Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bounties and Video Games, 1x1 with Dynamo Pad

Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"Really...?" Dynamo blinked in surprise. "...I mean, I remember my mother telling me stories about unicorns with curved horns. Granted, it was a story about my favorite legend, Mistmane, but I only thought it was just a legend of sorts. That, and even if the legend was true, then I never knew there were still some unicorns like that still existed. It would be cool to meet them one day."

"That's still pretty interesting, if you ask me. I guess pony-dragon hybrids, along with other creatures might not have a cutie mark, as well. That would mean that any sort of talent and/or future is achievable. You wouldn't have to be stuck having one talent that you'd be known for. To be fair, I do like the cutie mark I have for video games, but that still sounds pretty neat..." Dynamo smiled at the friendly tone. He was taken aback from what she had said, but her friendly tone was still present. The blue unicorn had a lot to learn, but he was starting to see that she didn't mean anything in a bad way. "...I think I see what you mean. While you don't know your real folks, you still have parents that love you for who you are. It's better to have what you have, instead of not having anything at all. Is there anything else you'd like to talk about? The same can be said about asking me anything. I'd like to get to know you more." The blue unicorn started walking around the arcade. Making sure that the games were still up and running, before he decided to head over to any available games to play.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember gave Dynamo a curious look "You want to know me more?..." she seemed to really be surprised by that "...I didn't see that coming..." she followed him as he started checking the games "...and no, I don't really have any specific topics in mind, nor do I currently have any specific questions either, but I assume you still have something you want to know since you said you want to know me more..." she then gave a slightly humorous grin as she continued "...but remember, if you go too personal, I expect you to buy me a dinner, at least." she would pay extra attention to Dynamo's reaction after the joke, because she wanted to know if the praise earlier and the sudden interest towards her were just part of his personality or if there was something more. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

At the mention of getting to know the pony-dragon hybrid more, as well as surprising her had caused Dynamo to nod and chuckle. "Of course. I mean, yeah. You were trying to hunt me as it's your job of being a bounty hunter. Seeing as how it was all a misunderstanding, I can imagine we could try and get to know each other a bit more. I even caught a bounty hunter off guard? Huh. I was always told I can be random and surprising. I didn't think what others had said was true, until now..." He grinned sheepishly, tilting his head as he tried to think of anything. "...That's a shame. I meant more along the lines of anything specific. Such as likes, dislikes, maybe favorite color, hobbies and such. I know you work as a bounty hunter, but I can imagine you have a personal life outside of your job, right? One thing I do wonder is do you eat the same things that ponies eat, or do you mostly eat gems? If not, then I can imagine both can be a third option..." He raised an eyebrow at her humorous tone and grin, before smirking playfully at Ember.

"...Buy you dinner, huh? Well, if I didn't know any better, then I assume that you were asking me out to dinner. To be honest, I wouldn't say no. It's just that was a little out of the blue. No pun intended of course. It's all about a certain time and place for a date, or something like that." He spoke in a somewhat joking tone, but he did mean what he said. He had to admit that Ember was pretty, but he didn't know if she had a special someone, or if dating was possible, due to her profession. He stopped walking as they had reached a bunch of arcade machines that were stationed around them. Smirking once more and looking around to make sure nobody else had been playing, the blue unicorn had begun to multitask as he played each game that was around them.

@Dynamo Pad
"When it comes to things like likes and dislikes, you need to be more specific, and like the latter examples, I'd say it would fit more face to face conversation over a coffee or something instead of this..." Ember said casually "...but for my diet, I'm omnivore, but for simplicity sake I eat same things as ponies..." she then grinned humorously "....And no, I didn't ask you out to a dinner, I just stated that if we are getting personal, you better ask me for a one...." she then dropped the humor and continued normally "...but in all seriousness, I wasn't fully joking, because I really think that if you really want the we get to know each other better, we should probably agree on place and time to meet for that purpose.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Huh. I never would have thought about being specific when it involves likes and dislikes. Although, I guess it depends as there can be more than one favorite color, or favorite food, or something along those lines. Perhaps it would be better to get to know one another over coffee or something to eat, instead of video games. Knowing me, I'd probably be too focused to win at a game and then forget what I'm trying to talk about..." He chuckled, smiling sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck with his hoof. "...Thanks for letting me know about that. I wasn't sure if the pony or dragon side of you was more prominent than the other. In other words, I wasn't sure if your more in tune to eating pony cuisine or eating gems. Glad to know that isn't the case. Although, do you ever add gems to your food from time to time...?" He blinked a couple of times at the mention of asking her to dinner, before listening to the rest of her response.

