Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bounties and Video Games, 1x1 with Dynamo Pad

Catpone Cerberus

"I can't really tell what time it is, but it should be easy enough for you to see it if it's dark outside..." Ember pointed out, it was hard to tell the time when you couldn't turn your head towards anything that would tell it*. "...and I doubt they care about visiting times with me, especially considering that the doctor knows someone will probably come after me..." "...but for me, it's your choice if you stay or leave, because ultimately I wouldn't know any better assuming I can sleep." bit appreciative way to say it maybe but it was true, it wasn't like someone sitting next to her was something she noticed in her sleep.

*It was dark outside.

@Dynamo Pad

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, you're right. I assume there could be a clock on the wall, but there's always the possibility of looking outside through the window. Plus, I can still use a light spell so I can see in the dark..." Dynamo responded with a nod. Given Ember's condition, he wasn't sure if she could move to look outside. "...Now that you mention it, I can see what you mean. I might end up going home for the time being. That way, I can let me boss know the next day about working and being able to visit you. I do worry about what could happen, but I guess I can't worry about every single thing. Maybe there's a way for me to know if there's something wrong. That way, I can try and hurry back to you as quickly as I can."

• 2 weeks later...

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo nodded, while understanding Ember's remark. "Eeyup and I'll let you get some rest. It's getting close to nighttime, after all. Plus, I'm going to guess visiting hours are just about over. Although, speaking about the crow. In case something is wrong, then make sure to send them to me. I'll get back as soon as I can if there's any sort of trouble. It's like you said that being underestimated is a powerful weapon, but it's always good to have backup. I actually didn't know if breathing fire was possible. Given that I don't think I've ever seen you do that before and/or given the condition that you're in. Although, it's nice to know that's also a safe option in defense..." He smiled, getting up from his seat as he made his way over towards the door. Normally, he would want to give her a hug as a means of saying he'd see her tomorrow. However, he knew that she was injured and he didn't want to irritate her injuries further. "...Just take it easy and get some rest. I'll make sure I can see you tomorrow. Hopefully, the doctor will be able to give us an update. At any rate, goodnight and I'll see you tomorrow, Ember." He would say, opening the door as he soon exited the room. Making sure to close the door behind him, he began making his exit of the hospital and head towards home.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Nothing special would happen on Dynamo's way home and no message or crow was sent to him.
Next day, if Dynamo arrived to the hospital before 9 am, he would find Ember's room empty, and if he was to ask about it, he would be informed that she had been taken to tests and would be back into her room around 9. If he arrived after, he would find Ember in her room in slightly different position, but besides that only thing that would have changed was the fact that the chess piece was gone.

If he decided to eavesdrop a bit as few nurses talked nearby before entering the room, he would learn that light blue unicorn mare had left the hospital regardless of her face still being badly damaged after the bird of  'that dragon' had attacked her. It probably wouldn't take a genius to figure out what had happened. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Catpone Cerberus

Upon making his way back home, Dynamo went through his daily routine, before head off for bed. He was able to sleep soundly, but he felt troubled as he worried if Ember was okay. He hoped that if trouble would arise, then he would quickly wake up to make his way back towards his friend.

The next day, Dynamo woke up early in order to get ready to go to work. He yawned occasionally, but it was normal for him. His bad habit of getting up early was a habit he wished he could break. However, he knew that once he was up, there was no way in falling back to sleep. He knew that he wasn't able to sleep that well anyway. He wanted to stay alert in case Ember's crow companion had called for him. Work was uneventful as he made his way to the arcade. It was the same old events from helping other ponies if they needed change for the machines, or if an arcade game was not working. He looked over towards the clock on the wall. Sighing as the minutes went by as slowly as possible. As it was getting closer and closer to lunch time, Button Prompt, the owner of the arcade, told Dynamo that he could take the rest of the day off. The blue unicorn had worked for most of his shift and was able to leave earlier than he expected. Clocking out at around 11 am, he quickly exited the arcade as he headed for the hospital. It was a bit of a walk, but he soon made his way towards the giant building. 

He made his way towards the reception desk as he asked for Ember and her room number. He was grateful that her room number was the same, while nodding as he was told that she was taken to get some tests taken care of. As he waited on the status of the tests, he had eavesdropped as a few nurses talked about a blue unicorn mare. He glanced inconspicuously at to the nurses, before being told that Ember was back in her room. Thanking the other nurse, Dynamo began making his way over to Ember's room. 'So, it looks like Blossom tried to show up. I guess she had what was coming to her when Ember's crow companion showed her what's what. I wonder what had happened.' He allowed his body to be on auto pilot as he soon made his way to the destined room number. Giving a knock on the door with his front right hoof, the gamer pony made his way into her room. He could see Ember was in a slightly different position, but he noticed that the chess piece was gone. "Hey. I hope I'm not late. I was a little caught up with work." He walked over towards the empty chair as he took his usual seat.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Until you wanted to see what angry crow can do, you're not late..." Ember replied, sounding bit more rested than the previous day, but still sounding weak "...we'll need to wait for few results and after that we should be able to leave the hospital..." she flinched a bit "...though I still can't move."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"If I want to see what an angry crow can do? I guess something happened and I'm out of the loop...?" Dynamo took notice of Ember sounding a bit better as it seemed she was able to get rest. She still sounded weak and looked like she went through a log, but it was a start. "...I heard that you went through some tests. What kind of tests did you have to even go through? I'm guessing x-rays, but not sure on anything else. Sorry to hear you can't move, but I guess it's one step at a time..." He winced slightly at her flinch. Looking back at the door to make sure it was closed, he looked back to the female dragon. "...So, did something happen last night? I was hearing the nurses talking about a light blue mare being released from the hospital. My guess it was Blossom, but I'm not sure what happened."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Mostly scans of different kinds, I didn't listen enough to know what exactly since it doesn't really matter..." Ember explained "...and what happened, well, exactly what I said would happen, she came here and tried to finish the job, too bad she wasn't prepared for a crow that wanted to take her eyes out. And as far as I understood it, she wasn't released, she just left, it's not like the hospital can forcibly keep anyone here." meanwhile the crow was standing on nearby table seemingly cleaning its feathers.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

