Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Neurofunk

MangoFoalix

So what is Neurofunk might you ask? I would call it the darker side of Drum n Bass. Want some examples of Neurofunk? Here are a few

Spoiler

To be short and sweet, it's one of my favorite genres that I have recently discovered. Something about this music resonates with me. Anyone else have a similar experience? :twi:

• Brohoof 2

• 4 years later...

"Nine Lives" is an amazing one!

Stuff like these count right? I love dnb but I hate to admit that I haven't explored much neurofunk, but I do like these :fluttershy:

Evol Intent & Ewun ft. Dieselboy - Midnight Express

Spoiler

Audio - Loudener

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-10-29 at 11:37 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

We got a new funk.  Please educate me about this:wau:  

I know a bit more about it now, but long story short it derived from late 90's techstep to be even darker and grittier than before. It's mostly about the technical production nowadays, similar to how dubstep has the "riddim" style that derived from it. Artists like Ed Rush and Optical were some of the earliest to do this style, as far as I'm aware of.

Side note, this was around a time when many in the DnB scene felt that it had "lost it's soul" and musicality, which is why artists like Marcus Intalex, ST Files and Calibre are held to such a high regard when they began to have their early liquid funk releases as the 2000's rolled around. It heavily contrasted the darkness that neurofunk was bringing. This was similar to what happened with 2010's dubstep, where it got commercialized so quickly that it began to limp before it could run.