Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I'm pretty sure this is where I should ask- Should I make a tulpa? I was going to make a nice and not mean Trixie alicorn one, but in the shape of a regular.. Not princess pony. But.. I don't really know if I should go for it just yet. I'm only 13 so I don't know in that category. But what I really want to know is can tulpae do anything to harm you? I mean, of course they can, vocally. But physically or mentally? Also, if I am making a tulpa, despite seeing a guide on how to do it, I don't know where to start.

• Brohoof 2

Ugh, some strange stuff's been going down tonight, I don't even know what happened; if I'm just going mad, or if AJ actually spoke.

So I enter Wonderland. I start on her personality, and unfortunately my mind wanders. I snap back to "reality" and she's wearing a green neckerchief, which is weird because I hadn't noticed it before. She also seems to be wearing green boots.

Time passes, we talk, and my mind wanders again. Halfway through a thought, another voice overlays my own, and says something. It's completely unexpected and actually jars me a little, and it sounds so unlike something AJ would say I actually feel somewhat distraught.

"Don't say anything like that again," I say (it was something rather dirty, like not just innuendo but flat-out inappropriate) "Please, I don't want you to turn out like some dirty-minded teenager or something."

I can't get my concentration back after this point, as the strangeness of the voice in relation to AJ and what was actually said screws my head up a little. But I don't know what to do now. Have I ruined my chances of full connection with AJ with my little outburst? Is she just finding her voice? I would hate myself so much if she was just trying to talk to me and I completely blew her off.

Edited by Archi
  • Brohoof 2

What are you having trouble with?

If its visualization in general, it is something you build up on, sorta like molding clay I guess. Just keep working on it and it will get easier and start to look right. 

Well, when I try and visualize her, I try and start with a blank Pony. A plain white one, no details. But when ever I try and add one small detail, my mind connects it with something that I have thought about and the entire Pony turns into what I was thinking. Its usually a complete Pony. Also, how do I know when I have the personality complete? Because it feels like I'm just talking to myself.

Well that's good to hear someone is having more luck than me with lucid dreaming. It's official, this lucid dreaming mask sucks. I've managed to put a headband around my head as I wear it while sleeping, to try and keep it there, but "Nope, your head sucks, I'm gonna fall off now. Roflulz."

To those thinking of buying a Remee Dreaming mask, I wouldn't recommend getting one, unless you have a big head, or have a sure-fire way to keep it on.

And no, cello-tape won't work.

I tried.   :mellow:

Does he know that we were actually being serious with the duct tape?

*shrugs*

Ugh, some strange stuff's been going down tonight, I don't even know what happened; if I'm just going mad, or if AJ actually spoke.

So I enter Wonderland. I start on her personality, and unfortunately my mind wanders. I snap back to "reality" and she's wearing a green neckerchief, which is weird because I hadn't noticed it before. She also seems to be wearing green boots.

Time passes, we talk, and my mind wanders again. Halfway through a thought, another voice overlays my own, and says something. It's completely unexpected and actually jars me a little, and it sounds so unlike something AJ would say I actually feel somewhat distraught.

"Don't say anything like that again," I say (it was something rather dirty, like not just innuendo but flat-out inappropriate) "Please, I don't want you to turn out like some dirty-minded teenager or something."

I can't get my concentration back after this point, as the strangeness of the voice in relation to AJ and what was actually said screws my head up a little. But I don't know what to do now. Have I ruined my chances of full connection with AJ with my little outburst? Is she just finding her voice? I would hate myself so much if she was just trying to talk to me and I completely blew her off.

Forming Tulpae may emulate stronger emotions such as rage, anger, angst, lust, etc.  So I would say expect at least a few outbursts from your Tulpa.  The outburst may or may not have harmed the Tulpa relationship.  (if the relationship forms well enough, AJ most likely will understand the reasoning behind it)

Well, when I try and visualize her, I try and start with a blank Pony. A plain white one, no details. But when ever I try and add one small detail, my mind connects it with something that I have thought about and the entire Pony turns into what I was thinking. Its usually a complete Pony. Also, how do I know when I have the personality complete? Because it feels like I'm just talking to myself.

