Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Best episodes per season

ccb20yes

(edited)

Stated my best (and worst) episodes in each of the eight seasons so far off-thread, so here's the re-quote (under the tag):

Spoiler
On 6/9/2018 at 8:09 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Season 1:

• Best: The Best Night Ever. A solid, satisfying conclusion to still the series's best arc with a lot of excellent satire.
  • Worst: Bridle Gossip. Show, don't tell, and don't make likeable characters designed to be role models to children so unpleasant.

Season 2:

• Best: Sisterhooves Social. An excellent, sentimental, realistic take on sibling relationships with a marvelous way to conclude it.
  • Worst: Dragon Quest. Sexist, xenophobic, stereotypes an entire race, and teaches an awful moral.

Season 3:

• Best: Sleepless in Ponyville. A really pleasant surprise in the middle of its great run. One of the show's best endings.
  • Worst: One Bad Apple. How to screw up the moral? By claiming that defending yourself against a bully makes you the bully and a grownup will fix everything.

Season 4:

• Best: Testing Testing 1, 2, 3. A really pleasant surprise. A wonderful critique of how not learning in one method doesn't make you stupid or incompetent.
  • Worst: Rainbow Falls. Nothing makes sense. Terrible dialogue, humor, characterization. And directly affects the main arc.

Season 5:

• Best: Crusaders of the Lost Mark. S5's strength of using the mane characters' strengths is on full display here. The CMCs' best showing and best musical episode.
  • Worst: Princess Spike. Spike's greed used as a crutch to teach a non-sequitur with a sexist ending that (at the time) solidified him as FIM's punching bag.

Season 6:

• Best: The Times They Are A Changeling. Season 6 was a major change in direction for Spike. Written with respect and sacrificed his fame to stand up for an exiled friend. Bridle Gossip done right.
  • Worst: Newbie Dash. How to make MMC look Emmy-worthy? Write a status quo shift a million times worse and deliver a moral that justified hazing.

Season 7:

• Best: The Perfect Pear. Greatest episode in MLP history. Nuff said.
  • Worst: Fame & Misfortune. Teaches two bad morals, one from execution and one bad moral, period. No attention to continuity or story structure. Terrible dialogue. Broken, incompatible allegory. Worst atmosphere, song, and writing of the series so far.

Season 8 (first half):

• Best: The Break Up Break Down. Wonderfully hilarious. Discord, Big Mac, and Spike make an excellent team. Moral is fantastic. A great combo of humor and heart without sharply shifting the tone.
  • Worst: Fake It 'Til You Make It. Fluttershy's worst characterization of the show: threatens to throw three raccoons she rescued and hired on to the street and phoned in a half-assed apology. Flat, obnoxious, and unpleasant atmosphere with ugly stereotypes.

As for the best season, I still hold Season 5 as the holy grail. Reason why (and my current overall order) are located here or under the (spoiler'd) quote:

Spoiler
On 5/14/2018 at 11:28 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Well, Season 7 is done, and S8 is about halfway there (if you watched the leaked episodes and take them into account). So, time for an update!

1. Season 5. Three of the show's ten best episodes of all-time are a part of the list, including the best two-parter at the time (The Cutie Map) and the best villain song of the show (Our Town). Good characterization of Pinkie and Fluttershy, particularly the former for being consistent throughout. This season introduced a new, intriguing direction for the show that deserves to return: the Mane Six become teachers of friendship and use the lessons they learn to spread the Magic of Friendship abroad (and an idea that was really well executed, even in Party Pooped, which was okay). Although the show dispels the status quo, this season really shattered it in four great ways: Gilda redeems, Diamond Tiara reforms and redeems, the CMCs get their Marks, and Starlight reforms and becomes a mane character. Also, some of the deepest and greyest lessons and morals, evovling from S4's trials, which this franchise really needed. On top of that, an excellent episode celebrating the show and relationship with its fanbase (SoL).

