Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"Maybe, but how did every military have that? and why did all of them believe them?" Jenna pointed out, taking in the slightly fresher air "The world is full of people pretending to have such abilities, how did one or more people with actual ability convince the militaries that they knew the future for the fact?" "At the same time none the less." she thought for a moment "Borrowing bit of conspiracy terms, I wonder if there's some illuminati type of deal going on, wouldn't be the craziest thing in this." 

• Brohoof 1

"I dunno, this doesn't sound like something you could just make up," Oliver pointed out. "An army of zombie-like things in medieval armour appearing out of a magic portal? That sounds way too out there to be fake."

• Brohoof 1

"It also sounds exactly like a story from a fiction book." Jenna pointed out "Like sure, some individuals may be convinced right away, especially if they are aware of people with powers, which no doubt most governments were, but for everyone everywhere to believe it? there had to be some kind of evidence besides a word of someone, right?" "Until the people in power were the ones that knew, which in turn opens a totally new can of worms." 

• Brohoof 1

"I didn't see any of them, and I spent lot of time in places in the web where things like that would appear." Jenna pointed out "But it is true that there probably was so evidence first, for example, the Geiger counter looking thing, whatever it is that it is used to look for, it had to exist before, for someone to be able make a machine for spotting it, right?" as they walked further away from the school and the portal, things around them got more...consistent, sure there was still older things along newer things in ways that were bit off, but now singular things were no longer made from differently aged pieces. "It's mainly the scale I don't understand, how so many people from different believes could believe this one thing seemingly without question. "

• Brohoof 1

Oliver followed Jenna away from the school, looking at how different things were getting. And yet, also the same. It was so strange.

"Yeah, that is weird," he agreed. "It's like they knew it existed the whole time or something."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, and if that is the case, it rises its own questions beyond how." Jenna stated "Like for example, if they have known for a while, why act only now? everyone started preparing only few days before." "It's almost a paradox, regardless of assumed answer, it always leaves something open, if everyone learned about it just before it happened, how did that happen, and why nobody questioned it, and if they did know about it, why act so late." she rubbed her forehead in frustration "I don't want to sound like crazy conspiracy theorist, but there has to be some kind of conspiracy going on, because however you twist it, there's always something that doesn't match." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, none of it makes any sense," Oliver agreed, sighing. "It's like they wanted to keep it a secret or something. Maybe they wanted to use it somehow? Those things did look pretty strong, maybe they wanted them?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shrugged "One can't really start guessing all the possible motives, it would be easier if it was just one nation or group, but it was every nation, everyone." "Then you can ask if that whole thing is somehow connected to the letter we got, or if that's its own entity, making things even more complicated." she took a deep breath "We probably should try to focus on one thing at a time , and try to first figure out what this place is in the first place." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, you're right," Oliver sighed, "thinking about all that is making my head hurt."

He looked around as he walked behind Jenna. "It must be some kind of different universe, like on TV or something."

• Brohoof 1

"That much is clear, though I don't even want to try to guess what set of rules it follows, is it universe, dimension, timeline, is it just this one or is there infinite amount of this event happening with the tiniest of changes?" "Now that I made the mistake of thinking about it, what if this isn't one different whatever, but several combined somehow? It would give some sort of explanation to the nonsensical mishmash of time that seems to take place here, which now that I mention that, it seems it isn't as bad now that we are further away from the portal, though it's still there." when she said the last part, she glanced at a shop window, there was '50th year celebration' painted on it, not weird by itself, but under the shop's name it said 'Since 1889' and while she didn't know what year it was in this place, she was pretty sure it wasn't anywhere near 1939, she was also pretty certain the building the shop was in was build in 2000s.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver tried not to think about it too much, already feeling a headache from trying to have it all make sense.

He noticed the shop as well and tilted his head. "It's like time is all mixed up here or something."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Exactly, and while single things like older model lockers can be explained, there is no logical way for all of this to happen in the same place." Jenna agreed "Or at least I can't come up with any kind of natural chain of events that would lead to everything being so...random." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, being just as confused as Jenna was. "It's like they took different pieces from different times or different worlds and put them all together here. If they can make portals, maybe that's what they were doing?"