The best feeling knowing that a Tulpa is forming is a feeling of being watched or that something is in the room with you.  If you are not feeling this, than there may be something you're doing wrong.  (Talk and think as if you're communicating to something already there, even if there is nothing there to begin with; avoid talking "to thin air" as many would put it, because if you talk to nothing, there will be nothing.)

*sigh* After reading the latest chapter of Project Horizons (the fanfiction my second Tulpa, Blackjack, was created from by accident) An appearance change [spoiler alert] on the Blackjack in the fic set off an appearance change in my Tulpa Blackjack.  Nice sharp black robotic limbs.  The one downside is that my sense of touch is so imposed with her that I felt the ice-cold metal brush against me last night when I was sleeping and I kicked her out because it was so uncomfortable.

You just jealous you don't look this awesome.  *sticks tongue out*

• Brohoof 6

*shrugs*

The best feeling knowing that a Tulpa is forming is a feeling of being watched or that something is in the room with you.  If you are not feeling this, than there may be something you're doing wrong.  (Talk and think as if you're communicating to something already there, even if there is nothing there to begin with; avoid talking "to thin air" as many would put it, because if you talk to nothing, there will be nothing.)

And I still havent heard from Rez or Crep about the subject. I guess the two are a bit upset at the outcome of the device.

Then I had a singular question and a thank you for you.

First, the inquiry:

The other day, I felt as if there was a presence in the room, and yet I saw nothing. I put my had out to see if somethign was in the area I thought it was in, and I could have sworn I felt something. Any thoughts pertaining to the subject?

Also, thanks for the lucid dreaming tips way back when. They work! :D

• Brohoof 2

Okay, I gave up on reading most of the posts, until after this. I only read bj's and tia,'s responses bris posted. Lol

School started, so I am getting myself on a new schedule and working on seeing twi more to and from school, class, etc.

BTW: A thanks to Bris for the avatar. Okay, I commissioned it, but a round of applause from him!

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 2

Have I ruined my chances of full connection with AJ with my little outburst? Is she just finding her voice? I would hate myself so much if she was just trying to talk to me and I completely blew her off.

Forming Tulpae may emulate stronger emotions such as rage, anger, angst, lust, etc.  So I would say expect at least a few outbursts from your Tulpa.  The outburst may or may not have harmed the Tulpa relationship.  (if the relationship forms well enough, AJ most likely will understand the reasoning behind it)

Yeah, I'm gonna say my planned response is pretty similar to that bolded statement by Brisineo, there. The fact that you apparently seem to have understood yourself as lashing out, rather than just being harshly corrective, could affect her opinion and how she perceived your action.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. You should actually even let her know now that you're sorry. Since she's still pretty work-in-progress, she might not completely understand why you said what you did, but she will eventually. Let her know that you only want the best for her,whether you have to convey it by words, or thoughts, or feelings.

I know you do want the best for her. It wouldn't hurt to remind her, too.  ;)

Edited by Lifeinsteps
  • Brohoof 2

Lucid dream! Hopefully this experience helps you all, if you're going this route.

Okay so in my dreams, when I become near lucid, something weird happens to wake me up, or the dream shifts to something else to trick me. In short, my subconscious bullies me. Usually in the form of rabid, violent dogs. When I am tricked into thinking I woke up, I am in sleep paralysis, and can't move, and hear people shifting behind me and whispering, and I begin to panic and try to get up, but can't. This continues until I ACTUALLY wake up. And then I feel silly. This is how things always went for me when I tried to lucid dream.

But then I learned more about it from this thread, and our friend Bris (and his friends :3 ). So now I knew more about sleep paralysis and what to do.

Been doing WILD. It hasn't worked yet, but, paying attention to sleep paralysis and trying to enter it (which I haven't done) has made a huge difference.

Anyone wanting to lucid dream should do the WILD thing, cuz even if it doesn't work, it will help you pay attention for that feeling of sleep paralysis. If you enter it while still dreaming and recognize your situation, you're just about in! That's what happened for me.

