Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it bother anyone else that no toys exists for a lot of ponies?

ManaMinori

This has been ongoing since gen 1 and only gotten worse as time progresses.....characters that appear in the tv show don't get toys/ collectables. Moondancer, Double Diamond, Night Glider, Party Favor, Sugar Belle, Bright Mac, Pear Butter, Starswirl the Bearded, Somnambula, Stygian, Flash Magnus, Rockhoof, Mage Meadowbrook, Limestone Pie, Marble Pie, Zephyr Breeze, Mr and Mrs Shy, Windy Whistles, Inky Rose, Screwball, Bulk Biceps, Button Mash, Featherweight and more have NEVER had a single toy made of them, to date. And yet, really obscure background fodder ponies like Pretzel, Pursey Pink, Flower Wishes, Lemony Gem, and Buttonbelle continue to get toys made of them.

• Brohoof 1

I don't collect the toys so I don't know for sure. But it would be nice to see more different ponies, like you say, rather than 5 different sizes of the mane six, or stupid Pop bobble heads, and stuff like that.

• Brohoof 1

A little, but there's still a lot of pony merch that I don't have yet, I suppose I'll feel it more when half of my collection is of the same background pony or something, then I'll think "Yeah, they should make some more merch of different ponies" but until then I'm not too bothered by it :please:

On 7/6/2018 at 1:58 AM, Prospekt said:

There are some ponies--even in G4--who have only appeared in toy form.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G4_Toy_Exclusive_Characters

Hide contents

"Fizzypop" is debatable though; seems like an early version of Fizzlepop Berrytwist, better known as Tempest Shadow.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G4_Fizzypop

Like my Minty :(. But yeah, from some years ago, those toy exclusive have been banishing, and then secondary characters, to the point where we are only getting more Mane6, and Spike; with the cuties, Starlight, and the other princesses if we're lucky :dry: . Guess that's the drawback of having a show focused mostly on those :dash: 

On 7/6/2018 at 1:49 AM, Nightmare Muffin said:

This has been ongoing since gen 1 and only gotten worse as time progresses.....characters that appear in the tv show don't get toys/ collectables. Moondancer, Double Diamond, Night Glider, Party Favor, Sugar Belle, Bright Mac, Pear Butter, Starswirl the Bearded, Somnambula, Stygian, Flash Magnus, Rockhoof, Mage Meadowbrook, Limestone Pie, Marble Pie, Zephyr Breeze, Mr and Mrs Shy, Windy Whistles, Inky Rose, Screwball, Bulk Biceps, Button Mash, Featherweight and more have NEVER had a single toy made of them, to date. And yet, really obscure background fodder ponies like Pretzel, Pursey Pink, Flower Wishes, Lemony Gem, and Buttonbelle continue to get toys made of them.

Well, Moondancer had toys before she appeared in the show :dash: . She looks closer to her original G1 incarnation tho :huh: ...... but I got one :squee: 

Moondancer-Ponyfriends-Playskool-1.jpg