• Brohoof 1

"What would be the use of that? if it is on purpose that is, it could be just a side effect of the portals, things were more...unstable, near the portal after all." Jenna wondered, but she then shuddered as a thought came to her "And how many people have...whatever happens to the victims?" "And are we the first ones exploring here or has there been countless of us before us?" she shuddered again, the thought about finding herself dead from earlier came to mind again, maybe it wasn't as unlikely as she thought?

• Brohoof 1

Oliver swallowed, not liking the thought either. "I dunno, anything could be happening here. But we can't be the first ones here, if all this stuff is around. Some of it looks new, so someone must've put it there, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"It depends really, there obviously has been at least one group of people, the original inhabitants of...whatever this originally was" Jenna said thoughtfully "But all the other stuff, if we are to go with the theory that the portals somehow cause the weird time effect, there hasn't necessarily been any humans since." "But I doubt we are the first, since it's human nature to send someone, if not for anything else than to see what happens." "But we could easily be the first ones here specifically, since if this has happened before elsewhere, the portals haven't necessarily been in the same places as they are for us." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned and looked around as he followed Jenna. "All this is so weird. I wish I at least knew what was going on."

He swallowed. "I hope we can find a way back home too. I don't wanna be stuck here."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna looked up at the dark beam they were following "The portal is still open." they had reached Jenna's neighborhood, it was familiar yet so unfamiliar, even besides the weirdness, Jenna had never seen it so dark, there was usually at least street lights on, but here it was just the same even darkness that covered everything. "I'm not certain anymore if I want to truly know what is going on, all the potential answers are so...terrifying." 

• Brohoof 1

"Me neither," Oliver muttered, swallowing. He didn't like how desolate the neighbourhood looked, or how stale everything smelled. "This isn't right. It doesn't feel right."

He kept closer to Jenna, finding a little comfort.

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, never imagined I'd miss the shady people around my neighborhood but here we are." noticing Oliver coming closer, she also got closer, and put her hand around his waist, it was comforting to walk side to side, she had been too busy thinking about everything else that she had accidentally grown their distance as they had walked "It's like...the opposite of déjà-vu, this is my neighborhood, but it's also so...strange." each step they took closer to where her apartment was located, more uncomfortable she felt, Oliver was right, it didn't feel right, in fact, she could physically feel this wasn't right, it was almost like the feeling she got from interacting with things using her powers here, but stronger, and more importantly, without her using her powers.

Maybe tiredness was just starting to get to her? if her clock was to be believed, they had been in here for many hours now, it was nearing late evening based on its time, and they had been in a stressful situation in a total darkness the whole time, it was quite tiring experience.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blushed as Jenna brought him closer to her. He certainly felt better with her next to him.

He was starting to feel tired as well. "Maybe if we can find a way back, we can rest up and come back tomorrow?"

• Brohoof 1

"We don't know if the area around the portal is safe, besides, we won't make any progress if we start going back and forth." Jenna pointed out "As unpleasant as this place is, we brought the sleeping bags, food, and water for a reason." "Let's set up camp in my apartment if it's in good enough condition for that, if not...well, I don't think there is anyone who'd mind if we break in somewhere for shelter." speaking of the portal, while she meant with being safe that they didn't know if the attackers were hanging around the portal in their world, another thought came to her, if the weird time effect was worse close to the portal, would it be healthy to spend time close to it anyway? she rather not think about it, but it was probably safer to sleep here, further away from the portal. 

• Brohoof 1

"I just don't know if this place is safe to sleep in," Oliver said, still looking around. "What if something happens here at night? Or something finds us?"

He certainly wouldn't mind being as close to the portal as possible.

• Brohoof 1

"What if those happen in our world?" Jenna argued "As far as we know, this has spread and our homes are not any more safe than this place." she pointed out "I'm also not sure if there really is night here, it's dark 24/7, and none of the local clocks work." "It is true something could happen, but think about it, we know that there's weird undead things roaming our world, but we have not seen a single thing, dead or alive in this place besides mold, so statistically we are actually safer here." her voice made it clear that she wasn't fully certain about what she said, but she did believe it, they were in a lose lose situation.  

• Brohoof 1