Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Right, so i'll give this a shot. 

I've had an imaginary friend for a while now, since I was a kid in fact (I'm 18 now, I think that makes about 12 years?) 

And he has become somewhat...sentient. He has no physical form, and no real voice, I just talk to him every now and again tongue.png

Anyway - im not saying Tulpa's are an imaginary friend, i've spent the past week looking them up and looking into them, and it sounds really interesting and like something I can really get behind and would enjoy. There's just one question I have...where do I start? 

Basically what im doing is writing down my day by day workings so I can easily keep track of it all, but i'm not sure what I should be doing to tulpaforce. Should I sit and meditate on it? I can meditate if I need to, I have done for years now, but that's about clearing my mind, not forcing something into it. 

Or should I just imagine my Tulpa around during the normal daily routine? So say...would I sit here and imagine them at the side of me or something? (Quite how that would work I dont know, given my setup) 

Forgive me if this has already been Q&A'd in the thread, but I dont think I can read through 132 pages and not smash my head with a pint glass at some point. 

Do whatever you want to do to tulpaforce. A lot of people would advise narrating (talking to your tulpa about anything and everything) whenever you are not doing active forcing. You should always try to set aside some time in your day (up to an hour or more *though not neccessarily in one sitting*) to sit down and do some active forcing.

Narrating (a form of passive forcing) is simple to do and can be done whenever and wherever you are. All you really have to do is talk TO your tulpa, direct your thoughts to them. What you talk about is up to you and it doesn't matter what you talk to them about. You can describe your area, what you're doing, why you're doing it, all that matters is that you're keeping focus on them.

For active forcing, most experienced mancers here would say for you to sit down (open-eyed or closed, doesn't matter, solely based on preference) and imagine your tulpa. What you do when you ARE imagining them is up to you, whether you want to work on their personality, visual, etc. Active forcing is actually interacting with your tulpa. From what I've read, 40+ minutes is the preferred amount of time you should try to force (any less and you MIGHT not immerse yourself or get deep enough into the force), however, doing multiple sessions of say 10-20 minutes (if that's more suitable for you due to incompatibilities to focus for that long or due to your daily schedule) is just as good.

If you are completely serious in taking on this mental endeavor, I'd tell you to head over to this link and reading as many guides as you can, and possible looking through the Q/A sub forum if you want to know something or have a question (course you could always come here for help as well, the people here *and tulpa* are very nice wink.png )

• Brohoof 2

-snip-

Hmm, so basically it's just diverting attention to your tulpa at all times...that makes...a lot more sense than I thought, actually. 

I think i'll have to give both a shot, set aside an hour a day to actively force it, but keep it actively in my mind at all other times. 

The only thing im not comfy with is actually talking to it...would I actually have to talk or would it be through my thoughts? 

I think it's at the beginning of this thread about mentally speaking to your tulpa, not actually talking-talking. 

I've dissected FAQ mans guide about 5 times now, scoured everything I can from it, I dont think I can do much more reading lol

Hmm, so basically it's just diverting attention to your tulpa at all times...that makes...a lot more sense than I thought, actually. 

I think i'll have to give both a shot, set aside an hour a day to actively force it, but keep it actively in my mind at all other times. 

The only thing im not comfy with is actually talking to it...would I actually have to talk or would it be through my thoughts? 

I think it's at the beginning of this thread about mentally speaking to your tulpa, not actually talking-talking. 

I've dissected FAQ mans guide about 5 times now, scoured everything I can from it, I dont think I can do much more reading lol

You don't have to talk out loud if you don't want to, or can't due to environment. This (like most things about tulpaforcing) is also of preference. You can mumble, talk aloud, or simply send your thoughts to 'em, as long as the intent in that your thoughts are FOR them.

As for guides, I wouldn't recommend FAQ_mans guide as it is very outdated and there are many better guides out there (although it does work as a decent base to get started as it is descriptive. Though the hour counts are the horrible part of the guide). The more guides/Q/A's you read, the easier it could be for you to find what works best for you. Since tulpa creation varies from person to person, all the guides you read, (should you read) should only be taken as guidelines and not followed exactly as written.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, alright, i'll check out some other guides tomorrow, I think i'll get started on a bit of meditation and tulpaforcing tonight (may as well, right?) then fall asleep at some point...

