The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

(edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 11:36 AM, TheTaZe said:

All I can say is that I'm glad I don't do that much anymore. I can't seem to function with less than 5 hours of sleep.

That's good to hear. In all honesty, I probably should do something about my current sleeping habits. 

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 3

Just now, Cash In said:

That's good to hear. 

In all honesty, I probably should do something about my current sleeping habits. 

I always try to play some kind of music in the background to help me sleep. Usually classical. Have you ever tried something like that?

• Brohoof 2

Just now, woodchunks66 said:

I’m guessing your a military dude

Thanks for your service!:mlp_smug:

Yup I was in the Navy for 6 years. Thailand was one port visit. I was topside rover for that. Wearing body armor, an M16 and an M9 plus spar ammo on my belt.... that sucked. But the visit was fun. 

Just now, Cash In said:

In all honesty, I probably should do something about my current sleeping habits. 

Have you looked at setting up sleep rituals and looking at your sleep hygiene? Those two have helped me battle insomnia 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 11:39 AM, TheTaZe said:

I always try to play some kind of music in the background to help me sleep. Usually classical. Have you ever tried something like that?

Yeah, I used to do that. It sometimes worked as a sleep method. I stopped doing it in late 2016.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, Cash In said:

Yeah, I used to do that. It sometimes worked as a sleep method. 

I stopped doing it in late 2016

I wish I could you some more with sleeping habits but the best thing I try to do is not even pay attention to my computer screen after awhile and just hit the hay.

Just now, The Recherche said:

I see you down there, my dude~! :mlp_icwudt:

He is just lurking :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

I've actually had those days before. Days where I've gotten NO sleep at all. Those were probably the worse days of my life. :blush:

Oh that reminds me of my sleepless nights. :P 

But it was 100% my own stupidity ~

I skipped sleep because... I wanted to make something productive heh..

Either way it was like this:

woke up ->  went to work -> did my stuff after work -> no sleep -> went to work the next day -> got back home -> went to sleep

Now that part highlighted in red was the worst - it was a whole day full of regrets; constantly complaining on myself for what I did or rather didn't. Definitely one of the worst days for my mental health. Physically I was tired, but that burden in my mind was even worse. :P

And the impossibru challenge? Sit down and try to not fall asleep. :laugh:

I did that multiple times and each time it was a true nightmare - never going to do that again. :P 

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

Yeah, I used to do that. It sometimes worked as a sleep method. 

I stopped doing it in late 2016

If I may offer a suggestion, then I would recommend avoiding naps if you can; those can recharge you when you don't truly need it yet. :grin: Also, in the future, you should do what you can to exercise; that will burn some energy that you might have built up. These are just suggestions, though; take them for what you will.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Rikifive said:

Oh that reminds me of my sleepless nights. :P 

But it was 100% my own stupidity ~

I skipped sleep because... I wanted to make something productive heh..

Either way it was like this:

woke up ->  went to work -> did my stuff after work -> no sleep -> went to work the next day -> got back home -> went to sleep

Now that part highlighted in red was the worst - it was a whole day full of regrets; constantly complaining on myself for what I did or rather didn't. Definitely one of the worst days for my mental health. Physically I was tired, but that burden in my mind was even worse. :P

And the impossibru challenge? Sit down and try to not fall asleep. :laugh:

I did that multiple times and each time it was a true nightmare - never going to do that again. :P 

I've made it over 24 hours without sleep a few times but after that I usually just go to bed because I would be so deathly tired that nothing that I thought even mattered to me anymore. :please:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 11:41 AM, Jedishy said:

Have you looked at setting up sleep rituals and looking at your sleep hygiene? Those two have helped me battle insomnia 

I haven't really had a gander at my sleep hygiene or done many sleep rituals. Do you have any ideas? 

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

So. Many. Notifications. :scoots: This is way too many for this one pone to handle on his own. Usually, I'm the one flooding notifications and I can't even do that due to how inactive I have been lately. :pout: Now how have all of you been doing today? :) 

23 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

I am a back now.

Wow, you've guys have been busy. :squee:

2688e30cce1b31f64d126adc9ce19dbd.png

You call that busy? :D You must be new. :P 

image.png.6afef10a34070accb7016ed57f3e51a9.png 

22 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

I think Wannabrony used to do that too until someone complained about it or something.

D-did I get a complaint? :blink: Well, I'm sorry to who doesn't like me flooding their notifications, I promise I'll try to tone it done. :please:

22 hours ago, Cash In said:

I didn't complain about it, but... 

_20180610_133404.thumb.JPG.b0e326b2ce9188fbd0778b20fe89f848.JPG

That was the last swarm of @Wannabrony notifications that I had. 

Yeah, that was also the last time I had free time on my hands. :adorkable: 

22 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

I want a swarm of @Wannabrony notifications too! :(

22 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Me too! 

You'll get it when I get some free time, don't worry. :catface: I'm thinking Tuesday, I should probably be free on Tuesday. :sealed:

On 6/30/2018 at 8:55 PM, The Recherche said:

I'll just give you a quick summary;

At the beginning of the day, I couldn't log into my account for some reason... and it was looking like I would have to wait a few days before I could get it back. This was especially bad considering that it was my birthday. :adorkable: Either way, that afternoon, the problem ends up getting resolved, and I'm able to log in again... let me tell you something; the day was only uphill form there~! :D Not only did this lovely dude start a fan club for me, but my Staff position was announced~! Not to mention, the WPCC became pretty busy due to these things... and let me tell you something; those things made what could have been the worst day on the forums into the best~!