"...Well, if that's the case, then I should do this properly. If it's okay with you, then would you like to go out and get some dinner sometime, Miss Ember? You seem pretty nice and I'd like to get to know you. All I can say is what place should we go to eat and/or the time. I know there are some good restaurants around Ponyville, but it depends if it's regular restaurants, or something fancy. Also, do you have a preference on time? Given your job as a bounty hunter. I'm not entirely sure if you have a job to complete every day, or if there's a task/job every other day." He smiled, placing a hoof to his chin as he went over the specifics of the dinner plans. He then looked around to make sure there wasn't any trouble, while waiting patiently to see what Ember would say.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Firstly, no, I don't add gems, it seems unnecessary to me and gems also cost extra..." Ember started "...second, please, there's no need to call me miss, it kinda has negative allusions for me, I might explain more later, just call me Ember, and don't apologize, you couldn't know..." she had figured out what type of pony Dynamo was, so she eliminated any questions or apologizes she felt like he was going to say if she didn't "...And lastly, of course, i wouldn't tell you to do it if I was going to refuse, and place doesn't really matter, though I'd say something regular would be better for this type of thing, also, time is fully up to you, I'm my own boss, and I decide when and how much I work, and I have no plans for any specific time."  

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo blinked in surprise at Ember's response to not adding gems. He even raised an eyebrow at the mention of not calling her miss. He didn't understand why, at first. However, she told him that she might explain about the reasoning later. "That's pretty interesting and I'm kind of surprised. I was always told that some dragons had a small hoard of gems if they ever wanted to have a snack or have a sort of gem collection. I know there are two dragons that are living in Ponyville. Well, one lives in Ponyville, while the other goes to Princess Twilight's Friendship school. I heard that they had mentioned about their ideas on how to have a gem hoard. I guess all dragons have a different view on the subject..." He shrugged his shoulders. "...I understand and okay. I won't apologize, but I am curious of the reason. I won't constantly bombard you with questions, until you tell me the answer. Just tell me when you are comfortable and ready to talk about it. There are some times in one's past that we don't like to talk about or bring up..." He smiled with a nod as he stepped away from the arcade machines he had played games on. He looked over to the time on the wall to see it was still early, but nearly mid afternoon. "...True and okay. I have a few places in mind, but we can go look around to see if there's a place to eat that we can agree on. I'd like to take your opinion and feelings into account. Maybe we can go and get some dinner tonight, after my shift is over. I also didn't know that you were your own boss. I would have thought you had someone that acts as the leader of some bounty hunter organization of sorts."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember could have reminded Dynamo that she wasn't a dragon, but a half dragon, which made a pretty big difference, but she 
didn't, she didn't want to get annoying by pointing out everything there was to point out. "The miss thing isn't actually anything I don't want to talk about, I just feel like this isn't the time and place to discuss it due to the topic it is related to..." She informed "...And tonight works well...." she seemed bit amused when Dynamo mentioned organization "....And lastly, there's no such things as bounty hunter organizations, that wouldn't even make sense, we do what we do for money, why would we want to share it with someone who doesn't do the dirty work?"

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"The topic it is related to? I get the whole time and place as right now, we are at an arcade. With all these gamer's here playing video games, I can imagine it's not the right time to discuss other things. Although, I'm kind of confused on the related part..." He closed his eyes as he was feeling confused, but shook his head as he tried not to worry about it. "...I guess I'll learn later during dinner, or when it's necessary to talk about that topic. So, dinner tonight it is, then..." He blinked a couple of times in surprise as Ember continued to describe about her job. "...Seriously? I don't know. I feel like it made a lot of sense in my mind. Although, I guess I can be wrong since I'm not a bounty hunter. So, what do I know...?" He shrugged his shoulders and chuckled. "...I guess the only reason I thought of it that way was because of how you get the jobs. I know you said you all do what you do for money and you pick your jobs. It just makes me wonder how you acquire your clients and find/pick your targets. It would be interesting to talk about over dinner. Since we can have a lot to discuss on certain things." He says, starting to make his way back around the main area of the arcade to continue working. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I can already tell that about acquiring clients and finding targets you won't be hearing too much, all I'll say is that I have my ways, but we I may elaborate on the reasons why I choose who I do...." Ember responded "....but that's a possible topic for later, there's something I want to ask you now...." there was a one thing she hadn't managed to figure out yet "...when I first arrived, did you really think I was some kind of a game character, or was that just some weird reaction to danger?"

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"That makes sense since it's literally giving out information about how a bounty hunter works. You'd have to swear the one being told into secrecy, while also worrying if they will tell others or not. Given if anyone would believe in what they are saying, or they're just spouting nonsense. I don't doubt you when you say you have your ways. You were able to find me very easily and I can imagine you gained a good amount of intel about me..." Dynamo responded, nodding at the topic for later. "...That sounds okay to me. You don't have to tell me as it might be private information. If you do say, then you have my word that I won't say anything. I've had to keep quiet on certain gaming secrets that other professional gamer's might find unbelievable. Although, that's what my boss/teacher once told me when I started working under his apprenticeship..." He raised an eyebrow on the question, before finding out what said question was. Upon listening, he blushed slightly in embarrassment, while giving Ember a sheepish smile. "Would you be angry, or take it as a compliment that I'd say the former? I've always had this idea that the gaming world exists as another dimension. Along with the idea that anyone can possibly go there one day. I remember playing the game, Skyrim, a while ago. You can choose from different races and classes of characters, while gaining all these kind of abilities. In the end, I think it's all about being the chosen one and being known as the Dovakin. The armor you wore looked just like the armor in the game. Along with the horns and everything, I had honestly though you were from the game."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember looked...neutral "I don't actually know how I feel about it, I mean, to be frank, it is kinda weird, but at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if a actual character from a game walked past me, because...well, let's just say I have seen lot of magic, so I don't blame you for thinking that, especially considering what I know about you..." she knew that would probably raise some questions for Dynamo, but she didn't see the reason to lie, as he had acknowledged the fact that she most likely knew more about him than he had told her "...but I'm not angry that's for sure, and I don't necessary see it as compliment either since it was more about my armor than me."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

The look of worry was present in Dynamo's eyes as he waited for Ember's response. He could feel a bead of sweat trickle down his face as her expression looked neutral. As she began to explain, Dynamo had sighed in relief, but he frowned slightly as he understood her blunt honesty. "As long as it's not in any sort of offense of what I was thinking of the game reference, then I guess that's okay. I want to apologize if I had said anything wrong, but I guess an apology isn't really necessary. Considering that you didn't say you were mad or anything along those lines..." "...I guess my train of thought is somewhat weird, but sometimes an idea from a video game is usually the first thing that forms in my mind..." He blinked a couple of times in surprise to her magic comment. "...D-Do you mean that magic from a video game could actually exist!? Oh, I have to tell Button about that. He's going to freak and he might not even believe me..."