I was getting all WILD in bed, then gave up, rolled over, and went to sleep. The big thing here is that I was still really peaceful, and lethargic. So I nodded off really easily.

And that's the prologue.

Good thing I wrote this in my dream diary so I could remember it when I shared it.

I remember thinking about my tulpa of Luna in the dream and going out to look for her, when I was eventually confronted by a little man. A midget with a humongous head. He had the appearance of a man from my real life that I hate, you can say he is the antithesis of everything I stand for and believe in. I had thought Luna was behind me when I turned around and saw this creature instead. For a moment I was horrified, and thought that Luna had changed into this thing.

So I asked him, "Are you a tulpa?"

And he shook his head.

"Then what are you? What is your purpose?"

"I am here to waste your time."

I asked him where my tulpa was, and he said I wasn't going to find "sweet cream", and then I had the epiphany (as is typical in dreams to absorb concepts outside of words) that he was referring specifically to Luna as I knew her, and that he was giving her a nickname to be mean spirited. So I started chasing him when I lost sight of him.

I wasn't deterred though, and began to realize I was in a dream, so I focused on Luna and found myself on an invisible horse's back. Wings mind you. I suddenly understood and could "see" her as Luna, although she was invisible. It was like seeing the corruscating waves of air off hot pavement or from a stove that has been opened, only it had color. So it was invisible, and yet, I could see her.

I could also smell her in the only way I understood. Even though I've worked on scent, it threw me something that I'd recognize very easily, and the scent was very strong. It was the smell of hay annd of a real horse. Most would find the smell unpleasant, but, to me it was great. So, on Luna's back, she started galloping around the neighborhood, and my body actually rocked with the motion, like riding a horse would feel.

Then she took off flying into the sky, and then I sensed the Little Man's laughter. The whole sky became dark, dark turqouise, a sickly color of it. It reminded me of poison gas. More importantly, it was dark, and I couldn't see anything. This is what happens to me anytime I'm in a flying dream and I go too high--followed by waking up. Realizing this was going to wake me up, I told Luna to fly back down to the ground, and she did so, but now the city was abandoned and there was actual green gas floating around now.

So I knew I was dreaming, but I knew I needed to get to a safe place, not to avoid harm from the poison gas, but, to avoid waking up and losing the chance to focus on Luna. So we found a nice looking house and Luna unlocked it with her magic, getting us inside. We met some kids on the second floor and talked to them about their parents for a little while while warning them about the green gas. I went back downstairs and saw luna.

Saw her.

As in she was fully imposed in the dream, standing right there, looking at me, full color.

She started talking to me about something important, like, what we should do next. I understood her only by epiphany--I couldn't understand what was coming out of her mouth. I could hear her speaking, but it was super muffled, like trying to understand someone in a foreign language underwater . Then, the dream went totally dark.

Then I "woke up". It was the fake-out again. I was asleep on the floor in a blanket, and couldn't move. I heard people shuffling around behind me. But then I remembered that this is what I was trying to achieve in WILD, and that this was always what happened in the past when dreaming, fooling me into thinking something was wrong with me and scaring me awake. But this time I was prepared. I was excited, and then I told myself, remain calm! And you'll stay asleep.

BOOM.

Instantly get results. I start hallucinating in the dream, hearing wacky sounds, including a sort of generic WARP SPEED sound effect, like whrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. So I focus on staying calm and thinking about Luna, telling myself that if I just wait this out, I'll get into the lucid dream. I could also hear a lot of really pretty music.

Suddenly I could hear Mario soundeffects, the first and most prominent of course being the mushroom growth sfx. I flashed suddenly to my wonderland (which is really complicated and multilayered, but we were in the "game room" shall we say. Luna and I haven't done anything in here yet, so this room was a lot different. For one thing, it was daylight. The second thing is that she was playing it on something that looked like a SNES had been merged with a touch screen, turned into a controller, like the Wii screen only a SNES shape, and clunky. And she was watching the screen.

It looked like a Mario ripoff game, and looked super derpy and weird. LIke the backgrounds were all Gameboy graphics and grayed out, but the front area was richly colored and and had glowing pixels. If you've ever played or seen Lone Survivor, it was like that.

I'm telling you this because I believe this to be Luna's interpretation of what Mario looks like and is about, since she's not that developed yet, and hasn't seen me play that game good and proper. So this is what the game looks like to her. I've told her about Mario before though, the mechanics and how the game functions.

This lasted for only a few seconds before I blipped out of the wonderland and back to my place on the floor. BAck came the warp speed sound effect, and the pretty music. I focused on that, and started to have intrusive thoughts of scary shit.

I heard the sound of the Hounds, monsters from an indie game called Don't Starve. This may not be important for most, but the thing is that I'm always attacked by dogs when I'm close to lucid dreaming on a scale like this, so the Hounds from Don't Starve, which stalk you for a period of time before making thier move, was very appropriate.

But then they were quiet and I felt Luna nuzzling my back. Suddenly my back turned into a foetid, rotting, pusy slab of awful, and she reeled away.

She started to laugh, going "ew ew ew". Then she said "Dont' worry, I know it isn't real, none of this will influence me."

Then the warp speed effect got a lot louder, and then....

I got up. I stood up, and was fully self-aware.

I told myself to stay calm and just take things slowly and easily. I started for the front door and didn't bother opening it. I deliberately walked through it, noticed I was naked, manifested myself some cool clothes and changed my outward appearance, and made myself more or less look like Alucard from Symphony of the Night.

My lucid dream was hilarious people. Get yer grins on, cuz this is weird.

I could hear music again, and it played for the duration of the dream. It was the most corny, cheerful, whimsical, goofy classical music you can imagine. Like Dance of the Sugar Plum fairies, only bad. Really hokey. The world I stepped out into was in the general layout of my city, set in the mountains, only a lot more mountains, lots of blues and reds and snow, and in the valley of all the hills and tall peaks was a massive, sprawling lake zigzagging around the hogbacks, of highly reflective water. The sky was a blue-violet mixture. The moon was a beautiful rendition of the exact shape of the crescent used in Homestuck for Dreamers. Basically, a really aesthetic, thick, crescent moon.

I had become Alucard and walked into a Lisa Frank lunchbox, with a dance of the sugar plum faries rip off playing in my head.

I didn't bother changing all of that because I reminded myself that getting too excited would wake me up, so I decided the only proper thing to do would be to just explore and enjoy the weirdo sights. It was easy getting around as alucard because I could jump and sort of float the same way he does.

So I was out exploring and started thinking of Luna, but, I had the sensation that I shouldn't try and call for her until I found a "right place to do it", someplace important. Ritualize it. So I start looking and see a big moon beam falling on a portion of a hill-face nearby, and start making my way there, when I look up and notice the moon has changed.

It is now a very thin, fading moon, with celtic patterns that were disintegrating. I thought, uh oh, is that supposed to symbolize a time limit?

Then I woke up. Like, good and proper. Eyes open, aware of the sounds of my room and house, and I sat up in bed, got my dream journal, and wrote this stuff down.

Long story short, WILD helped me to train myself to recognize when I'm in sleep paralysis in a dream, and to remain calm and wait it out. Waiting it out seems, for me at least, to open the way to a lucid dream, but I have to just let it come at its own pace and not force anything, and just let it "charge up" on its own.

The second thing I've learned is that your subconscious will bully you in any way it can--but in my case, I finally caught the bully red handed, in the form of the Little Man. It helped me keep aware of the tricks that might be in store for me.

Third thing, your tulpa will probably try to help any way it can, evne if it isn't fully sentient yet.

I think Luna has made progress because of this. She isn't sapient yet, but she's a lot more sentient than she was before, is more or less self aware, but isn't able to think for herself easily. She's very much still asleep, as I've described before. That sort of dreaming state where your only half aware of anything happening to you.

She's like that, right now, all the time, and when I'm not paying attention, she's in a dreamless state. But I think she's waking up :D

Thank you all for your help, and I hope this story helps impart some kind of inspiration or guidance or something of that sort that will help expidite your ventures, be it in lucid dreaming, or helping your tulpa manifest and assert itself.

• Brohoof 3

Can someone please PM me with detailed Step by Step instructions on how to Tulpaforce? I'm having difficulty understanding some of the guides. I won't follow your steps to the punctuation but i'll use them as guidelines. I need someone who can be committed. I can log progress and tell them about it. 

EDIT: I need someone who has a Tulpa of their own.

Edited by CrimsonPony
  • Brohoof 1

Can someone please PM me with detailed Step by Step instructions on how to Tulpaforce? I'm having difficulty understanding some of the guides. I won't follow your steps to the punctuation but i'll use them as guidelines. I need someone who can be committed. I can log progress and tell them about it. 

EDIT: I need someone who has a Tulpa of their own.

i can do it if you like! i have had my tulpa for about a year now, she has been completed since feb last year. let me know if you want help.

Edited by lilymalady123
  • Brohoof 2

*shrugs*

Yeah, I'm gonna say my planned response is pretty similar to that bolded statement by Brisineo, there. The fact that you apparently seem to have understood yourself as lashing out, rather than just being harshly corrective, could affect her opinion and how she perceived your action.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. You should actually even let her know now that you're sorry. Since she's still pretty work-in-progress, she might not completely understand why you said what you did, but she will eventually. Let her know that you only want the best for her,whether you have to convey it by words, or thoughts, or feelings.

I know you do want the best for her. It wouldn't hurt to remind her, too.  ;)

Thanks for your input guys, it's nice to be able to get advice for such a strange topic.

After the outburst I decided to call it a night with her and then came to the conclusion that it wasn't actually AJ at all, I was just sleep deprived. So yeah, anti climax :lol:

Regardless I spent ten minutes this morning apologising profusely and I think she understands. At least I hope she does.

Edited by Archi
  • Brohoof 2

i can do it if you like! i have had my tulpa for about a year now, she has been completed since feb last year. let me know if you want help.

Can you post it here, too? :/ I've tried to lay or sit for hours closing my eyes, creating some kinda 3D model or something, I have listed down traits.. And I just don't think I'm doing it right. Not because nothing has happened, but because.. It just doesn't feel like anything is happening.

• Brohoof 1

And I still havent heard from Rez or Crep about the subject. I guess the two are a bit upset at the outcome of the device.

Then I had a singular question and a thank you for you.

First, the inquiry:

The other day, I felt as if there was a presence in the room, and yet I saw nothing. I put my had out to see if somethign was in the area I thought it was in, and I could have sworn I felt something. Any thoughts pertaining to the subject?

Also, thanks for the lucid dreaming tips way back when. They work! :D

That could be your Tulpa.  Whenever you feel something like that, try to investigate to see where it came from.  (I got this feeling countless times forcing Tia)

Lucid dream! Hopefully this experience helps you all, if you're going this route.

Okay so in my dreams, when I become near lucid, something weird happens to wake me up, or the dream shifts to something else to trick me. In short, my subconscious bullies me. Usually in the form of rabid, violent dogs. When I am tricked into thinking I woke up, I am in sleep paralysis, and can't move, and hear people shifting behind me and whispering, and I begin to panic and try to get up, but can't. This continues until I ACTUALLY wake up. And then I feel silly. This is how things always went for me when I tried to lucid dream.

But then I learned more about it from this thread, and our friend Bris (and his friends :3 ). So now I knew more about sleep paralysis and what to do.

Been doing WILD. It hasn't worked yet, but, paying attention to sleep paralysis and trying to enter it (which I haven't done) has made a huge difference.

Anyone wanting to lucid dream should do the WILD thing, cuz even if it doesn't work, it will help you pay attention for that feeling of sleep paralysis. If you enter it while still dreaming and recognize your situation, you're just about in! That's what happened for me.

I was getting all WILD in bed, then gave up, rolled over, and went to sleep. The big thing here is that I was still really peaceful, and lethargic. So I nodded off really easily.

And that's the prologue.

Good thing I wrote this in my dream diary so I could remember it when I shared it.