2. Season 7. This season has only a few drawbacks: inconsistent characterization of Pinkie Pies, a few average episodes, Feather Bangs (most of Hard to Say Anything, for that matter), and Fame & Misfortune (an episode so intellectually insulting and broken with two horrendous morals and equal contempt of both kids and adults alike — by far the worst written episode of the series). Other than that, this was really, really solid. Like S5, three of the show's ten best episodes aired here, including HoF-worthy Perfect Pear (with the best-written romance in the series), Shadow Play as the show's best two-parter, and Parental Glideance marking an excellent debut for Hamilton. But it has two major strengths: the high-quality characterization of Starlight, FS, and Twilight; and balancing the conflicts to not have one side entirely in the right or wrong. Starlight was really consistent with no bad appearances. Fluttershy kept progressing, and Twilight was great virtually all season. But the second half from Mane Thing to Shadow Play was the show's best run, and part of that credit stems to Josh Haber returning to the show. Currently the most consistent season.

3. Season 8 (so far). It's safe to say that Non-Compete Clause and Fake It suck. In NCC, Dash and AJ had two of their worst outings of the series, while Fake It contains Fluttershy's worst characterization. Fortunately, the worst besides that is Maud Couple, which I've slowly warmed up to. When the episodes were good, they were excellent. Grannies Gone Wild is one of Dash's best episodes to date. Surf and/or Turf tackles divorce through the eyes of a child. Horse Play and Parent Map are fantastic. And there's more to come.

4. Season 2. This season continued FIM's then-best streak (Green Isn't Your Color to Sisterhooves Social). Lesson Zero marked the first shift of the status quo, albeit retaining the friendship lesson structure from last season. Many of the songs are really good, some holding up well as they age (i.e., This Day Aria). In the middle of the Great Streak, aside from LZ, are Return of Harmony, LE, and Sisterhooves Social, the latter one of the ten best of the series. Along the way, Hurricane Fluttershy, too Despite no season-long arc, DHX seemed to know what they were doing. While S2 started great, it ended on a whimper in Ponyville Confidential, MMMystery, and ACW. And there were some really terrible episodes, such as Dragon Quest, MDW, PYHD, and May the Best Pet Win!

5. Season 1. This season started rough. Sure, the pilot's okay, but Part 1 was way better than Part 2. Doesn't help when the first eight episodes include Griffon the Brush Off and Boast Busters, the latter one of the worst of the series. But after Winter Wrap Up, it took off. Did the season age well? Not entirely. WWU's animation is really rough, and some of the songs feel a little clumsy or shallow. Additionally, S1 is the only one to operate under an E/I rating, hurting some of the stories in the process. OTOH, the simpler stories allows the audience to grasp what makes each character unique. It has some of the show's best in Suited for Success, Party of One, and The Best Night Ever. Yet, it also has some of the worst in Boast Busters (again), Bridle Gossip, and Owl's Well. And Rarity sucked for a good chunk, too. Unlike S2, it started flat and ended with a bang.

6. Season 4. Compare it to a roller coaster. Up, down, up, down, went the episodes. When it went right, it was excellent: Flight to the Finish, Pinkie Pride, and Testing Testing are the season's Big Three of episodes. Aside from that, other good episodes include Inspiration Manifestation, Twilight Time, and RTM (this one with my top moral of S4). The problems: This is Pinkie's worst season (was flanderized and/or out of character way too often, especially 3's a Crowd, Filly Vanilli, & Trade Ya!); Twilicorn could've been replaced with pre-ascneded Twilight for several episodes and had no impact at all until Twilight Time; Rainbow Dash had Rainbow Falls (the show's worst-written episode till F&M); and Spikabuse was high here.

7. Season 3. Till S7, it had the show's second-greatest streak: All four episodes from Magic Duel to AFR are really good, Sleepless in Ponyville among the show's best. This is also Rainbow Dash's best season (with her best solo episode till Grannies Gone Wild); even in the bad episodes, she was great. The big problem: the pacing was rushed in a lot of episodes, especially in Keep Calm and MMC. Twilight's arc of ascending took place in only three episodes: the two-part opener and the finale. This season also had a lot of crap here, from Twilight and her friends putting Pinkie's life on the line and Twilight zapping the clones, who show some sapience depending on who. It also includes One Bad Apple, the worst episode of the series with the show's worst moral.