He grinned gleefully as he wanted to go find his boss, but he stopped as he recalled the last part of Ember's response. He slowly turned around to face her as he tilted his head. "...So, you do know a lot about me that I might not even know about. Is it not a good idea to still get dinner and get to know each other? I can only guess that it depends on how much that you do know about me. Also, I'd see the armor comment as a compliment. I think there's an old saying that the dress makes the pony, or in this case. The armor makes the pony, if that makes sense. Plus, if I can be honest, then I thought you looked really awesome in that armor." He blushed slightly as that wasn't all he wanted to say. He admitted to himself that she did, indeed, looked pretty. Seeing Ember without the armor made him think that she was both pretty and awesome. However, he didn't want to say anything about that yet.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I'm not saying that magic from games exists, what i'm saying is that with the right knowledge and enough magic it would probably be possible to replicate things from video games..." Ember corrected "...magic has endless potential, someone just needs to find it...." she looked like she had been expecting the comment about her knowledge of Dynamo "...and for what I know about you, I may know a lot about you, but I don't know you, you can't know what someone is like only based on information about them, you can make assumptions, but you can't truly know someone if you don't interact with them." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hmm...I never really thought of it that way. I've seen others at conventions, who try to replicate weapons that are seen in video games. I never would have thought of using magic to try and replicate something from a video game. That's both brilliant and really cool..." Dynamo smiled and nodded at Ember's correction. "...My gamertag has a meaning towards it called 'Hidden Potential.' I just hope that endless potential is something I come across someday..." "...I guess one could argue about that. You may think you have everything you need to know about the person, but then you realize there's something one may have overlooked. Something along the lines of knowing someone and thinking that they are nice, but then you see them for their true colors..." He frowned and looked towards the ground. "...I only know that because those bullies were nice at the beginning, but then they started to change and were simply cruel and unreasonable..." He sighed, shaking his head as he raised his head to turn his attention back to Ember. "...The same can be said in other ways. You might find out that the individual is rude, or anything else bad. However, maybe there's something special about them that they don't want to show to others. Making them a sort of diamond in the rough. I just hope we can try and get to know each other well."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember just nodded, not having anything to add to that, though she did realize something "I just realized, we didn't actually decide a specific time for the dinner, tonight after your work is pretty big time-frame..." she wasn't most likely going to hang out at the arcade the whole time until then so she needed to know the exact time "...and also, since we don't have specific place either, do we meet here or at your house?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As they neared the front desk of the arcade, Dynamo stopped in his tracks and blinked a couple of times. "Huh...I don't think we decided on a time. I guess it would matter as it could be right after work, or an hour, or even later into the evening. That's my bad as I guess I didn't think that far in advance. Usually, I try to think of a plan, before acting on it. Otherwise, I'll forget something very important and would have to go retrace my steps..." He chuckled, running a hoof through his mane in embarrassment. "...How about an hour after I get done work. I should be finished up working in just a couple of minutes. Also, let's meet at the arcade. My house is down the block, but the arcade is much closer to the main square of town. How does that sound?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember nodded "That works and..." she then thought about something for a moment "...Well, I guess I see you then, I have few things I have to do at home and the sounds of the arcade are making my bird nervous." the crow was still sitting quietly in her mane, but it was looking around it pretty rabidly. Ember would then make her way out of the arcade, and when she returned at agreed time, only thing that had changed was that she was now carrying a small pouch of seeds with her, and the crow, that was still in her mane, was looking at the bag now and then. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As he listened to Ember's response, the blue unicorn kept his eyes on the surrounding arcade machines. He wanted to make sure that there wasn't any trouble to disputes, but he also made sure to pay attention to the dragon-pony hybrid. As she suddenly stopped speaking, Dynamo quickly turned back to Ember. "Hey. Is everything okay...?" He raised his eyebrows in concern, before being told that she had to leave. At the mention of her her crow, Dynamo noticed the bird was looking around very quickly. It was probably due to all the random arcade machine noises and cheering from the crowds. "...Oh. Well, okay then. I have to stay for a little bit longer, before I have to leave. I'll still be here to meet up with you in about an hour. I'll see you then and I hope your crow feels better." He waved to Ember as she started making her way out of the arcade. 