I remember thinking about my tulpa of Luna in the dream and going out to look for her, when I was eventually confronted by a little man. A midget with a humongous head. He had the appearance of a man from my real life that I hate, you can say he is the antithesis of everything I stand for and believe in. I had thought Luna was behind me when I turned around and saw this creature instead. For a moment I was horrified, and thought that Luna had changed into this thing.

So I asked him, "Are you a tulpa?"

And he shook his head.

"Then what are you? What is your purpose?"

"I am here to waste your time."

I asked him where my tulpa was, and he said I wasn't going to find "sweet cream", and then I had the epiphany (as is typical in dreams to absorb concepts outside of words) that he was referring specifically to Luna as I knew her, and that he was giving her a nickname to be mean spirited. So I started chasing him when I lost sight of him.

I wasn't deterred though, and began to realize I was in a dream, so I focused on Luna and found myself on an invisible horse's back. Wings mind you. I suddenly understood and could "see" her as Luna, although she was invisible. It was like seeing the corruscating waves of air off hot pavement or from a stove that has been opened, only it had color. So it was invisible, and yet, I could see her.

I could also smell her in the only way I understood. Even though I've worked on scent, it threw me something that I'd recognize very easily, and the scent was very strong. It was the smell of hay annd of a real horse. Most would find the smell unpleasant, but, to me it was great. So, on Luna's back, she started galloping around the neighborhood, and my body actually rocked with the motion, like riding a horse would feel.

Then she took off flying into the sky, and then I sensed the Little Man's laughter. The whole sky became dark, dark turqouise, a sickly color of it. It reminded me of poison gas. More importantly, it was dark, and I couldn't see anything. This is what happens to me anytime I'm in a flying dream and I go too high--followed by waking up. Realizing this was going to wake me up, I told Luna to fly back down to the ground, and she did so, but now the city was abandoned and there was actual green gas floating around now.

So I knew I was dreaming, but I knew I needed to get to a safe place, not to avoid harm from the poison gas, but, to avoid waking up and losing the chance to focus on Luna. So we found a nice looking house and Luna unlocked it with her magic, getting us inside. We met some kids on the second floor and talked to them about their parents for a little while while warning them about the green gas. I went back downstairs and saw luna.

Saw her.

As in she was fully imposed in the dream, standing right there, looking at me, full color.

She started talking to me about something important, like, what we should do next. I understood her only by epiphany--I couldn't understand what was coming out of her mouth. I could hear her speaking, but it was super muffled, like trying to understand someone in a foreign language underwater . Then, the dream went totally dark.

Then I "woke up". It was the fake-out again. I was asleep on the floor in a blanket, and couldn't move. I heard people shuffling around behind me. But then I remembered that this is what I was trying to achieve in WILD, and that this was always what happened in the past when dreaming, fooling me into thinking something was wrong with me and scaring me awake. But this time I was prepared. I was excited, and then I told myself, remain calm! And you'll stay asleep.

BOOM.

Instantly get results. I start hallucinating in the dream, hearing wacky sounds, including a sort of generic WARP SPEED sound effect, like whrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. So I focus on staying calm and thinking about Luna, telling myself that if I just wait this out, I'll get into the lucid dream. I could also hear a lot of really pretty music.

Suddenly I could hear Mario soundeffects, the first and most prominent of course being the mushroom growth sfx. I flashed suddenly to my wonderland (which is really complicated and multilayered, but we were in the "game room" shall we say. Luna and I haven't done anything in here yet, so this room was a lot different. For one thing, it was daylight. The second thing is that she was playing it on something that looked like a SNES had been merged with a touch screen, turned into a controller, like the Wii screen only a SNES shape, and clunky. And she was watching the screen.

It looked like a Mario ripoff game, and looked super derpy and weird. LIke the backgrounds were all Gameboy graphics and grayed out, but the front area was richly colored and and had glowing pixels. If you've ever played or seen Lone Survivor, it was like that.

I'm telling you this because I believe this to be Luna's interpretation of what Mario looks like and is about, since she's not that developed yet, and hasn't seen me play that game good and proper. So this is what the game looks like to her. I've told her about Mario before though, the mechanics and how the game functions.