8. Season 6. Every season has its good episodes, including here. Unfortunately, the best episode aren't good enough to crack nearly the top-10, but they were close. Unfortunately, when it went bad, it was BAD. A lot of episodes, including the okay ones, have awful characterization. Rarity, AJ, and Rainbow Dash each had some of their worst appearances of the series. Outside of Viva, AJ was awful, especially in Cart and PPOV. Rarity's character development was completely ignored in some episodes, especially Spice Up Your Life. Newbie Dash dreams to be at least decent: It's the worst status quo changer of the entire show and with an awful moral condoning hazing to boot. DHX stuck to their habit of only developing and showing Starlight when the show needed to, and that really hurt her growth and To Where and Back Again, the show's worst finale. The best parts: the CMCs (again), Fluttershy, and especially Spike. The latter had both his best episodes, best appearances, and (by far) best season to date.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

Season 2 is my favourite season so far, because I felt it expanded the show's scope the most effectively. My favourite episode per season? Hmm, that probably looks something like this:

S1: “The Best Night Ever”

S2: “Lesson Zero”

S3: “Wonderbolts Academy”

S4: “Pinkie Pride”

S5: “Rarity Investigates!”

S6: “A Hearth’s Warming Tail”

S7: “A Flurry of Emotions”

S8: “Horse Play”

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Season 7 is my favorite so far.

Best Episodes for me personally:

S1: Party of One / The Best Night Ever

S2: Return of Harmony / Lesson Zero / The Last Roundup / Hurricane Fluttershy

S3: Sleepless in Ponyville / Wonderbolts Academy

S4: Simple Ways / Maud Pie

S5: Make new friends but keep Discord / Griffinstone / The Cutie Remark

S6: Newbie Dash / Cart before the Ponies / Top Bolt

S7: Celestial Advice / Fame and Misfortune

S8: Horse Play / The Parent Map / The Break Up Breakdown / A Matter of Principals

Edited by JH24

Oh that other thread with the top/worst 5 episodes of every season is hard for me to answer, but this one is easy:

S1: The Cutie Mark Chronicles

S2: Secret of my Excess

S3: The Crystal Empire

S4: Equestria Games

S5: Amending Fences

S6: The Times are a Changeling

S7: The Perfect Pear

S8: Molt Down?

S9: Finale?

• Brohoof 1

Season 1: The Dog and Pony show

Season 2: Sisterhooves Social

Season 3: The Crystal Empire

Season 4: It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Season 5: Rarity Investigates

Season 6: 28 Pranks Later

Season 7: A Health of Information

Season 8: Friendship University

hmm, hard...

Season 1: Episode 1-26

Season 2: Episode 1-26

Season 3: Episode 1-13

Season 4: Episode 1-26

Season 5: Episode 1-26

Season 6: Episode 1-26

Season 7: Episode 1-26

Season 8: Episode 1-26(Yes, cant imagine not liking any of the not sired ones yet)

Disclaimer: I will not be including premieres/finales because this list would be repetitive.

Season 1: 
Best: 
DragonShy 90/100
Worst: Look before you Sleep 63/100

Season 2:
Best: Hurricane Fluttershy 95/100
Worst: The Mysterious Mare Do Well 58/100

Season 3:
Best: 
Too Many Pinkie Pies 89/100
Worst: Spike at your Service 60/100

Season 4:
Best: Pinkie Pride 95/100 
Worst: Rainbow Falls 58/100

Season 5:
Best: The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone 97/100
Worst: Princess Spike 62/100

Season 6: 
Best: A Hearth's Warming Tale 96/100
Worst: 28 Pranks Later 28/100

Season 7:
Best: 
The Perfect Pear 100/100
Worst: Honest Apple 52/100

Season 8: 
Best: Surf and/or Turf (so far) 94/100
Worst: Fake it till you make it (so far) 55/100

As for my favorite season? It's a tossup between 5 and 7 but I think due to the premiere being better and the finale being a tiny bit better for season 5 I will go with that.
Season 5 was a masterpiece. Season 7 came extremely close to taking that throne. So far season 8 seems like it will end up in the middle, better than 1, 2, 3, and 6. But under 4, 5, and 7. 

