Hi I am new here

SDP40F amtrak

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

Google from anti bronies

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I like it back in 2012 I left the fandom in 2015 but return to 2017

Hi I made me new here I just love trains and ponies and cod bo 1 2 3 you all be wonder why I searched up anti bronies I thought they have something like this and answer me 😐

• Brohoof 4

Hello there!

19 minutes ago, Fat queen twilight said:

I need some how to upload my photo

To change your profile photo, go to your profile:

Spoiler

Kk3jfYI.png

~click the button on your profile photo:

Spoiler

ic5oyzk.png

and then follow further instructions. :) 

Welcome to the herd! :) 

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Rikifive said:

Hello there!

Hide contents

Kk3jfYI.png

Hide contents

ic5oyzk.png

I did but it say low memory

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Fat queen twilight said:

I did but it say low memory

Yeah, the maximum file size is 0.15MB.

You can try scaling down your image a little bit if it's really big. The display size is 120x120 pixels, so preferably it can be that size or bigger. You can scale images down even in Paint. ;) 

I don't remember, but I think importing via URL bypasses that limit, so you could try to upload your image to image-hosting sites, such as imgur, then paste image direct link into the photo settings.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah but I have phone 🤐

11 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Hello there!

Hide contents

Kk3jfYI.png

Hide contents

ic5oyzk.png

10 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Bullet trains? How about the Acela? I rode the Riverline today.

7 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Welcome to the forums, @Fat queen twilight, I hope you enjoy your stay here!

How are you?

Good

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

@Rikifive I think your picture has to be a .jpg file. I remember I had to convert my picture from a .png to a .jpg. Is that possibly the problem he’s having?:ooh: You probably know more about this than me...:rarity:

I doesn't have to be .jpg. ;) Personally most of the time I use .png files, some members even use animated profile pictures (.gif) and as the settings suggest, it can be .gif, .jpeg, .jpe, .jpg and .png.

The reason why you might had to convert it to .jpg was the file size. .jpg images have much lower quality, thus lower filesize. If the .png image is too heavy, you can either scale it down or convert to .jpg (or a combo of both). Both ways will sacrifice some quality, but considering, that the profile pictures are relatively small, I think it's better to keep it in .png format and scale it down. The display size of the avatars is 120x120, so as long as you'll not go lower than that, the quality loss shouldn't be really noticeable, compared to .jpgs, where it would have lower quality and be scaled down anyway to be displayed in that square. :derp: 

11 hours ago, Fat queen twilight said:

Yeah but I have phone 🤐

Oh, then it may require a slightly different approach, dependable on the model. :P I'm a desktop user, so mobile version is where my knowledge is limited. @Jeric is the pony oriented well in that environment. :catface: 
Either way, I see you got it already. :) 

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

I doesn't have to be .jpg. ;) Personally most of the time I use .png files, some members even use animated profile pictures (.gif) and as the settings suggest, it can be .gif, .jpeg, .jpe, .jpg and .png.

The reason why you might had to convert it to .jpg was the file size. .jpg images have much lower quality, thus lower filesize. If the .png image is too heavy, you can either scale it down or convert to .jpg (or a combo of both). Both ways will sacrifice some quality, but considering, that the profile pictures are relatively small, I think it's better to keep it in .png format and scale it down. The display size of the avatars is 120x120, so as long as you'll not go lower than that, the quality loss shouldn't be really noticeable, compared to .jpgs, where it would have lower quality and be scaled down anyway to be displayed in that square. :derp: 

Oh, then it may require a slightly different approach, dependable on the model. :P I'm a desktop user, so mobile version is where my knowledge is limited. @Jeric is the pony oriented well in that environment. :catface: 
Either way, I see you got it already. :) 

Yeah I use URL