Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

]He thought he felt a hoof touch him, but he quickly smacked it away. "NO! DON'T TOUCH ME!" He looked back up to Jade and had a look of worry and regret. "I-I'm sorry, b-b-but I can't. I-I'm not leaving this ring u-unless I'm knocked out." He leaned forward to the ground. One hoof still outstretched before him, while the other grabbed onto his side. "I-I'm not going to allow these guys to get the best of us." He gritted his teeth, but tried to continue. "I-If I leave the ring now, then I'm out for the whole second round. I know you're strong Jade, but there's no way that you can take all of them on by yourself. Even if Jade goes in to battle, there's no way that we can win two to four." He felt tears were welling up in his eyes as he desperately looked up to his captain's gaze. "P-Please. I know...I might be selfish, but please..." He pursed his lips as he tried to fight the pain flowing throughout his body. "I want to help as much as I can. Even if I-I'm in pain. E-Even if I'm going through all of this. I-I want to win and be there for this team. D-Draco and Snow will be back and they can pull their weight afterwards. Right now, we need a-all the time we need to win. P-Please, Jade. I-If you see that I can't move or fight, then get me out of the ring." He gave her a determined look, despite closing one of his eyes, due to the pain of the toxin.

Jade narrowed her eyes down at Dynamo. "You already can't move or fight. I'm not letting you suffer over this, especially by poison."

1 hour ago, reader8363 said:

Rose sighed as she walked up to get Jade and said with a shake of her head, "There's no way to convince him. Let's get off for the next fight to start." She glared at Patchwork about the cowardly thing he did

She looked at Rose, then back at Dynamo. With a sigh, she looked into his eyes. "Don't die."

She glared at Patchwork before turning to walk back to her bench. She really hoped she got to fight him.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade narrowed her eyes down at Dynamo. "You already can't move or fight. I'm not letting you suffer over this, especially by poison."

Dynamo shivered slightly as the toxin was making him feel hot and then cold. He couldn't tell what was going on anymore, but he knew he just had to continue. "I-I really do appreciate the c-concern, you two. However, I w-want to continue the fight. They won't allow us to switch whenever we want and show up later. We knew something like this would happen since e-everyone is out to get us." He struggled to stand as he didn't want to be called on a loss for staying on the ground. "I just need to get one more win and w-we should be fine. We k-know about the others, s-so I'll have to think of something."

1 hour ago, reader8363 said:

Rose sighed as she walked up to get Jade and said with a shake of her head, "There's no way to convince him. Let's get off for the next fight to start." She glared at Patchwork about the cowardly thing he did

12 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

She looked at Rose, then back at Dynamo. With a sigh, she looked into his eyes. "Don't die."

She glared at Patchwork before turning to walk back to her bench. She really hoped she got to fight him.

Despite being in pain, Dynamo frowned and gave his two teammates an apologetic look. "I-I promise I'm not trying to be selfish or stubborn. I-I just want to make sure we have a chance to move on. I d-don't know if it's my fighting s-spirit, but I just know that I can't g-give up." As he heard Jade's remark, he struggled to nod as the two made their way back to their bench. "I-I have no intention of t-that happening. Y-You have my word." He slowly turned back to the center of the arena and glared at Patchwork. He would pay and regret for he did to him. He glanced over to Topaz and growled. "Well!? What are you waiting for!? Let's get the next fight started already!" He shouted, before wincing from the pain once again. He knew he wanted to finish the next fight as soon as he could. He knew he wouldn't last very long from the pain. His horn glowed as he tried to use a healing spell on himself. The spell didn't last long as a sharp pain erupted all over his body. 'It's no good. I won't be able to heal myself in the state I'm in. I just have to hold on as long as I can.' He looked to the other team to see who would be next to fight. 'If I can get through this, then I can use my trump card.'

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @reader8363

Tricis sat Rose down in a recovery position and waited for Jade to return to her side. "He isn't an idiot with a deathwish." She explained, seeing Jade was clearly torn about letting Dynamo continue to fight. "He's an idiot with principals, and he's right. If you replace him now, we will lose this fight and all of you will be killed. I expected them to try cheating like this. I just didn't expect the execution to be so obvious."

@Dynamo Pad

Patchwork waited for the red smoke to dissipate, then he stepped forward. The chains on his neck fell off and he jumped onto the ring with surprising agility. The extensive facial piercings on his neck made one wonder how someone who looked like that was recently a respected MD.

He squared off against Dynamo and looked down at the Chemist's unmoving body on the floor. "He was more of a saboteur than a fighter. Didn't you notice?" He asked, casually kicking the pegasus so his body fell off the ring. "And he did his job very well. Anesthetics applied. You're ready for your surgery."

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Patchwork waited for the red smoke to dissipate, then he stepped forward. The chains on his neck fell off and he jumped onto the ring with surprising agility. The extensive facial piercings on his neck made one wonder how someone who looked like that was recently a respected MD.

He squared off against Dynamo and looked down at the Chemist's unmoving body on the floor. "He was more of a saboteur than a fighter. Didn't you notice?" He asked, casually kicking the pegasus so his body fell off the ring. "And he did his job very well. Anesthetics applied. You're ready for your surgery."