That day was a heck of a ride, you had me worried! It all came to a really happy ending though, I'm sure we both know words can't express how happy we were by the end of that day~! :yay: 

This lovely dude, eh? I'm very flattered! :squee: But I'm nowhere as lovely as you are, your 𝓯𝓪𝓫𝓾𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼 majesty~! :proud: 

5 hours ago, woodchunks66 said:

Oh also @Wannabrony

you have the same birthday as my younger brother so happy birthday from my brother and me!:fluttershy:

I do? That's pretty cool! :laugh: And thank you for the birthday wishes, but it isn't my birthday just yet! Almost 4 months more to go! :o 

2 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Tis truth.  But we mustn't let @Wannabrony know that. :lie:

Why not, it's just princess business... :( 

1 minute ago, The Recherche said:

I see you down there, my dude~! :mlp_icwudt:

Yeah, I know you see me. I'm just responding to a bunch of posts here! :mlp_smug: 

And how do you change the mentions to something other than the actual name? Is it a staff-exclusive thing? :wacko: 

2 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

He is just lurking :rarity:

Well, I'm quietly lurking in the mist, but I'm also typing up some replies! ;) 

• Brohoof 4

If I may offer a suggestion, then I would recommend avoiding naps if you can; those can recharge you when you don't truly need it yet. :grin: Also, in the future, you should do what you can to exercise; that will burn some energy that you might have built up. These are just suggestions, though; take them for what you will.

This.

Exercise is a great treatment for Insomnia, or sleep deprivation in general. I really struggled with Insomnia a while ago, taking up regular exercise worked wonders!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Wannabrony said:

So. Many. Notifications. :scoots: This is way too many for this one pone to handle on his own. Usually, I'm the one flooding notifications and I can't even do that due to how inactive I have been lately. :pout: Now how have all of you been doing today? :) 

You call that busy? :D You must be new. :P 

image.png.6afef10a34070accb7016ed57f3e51a9.png

oh

my

god

1519102239715.thumb.png.17619c697654b7e77ec94fa00e894942.png

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Cash In said:

I haven't really had a gander at my sleep hygiene or done many sleep rituals. 

Do you have any ideas? 

Sleep Hygiene tips can be found here: https://www.sleepassociation.org/about-sleep/sleep-hygiene-tips/

As for rituals I always have tea and listen to classical music before bed. Then meditation to relax after that its off to bed. Nothing with a screen is allowed in the bedroom other then the alarm clock. 

• Brohoof 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wannabrony said:

I do? That's pretty cool! :laugh: And thank you for the birthday wishes, but it isn't my birthday just yet! Almost 4 months more to go! :o

Wahhh? But... I saw... in the boop a snoot thread...:sealed:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I've made it over 24 hours without sleep a few times but after that I usually just go to bed because I would be so deathly tired that nothing that I thought even mattered to me anymore. :please:

If I skipped sleep, I had to bear another day at work before being able to go to sleep, so it always ended in around 35 hours without sleep. And yes- you stop caring about anything, just having one thought "sleep". :twi:

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

Yeah, I know you see me. I'm just responding to a bunch of posts here! :mlp_smug: 

And how do you change the mentions to something other than the actual name? Is it a staff-exclusive thing? :wacko: 

No, it's just a trick I found... the fun is in finding out how to do it~! :D

2 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

That day was a heck of a ride, you had me worried! It all came to a really happy ending though, I'm sure we both know words can't express how happy we were by the end of that day~! :yay: 

This lovely dude, eh? I'm very flattered! :squee: But I'm nowhere as lovely as you are, your 𝓯𝓪𝓫𝓾𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼 majesty~! :proud: 

Hey, no need for flattery; you've been a very good friend to me as well~! :squee:

2 hours ago, SnekEater said:

This.

Exercise is a great treatment for Insomnia, or sleep deprivation in general. I really struggled with Insomnia a while ago, taking up regular exercise worked wonders!

Yeah, like I said; it burns built up energy in your system, so it work probably work really well for that~! :grin:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 11:44 AM, The Recherche said:

Oh don't worry, I never take naps. Exercise is something that I should probably work on though. 

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

Oh don't worry, I never take naps. 

Exercise is something that I should probably work on though. 

Yeah, you should definitely give it a shot when your recovery is over; it will do more than just improve your sleep~! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Rikifive said:

If I skipped sleep, I had to bear another day at work before being able to go to sleep, so it always ended in around 35 hours without sleep. And yes- you stop caring about anything, just having one thought "sleep". :twi:

Been there and have done that. Sometimes I would be so lost in my own mind that I would just not be able to do anything. :sealed:

Now what I wonder, how does @The Recherche get any sleep when he replies to everyone and everything. That man has some major dedication. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Now what I wonder, how does @The Recherche get any sleep when he replies to everyone and everything. That man has some major dedication. :fluttershy:

Sleep is for wussies. :D

Jokes aside, I just have a quick computer + pretty quick typing speed and reflexes. The two go together in perfect harmony~!

• Brohoof 5

Sleep is for wussies. :D

Jokes aside, I just have a quick computer + pretty quick typing speed and reflexes. The two go together in perfect harmony~!

That is true, but you also do it for hours on end. It's pretty amazing to watch. :squee:

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

That is true, but you also do it for hours on end. It's pretty amazing to watch. :squee:

Hey, like I said; I don't have a whole lot else going on right now, so this is probably the best way for me to preoccupy myself. :grin:

• Brohoof 4