Edited by RyanMahaffe

Best

S1: Party of One

S2: A Friend in Deed

S3: Magical Mystery Cure

S4: Pinkie Pride

S5: Hearthbreakers

S6: Buckball Season

S7: Discordant Harmony

S8: The Mean 6 (for now)

Worst

S1: The Show Stoppers

S2: Secret of My Excess

S3: Magic Duel

S4: Somepony to Watch Over Me

S5: Princess Spike

S6: Applejack's Day Off

S7: Honest Apple

S8: Yakity Sax (just by a little margin against The Breakup Breakdown)

Best:

S1: “The Best Night Ever" Fantastic ending to a fantastic season. 

S2: “Return of Harmony (Both Parts)” Discord is a great villain, and the whole climax was exemplary .

S3: “Wonderbolt Academy” Teaches a valuable lesson, generally fun to watch.

S4: “Testing Testing 1 2 3” Astoundingly well for an episode mid season.

S5: “Amending Fences" Had one of the most emotional touches ever in mlp, great episode to watch and show how twilight has changed throughout the series.

S6: “Every Little Thing She Does” Great way to use Mind Control to teach a lesson, shows how starlight isn't perfectly turned around from using magic to solve issues.

S7: “Fame And Misfortune” M.A. Larson, love ya my man.

S8: “Surf and/or Turf” Amazing nod to the movie, great character writing for scootaloo and sweetie bell.

Worst:

S1: "Bride Gossip" Bad in so many aspects, bad character writing.

S2: “The mysterious Mare do Well” Horrible Writing for RD, bad way to teach a moral.

S3: “One Bad Apple” Teaches: Defending yourself from bullies makes you a horrible person/.

S4: “Some Pony to Watch Over Me” Dumbs down applejack completely.

S5: "Princess Spike” Dumbs down and uses Spike as a punching bag.

S6: “Newbie Dash” and "28 Pranks Later" (Newbie Dash) Cringe sequences, horrible moral, dumbs down RD. (28 Pranks Later) Dumbs down RD, erases character development, mentally scars RD because of pranks.

S7: “A Flurry of Emotions” Zero punishment to Flurry for vandalizing, and potentially harming others, when twilight speaks up she is depicted as cruel, however that doesn't make the least bit of sense.

S8: (So far) a three way tie between "Yakity-Sax" "Fake it til you Make it" and "Horse Play" All were just... Awful... Yakity-Sax had horrendous writing and morals, Fake it had the worst depiction of fluttershy so far save from Fluttershy Leans in, and Horse Play had clunky dialogue with a horrible moral.

Best Season: Season two/Season five

Worst Season: Season Eight

Edited by twichlove

40 minutes ago, twichlove said:

Best:

S1: “The Best Night Ever" Fantastic ending to a fantastic season. 

S2: “Return of Harmony (Both Parts)” Discord is a great villain, and the whole climax was exemplary .

S3: “Wonderbolt Academy” Teaches a valuable lesson, generally fun to watch.

S4: “Testing Testing 1 2 3” Astoundingly well for an episode mid season.

S5: “Amending Fences" Had one of the most emotional touches ever in mlp, great episode to watch and show how twilight has changed throughout the series.

S6: “Every Little Thing She Does” Great way to use Mind Control to teach a lesson, shows how starlight isn't perfectly turned around from using magic to solve issues.

S7: “Fame And Misfortune” M.A. Larson, love ya my man.

S8: “Surf and/or Turf” Amazing nod to the movie, great character writing for scootaloo and sweetie bell.

Worst:

S1: "Bride Gossip" Bad in so many aspects, bad character writing.