@Unicorncob @reader8363

Dynamo could hear the sound of chains falling as Patchwork entered the ring. He felt a shiver run down his spine as he saw his next opponent. 'If it's not one thing, then it's another. I'm out of the frying pan and into the fire.' He took a hesitant step back as he could see the doctor's agility was top notch. 'I would have been fine with any other opponent. Yet I have to fight the one I didn't want to go up against. Hearing about his patients being all unicorns is just plain bad news.' He took a few shaky breaths as he tried to keep from twitching, due to the pain of the toxin.

He watched as Patchwork kicked the Chemist's body out of the ring. He wanted to say something, but chose not to. They were criminals, so they only cared about their freedom, rather than their teammates. "With all of the toxins he was t-trying to throw at me. I-I don't know if s-someone would notice right away." He bit his bottom lip as he should have noticed it sooner. At the mention of surgery, the blue unicorn grimaced at the doctor's choice of words. "T-Thanks, but no thanks. I-I'd rather get a check up and help f-from Nurse R-Redheart, if you don't mind." He says, while trying to get into a fighting pose as best as he could. 'This guys is strong with magic and a powerful doctor. I have to be careful. I'll be a really big disadvantage in this fight. It's difficult to move and he's agile.' His vision was starting to clear, but he still felt somewhat dizzy. 'That chimera venom is just about gone, but this new toxin is taking it's toll. I have to look for an opening and capitalize on that. Otherwise, I'll lose this match and we'll be out of luck.' He knew that Jade and Rose could take on the other members of the team, but not if he couldn't take Patchwork down. He knew this match was a crucial one and he would have to win, no matter what.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/20/2018 at 12:28 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Cosmic looked around and wondered if Snow had left the area. He decided against the idea as he knew what Snow was capable of. "Now then. If I was a little coward, then where would I be?" He was caught off guard as he was slammed from behind by Snow, who had leaped out of another tree. As the two rolled into some bushes, Cosmic felt a hoof upon his mouth and neck. He groaned from the sudden impact, but opened his eyes to gather his bearings. He noticed that Snow had sat on top of him and looked ready to hit him if he wanted to use a spell. Frozen watched from up above as Cosmic was taken down. He wanted to go down and help, but smiled and shrugged his shoulder. "That fool thinks he can get the best of him." He chuckled, before sighing. 'Oh, trust me. That fool doesn't realize what he's gotten himself into with Cosmic. He'll be sorry.' 

As Snow spoke quietly on the rules of hunting, Cosmic shook with laughter as he he tried to respond. However, it seemed futile as Snow kept a hoof over his mouth. Without warning, he suddenly disappeared and reappeared a few feet away from Snow. "That was some expert maneuvering. I also like those rules of yours. Do you mind if I add a rule? Let's go with rule number 2." He smiled, before the look in his eye turned serious. He had a smug grin as his eyes seemed lifeless. "Never underestimate your opponent. Especially when it comes to me, you failure." He says, before continuing. "Let me introduce myself. I go by the code name Joker, but you can call me Cosmic Clown. You're in way over your head Snow Frostflame." He started to trail around Snow in a circle as he contemplated on what to do. "You have something that I want and you seem to be a very compromising individual. So, let's stop beating around the bush." He stopped as he made a full circle around Snow. "Where is Kyubiki Tenchu!?"

Frostflame ignored Cosmic's question, and simply stood up and faced him. "You're right, I underestimated you... you aren't the average run of the mill mercenary I'll give you that. Which is good, I was hoping you would fight back, but you stand before Snow Frostflame." He pulls out his sword and takes a defensive stance. "Now then, I'll give you and your friends a chance to pack your bags and leave... and let me deal with that Draco O'mally myself, or I'm taking you all down." Frostflame knew what his answer would be so he kept a sharp eye on Cosmic, waiting for his opening.

14 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Frostflame ignored Cosmic's question, and simply stood up and faced him. "You're right, I underestimated you... you aren't the average run of the mill mercenary I'll give you that. Which is good, I was hoping you would fight back, but you stand before Snow Frostflame." He pulls out his sword and takes a defensive stance. "Now then, I'll give you and your friends a chance to pack your bags and leave... and let me deal with that Draco O'mally myself, or I'm taking you all down." Frostflame knew what his answer would be so he kept a sharp eye on Cosmic, waiting for his opening.

Cosmic growled as his question was ignored. "Now, that's just plain rude. I won't get out of your way until you tell me what I want to know." He grit his teeth as he shook with anger. "TELL ME WHERE KYUBIKI IS NOW!"  Frozen had to cover his ears as the ear piece was still on. "Do you have to be so noisy?" He flew down a few inches, so they could both hear the ebony Pegasus. "You'll have to excuse my teammate. He can get rather...agitated when he doesn't get what he wants. How about we work together on this? Since we are going by names, then I should introduce myself. My name is Frozen Abyss, but my code name is Brain." Frozen pushed up his glasses with his hoof, before continuing. "Where is Dynamo Pad? We heard that he was a part of Team Lotus. The same team that you and Draco are on. If you tell us what we want to know, then maybe we can help take Draco down with you." He says, while smirking at the double meaning of his words.

