Why do some cultures glorify death?

heavens-champion

2 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

I meant the extremist group, not the topic about glorifying death.

Ah ok, that clears that up. But still, I have yet to see any group that glorifies death. None have been presented. All examples glorify the values that lead people to stand strong in the face of death or they remember those that passed. But none thus far have glorified death itself. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 5:25 AM, heavens-champion said:

Why is it the some cultures glorify death to the point where they think death is salvation?

Well, religion, quite simply.  If one truly believes that the creator of the universe wrote their holy book, and mandated that death in defense of "the one true faith" is the highest good you can do, and will earn you an eternity in paradise, then it becomes quite logical to follow through on that course of action.  If a person is sufficiently confused, they can be led to do pretty much anything, and that's why bad ideas with such high stakes are so dangerous.

Because death has many faces, Hindu worship believes that because death is the only certainty in life, it only means that it's the help of transition into higher planes of existence. Who knows honestly. 

whether you think it's right or wrong. You must keep these things in mind, you are no one to judge the beliefs of others, you can only be sure and speak about your own beliefs without judging others. And second, if you think about it the only thing that is certain is that we are all gonna die one way or another and if you whine about it...well you are only a wussy

I wouldn't say they glorify it

Earlier Kyoshi said its insulting to call the afterlife a "better place" but I still wouldn't call that glorifying death. It's simply their way of coping. If you never coped with death it would eat you up inside. For many, religion doubles as a coping mechanism.

But you mentioned Halloween? It doesn't glorify death just because people often dress as the living dead. That actually traces back to the middle European way of celebrating Samhain, an old Celtic celebration of honoring the dead, because they believed that was when the veil between the living realm and spirit realm was thinner. But later, Europeans got this big idea that all fay would come to pillage them and burn down their houses just because a few Celtic faerie were mischevious. So, the celebration evolved from honoring the dead, to dressing up as the dead to scare the fairies away

(edited)

I think a lot of these culture might glorify it because it's like a transition from the old life to the new life.

I can see why you think it as weird and I also think someone as being dead and to rejoice is bonkers but I guess some cultures and religions have their own ways.

Edited by Sondash Studios