we get to the capital, the train will stay there for long enough to unload it. Then we will have to ask somepony with the baggage, how heavy is it?

Speaking of which. We should move on, follow me" he said leading you through the park to the underground entrance that hed wide stairs with a ramp leading under the park. The staircase was iluminated by electric lamps. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2023-10-24 at 9:36 PM, Carnelian Clout said:

"It was like a blink of an eye. There was no transition in time. The Crystal Empire was much better back then - everyone else forgets that the Empire today, is only the Capital City. In my time, we were a vast Empire that stretched all across the Northern Parts of the world. Then because of a Tyrannical King's certain actions, the Capital itself was lost to time, over the years, what was once part of our lands became part of Equestria, and was forgotten." Carnelian Clout spoke with gritted teeth and looked down at the ground with a pained look in her eyes. "Now, we are a shell of our former selves, and once again, the Crystal Ponies are ruled by foreigners." 

"Oh," Harmony noted. "Well that explains a lot..." Harmony Song wasn't really sure what else to say, so she mostly stayed quiet. It sounded like the politics of the Crystal Empire were quite complicated, and Harmony did not want to open that can of worms at this moment.

On 2023-10-25 at 9:29 AM, Xada said:

"There is a spacious underground tomb in the west part of this region. Lot of ponies go mourn there on all souls day, since it contains many corpses of notable ponies in sarcophaguses, so that their relatives can visit them. I would not recomend going there since, it can be easy to get lost there. It is still being expanded to increase it's capacity.  We will pass around the tomb's entrance by train later.

There is a ramp next to the stairs, however the cart won't fit on the train, we will need to unload it into the right train when it arrives. When we get to the capital, the train will stay there for long enough to unload it. Then we will have to ask somepony with the baggage, how heavy is it?

Speaking of which. We should move on, follow me" he said leading you through the park to the underground entrance that hed wide stairs with a ramp leading under the park. The staircase was iluminated by electric lamps. 

"I see. I don't think my luggage is going to be that much of a problem. I mean like, I don't have that much luggage..." Harmony explained, blushing slightly as she followed Harmonious down the ramp underground. 

• Brohoof 1

Carnelian's guards continue to comically push the luggage along down the ramp slowly. She had more luggage than Harmony, after all. Her guards stayed silent, their crystal armor clinking around a bit as they followed the three down the ramp.

"Oh," Harmony noted. "Well that explains a lot..." Harmony Song wasn't really sure what else to say, so she mostly stayed quiet. It sounded like the politics of the Crystal Empire were quite complicated, and Harmony did not want to open that can of worms.

Carnelian would keep a straight face - though she had a look that indicated that she was rather upset and disturbed by something. Whatever it was, she was definitely thinking of something. Carnelian did not seem like a happy mare, and seemed to look down at the ground slightly as they walked along, though as they went deeper she'd keep her head up and look around at their surroundings. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Props Valroa @Skylight Scintillate

15 hours ago, Carnelian Clout said:

Carnelian's guards continue to comically push the luggage along down the ramp slowly. She had more luggage than Harmony, after all. Her guards stayed silent, their crystal armor clinking around a bit as they followed the three down the ramp.

"Alright stay here. I will go have a look, to see which platform the train going to the capital will arrive at." Harmonious Percussion said trotting east alongside the first rail. 

There were only four platforms for trains, since this was a final stop on the coast, the third platform hed a railway tunnel for a cargo train to stop and load or unload resources. The roof above the rails hed electrical wires to power the trains. The walls of the underground station were that of uncovered natural rock which was smoothed. It was slightly colder and more humid here then it was in the town above ground. There were a few earth pony passerby on the station but it looked deserted otherwise.

Edited by Xada
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

@Props Valroa 

5 hours ago, Xada said:

"Alright stay here. I will go have a look, to see which platform the train going to the capital will arrive at." Harmonious Percussion said trotting east alongside the first rail. 

There were only four platforms for trains, since this was a final stop on the coast, the third platform hed a railway tunnel for a cargo train to stop and load or unload resources. The roof above the rails hed electrical wires to power the trains. The walls of the underground station were that of uncovered natural rock which was smoothed. It was slightly colder and more humid here then it was in the town above ground. There were a few earth pony passerby on the station but it looked deserted otherwise.

Harmony glanced around the underground train station. It definitely felt quite different from the train stations in Equestria. For one, very few train stations were underground in Equestria. The only ones that came to mind for Harmony were the ones in Manehatten, but that was because it was a very large and dense city. In addition, the station felt strangely empty, which seemed strange. Shouldn't the city's main train station be quite busy, especially if there is a train coming soon? It felt quite strange, almost as though they shouldn't be there.