Cosmic chuckled with a wide grin. "We don't want to deal with small fry, like you and Draco. Frozen and I are only after Dynamo. He took the life of our teammate and we want revenge." He stomped the ground with his hoof and snarled in disgust. "Our boss, who backs up our gaming clan, had told us what had happened. We didn't expect Big Shot would lose his own son. We were shocked over losing Cheap Shot, but what bothered us more was who had taken him out. What bothered us is the fact that it was our old punching bag, Kyubiki Tenchu! We heard he was going to be at this tournament, so we wanted to take him out!" He took a deep breath, before sighing and giving Snow a smirk. "I'm glad I was able to underestimate you. I'm a stargazer, but Kyubiki took my destiny away! I want to be a gamer, so basically it's this. We take Kyubiki down, then if our team wins the tournament. Big Shot allowed Frozen and I to get our wish. So, if you scratch our back, then we scratch your back. That sounds fair, right?" He held a hoof in the air as if to offer a deal with Snow.

10 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Cosmic growled as his question was ignored. "Now, that's just plain rude. I won't get out of your way until you tell me what I want to know." He grit his teeth as he shook with anger. "TELL ME WHERE KYUBIKI IS NOW!"  Frozen had to cover his ears as the ear piece was still on. "Do you have to be so noisy?" He flew down a few inches, so they could both hear the ebony Pegasus. "You'll have to excuse my teammate. He can get rather...agitated when he doesn't get what he wants. How about we work together on this? Since we are going by names, then I should introduce myself. My name is Frozen Abyss, but my code name is Brain." Frozen pushed up his glasses with his hoof, before continuing. "Where is Dynamo Pad? We heard that he was a part of Team Lotus. The same team that you and Draco are on. If you tell us what we want to know, then maybe we can help take Draco down with you." He says, while smirking at the double meaning of his words.

Cosmic chuckled with a wide grin. "We don't want to deal with small fry, like you and Draco. Frozen and I are only after Dynamo. He took the life of our teammate and we want revenge." He stomped the ground with his hoof and snarled in disgust. "Our boss, who backs up our gaming clan, had told us what had happened. We didn't expect Big Shot would lose his own son. We were shocked over losing Cheap Shot, but what bothered us more was who had taken him out. What bothered us is the fact that it was our old punching bag, Kyubiki Tenchu! We heard he was going to be at this tournament, so we wanted to take him out!" He took a deep breath, before sighing and giving Snow a smirk. "I'm glad I was able to underestimate you. I'm a stargazer, but Kyubiki took my destiny away! I want to be a gamer, so basically it's this. We take Kyubiki down, then if our team wins the tournament. Big Shot allowed Frozen and I to get our wish. So, if you scratch our back, then we scratch your back. That sounds fair, right?" He held a hoof in the air as if to offer a deal with Snow.

Frostflame turned his sword over, and pierced the ground, a sign of truce. He walked over to the two "Now this is what I like, a group of ponies who can act civilized, not all conflict needs to be decided by the blade." Frostflame pondered over what they said. "So you want me to assist in the death of one of my allies, then you expect me to trust you guys, and forfeit the tournament." Frostflame paces back and forth "Now I'll be honest, I couldn't care less about the prize, or wish, or even my allies. You may not know, but I'am being forced to fight, I was imprisoned by the owners and the deal was I get to go free if I win." Frostflame approaches even closer and stops "So I'm gonna need more than just your word, that you won't betray me and leave me here, or try to have me killed." Frostflame steps back "Not to mention your team isn't guaranteed to win, so we're putting a lot of this deal on chance."

1 minute ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Frostflame turned his sword over, and pierced the ground, a sign of truce. He walked over to the two "Now this is what I like, a group of ponies who can act civilized, not all conflict needs to be decided by the blade." Frostflame pondered over what they said. "So you want me to assist in the death of one of my allies, then you expect me to trust you guys, and forfeit the tournament." Frostflame paces back and forth "Now I'll be honest, I couldn't care less about the prize, or wish, or even my allies. You may not know, but I'am being forced to fight, I was imprisoned by the owners and the deal was I get to go free if I win." Frostflame approaches even closer and stops "So I'm gonna need more than just your word, that you won't betray me and leave me here, or try to have me killed." Frostflame steps back "Not to mention your team isn't guaranteed to win, so we're putting a lot of this deal on chance."

Cosmic smiled as he saw Snow had pierced the ground with his blade. "I knew you would see things our way. Also, going by what you said. That's pretty much the gist of what we are after." Frozen, however, floated down to the ground. Staying a ways away from both Cosmic and Snow. "While it's good that you aren't going to attack us. What makes you think we can take your word after you tried to attack us? Granted, we were going to attack you, but still." He raised an eyebrow as he wanted to hear his reasoning. "Oh, trust us. We know there is to know about you, Snow." Cosmic says, before continuing. "You see, Big Shot gave us all the background checks on you and the others. All except for Dynamo. I mean, why get info on what we know, anyway? He's weak and doesn't deserve the destiny he was given." He would never forget how he didn't get the gaming cutie mark he sought after. Frozen nods at Snow's reasoning of being here and steps forward a few steps. "I understand. If we work together, then we all win." Cosmic jumped for joy as he chuckled. "Since you won't need a wish, we'll make sure you can walk away for free. I'll get my wish to get the cutie mark that I want, as well as being able to go to the gaming world. Then I can rule with an iron fist!"

