Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Plenty of Dragon lore this season

Karnak

Season 8 looks like it will have a lot of episodes with dragon lore in it. Not only due to Smolder the dragon, but..

Spoiler

"Molt Down"

Spike gets his wings, and Smolder explains molting as well as the unnatural growth of "greed induced bigness" and even a bit on dragon family traditions. 

"Sounds of Silence"

The Kirin are introduced, fun fact, Kirin are dragon horses in Chinese mythology, plus according to the map Kirin Grove is in the Dragonlands.

"Father Knows Beast "

A new adult dragon character is introduced. Claiming to be Spike's daddy. 

Plus we have Ember in Episode 1 of season 8.

Edited by Karnak
  • Brohoof 3

God, the world-building is strong here, and I'm loving it. Considering the Spike has had a strong run of episodes since season 6 he should have plenty of promise going into season 8.

• Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, Karnak said:

Season 8 looks like it will have a lot of episodes with dragon lore in it. Not only due to Smolder the dragon, but..

Hide contents

"Molt Down"

Spike gets with wings, and Smolder explains molting as well as the unnatural growth of "greed induced bigness" and even a bit on dragon family trasitions 

"Sounds of Silence"

The Kirin are introduced, fun fact, Kirin are dragon horses in Chinese mythology, plus according to the map Kirin Grove is in the Dragonlands.

"Father Knows Beast "

I watched that episode before it was blocked on Youtube :please: It was pretty nice, tho it was kind of obvious

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, She said:

I watched that episode before it was blocked on Youtube :please: It was pretty nice, tho it was kind of obvious

So did I. I'm thinking about comparing the final version to its incomplete leaked version.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Karnak said:

Reveal hidden contents

"Molt Down"

Spike gets with wings, and Smolder explains molting as well as the unnatural growth of "greed induced bigness" and even a bit on dragon family trasitions 

"Sounds of Silence"

"Father Knows Beast "

Wait Kirins are pony/dragon hybrids? That means Spike can get a pony gf if he wants to!

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, We. said:

So did I. I'm thinking about comparing the final version to its incomplete leaked version.

I probably will watch the final version as well, to see the differences.

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

Wait Kirins are pony/dragon hybrids? That means Spike can get a pony gf if he wants to!

Please, let not be a reason for Sparity. :unamused: I like to see new species, as long Sparity stays out of the picture. :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Please, let not be a reason for Sparity. :unamused: I like to see new species, as long Sparity stays out of the picture. :icwudt:

Oh I agree! But I'm all in for Spike getting a pony gf! Dunno who, but I'm with you on the no Sparity thing! Mainly only cause she just uses his crush. I don't like that, and neither does my mom, shockingly!

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Oh I agree! But I'm all in for Spike getting a pony gf! Dunno who, but I'm with you on the no Sparity thing! Mainly only cause she just uses his crush. I don't like that, and neither does my mom, shockingly!

Still think Ember would be a great pick for him. We'll just have to see.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Still think Ember would be a great pick for him. We'll just have to see.

Ember? Hmm he’s pretty young, more than you think. Not sure, honestly, but I do think Ember would be a great choice.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, She said:

Ember? Hmm he’s pretty young, more than you think. Not sure, honestly, but I do think Ember would be a great choice.

Ember isn't so much older I think. I hope Spike gets a growperiod in season 9. :squee:

19 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Ember isn't so much older I think. I hope Spike gets a growperiod in season 9. :squee:

21 minutes ago, She said:

Smolder's about his age! Let's see how they get along!

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Isn't Smolder a boy? :dash:

No she's a girl. Jim confirmed it! ;)

Donkey: "A girl dragon?! I mean of course you're a girl dragon!"

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

No she's a girl. Jim confirmed it! ;)

Donkey: "A girl dragon?! I mean of course you're a girl dragon!"

Really? I'm with donkey. :icwudt:

Edited by Hierok