So, it seems it was a lot of different testings instead of just X-rays. I guess when you said it doesn't matter, then it's most likely the same answers that would be predictable to listen to..." Dynamo noted with a nod. "...She actually came by...?" He whispered in alarm. He knew about Blossom from what Ember had told him, but he wondered if Blossom knew he had left. He had to understand that he couldn't always be there for Ember, but he didn't know how he could be there if she ever needed assistance. "...At least your crow companion was there to help you. Guess his bite is worse than his caw. I heard she was bandaged up from the nurses, but I didn't catch the fact that she left. I'm not sure how much damage she received, but I guess she went back to her boss, or higher up." He looked to the crow to see it was on standby as it cleaned its feathers.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"It was lot of damage..." Ember stated "...I can't wait to see her after all that heals up, she'll be so mad." it was clear that Ember took at least a bit of enjoyment from seeing her enemies suffer, though could you really blame her? "That is if her boss doesn't kill her first, they don't exactly like failure."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Huh. I guess I wasn't able to hear the full extent of how badly damaged Blossom was from the nurses. Maybe it was a more downplayed version, but at least you let me know of what happened..." Dynamo responded "...I guess she won't be winning any beauty pageants anytime soon." He joked, while listening clearly to Ember's reply of feeling enjoyment to seeing her enemies suffer. It seemed as if this was something new that the blue unicorn was learning about the female dragon. He didn't blame her as she had gone through a lot in the past couple of days. "Well, you'd think that though. Maybe she was part of the job that captured you and took you prisoner? Since you escaped, she tried to finish the job that was started, but she was stopped by you and your crow companion. I guess that means she had two chances, but failed at both. So, I don't think her boss would take that failure very lightly."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"She was part of it, keeping you busy, though I still don't understand what was the point of all that..." Ember pointed out "...only thing they accomplished was letting me know they have been watching me.." she thought for a second "...I wonder if they tried to get into my house at some point...poor bastards if they did." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Dynamo sighed as he shook his head. An indication that even he too didn't know the reason. "The only thing I can think of is that maybe she wanted me to forget that you existed? I know it might be impossible, but remember what I was saying. She was just about everywhere I went. It was nice at first that she tried to care, but it got a bit weird after some time. Since she knew where I was at almost every moment. Maybe it was her way in trying to keep an eye on me, while trying to help me in forgetting about you..." Dynamo pondered with a shrug. "...I'm guessing that everyone in the crime world has kept an eye on you? Sort of gives the saying if you ever get the feeling of being watched as a real meaning..." He blinked with a tilt of his head. "...I never knew where you lived, so I can't say if they did or not. Why? Was something wrong with entering your home?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I just don't get why you mattered, as far as they knew, we had just met." 

Ember grinned "It's quite the challenge to get into my house uninvited, it can also be dangerous....then there's my neighbors, neither of them like snoopers..." "...you'll see what I mean when we get there, but in short, being a bounty hunter, I know how to keep others out of my house, after all, getting into the houses of others is big part of my job." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"That's the one thing I don't get either. Maybe they tried to get Blossom to know me in case I had any and/or valuable information about you. Which wouldn't make sense since I had just met you. I would say that maybe they'd use me as a way to lure you to them, but I wouldn't want to think of that possibility..." Dynamo chuckled sheepishly, but he was still nervous. He hadn't thought about that possibility, but he didn't want to think or worry about such a thing.

"...I guess you have the whole place boobytrapped. All except for you to know the ins and outs to get into the house. I guess I'll see once and if we are allowed to take you to your home..." Dynamo smiled softly, raising an eyebrow in surprise. "...Neighbors? You mean that you have some neighbors who know about your profession? If not, then I guess they are good friends of yours? I'd be surprised if they weren't the type of ponies who don't like snoopers. It's a bit rude to enter a pony or creature's home uninvited, after all. One should have that kind of common courtesy. I didn't know that getting into the homes of others was a part of your job. I hope I can learn more about that. Even though I know it's probably a sort of secretive kind of job."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Though luring could be a reason for something like that, it would be pretty meaningless when the one they are luring is already captured." Ember pointed out

"I don't know if they know, but they both have reasons why they don't care for unnecessary attention, and are good at making threats...disappear..." she explained "...And I thought it was obvious that I have to go to buildings uninvited, since where else would my targets be than in buildings they think are safe, which can also be called their homes."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Do you mean luring me to get to you and to have you be captured? If not, then I guess it would be capturing anyone that would try and be lured into breaking and entering your house..." Dynamo responded. A slight look of confusion was on his face. "...I suppose everyone in the crime world has their reasons for doing what they do. Even if they need to make their threats and/or competition to disappear. When you put it that way, I suppose going to a building uninvited is pretty obvious. Especially when you said your job is to have that breaking and entering as a part of your bounty hunter career. Gives your targets that feeling of a safe security in their homes, while are undetected. Afterwards, it would give you a chance to sneak up on them and either take them down, or capture them for information, or however that works."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I meant luring me by using you..."

"...And I don't capture anyone, the prices are not worth the effort, I only take targets down...or scare them like I was going to do with you, capturing someone alive who doesn't want to be captured is lot harder than one would think and many times end up with them dying in a way or another."