Frozen rolled his eyes and shook his head. "That's always been a dream of his. Now, that dream can become a reality. For me, I'll see if we can get our teammate back. If not, then I'll wish to have no equal in strategies." Frozen shrugged as it didn't matter to him at all. Cosmic was surprised at Snow mentioning that their team wouldn't win. "What makes you think that our team will lose? You have Dynamo Pad, who is probably the weakest of your team. He was the weakest when it comes to magic in our younger years, but that's a whole other story. He's nothing more than a punching bag, if you ask me. Always caring about friendship and love. Those kinds of things are beneath me. Friendship, bonds and love are a sin itself beyond recognition." Snow thought that statement was odd, as well. "We saw what had happened on the TV yesterday. It looked like he improved, but he's still no match for Cosmic or myself." Cosmic began walking away and prompted Snow to follow him. "Oh, whatever. We do what we can to win and then we get our prize. So, let's get going." He began to walk away, but stopped as he thought he heard something from behind him. "Get down!" He turned suddenly and fired a laser in the distance. Frozen ducked as the beam flew over him. He stood back up and glared at Cosmic. "How about a little more of a warning next time? You could have sent me to the moon if you're not careful." Cosmic huffed and continued on his way. "I saved you, didn't I? It could've been worse." As Cosmic walked away with Snow, Frozen looked back to see what Cosmic had done. Seeing Cosmic's spell had worked, he had a ghostly smirk on his face as he crossed a hoof behind him. 'That fool was played like a fiddle.' He slowly walked away and awaited for the fun to continue. 

14 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis sat Rose down in a recovery position and waited for Jade to return to her side. "He isn't an idiot with a deathwish." She explained, seeing Jade was clearly torn about letting Dynamo continue to fight. "He's an idiot with principals, and he's right. If you replace him now, we will lose this fight and all of you will be killed. I expected them to try cheating like this. I just didn't expect the execution to be so obvious."

Jade looked to Tricis and sat down, then her eyes fixed on the combatants. "I won't let him die over this. I won't let any of my teammates die."

She was leaned forward, wings ruffling, like she was about to leap into the fight at any moment.

@Dynamo Pad 

Spoiler

Patchwork grinned at Pad. His body was teaming with a blue aura that brightened around his hooves. "You must not get many chances to shine if you're gonna pass up your one chance to survive, kid." He said, "Want to die with honor? Can you even stand?"

"Better start the countdown now, Topaz! Doesn't look like he can even fight!"

"Finish him off Patchwork! We want to see him die!"

"Take your time with him Patchwork!"

"Now there's the audience enthusiasm I just love to hear. It looks like this is shaping up to be an interesting round!" Topaz announced. "Match two, Dynamo versus Patchwork, begin!"

Patchwork immediately slipped into a combat stance and swiftly dashed to Pad's right side before delivering a kick to the jaw with a powered up hoof. Dynamo just wasn't fast enough to dodge in his state.

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Patchwork grinned at Pad. His body was teaming with a blue aura that brightened around his hooves. "You must not get many chances to shine if you're gonna pass up your one chance to survive, kid." He said, "Want to die with honor? Can you even stand?"

"Better start the countdown now, Topaz! Doesn't look like he can even fight!"

"Finish him off Patchwork! We want to see him die!"

"Take your time with him Patchwork!"

"Now there's the audience enthusiasm I just love to hear. It looks like this is shaping up to be an interesting round!" Topaz announced. "Match two, Dynamo versus Patchwork, begin!"

Patchwork immediately slipped into a combat stance and swiftly dashed to Pad's right side before delivering a kick to the jaw with a powered up hoof. Dynamo just wasn't fast enough to dodge in his state.

Dynamo looked on as Patchwork's body glowed with a blue aura, before the aura brightened around his hooves. 'So, he can do the same kind of ability that Ray can use. There goes any hope of having an advantage.' He scoffed at Patchworks remark, before narrowing his gaze. "W-Why would I even accept your help? I know a-all about you. You just torture your patients, but it's worse for the one's who are unicorns. Who's to say you won't turn you b-back on the offer and do more harm to me?" His legs trembled as he tried his best to stay standing.

He could hear the jeers of the crowd, but tried to drown out their words. 'Just focus on what's in front of you. You need to win this fight, or we're all in trouble.' As the match began, Dynamo saw Patchwork dashed over to him. He tried to put up an arm to guard, but Patchwork punched right through his defense and delivered a hit to his jaw. The gaming unicorn was knocked like a rag doll a few feet away and rolled around in the ring. He stopped as he neared the edge of the ring, while one hoof layed out of the ring. He twitched from the impact as he tried to regain his composure. He winced as he felt his lip was cut. 'What are his hooves made out of? Magic scalpels? Any more of those and he'll slice and dice me.