S2: “The mysterious Mare do Well” Horrible Writing for RD, bad way to teach a moral.

S3: “One Bad Apple” Teaches: Defending yourself from bullies makes you a horrible person/.

S4: “Some Pony to Watch Over Me” Dumbs down applejack completely.

S5: "Princess Spike” Dumbs down and uses Spike as a punching bag.

S6: “Newbie Dash” and "28 Pranks Later" (Newbie Dash) Cringe sequences, horrible moral, dumbs down RD. (28 Pranks Later) Dumbs down RD, erases character development, mentally scars RD because of pranks.

S7: “A Flurry of Emotions” Zero punishment to Flurry for vandalizing, and potentially harming others, when twilight speaks up she is depicted as cruel, however that doesn't make the least bit of sense.

S8: (So far) a three way tie between "Yakity-Sax" "Fake it til you Make it" and "Horse Play" All were just... Awful... Yakity-Sax had horrendous writing and morals, Fake it had the worst depiction of fluttershy so far save from Fluttershy Leans in, and Horse Play had clunky dialogue with a horrible moral.

Best Season: Season two/Season five

Worst Season: Season Eight

Yakity Sax may have been the worst for Pinkie, since the writers couldn't think of a good episode for her, probably because a second episode was demanded too quickly.

Maybe next season, Pinkie will be in for a much better combo episode, as long as whatever that didn't make it to this season on time all gets moved over to the next. That's what happens with movies, too.

1 hour ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

I would like a pinkie and fluttershy episode and another episode with starlight and how about one with twilight next season when was the last pinkie and twilight had an episode feeling pinkie keen from season 1 episode 15 that was 7 years ago. These two need to interact again next season. 

To my knowledge, they both had lots of those in The Movie. So I still think that's enough, thank you.

And second, don't try to push your comments. You could be at risk of being "banished". Besides, this topic is about best episodes per season.

28 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

Wait what do you mean by pushing my comments.

And why would I be banished.

1. Repeating the same comments over and over again about your "greeds". Even I am trying my best to stop doing this myself.

2. For breaking the forum rules, duh! That is, if you do it too many times and get caught for it.

Season 1: Winter Wrap Up

Season 2: Nightmare Night

Season 3: The Crystal Empire Part 1 and 2

Season 4: Twilight’s Kingdom Part 1 and 2

Season 5: Amending Fences

Season 6: To Where and Back Again Part and 2

Season 7: A Royal Problem

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

Season 1: Sonic Rainboom

Season 2: Hurricane Fluttershy

Season 3: Wonderbolts Academy

Season 4: Twilight's Kingdom

Season 5: Slice of Life

Season 6: Top Bolt

Season 7: Fame and Misfortune

Season 8: The Mean Six

• Brohoof 1

Season 1 - Best Night Ever
Season 2 - Hurricane Fluttershy
Season 3 - Sleepless In Ponyville
Season 4 - Pinkie Pride
Season 5 - Amending Fences
Season 6 - Saddle Row Review
Season 7 - Perfect Pear
Season 8 - The Washouts
Season 9 - Sparkle's Seven or Between Dusk and Dawn

Best season is 7, which sucks because it's sandwiched between some really shitty seasons

• Brohoof 3

In My Opinion:

1. Look Before You Sleep
  2. Sisterhooves Social
  3. Magical Mystery Cure
  4. Testing Testing 1,2,3 
  5. Amending Fences
  6. Saddle Row Review
  7. Perfect Pear
  8. Friendship University
  9. Going to Seed
Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

IMO, of course:

S1-  Best: Dragonshy        Worst: The Showstoppers

S2-  Best: Lesson Zero     Worst: Putting Your Hoof Down

S3-  Best: Magic Duel       Worst: Magical Mystery Cure

S4-  Best: Twilight's Kingdom      Worst: Power Ponies

S5-  Best: Amending Fences       Worst: Princess Spike

S6-  Best: To Where and Back Again         Worst: Cart Before the Ponies

S7-  Best: The Perfect Pear         Worst: Hard to Say Anything

S8-  Best: A Rockhoof and a Hard Place    Worst: Fake It 'Til You Make It 

S9- (I have only watched through 246)  Best- Student Counsel   Worst- 2, 4, 6, Greaaat

*Seasons from Best to Worst: S4>S2>S7>S5>S1>S6>>>S8>>>>>S3

*(Edited, Season 7's very rough beginning lowered it to third.)