This lasted for only a few seconds before I blipped out of the wonderland and back to my place on the floor. BAck came the warp speed sound effect, and the pretty music. I focused on that, and started to have intrusive thoughts of scary shit.

I heard the sound of the Hounds, monsters from an indie game called Don't Starve. This may not be important for most, but the thing is that I'm always attacked by dogs when I'm close to lucid dreaming on a scale like this, so the Hounds from Don't Starve, which stalk you for a period of time before making thier move, was very appropriate.

But then they were quiet and I felt Luna nuzzling my back. Suddenly my back turned into a foetid, rotting, pusy slab of awful, and she reeled away.

She started to laugh, going "ew ew ew". Then she said "Dont' worry, I know it isn't real, none of this will influence me."

Then the warp speed effect got a lot louder, and then....

I got up. I stood up, and was fully self-aware.

I told myself to stay calm and just take things slowly and easily. I started for the front door and didn't bother opening it. I deliberately walked through it, noticed I was naked, manifested myself some cool clothes and changed my outward appearance, and made myself more or less look like Alucard from Symphony of the Night.

My lucid dream was hilarious people. Get yer grins on, cuz this is weird.

I could hear music again, and it played for the duration of the dream. It was the most corny, cheerful, whimsical, goofy classical music you can imagine. Like Dance of the Sugar Plum fairies, only bad. Really hokey. The world I stepped out into was in the general layout of my city, set in the mountains, only a lot more mountains, lots of blues and reds and snow, and in the valley of all the hills and tall peaks was a massive, sprawling lake zigzagging around the hogbacks, of highly reflective water. The sky was a blue-violet mixture. The moon was a beautiful rendition of the exact shape of the crescent used in Homestuck for Dreamers. Basically, a really aesthetic, thick, crescent moon.

I had become Alucard and walked into a Lisa Frank lunchbox, with a dance of the sugar plum faries rip off playing in my head.

I didn't bother changing all of that because I reminded myself that getting too excited would wake me up, so I decided the only proper thing to do would be to just explore and enjoy the weirdo sights. It was easy getting around as alucard because I could jump and sort of float the same way he does.

So I was out exploring and started thinking of Luna, but, I had the sensation that I shouldn't try and call for her until I found a "right place to do it", someplace important. Ritualize it. So I start looking and see a big moon beam falling on a portion of a hill-face nearby, and start making my way there, when I look up and notice the moon has changed.

It is now a very thin, fading moon, with celtic patterns that were disintegrating. I thought, uh oh, is that supposed to symbolize a time limit?

Then I woke up. Like, good and proper. Eyes open, aware of the sounds of my room and house, and I sat up in bed, got my dream journal, and wrote this stuff down.

Long story short, WILD helped me to train myself to recognize when I'm in sleep paralysis in a dream, and to remain calm and wait it out. Waiting it out seems, for me at least, to open the way to a lucid dream, but I have to just let it come at its own pace and not force anything, and just let it "charge up" on its own.

The second thing I've learned is that your subconscious will bully you in any way it can--but in my case, I finally caught the bully red handed, in the form of the Little Man. It helped me keep aware of the tricks that might be in store for me.

Third thing, your tulpa will probably try to help any way it can, evne if it isn't fully sentient yet.

I think Luna has made progress because of this. She isn't sapient yet, but she's a lot more sentient than she was before, is more or less self aware, but isn't able to think for herself easily. She's very much still asleep, as I've described before. That sort of dreaming state where your only half aware of anything happening to you.

She's like that, right now, all the time, and when I'm not paying attention, she's in a dreamless state. But I think she's waking up :D

Thank you all for your help, and I hope this story helps impart some kind of inspiration or guidance or something of that sort that will help expidite your ventures, be it in lucid dreaming, or helping your tulpa manifest and assert itself.

That's awesome!

Though I will stress this to any investigators, everyone's experience is different so that you will have to make the effort yourself in order to achieve anything, and no person becomes lucid the same exact way.