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo looked on as Patchwork's body glowed with a blue aura, before the aura brightened around his hooves. 'So, he can do the same kind of ability that Ray can use. There goes any hope of having an advantage.' He scoffed at Patchworks remark, before narrowing his gaze. "W-Why would I even accept your help? I know a-all about you. You just torture your patients, but it's worse for the one's who are unicorns. Who's to say you won't turn you b-back on the offer and do more harm to me?" His legs trembled as he tried his best to stay standing.

He could hear the jeers of the crowd, but tried to drown out their words. 'Just focus on what's in front of you. You need to win this fight, or we're all in trouble.' As the match began, Dynamo saw Patchwork dashed over to him. He tried to put up an arm to guard, but Patchwork punched right through his defense and delivered a hit to his jaw. The gaming unicorn was knocked like a rag doll a few feet away and rolled around in the ring. He stopped as he neared the edge of the ring, while one hoof layed out of the ring. He twitched from the impact as he tried to regain his composure. He winced as he felt his lip was cut. 'What are his hooves made out of? Magic scalpels? Any more of those and he'll slice and dice me.

(Changed Patch's text color because I realized it was the same as cumulus')

"I was talking about your teammate, kid. You should have let Jade replace you." Patchwork explained, squaring off against Pad. He was now cornered at the edge of the ring. Patchwork brought up his right front hoof. There was a serrated blade at the end made of energy. "Have you noticed my medical perk? This is my psychic scalpel, and I know exactly where to hit you to cause pain." He took a step toward Pad. "Your horn. It's interesting to me. I think I'll keep it."

Patch lunged at Pad with a strike directed at his head.

"What a joke of a round. I don't understand why Pad insists on fighting when he knows he can't win." Zerra commented.

"Oh trust me, there's a reason alright." Cumulus answered.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"I was talking about your teammate, kid. You should have let Jade replace you." Patchwork explained, squaring off against Pad. He was now cornered at the edge of the ring. Patchwork brought up his right front hoof. There was a serrated blade at the end made of energy. "Have you noticed my medical perk? This is my psychic scalpel, and I know exactly where to hit you to cause pain." He took a step toward Pad. "Your horn. It's interesting to me. I think I'll keep it."

"What a joke of a round. I don't understand why Pad insists on fighting when he knows he can't win." Zerra commented.

Dynamo struggled to get back to his hooves as he saw that he was cornered. "Y-Yeah, you're right." He trembled from the toxin as he agreed with the train of thought. "I-I should have let Jade take over. H-However, I wasn't going to allow h-her to push herself, so t-that she could take the rest of you down. She's strong, b-but she's not invincible. I m-made a promise to beat you and I intend to k-keep it." His horn glowed with magic as he tried to charge up a spell. 'I had a feeling it was a scalpel. That also means he has range in his attacks. He can fight close, fight mid range and long range.' He concluded as Patchwork explained how his powers worked. He realized that this fight was only getting more and more difficult by the second. At the mention of his horn, Dynamo's eyes shrank in fear as he took a step back. He failed to realize that it was impossible as he had nowhere to go. "W-Why would you want my horn? I h-have no intention of giving my magic away." He hoped his spells would be ready, despite being in pain from the recent attack, as well as the poison.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo struggled to get back to his hooves as he saw that he was cornered. "Y-Yeah, you're right." He trembled from the toxin as he agreed with the train of thought. "I-I should have let Jade take over. H-However, I wasn't going to allow h-her to push herself, so t-that she could take the rest of you down. She's strong, b-but she's not invincible. I m-made a promise to beat you and I intend to k-keep it." His horn glowed with magic as he tried to charge up a spell. 'I had a feeling it was a scalpel. That also means he has range in his attacks. He can fight close, fight mid range and long range.' He concluded as Patchwork explained how his powers worked. He realized that this fight was only getting more and more difficult by the second. At the mention of his horn, Dynamo's eyes shrank in fear as he took a step back. He failed to realize that it was impossible as he had nowhere to go. "W-Why would you want my horn? I h-have no intention of giving my magic away." He hoped his spells would be ready, despite being in pain from the recent attack, as well as the poison.

Jade was getting increasingly restless as the round went on. Her front hoof dragged along the ground, like she were preparing to charge the arena and force a tag-in.

On one hoof, she wanted to trust Dynamo and believe he knew what he was doing. On the other hoof, he was going to collapse at any moment if she didn't do something in the next few seconds.

Her breathing got louder. No doubt Tricis would see she was growing more and more tense.

2 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

@Snow Frostflame

Draco sent a wind blade at the invisible slice to cancel them both out. Draco smirked as he bowed. "Arrivederci," Draco stated as he started to ward towards the direction that Frost flame went. "Alright assassins are after me and him and they want to make us useless to our team," Draco stated.

@Snow Frostflame

"Stop him!" The diamond dog ordered to the cloaked ice mage. She was too injured to pursue Draco at the same speed.

The cloaked ice mage made chase after him, using a spell to form thick ice sheets around Draco's wing feathers to either slow him down or make him crash.

3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

He failed to realize that it was impossible as he had nowhere to go. "W-Why would you want my horn? I h-have no intention of giving my magic away." He hoped his spells would be ready, despite being in pain from the recent attack, as well as the poison.

Since Dynamo wasn't trying to counter-attack, so Patch dashed forward and swung upward with his scalpel. If that attack didn't hit, he followed it up with a kick.

3 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Her breathing got louder. No doubt Tricis would see she was growing more and more tense.

Spoiler

Tricis watched Pad struggle in the ring. Even if Patch's attacks didn't connect, the blue unicorn would be in tremendous pain just from trying to fight with the nerve agent in his veins.

"You can't go in there, no matter how much you want to," Tricis explained. "Pad has made his decision and it doesn't matter if you approve. This is his fight now, and it would be wrong for you to take that from him, even if it means he dies. I know your morals are screaming at you to step in. You probably think I'm being heartless right now, but there are things at play here you're too young to understand."

7 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis watched Pad struggle in the ring. Even if Patch's attacks didn't connect, the blue unicorn would be in tremendous pain just from trying to fight with the nerve agent in his veins.

"You can't go in there, no matter how much you want to," Tricis explained. "Pad has made his decision and it doesn't matter if you approve. This is his fight now, and it would be wrong for you to take that from him, even if it means he dies. I know your morals are screaming at you to step in. You probably think I'm being heartless right now, but there are things at play here you're too young to understand."

"So you're just going to let him suffer because 'I don't understand'?" Jade snapped, turning to glare at Tricis. "Look at him! He can barely breathe out there!"

She stamped a hoof. "I don't care what happens to me. As this team's captain, I refuse to let any of my teammates become victims to such torture."

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Unicorncob said:

"So you're just going to let him suffer because 'I don't understand'?" Jade snapped, turning to glare at Tricis. "Look at him! He can barely breathe out there!"

She stamped a hoof. "I don't care what happens to me. As this team's captain, I refuse to let any of my teammates become victims to such torture."

"Yes, that's exactly what I expect! Listen to me, Jade," Tricis instructed in a serious tone. "This isn't pretty and this isn't easy, but you're wrong to try and step in. Don't just look at what you're seeing. Focus on what's actually happening! Dynamo is being tested on more than just his strength. This is about his resolve. This fight is his, because that is what he chose, and you owe it to him not to step in and stop this fight! ... besides, he isn't as helpless as you think."

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Cosmic smiled as he saw Snow had pierced the ground with his blade. "I knew you would see things our way. Also, going by what you said. That's pretty much the gist of what we are after." Frozen, however, floated down to the ground. Staying a ways away from both Cosmic and Snow. "While it's good that you aren't going to attack us. What makes you think we can take your word after you tried to attack us? Granted, we were going to attack you, but still." He raised an eyebrow as he wanted to hear his reasoning. "Oh, trust us. We know there is to know about you, Snow." Cosmic says, before continuing. "You see, Big Shot gave us all the background checks on you and the others. All except for Dynamo. I mean, why get info on what we know, anyway? He's weak and doesn't deserve the destiny he was given." He would never forget how he didn't get the gaming cutie mark he sought after. Frozen nods at Snow's reasoning of being here and steps forward a few steps. "I understand. If we work together, then we all win." Cosmic jumped for joy as he chuckled. "Since you won't need a wish, we'll make sure you can walk away for free. I'll get my wish to get the cutie mark that I want, as well as being able to go to the gaming world. Then I can rule with an iron fist!"

Frozen rolled his eyes and shook his head. "That's always been a dream of his. Now, that dream can become a reality. For me, I'll see if we can get our teammate back. If not, then I'll wish to have no equal in strategies." Frozen shrugged as it didn't matter to him at all. Cosmic was surprised at Snow mentioning that their team wouldn't win. "What makes you think that our team will lose? You have Dynamo Pad, who is probably the weakest of your team. He was the weakest when it comes to magic in our younger years, but that's a whole other story. He's nothing more than a punching bag, if you ask me. Always caring about friendship and love. Those kinds of things are beneath me. Friendship, bonds and love are a sin itself beyond recognition." Snow thought that statement was odd, as well. "We saw what had happened on the TV yesterday. It looked like he improved, but he's still no match for Cosmic or myself." Cosmic began walking away and prompted Snow to follow him. "Oh, whatever. We do what we can to win and then we get our prize. So, let's get going." He began to walk away, but stopped as he thought he heard something from behind him. "Get down!" He turned suddenly and fired a laser in the distance. Frozen ducked as the beam flew over him. He stood back up and glared at Cosmic. "How about a little more of a warning next time? You could have sent me to the moon if you're not careful." Cosmic huffed and continued on his way. "I saved you, didn't I? It could've been worse." As Cosmic walked away with Snow, Frozen looked back to see what Cosmic had done. Seeing Cosmic's spell had worked, he had a ghostly smirk on his face as he crossed a hoof behind him. 'That fool was played like a fiddle.' He slowly walked away and awaited for the fun to continue. 