Edited by Spider Demon

It might change, but as it stands right now:

S1- Party of one(10\10)

S2- Lesson zero (10\10)

S3- Wonderbolts academy (9\10)

S4- Flight to the finish (10\10)

S5- Crusadors of the lost mark (10\10)

S6- Flutter brutter (10\10)

S7- A royal problem\The perfect pair (can't decide, both episodes are absolutely stupendous, 10\10)

S8- The washouts (10\10)

S9- The beginning  of the end (10\10)

Season 7 is my favorite, but seasons 4,5 and 9 come really close to it, the rest are not as great as these but are still good, I love all the seasons, even 3 and 8(my least favorite seasons) are very enjoyable in my book.

Well, my post from last year needs some updating!

Season 1:

• Best: The Best Night Ever. A solid, satisfying conclusion to still the series's best arc with a lot of excellent satire. Years later, pacing remains among the cream of the crop.
  • Worst: Bridle Gossip. Show, don't tell, especially when dealing with racism. Don’t make likeable characters designed to be role models to children so unpleasant. Don’t take a complex subject of racism, dwindle it down to “they scare me,” and cheapen the scars from thowe affected.

Season 2:

• Best: Sisterhooves Social. An excellent, sentimental, realistic take on sibling relationships with a marvelous climax to conclude the conflict. Not a bad introduction to Twilight-less episodes.
  • Worst: Dragon Quest. Sexist, xenophobic, stereotypes an entire race based on a few’s actions, and teaches an awful moral.

Season 3:

• Best: Sleepless in Ponyville. A really pleasant surprise in the middle of its great run. Great humor, great visuals, great first Scootaloo episode. One of the show's best endings.
  • Worst: One Bad Apple. How to screw up the moral? By claiming that defending yourself against a bully makes you the bully and a grownup will fix everything. Even worse, AJ (the “adult”) does nothing throughout and lets Silver and DT bully the CMCs with nothing more than a glare in response.

Season 4:

• Best: Testing Testing 1, 2, 3. A really pleasant surprise. A wonderful critique of how not learning in one method doesn't make you stupid or incompetent. Excellent characterization of Twi and Rainbow Dash with a wonderful, heartwarming climax.
  • Worst: Rainbow Falls. Nothing makes sense. Every idea fails. Terrible dialogue, humor, characterization. And directly affects the main arc.

Season 5:

• Best: Crusaders of the Lost Mark. S5's strength of using the mane characters' strengths is on full display here. The CMCs' best showing and best musical episode.
  • Worst: Princess Spike. Spike's greed used as a crutch to teach a non-sequitur with a sexist ending that (at the time) solidified him as FIM's punching bag. Thank Celestia future seasons fixed his direction.

Season 6:

• Best: The Times They Are A Changeling. Season 6 was a major change in direction for Spike. Written with respect and sacrificed his fame to stand up for an exiled friend. Best song of S6. Bridle Gossip done right.
  • Worst: Newbie Dash. How to make MMC look Emmy-worthy? Write a status quo shift a million times worse and deliver a moral that justified hazing.

Season 7:

• Best: The Perfect Pear. Greatest episode in MLP history. Nuff said.
  • Worst: Fame & Misfortune. Teaches two bad morals, one from execution and one bad moral, period. No attention to continuity or story structure. Terrible dialogue and humor. Broken, incompatible allegory. Worst atmosphere, song, and writing of the series so far.