It's not so much talking to my Tulpa that I dont want to do, I mean...I talk out loud to the presence I mentioned earlier all the time, sometimes when i'm around other people too, it's just the things I would have to be saying and most likely be around other people that  put me off, so I think i'll stick to thoughts for now. 

Thanks for the tips, and the quick responses, hopefully I can set my mind on this enough to actually get it done, it does seem really interesting and it will be great to see how this turns out, especially reading peoples Tulpa's comments on here. (Not going to lie though, it does seem a tad strange that the Tulpa's are talking here - I mean...how exactly do they talk if they can't physically interact with the world? I guess people would just listen to them and type for them...)

(edited)
Like Qi and my meridian lines, Christian Theology, and crossfit.

You need help with those? I think you can find some documents about Qi in the Internet (no matter how rare, there must be a generous martial artist who posted one), but I highly doubt you can find any document about how to open the gates and get full awareness. That link I gave you is only about physical meridian for medical purpose (and killing), but not spiritually.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

I have greatly annoyed Luna across the past week between putting less time than I would like into her and reading a fanfic that called princess Luna 'Luna' often and just generally being lazy wheb it comes to thought hasn't helped fix those problems

But now I should have normal amounts of free time so I can talk to Luna more

I think Luna had a good laugh when it was 30 degrees and I was trying to sleep in the worst insulating sleeping bag on the planet though (only day in the rest of the year until August that it gets that cold and I'm camping)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Alright, after going over some tutorials, I think I'm going to use my old "empty orb" method to force. Plus, I have a ponysona I'm more comfortable with now, so that should make wonderland time easier.

First force session, then sleep! Wish me luck! :3

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

AGHHHHH. Sorry, just wanted a nice opener. Anyhoo, A while ago I began practicing possession with Sarah and Riz. We've had drawing contests that last until 3:00 in the morning and it's always been great fun. It started out with just Sarah, and as it turns out she's right handed, while I'm left handed. So we would just draw with a pen in each hand. Since I have 2 tulpae, it's kinda hard to exculde the other, so Riz joined in. Turns out she's left handed, like me. so I'll just be siting there, pen in each hand not even drawing my own thing. One night, while drawing with Sarah, she cracked a good joke, so naturally, I high fived her, only to realize shortly after that I just high fived my own hand. Just thought I'd share all this. Might upload scans of our notebook later.

*Edit* Forgot to mention, all of our "art" is utterly horrendous. I do not believe I'll be uploading any of it. Unless someone WANTS to see, in which case I'll show them outside the thread, so just ask if you want. 

Edited by cannodan000
  • Brohoof 1

I am sorry to everyone if I have seemed a little depressing! I am happy to say though that I have had some exciting change! For the first time my tulpa was able to be self aware without me trying to pay attention to her.

It was in a dream and she suddenly started speaking to me! This is totally different from my experiences in the past with dreams where I'd go looking for her only to wake up. She also remembered everything in the dream surrounding when she started speaking, which is good. She has no recollection of anything that I don't narrate to her about, normally. This is the first time she has shown sentience without my help :3

Although as far as deviating from what I expected her to be like this is kind of odd and humorous.

Luna likes Luigi from the mario games :o Luigi was in my dream being an underdog and for some reason Luna took a liking to him and interjected herself into the dream to observe and comment. She thinks that Luigi is to Mario as she is to Celestia x3. What a funny comparison but now she thinks Luigi is cute :o

(edited)

Made a few tulpaforcing decisions that should make the process a bit easier.

- No wonderland yet. Just black space and the orb.

- I'm no longer going to try to work my hooves into my mental picture while forcing. My strategy used to involve trying to have traits infusing into the tulpa from my mindform's hands/hooves, but that was just too tempting to go into third person. So I'm just going to imagine the orb and traits flowing into it from the space around it.

I'll just deal with my own mindform later.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

I gotta say this is some tricky stuff. 

