Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should some background characters have their own episodes?

justyouraveragebrony

I don't real see why not, but I'm still waiting for Scootaloo to have her own episode.

I'd love to have an episode focusing on Dash developing a more sisterly-like relationship with Scoot ^^ Maybe even helping her try to learn how to fly.

I wouldn't mind it for an episode or two, evenly spaced throughout the season, but I wouldn't want it to be a big thing all of the sudden. Background ponies are background ponies to me, and the majority of the time should be spent accordingly to the main and side characters, imo.

• Brohoof 2

I'd love to have an episode focusing on Dash developing a more sisterly-like relationship with Scoot ^^ Maybe even helping her try to learn how to fly.

I wouldn't mind it for an episode or two, evenly spaced throughout the season, but I wouldn't want it to be a big thing all of the sudden. Background ponies are background ponies to me, and the majority of the time should be spent accordingly to the main and side characters, imo.

I agree, I would have said have one episode about Derpy, but we all know what happened the last time see was "Derpy"

P.S. She is still Derpy Hooves to me. :)

• Brohoof 1

The way I meant was for some of them to be more included, not totally focused on one pony.

@Titan Rising with her original voice

I think they should remake her voice again, only cause it was a mess up in the first place. Only make it with more personality than they did the second time.

How about the season openers, were background characters wield the elements of harmony? (supreme awesomeness)

Why?

Because the mane 6 are too manestream!

• Brohoof 1

Definitely since it would help flesh out some of the more obscure characters in the show. You know what would make it even better? that it was in the style of "Pulp Fiction", where the stories intertwine to tell a single story.

The only background character that should get a piece of the spotlight, should be Scootaloo. I'm pretty sure there will be an episode that would focus on her in some point in season 3, she deserves it than any background pony imo. Think about it, Sweetie Belle was recognized more in "Sisterhood Social," Apple Bloom gotten recognition for "The Cutie Pox" and even helping her own brother fall in love in "Hearts and Hooves Day." That leaves Scootaloo, without getting the same recognition that the two members of the "Cutie Mark Crusaders" have gotten. I think she deserves her own episode.

I think it would be nice to have a few BG pony episodes, as long as they know how to do it without going overboard like some series tend to do.

(edited)

I don't real see why not, but I'm still waiting for Scootaloo to have her own episode.

Scootaloo's more of a secondary character than a background pony, which, to me, give him a little more reason to have an episode featuring her. I also want to see this to.

As for backgrounds...not really. They haven't really done much on the show other than show up.

Edited by Crystal Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldnt want a whole episode because it would take away mane 6 episodes. But something like the derpy part in The Last Roundup would be good!

BTW, im kinda confused. Some people call her Vinyl Scratch and some Dj-Pon-3. (the fans named her Dj-Pon-3 and they even said it in Equestria Girls) which is it? I usually call her Dj Pon-3 cause they said that. (sorry for off topic randomness)

...I'm not sure about their own episodes, as I like the focus on the Mane 6, but I would love to see some of the more beloved feature in the main plots. I love the idea of, say, Doctor Whooves performing a kooky experiment that goes wrong, and Twilight Sparkle helps him do... doctor... things? Okay, so I'm not so good at coming up with these ideas myself, but I have every faith that the writers of the show can! :lol: