Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

chronological order of the episodes?

catnep

its occurring to me that as i'm rewatching the entire series, the order in which the episodes were released isnt necessarily the chronological order. 

could someone tell me which order they think the episodes are in, just in season one? :adorkable:

If I had to guess it would be something like this.

• The prologue origins of the Pillars of Virtue in "Campfire Tales", "Daring Done", and "A Health of Information"
  • The gathering of the Pillars and their fight with the Pony of Shadows in "Shadow Play".
  • The prologue of "Friendship is Magic: Part 1".
  • Princess Celestia raising the sun for the first time as seen in "Horse Play".
  •  Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's first battle with Discord in "The Return Of Harmony: Part 1".
  • The princesses' second battle with Discord in "Princess Twilight Sparkle: Part 1".
  • The flashbacks from "The Crystal Empire"?
  • The battle between Princess Celestia and Luna in "Princess Twilight Sparkle: Part 2".
  • Princess Celestia forms the Wonderbolts as shown in "Testing, Testing, 123".
  • The Granny Smith flashbacks in "Leap of Faith" and "Family Appreciation Day".
  • The flashbacks in "The Perfect Pear".
  • Birth of Twilight and Co.
  • Spike's birth (not hatching) in "Father Knows Beast".
  • The flashbacks from "A Canterlot Wedding".
  • Twilight flashbacks in "Amending Fences".
  • The flashbacks from "Newbie Dash".
  • Applejack and Colturara in camp from "The Mane Attraction".
  • Rainbow Dash meeting Gilda in the flashbacks from "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone".
  • The flashbacks in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles."
  • The flashbacks in "Parental Glideance".
  • The flashbacks in "The Cutie Remark: Part 2".
  • The events of "Where The Apple Lies".
  • The flashback to Sweetie Belle's 5th birthday from "For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils".
  • The flashback in "Celestial Advice".
  • The students flashbacks in "The Hearth's Warming Club".
  • And from there, the events from "Friendship is Magic: Part 1" to "School Raze: Part 2" are pretty straightforward.

I'm sure that I'm missing a few events, but I think I listed most of them.

• Brohoof 1

My instincts say:

Year 1 = Seasons 1-3

Year 2 = Season 4

Year 3 = Season 5

Year 4 = Seasons 6-7

Year 5 = Season 8 (possibly also Season 9, depends on what we'll get)

So by the end of the show, they'll all be at least 5 years older from the very beginning by then. Although I don't know why Pound and Pumpkin Cake always get drawn as infants every season. Shouldn't they be older by now?

Edited by FirePuppy

I am currently trying to put together a timeline but I don't think that's what the TC is actually after. They just want to watch the episodes so you don't get a situation where the events in one episode are impacting an earlier one. That said season 1 the viewing order doesn't matter too much as they're a lot more individual storylines than an overall arch.