Season 8:

• Best: A Rockhoof and a Hard Place. During FIM’s best run so far, an amazing episode with marvelous humor, drama, and execution of an allegory associated with a very serious, touchy subject. Yona’s best role to date.
  • Worst: Fake It 'Til You Make It. Fluttershy's worst characterization of the show. No excuse for her to threaten to evict three raccoons she rescued and hired. Phoning in a half-assed apology only makes her look worse. Flat, obnoxious, and unpleasant atmosphere with ugly stereotypes.

Not including Season 9 for now.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

Season 1: Fall Weather Friends

Season 2: The Last Roundup

Season 3: Sleepless in Ponyville

Season 4:  Testing Testing 123

Season 5: Hearthbreakers 

Season 6: Top Bolt

Season 7: The Perfect Pear

Season 8: Grannies Gone Wild

Season 9: So far, I am still deciding between Twilight's Seven, Common Ground, Going to Seed, or She Talks to Angel 

• Brohoof 1

Season 1: The Best Night Ever (honorable mentions: Sonic Rainboom and Party of One)

Season 2: Lesson Zero (honorable mentions: Read It and Weep and Hurricane Fluttershy - It's About Time  was extremely enjoyable as well)

Season 3: Sleepless in Ponyville (honorable mentions: Wonderbolts Academy and... uh...)

Season 4: Pinkie Pride (honorable mentions: For Whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls and Testing, Testing, 123 - Twilight's Kingdom  also deserves a reference)

Season 5: Slice of Life (honorable mentions: The Cutie Map and Amending Fences)

Season 6: The Fault in Our Cutie Marks (honorable mentions: A Hearth's Warming Tail and Stranger Than Fan Fiction)

Season 7: The Perfect Pear (surprising, ain't it?) (honorable mentions: Discordant Harmony and A Health of Information)

Season 8: Horse Play (honorable mentions: The Hearth's Warming Club and On the Road to Friendship)

Might as well post mine. Some of my entries might turn some heads. :confused:

Season 1: 
Best:
Suited for Success (Honorable mentions: Party of One, Best Night Ever, Applebuck Season)
Worst: Boast Busters (Dishonorable mentions: Owl's Well that Ends Well, Sonic Rainboom, The Show Stoppers) 

Season 2:
Best: Lesson Zero (Honorable mentions: Return to Harmony, Sisterhooves Social, Hurricane Fluttershy)
Worst: Putting Your Hoof Down (Dishonorable mentions: Baby Cakes, Dragon Quest, MMMystery on the Friendship Express) 

Season 3:
Best:
Wonderbolts Academy (Honorable mentions: Apple Family Reunion, Magic Duel, Too Many Pinkie Pies) 
Worst: Spike at your Service (Dishonorable mentions: One Bad Apple, Magical Mystery Cure, Just For Sidekicks)

Season 4:
Best: Rarity Takes Manehatten (Honorable mentions: Twilight's Kingdom, Pinkie Pride, Testing Testing 123) 
Worst: Rainbow Falls (Dishonorable mentions: Bats, Somepony to Watch Over Me, Equestria Games)

Season 5:
Best: The Mane Attraction (Honorable mentions: Amending Fences, Brotherhooves Social, Castle Sweet Castle)
Worst: The Cutie Remark (Dishonorable mentions: Slice of Life, Princess Spike, Tanks for the Memories)

Season 6: 
Best: Gauntlet of Fire (Honorable mentions: Top Bolt, On Your Marks, Saddle Row Review)
Worst: To Where and Back Again (Dishonorable mentions: Newbie Dash, 28 Pranks Later, No Second Prances)

Season 7:
Best: 
The Perfect Pear (Honorable mentions: Parental Glidence, It Isn't the Mane Thing About You, Discordant Harmony)
Worst: Fame and Misfortune (Dishonorable mentions: A Flurry of Emotions, Hard to Say Anything, Honest Apple)

Season 8: 
Best: Sounds of Silence (Honorable mentions: What Lies Beneath, A Rockhoof and a Hard Place, Molt Down)
Worst: Fake It Till You Make It (Dishonorable mentions: The Mean Six, A Matter of Principals, Yakity Sax)

I still have no interest in watching the rest of Season 9. I tuned out after only the first three episodes. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 2