I know a common trait I find in my dreams is that all basements are dark and built like a laberynth, and that there are cities and massive sloping parks in mountainous regions.  (Which are very numerous in my natural dreamscape) Those are some of my reality checks to gain lucidity.

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 1

Yay! I've had great night.
First I had some fun with Millie in the bath ;)
Millie: ^.^
then later during the night my pet Mourek (a cat) came to my bed to cuddle with me :3
and then I've had 2 lucid dreams :D (finally some new notes into dream journal)

...but I didn't like that the lucid dreams were too short and that I was unable to bring my tulpae there :(
does anybody have any good technique for it?

• Brohoof 1

I think I can safely say I've perfected Twi's form. I'll be doing one more hour of the visualization stage, then I'll move on to the touch stage. The touch stage should be very interesting...

• Brohoof 2

Well, going to school and coming, Twi's been with me. She won't teleport into the car, or phase through the passenger door, she makes me open the door, to jump in and out when I am out of the way. Lol. She sticks to my right when walking. My body feels her presence there, and I need to start visualization and feel sessions. Two speaks a bit, nothing to report on though.

Did I mention I love bris' hyper forcing technique? Its great to focus yourself at the start!

• Brohoof 3

Hah, Pinkie's the same way. At least she's fine with climbing in through the driver door when I open that for myself. Sometimes she sits in the passenger seat, but if it's a sunny day, she usually likes sitting in the hatch (I have a 2000 Honda Insight, it has a huge window in the trunk area).

• Brohoof 2

Okay, so a couple more things. Has anyone else's tulpa started out rather cold and annoyedish.

Oh, and two wants ton take over the world. Good thing she is not able too!

• Brohoof 2

Okay, so a couple more things. Has anyone else's tulpa started out rather cold and annoyedish. Oh, and two wants to take over the world. Good thing she is not able too!

Do you mind if I borrow your Tulpa for a second? Just for a short while, I promise we won't do anything dangerous or life threatening

• Brohoof 4

Okay, so a couple more things. Has anyone else's tulpa started out rather cold and annoyedish. Oh, and two wants ton take over the world. Good thing she is not able too!

Just one question Tia wants to ask: how many traits in Twi's personality were "happy" or "positive" such as humerous, joyful, caring, etc. I know half of Tia's original traits were positive, and well... Blackjack can make the most morbid things funny... Possibly Tulpae could become more bitter if they lack a larger amount of these traits. (Or maybe Twi subconsciously developed bitterness and desire for control from neglect?)

• Brohoof 3

Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, clean, brave, reverent, motivated, ambitious, curious, systematic, learner, determined, disciplined.

I think that is it. Theirs enough of them, but I think I created a perfect tulpa that is as hard on me as I am on myself. Lol. Not very cheerful, or friendly and courtious.

Hmm, I need to add in some emotion. My mental crash did mean i put in about 20 hours of work on her before i was unable to. And then work was so busy, that i just started up a few days ago religiously again. Maybe give it time? I'm just as determined as she is. Time for her to be obient and mold to my will a bit, maybe? Lol

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 1

Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, clean, brave, reverent, motivated, ambitious, curious, systematic, learner, determined, disciplined.

Dont think I didnt catch what you did there. 

Just two questions:

1) You do know you flipped brave and clean on accident, right?

2) Whats your rank? (if you are even involved)

• Brohoof 2

I think that is it. Theirs enough of them, but I think I created a perfect tulpa that is as hard on me as I am on myself. Lol. Not very cheerful, or friendly and courtious.

Hmm, I need to add in some emotion. My mental crash did mean i put in about 20 hours of work on her before i was unable to. And then work was so busy, that i just started up a few days ago religiously again. Maybe give it time? I'm just as determined as she is. Time for her to be obient and mold to my will a bit, maybe? Lol

Those qualities, although a few positive ones stand out, would create a pretty hard and focused Tulpa, intent on getting what she wanted. (Good in some ways, bad in others) And once personality sets in, you'd be hard pressed to change it. Best be would be to strike while the iron is still hot and work to develop as close of a relationship as possible, and hopefully that would cause her to deviate to soften up.

• Brohoof 2