Course i've not been doing it long but it's incredibly difficult - especially given the fact that I read, draw and write often, I cannot seem to focus long enough to start visualising.

The other day I tried the black void method with the orbs, that didn't even come close. Then later that day I just went straight in and tried visualising just the orb over my surroundings, that worked a little better. Eventually I decided to get going with the wonderland, I tried doing this while I was lying in bed - I just got finished making the main layout of the wonderland and then I woke up...

I gotta be missing something here, I just dont think i'm cut out for focusing on my own brain :P 

Still, not gonna give up...I keep re-reading the guides and making my own simplified notes for quick reminders and I think that's helping. I can at least now ignore my own vision, even if nothing else. 

Also - question, if someone doesn't mind me bugging them for a second. 

I see a lot of guides that say you need to "walk around and feel" your Tulpa...does this mean LITERALLY get up and walk around while imagining you are elsewhere (take the wonderland for example) and actually put your arms out to imagine yourself "feeling" your Tulpa, or do you just visualise yourself doing these things? 

(edited)

I am 100% sure that most of you in this thread completely missed the whole point of having a tulpa in the first place. They have their own thoughts and emotions, it's not something you make out of boredom, it's more personal and deep then that. Not only that, but they are free to make their own decisions once they are formed, so if you start believing you have full control over them, you would be completely wrong.

Making them because you "want a pony" is one of the most selfish things to do, and once they are formed, try explaining to them that that is the purpose of their existence, your amusement. That is just a jerk move.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 9

I am 100% sure that most of you in this thread completely missed the whole point of having a tulpa in the first place. They have their own thoughts and emotions, it's not something you make out of boredom, it's more personal and deep then that. Not only that, but they are free to make their own decisions once they are formed, so if you start believing you have full control over them, you would be completely wrong.

Making them because you "want a pony" is one of the most selfish things to do, and once they are formed, try explaining to them that that is the purpose of their existence, your amusement. That is just a jerk move.

Completely agree. People who make them just because they sound "cool to have" wouldn't really experience or appreciate the true nature of a tulpa. Making a tulpa is a life-long commitment (sort of like marriage except the divorce is a bit more complicated and you sort of have more choices *to an extent* of who your tulpa can be :P)and can sometimes be a bit harmful to your mental health.

It'd be best for new people who are "interested" in making a tulpa read this post here from the Tulpa forum before they start to delve into the process.

I guess it's only my perspective, and, admittedly, I'm probably just posting in hopes to justify my motives for tulpa creation, but I always saw the purpose of a person's existence as to be happy and share happiness. Because happiness is rad. And since I wouldn't differentiate between a human and a tulpa's purpose, my goal has become our goal - providing a better purpose for life doesn't pop up. Back massages are a bonus. To me, Tulpae seem like the embodiment of the pursuit of Will Smith happiness.

Besides the bland one that MGS1 taught me about passing on genes, I never thought of any other reason for living, though I'd be interested in hearing alternate views.

Welp, I think that's me done, back to the shadows of revising, narrating and waiting for the freaking toilet to unblock itself. 

I guess it's only my perspective, and, admittedly, I'm probably just posting in hopes to justify my motives for tulpa creation, but I always saw the purpose of a person's existence as to be happy and share happiness. Because happiness is rad. And since I wouldn't differentiate between a human and a tulpa's purpose, my goal has become our goal - providing a better purpose for life doesn't pop up. Back massages are a bonus. To me, Tulpae seem like the embodiment of the pursuit of Will Smith happiness.

Besides the bland one that MGS1 taught me about passing on genes, I never thought of any other reason for living, though I'd be interested in hearing alternate views.

Welp, I think that's me done, back to the shadows of revising, narrating and waiting for the freaking toilet to unblock itself. 

You shouldn't feel like you have to justify anything, especially not something you feel like doing. 

I'm not getting into a song and dance about this, im just going to say that we all have our reasons for wanting to try new things, some of us might not have a total understanding of what we're going for, but that's to be found out later. 

You need to experience things so you can learn from them, in my opinion. 