"So then it seems we're at an impasse, we both need to have complete trust in one another for this to work." He pondered his options, while listening to Cosmic. "So then it seems we all want something out of this, and you can ensure my freedom?" Frostflame walked back to his sword, and put it in its sheath, and with it his hat came back to him. He moved out of the way of Cosmic's attack, unsure of what just happened but he began to follow his new allies. They seemed more capable of fighting than his current allies, Frostflame thought to himself... he turned to Cosmic. "Cosmic, you have a deal... but betray me and I'll make everyone involved regret it." Frostflame stuck out his hoof.

As Patchwork charge to attack with his scalpel, Dynamo unleashed his spell, which was a shield that surrounded him like a dome. He collapsed to the ground and threw his hooves over his face. He knew the shield would hold, but it wouldn't be for long. 'I-I'm afraid. I-I can't win. I can't defeat this guy. I was in over my head on this one.' His vision was starting to fade as he felt like falling asleep. 'M-Maybe I should give up. I tried my best, right? What more can I do?' His eyes slowly closed as he hoped the pain from the nerve agent. "I didn't expect my son to be a quitter." A voice called out.

This caused Dynamo's eyes to quickly open as he looked around the arena. "W-Who's there?" He looked around, while being in the barrier, but there was nobody, but the crowd, Topaz and the other team members.

@Snow Frostflame

At the mention of gaining freedom from helping the two stallions, Frozen nodded wholeheartedly. "If you work with us, then Big Shot will guarantee your freedom. Besides, if we lost any team members, then you can be the alternate." He could see the look in Snow's eyes. "I'm only saying that because this is Big Shot we're dealing with. He always has high hopes in those that we recruit to work together. Sometimes he tries to work out a deal, but we'll make sure to put in a good word with you." The two watched as Snow sheathed his blade. Cosmic noticed the outstretched hoof and took his hoof to show that he was all for the deal. "I can say is welcome to the team, partner. My thoughts exactly on the whole betray thing. If you get in my way, then you'll regret it." He says, before letting go of Snow's hoof and walking back down the path. "So, I guess we should go find Draco. He should be near the path of where you two were fighting, right? Perhaps he'll be going to find you, so he'll be in for a surprise." He chuckled at the thought of Draco's reaction to Snow's betrayal. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Yes, that's exactly what I expect! Listen to me, Jade," Tricis instructed in a serious tone. "This isn't pretty and this isn't easy, but you're wrong to try and step in. Don't just look at what you're seeing. Focus on what's actually happening! Dynamo is being tested on more than just his strength. This is about his resolve. This fight is his, because that is what he chose, and you owe it to him not to step in and stop this fight! ... besides, he isn't as helpless as you think."

Jade snarled with frustration. She hated it, but Tricis was right. This was Dynamo's battle, and she had no place in it. But she hated seeing a friend suffer like this.

She turned back to the ring, then glared over her shoulder at Tricis. "For his and your sake, I hope he isn't."

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As Patchwork charge to attack with his scalpel, Dynamo unleashed his spell, which was a shield that surrounded him like a dome. He collapsed to the ground and threw his hooves over his face. He knew the shield would hold, but it wouldn't be for long. 'I-I'm afraid. I-I can't win. I can't defeat this guy. I was in over my head on this one.' His vision was starting to fade as he felt like falling asleep. 'M-Maybe I should give up. I tried my best, right? What more can I do?' His eyes slowly closed as he hoped the pain from the nerve agent. "I didn't expect my son to be a quitter." A voice called out.

This caused Dynamo's eyes to quickly open as he looked around the arena. "W-Who's there?" He looked around, while being in the barrier, but there was nobody, but the crowd, Topaz and the other team members.

Patch's hoof was stopped by the materializing shield. It sparked against the blade of his psychic scalpel. What's this? He could still cast all this time. A well-kept secret. He placed his other hoof on the shield. It doesn't matter. He'll be going into shock soon, and all I have to do is find his shield's wavelength, then I can break through it.

@Snow Frostflame @Dynamo Pad
Big Shot was watching Pad's fight in his private booth. There was a console in front of him with a few labeled buttons. He pressed one of them that called Frozen's earpiece, though Frostflame would likely not be able to hear what he's saying. "Hey! You better tell me you got rid of those two already! Things aren't going exactly perfect here and I might need you!"

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Patch's hoof was stopped by the materializing shield. It sparked against the blade of his psychic scalpel. What's this? He could still cast all this time. A well-kept secret. He placed his other hoof on the shield. It doesn't matter. He'll be going into shock soon, and all I have to do is find his shield's wavelength, then I can break through it.