As the minutes went by, Dynamo had finished going over the machines, before making his way back to Button. The owner of the arcade had told him he need help in unloading a few new games that were ordered, but Dynamo knew he had to get going. However, he decided to help as he knew it was a part of his job. The delivery had only taken a few minutes, which meant that the gaming unicorn had enough time. After being reassured that he could take care of the arcade himself, Dynamo nodded as he bid his boss a good evening. When he returned at the agreed time, Dynamo had waited outside of the arcade to see if he could spot Ember. The only thing different about him was that he was wearing his dark gaming jacket that he would wear on certain occasions.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember gave Dynamo a greeting nod when she spotted him and made her way to him, "Have you decided where we are going yet?..." she asked right away, one thing Dynamo would probably learn quickly if he hadn't already, was that Ember was quite direct with things, and thus could seem rude now and then "....I'm still aright with pretty much anything, only thing is that it would be good if the place allowed pets inside, for obvious reason." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As Dynamo waited, he had taken notice of Ember, who was among the crowd of ponies. As she made her way towards him, he smiled and returned the nod. As he listened to her remark, he winced slightly at how rude she sounded. Although, it didn't look like she had an angry look on her expression. He seemed to recall that it was the same way when he first met her earlier in the day. He wasn't sure, but he began to assume that was how she talked some of the time. "I was thinking of walking around to see what was available. Although, I do have a place in mind. I also hope I didn't keep you waiting long..." He pushed off from the side of the building, until he was able to balance his footing. "...Okay, then let's get going. I think the place I had in mind is okay. Your crow should be okay to be allowed inside the building. Considering if he stays in your mane, then they could pass him off as a mane accessory..." He hoped that wasn't rude, but he felt that was an effective strategy to let her crow go with her. "...Unless everypony knows about your pet crow. If that's the case, then I have a backup place in mind if the first idea falls through."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I don't think anypony would be fooled, mane accessories rarely move and eat seeds after all..." Ember stated "...but I guess we could get in if I promise it will stay in my mane, as it will, since it really likes being there..." that was actually how they met, the crow flew into her mane and stayed there, Ember still had no idea why it had done so, and why it was originally so friendly towards her, but she didn't mind, as the crow had proved itself to be very useful pet "...Have you ever thought about getting a pet?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"That depends if anyone has a good eye for noticing anything. I honestly forget that you have a crow in your mane from time to time. No offense, of course..." He gave the crow an apologetic look. "If I was able to not notice that often, then I have a feeling that others wouldn't notice either. I guess it's more about being inconspicuous, or something along those lines..." He blinked and looked at Ember in wonder after hearing her response. "...How long have you and your pet crow been together? For that matter, where did you two meet? I don't think I asked, but do they have a name? Also, is the crow a boy or a girl...?" He felt bad for asking rapid fire questions, but there were things that he still didn't know about Ember. "...Have I ever thought about getting a pet? Hmm...I must admit that yes. There have been times that I've always wanted to have a pet, but I'm not too sure what kind of pet I'd want to have. If I had to narrow my choices, then I would either say a cat or maybe a fox."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
The crow just tilted its head, it had no idea what Dynamo was saying "It has been with me few years now, and it just kinda came to me, I was on a job and it just flew into my mane, and it hasn't left me since...." Ember explained, she had seemingly found it amusing when Dynamo apologized to the bird "...and no, I haven't named it, both because it seems to know when someone is talking to it without being called by name, and because it probably wouldn't learn a name anyway..." she then looked at Dynamo with thoughtful expression for a moment before continuing "...also I would say a cat would be more fitting, you could have them sitting on your back while you play, I don't know if foxes really do that."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

The gaming unicorn had blinked for a moment as the crow just tilted its head. To Dynamo, the response was more for the crow and Ember. Although, he assumed that everything was okay and left well enough alone. "Huh. That's pretty interesting, if you ask me. I mean, I saw an old cartoon where a bird had flown into a stallion's mane. After the bird flew away, there were baby chicks in the stallions mane. He decided to be the mother and take care of the chicks, but then he had to let them leave the nest, or beard in this case..." He chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. "...I guess the crow sees something special in you and wanted to stay with you. Either that, or it trusts you, in a way. I guess the idea of not giving it a name is understandable. My mom once bought a dog and we named it Rocky. Given that the dog was going to grow up to be a big guard dog for the house. This was back where I originally grew up at. Although, my dad was a little furious as he didn't want to have a dog in the house. So, my mom and I had to go and give the dog away. It was really disheartening as I miss the dog. We had him for about a month or so, but the name, Rocky, didn't really stick with him. I also remember watching a movie called John Wick. There were parts where the guy had a dog, but whenever anyone asked for the dog's name, he always said the dog didn't have one..."

As he listened to her train of thought, Dynamo looked back to Ember, who had a thoughtful expression upon her face. "...I guess I would have to be careful in case the cat scratched me, or if they sit on my back. I'd hate to have my gaming jacket become all fuzzy from cat hair..." He chuckled slightly. "...I always worry about my wires for my gaming equipment. I heard that cats love to chew wires and or scratch up things. I might consider getting a cat, though. Granted, I've never seen a fox in Ponyville, or Equestria for that matter." He says, the view of the fast food restaurant was within their sights.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1