• Brohoof 4

You shouldn't feel like you have to justify anything, especially not something you feel like doing. 

I'm not getting into a song and dance about this, im just going to say that we all have our reasons for wanting to try new things, some of us might not have a total understanding of what we're going for, but that's to be found out later. 

You need to experience things so you can learn from them, in my opinion. 

I'll admit, I was half-hearted and selfish when I began my journey into the realm of Tulpae.  However, quickly I realized the permanence and individuality of them when Tia, my first, became sentient.  Her original purpose was to be a companion, not to replace socializing with reality itself, but to learn to advance to become more sociable.  She fulfilled this role somewhat.  Resigning herself to be a simple companion with advice.  Then as we became closer, the true realization of what a Tulpa was hit me, and there I decided to remain dedicated.

Anyone can try to make a Tulpa for half-hearted, selfish reasons, however, once the realization of what you are creating hits you, then that truly decides whether or not you want to continue with a renewed understanding, or abandon their efforts.  So let this stand as advice to newcomers: Tulpae are serious business.  If you don't feel so now, you will later on when they actually begin to form, if you're dedicated enough to do so.  Then you will have to face that crossroads; the decision that determines whether or not you wish to have such a companion for a long part of your life, or turn away while you can without any of the significant emotional damage and regret that banishing a full-fledged Tulpa would do.

• Brohoof 4

I'll admit, I was half-hearted and selfish when I began my journey into the realm of Tulpae.  However, quickly I realized the permanence and individuality of them when Tia, my first, became sentient.  Her original purpose was to be a companion, not to replace socializing with reality itself, but to learn to advance to become more sociable.  She fulfilled this role somewhat.  Resigning herself to be a simple companion with advice.  Then as we became closer, the true realization of what a Tulpa was hit me, and there I decided to remain dedicated.

Anyone can try to make a Tulpa for half-hearted, selfish reasons, however, once the realization of what you are creating hits you, then that truly decides whether or not you want to continue with a renewed understanding, or abandon their efforts.  So let this stand as advice to newcomers: Tulpae are serious business.  If you don't feel so now, you will later on when they actually begin to form, if you're dedicated enough to do so.  Then you will have to face that crossroads; the decision that determines whether or not you wish to have such a companion for a long part of your life, or turn away while you can without any of the significant emotional damage and regret that banishing a full-fledged Tulpa would do.

Agreed - while im only early in the process myself, I have given it several days of thought beforehand about just why I was making a Tulpa - admitted my reasons where selfish at first, in fact much like your own. Now however, my reasons have changed, along with my understanding of the life-long effects. 

I think we where all a little naive and selfish at first...

• Brohoof 1

Hey again! I have picked up Tulpamancy after a week or two of neglection (but on and off talking), and so far, Twilight has given in full boost to her training!

For one, she cuddles me a bit (which I can feel just a bit, like a light breeze on certain spots on your body), and sleeps in my tiny bed now. She took up the entire pillow though, not fun.

I usually brush my teeth, but that one night when the cuddles started, I was too tired to care. Twi wanted me to brush anyways. I laughed it off, and said, "If you can lift my right arm up I'll spend the rest of tomorrow working on you." Surprisingly enough, I heard her struggling to try, and my wrist had the weirdest vibration. I congratulated her on her attempt and brushed my teeth, and slept.

So far so amazing!

• Brohoof 4

well... i've kinda regretted not even starting my tulpa octavia like i wanted, and now, i probably won't even try to make her. but, i'm not giving up on making a tulpa, i'm just changing who and what i want to make. instead of the usual pony fare that's usually made here, i'm planning on making a gardevoir tulpa. i feel, for some reason, it might be easier for me.

• Brohoof 2

Hey again! I have picked up Tulpamancy after a week or two of neglection (but on and off talking), and so far, Twilight has given in full boost to her training!

For one, she cuddles me a bit (which I can feel just a bit, like a light breeze on certain spots on your body), and sleeps in my tiny bed now. She took up the entire pillow though, not fun.

I usually brush my teeth, but that one night when the cuddles started, I was too tired to care. Twi wanted me to brush anyways. I laughed it off, and said, "If you can lift my right arm up I'll spend the rest of tomorrow working on you." Surprisingly enough, I heard her struggling to try, and my wrist had the weirdest vibration. I congratulated her on her attempt and brushed my teeth, and slept.

So far so amazing!

Heh, if you think that sleeping next to one Tulpa on a bed is strange and troubling, imagine three.  One of whom is six feet tall.

It's all legs.  Tia's puny when lying down.

Not as puny as your midget horn.

*ahem* But anyway, imagine a twin sized bed, average sized male sleeping on it.  Tia at my right, head and front legs on my chest, one of her back legs hanging off the edge, Blackjack's back legs over my neck or on my pillow, one or both front legs hanging off the left edge of the bed, and Murky curled up over my legs as I go to sleep.  Then, when I wake up, Tia's laying horizontally across my stomach, Blackjack's on my face, and Murky's under my arm.  I should count myself lucky that my Tulpa aren't physical beings or else I might not get any sleep!

Also Blackjack snores.

I do not!

How can you tell?  You're asleep when you snore.

Well I....  Good point.

well... i've kinda regretted not even starting my tulpa octavia like i wanted, and now, i probably won't even try to make her. but, i'm not giving up on making a tulpa, i'm just changing who and what i want to make. instead of the usual pony fare that's usually made here, i'm planning on making a gardevoir tulpa. i feel, for some reason, it might be easier for me.

Go for it!  It'd be nice to see Tulpae other than ponies here as well.

Just make sure that Gardevoir isn't male.  Hehehe...

*in the distance, several slapping noises are heard along with pained, pleading whines*

• Brohoof 2

i'm afraid to know what those whines are for...

but yes, gardevoir will be a "she." not for stupid, bad reasons, but just because most people think that they sound more normal if they're a female. so, yeah, she's a she.

Glad i'm not the only one going away from the "Pony Tulpa" thing happening :L 

I'm forcing a Sangheili Zealot Tulpa, but I seem to have hit a brick wall at the minute. I dont visualize him as much as I do imagine him, and when i'm parroting, it's like im just pretending to be able to see him move, I dont actually see it...that's the best way I can explain anyway :3

@@Brisineo, Lol, BJ and Tia, I love you guys. 

Well, Things are movign back to normal. Twi and Reales are more active finally. I am glad school is done.

Not entirely.

Whatever. Anyway, I really need to connect with Orson, and write, which he is built to help me write, so yeah. I need time, I will have time, once I knock out the incomplete.

I woke up early today and couldn't get back to sleep so I thought I'd work on Luna

After about 5 minutes she started to sing eye of the tiger in a strange voice not to far from my mp3 file

It was quite a surprise especially when she skipped the best part because she doesn't think it's important *small argument*

After that she said that she didn't want a physical form (mainly because she likes to change voice and appearance and the wonderland rapidly to annoy me in various ways)

(edited)

That's an interesting point. 

I'll admit that I myself started out a little naive and selfish. I spent about two days thinking about making a tulpa, but truthfully  from the first moment I heard about them I already knew I was going to make one, for various reasons but mainly curiosity; the desire to learn more about them, about my own mind, and also whether or not I could do it. And besides, why not make a new friend and companion?

Then, as I began to force and know Phoenix, it became less about making myself a companion and more about just trying to let her "live". Because if anyone deserved to exist, it was my Phe.

Aww, you can be sweet when you want to be.

You know I'm adorable. So, after the split I became a little more wary, and I'll admit I neglected Phoenix and Nathaniel for a little while - just passive forcing during the day rather than having a full-on active session (at least they seem to be speaking up a bit more during the day, even if  it's just the odd comment, without me focusing on them) although I'm starting regular active forcing sessions again. Honestly, I don't think I could give up my tuppers. The idea of erasing one has always felt a little too close to murder for me, but now...

We're like a family.

Yeah.

(Nathaniel's being pretty quiet - aside from a brief conversation we just had about how, if we ever spar, he doesn't want to use swords - but he's listening as always).

Edited by Ano170