"Oh, come on. You don't recognize your old man's voice?" The voice chuckled as Dynamo couldn't believe his eyes. Was materialized before him was none other than his father, Quick Fix. "D-Dad? Is that really you? W-What are you doing here?" Quick smiled softly at his son's confusion. "I'm here to help you and get you back into this fight." The look of shock was replaced by a look of concern. "I'm sorry dad, but I don't think I can keep this going. This is someone that's too powerful for me now. All I'm going to do is be turned into a beat up punching bag." Quick could only sigh and shook his head. "Don't you see? You're telling yourself this because you're afraid to fail. You've always been like that. You don't take a risk, or take on many opponents because you fear failure." Dynamo turned his attention towards the ground. He felt ashamed to act this way in front of his late father. "I'm sorry dad, but I never have the confidence like you did. You raced against some of the best ponies and took home the prize. I just want to be as good as you are." Quick could only chuckle and nod at the remark. "I was able to win those races because I worked hard and I failed. It's okay to fear failure and losing. It isn't okay to fear failure and act tough. Especially if you don't even try at all." The orange Pegasus took a few steps forward and used his hoof to lift Dynamo's chin. Dynamo had no choice, but to look his dad in the eye. "I also acted like a fool in order to let others know that it's okay to go through the difficult times. Sure, times can be scary. However, if you don't give up and work through everything. Then you'll always find the good things in life. It's how I told my friends to laugh in the face of despair."

"I understand what you're saying dad, but I don't know what to do. That nerve agent is affecting me. It hurts to move and fight back." Quick shook his head, while giving Dynamo a reassuring look. "That kind of pain pales in comparison to what you've experienced. I remember every day when you came home from school and you were upset from the constant bullying. You went through a good portion of your life without magic, but you were able to overcome that hurdle. If you can do that, then I know you can do this. You have a strong will, my son." Dynamo had a confused look as the same words were repeated. "I know my coach, Tricis, had explained it to me. However, why me? What is my meaning to have this kind of champion's spirit?" Quick had a thoughtful look upon his face, but could only shrug. "I can't give you the answer because it's better for you to know this on your own. You must remember this. You aren't alone anymore. Starlight was there when I had moved on from this world. Those that are watching and cheering you on right now will always be with you. You can't get everyone's approval. Only those who care about you for who you are will always accept you." There was a slashing noise off in the distance. "It looks it's time to go." Dynamo felt a few tears in his eyes as he heard those words. "D-Do you really have to go? W-Will I ever see you again?" Quick smiled softly, while ruffling Dynamo's mane. "Let's just say that you needed to have this talk. You'll understand someday. Just remember that you have the strength and the resolve to overcome anything. Just plant your hooves, grit your teeth, and give it all that you've got. Now, I don't want to see you again for a long time. I want to hear all the stories you have of your life. I want to hear how my son and his team became the champions. Plus, I want to see you become the gaming champion of Equestria."

With that moment, Quick started to fade away from existence. "Never forget that I will watch over you and I love you, my son. I will always be with you." The tears that Dynamo held back had fallen without warning. He remembered what Tricis had told him earlier that day. 'My champion's spirit and will. I think...I get it now. It's to protect my friends and those who are closest to me. It's to stand up for those, who are unable to defend themselves at the time. It's to become strong and work hard towards my dream. It's to prove that video games are not just a joke, or to be taken lightly. It's because my friends need me. Just as much as I need them in my life now. I have to commit to this all the way, or nothing I do will ever work out. I'm afraid that I'll fail and those that care will one day up and leave me. I can't think like that now. They could have take me out of the ring, but they didn't. They believed in me when many other's didn't. They believe in me all the way, so now's the time that I start pulling my weight. It's time that I show them that they were right about me for the right reasons.'

He had a small smile upon his face as he needed to hear all of that. "Thank you...dad. I promise. I...I'll try." The blue unicorn, slowly opened his eyes as he was still on the ground. He sat up quickly and noticed that the shield was still holding. 'W-What just happened? D-Did I just go into shock and pass out?' Despite the pain, he tried to recall what had just happened. 'Was all that just a dream, or a hallucination? I guess it must have been from the chimera venom.' He didn't have time to think as he knew what needed to be done. He slowly and groggily got to his feet and just stood there. His mane covered his eyes as he frowned at Patchwork. "Reflect." With that word uttered, the shield shattered and shards of glass flew out in every direction. Dynamo morphed into his sphere form as he moved out of the way from Patchwork. The form didn't last long as he transformed back, but he was thankful for getting some distance. "I guess I managed to get my second wind. S-So, what do you say, Patchwork? Round two." He lowered his body and got into a battle stance. He grit his teeth as was still in pain, but he would fight through the pain and beat this guy. There was still fear in his eyes, but there was a look of seriousness, as well. A sense of determination that was going to back him up. There was a sort of glow in his pupil that showed he wasn't ready to give up just yet. 

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Big Shot was watching Pad's fight in his private booth. There was a console in front of him with a few labeled buttons. He pressed one of them that called Frozen's earpiece, though Frostflame would likely not be able to hear what he's saying. "Hey! You better tell me you got rid of those two already! Things aren't going exactly perfect here and I might need you!"

@Snow Frostflame

Frozen could hear his ear piece was picking up static. He stayed a few meters back, but kept walking along like nothing was happening. The voice belonged to Big Shot, who was giving them details on what was going on. "Actually, we have a change in plans. It turns out that their team has a traitor among them. That traitor being Snow Frostflame. So, we'll make sure that we back him up and take down Draco, before taking Snow down. Takes down two birds with one stone." He narrowed his eyes at the mention of being needed at the ring. "What's the matter? Can this team not handle Team Lotus? What's even happening over there?" He wanted to know what was happening that had Big Shot feeling worried.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2