"I guess we'll just stand here, *awkwardly*, while we wait for the train or something..." Harmonmy said to nopony in particular while leaning against her cart. 

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Xada said:

@Props Valroa @Skylight Scintillate

Carnelian Clout looked at the lights in the train station, thinking that there was something unusual about that. "Hmm, electrical power, wires. Not something I have much experience with - we would usually use crystals to light what we needed. Electricity didn't exist in the Crystal Empire before it vanished." she mentioned as she looked around the place. Her guards stuck close to her, indicating they were slightly nervous about being in a different area they were not used to.

• Brohoof 1

Harmonious Percussion came back "The train should be here in a few minutes, it has a short delay. Which isn't suprising considering not many travel to this part of Ponynia and there are multiple stations along the way." he was interupted by a roar from the tunnel as a cargo train emerged zooming past, with multiple multiple wagons atrached to it. The train was white, with a purple stripe painted across it.

"The train will be here at platform one, in a minute. So we just take the baggage with us on the train when when it gets here after that train left." he answered.
So more ponies came to the first platform, they were mostly earth ponies who did not seem to mind the presence of the foreigners who came to this small city. 
"How are you two doing so far in this small city? You will be visiting it again on your way back." he asked with a smile.
  • Brohoof 1

Harmony would glance at the electrical wires above the tracks and the electric lighting in the station. She was aware of electricity: she had been to some of the research labs in Canterlot looking into it. However, she was quite surprised to see electricity being used like this in such setting. 

On 2023-10-26 at 7:03 PM, Carnelian Clout said:

"Hmm, electrical power, wires. Not something I have much experience with - we would usually use crystals to light what we needed. Electricity didn't exist in the Crystal Empire before it vanished." she mentioned as she looked around the place. 

"Yeah, Equestria is similar in this regard. We have only just started researching electric lighting and trains, so it's surprising to see them in widespread use here. However, given that said lab results are promising, I suppose we are on the right track," Harmony replied, gesturing around to the various ways electricity is used in the station. "I feel like Equestria quite likes using magic to do things."

14 hours ago, Xada said:

"The train will be here at platform one, in a minute. So we just take the baggage with us on the train when when it gets here after that train left." he answered. So more ponies came to the first platform, they were mostly earth ponies who did not seem to mind the presence of the foreigners who came to this small city. "How are you two doing so far in this small city? You will be visiting it again on your way back." he asked with a smile.

"Hmm, well we haven't seen much, but I get the impression that this place is more technologically advanced than Equestria. As I've said earlier, things that are being researched in Equestria are already in widespread and common use here," Harmony answered. However, she did have a few questions, and she tried to glance at a map to try and answer them. First, she wanted to figure out what the name of the city she was in. Second, she found it a little strange that this port city is a small city. In Equestria, all the coastal ports have major cities around them for trading and commerce. Is this the main port city of this Empire? If so, why is it so small? If not, what is the major port city of this region, and why did we end up in this port city instead? And third, she checked the map for the name of the empire, not sure if Ponynia was the name of the empire, or a region within the empire, or a region that the empire is in. To be honest, she was still a bit confused by all the locations thrown around, and she needed to see it on a map to sort it all out. If the map didn't answer her questions, she would ask Harmonious.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

"Hmm, well we haven't seen much, but I get the impression that this place is more technologically advanced than Equestria. As I've said earlier, things that are being researched in Equestria are already in widespread and common use here," Harmony answered. However, she did have a few questions, and she tried to glance at a map to try and answer them.

"It does seem to be the case, last time i visited a coastal town in Equestria with Emperor Bigpip, i have seen some kind of firearms being adopted along with telephones. Though i don't remember seeing electric trains or any computers, so our empire still is more technologicaly advanced." Harmonious answered

Looking at the map, Harmoney Song could see that Ponynia was an administrative region and it was one of four regions along with Chevrony, Farbrook and Crystal duchy that did not have any major ports.

• Hugs 1

15 hours ago, Xada said:

"It does seem to be the case, last time i visited a coastal town in Equestria with Emperor Bigpip, i have seen some kind of firearms being adopted along with telephones. Though i don't remember seeing electric trains or any computers, so our empire still is more technologicaly advanced." Harmonious answered

Looking at the map, Harmoney Song could see that Ponynia was an administrative region and it was one of four regions along with Chevrony, Farbrook and Crystal duchy that did not have any major ports.

"I will have to get a look at the blueprints for this kind of technology. I am sure the Crystal Empire would like to make use of this stuff." Carnelian said with almost wide eyes, finding it all very impressive. If this was something she could get her hooves on, then she could have more leverage for theroyal house Onyx - and work to remove Cadence and Shining Armor from power so the Crystal Ponies can rule themselves.