Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns (1x1 with Dynamo Pad)

Skylight Scintillate

@Dynamo Pad

OOC:

Sunlight Gleam smiled. He had finally did it. He had been accepted at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. He remembered watching a talent show at the school, and was amazed by what the students could do. What was surprising, was afterwards, he got so excited, he caused a burst of magic and his cutie mark appeared. Apparently, he also not noticed by the school, because now he got accepted there.

By now, a large crowd had gathered in front of the school, and Sunlight was in it. He could feel the excitement in the air. All around him, he saw excited fillies and colts standing around with their parents. Apparently, Princess Celestia was supposed to make a speech to welcome the incoming students. Sunlight looked around. While it was hard to see through the crowd, he saw a young colt unicorn like him. "Hey there, isn't this so exciting?! We are going to learn magic! At Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns! I can't wait for Celestia to make her speech." Sunlight rambled.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns (1x1 with Dynamo Pad)

@Ocean Wavedream

As he walked up to a gathering crowd, Dynamo Pad, a blue unicorn, with orange eyes and a curved unicorn horn, had looked all around him. Along for the ride was his mother, Gentle Step, a periwinkle unicorn mare, as well as his father, Quick Fix, who was an orange pegasus. The young unicorn colt gulped in nervousness as he was standing before Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. If he were being honest, he never expected himself to be in front of what most considered a prestigious school. He was never gifted at magic for a colt at his age. He hadn't even realized he had gained his mark, until he gained his cutie mark. He recalled escaping some bullies in his hometown of Fillydelphia, before entering an arcade. It was there that the arcade owner, a brown earth pony named Pinball Wizard, had introduced the young gaming colt to the world of video games. With the bullies quickly approaching, Pinball had intervened to help settle the dispute between both sides. With Dynamo overcoming the bullies in a gaming competition, his mark and magic had appeared.

At the moment, Dynamo had seen many fillies and colts, who were ecstatic about being here. From what his parents had mentioned, Princess Celestia would make a speech to welcome all of the new students. He wanted to be excited, but Dynamo was nervous. Not just because he was in a town he wasn't familiar with, but also because he didn't know anybody. Growing up, he never had anyone to call friend. He was brought out of his train of thought as a golden unicorn had made his presence known to the blue colt. Dynamo couldn't help in giving a slight yelp, while jumping back, before giving a hesitant nod. "U-Uh...y-yeah. I can't believe we're here at Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. I guess it's sort of like a dream for those that want to be here, you know? Also, I-I'm not sure what she'll say. Maybe something along the lines of that she's proud of everyone. Perhaps that she'll expect great things from us all." He didn't know who this unicorn was, but he seemed to be very lively. Given from his rambling, as well as the other colt's enthusiasm.

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

Sunlight Gleam looked at Dynamo Pad curiously. While he was so excited he could feel his magic surging through him, this other unicorn looked nervous. "Hey, it's ok to be a bit nervous, it's like a major change in life." Sunlight Gleam asked in a calm voice that surprised even himself, " My name's Sunlight Gleam and for me, I was always into magic, so I looked forward to coming here. What's your name and how did you end up here?"

Sunlight Gleam was naturally an energetic and outgoing pony, and this was especially so when it involved magic, his favorite subject. However, he knew that this outgoingness could be off-putting sometimes, so he put on a calm demeanor in front of the other unicorn colt. It was kind of difficult given his internal feelings and the magic surging inside of him, but he think he managed to pull it off. 

Sunlight Gleam smirked a little when Dynamo Pad asked about what Celestia would say at her speech. "It doesn't make much sense to speculate when we would find out soon enough." Secretly, though, he had a pretty good idea what Celestia was going to say.

@Ocean Wavedream

Even with his parents near him, Dynamo still felt nervous about being in Canterlot, but more so about being at this school. If he were being honest, he didn't feel as if he was special or gifted as the School had implied for it's name. Given by what the now known colt named Sunlight had spoke, it seemed his enthusiasm had changed to a more calmer demeanor. "T-Thanks for the reassurance and you can definitely say that again. If I could be honest? I didn't think I'd make it here, but I guess there's a first for everything." He gave a sheepish chuckle, before continuing. "It's nice to meet you Sunlight. My name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. As for how I ended up here, you might not believe me if I told you. Since I ended up here because of video games and my magic somehow went hoof and hoof into my magic." Dynamo was still nervous, but the continued conversation between Sunlight and him had helped to calm the gaming unicorn down slightly. Dynamo could be an energetic pony, but it hidden as he never had friends or didn't know anyone that well.

Seeing the smirk had caused Dynamo to tilt his head slightly in confusion, before giving a sheepish smile. "Y-Yeah. I guess you have a point when you put it that way. I heard that Princess Celestia doesn't like to keep a crowd waiting, but my mom and dad told me that those are mostly just rumors."

@Dynamo Pad

"Your magic is linked to video games? That sounds so cool. How does it work? Does it like, let you sense things inside the game that others can't sense or something? Tell me the entire story about how you got your cutie mark. Give me all the juicy details, especially the parts involving magic." Sunlight asked, getting excited again. Sunlight had a habit of getting really excited when talking about magic. It was (and still is) by far his favorite subject, and he loved learning everything about it. 

While he was really excited to hear about how the other colt got their cutie mark, Sunlight Gleam couldn't help but to go back to something the Dynamo had said earlier. I guess it's sort of like a dream for those that want to be here, you know? Sunlight Gleam thought it was very strange the way Dynamo had said that. Dynamo Pad wants to be here, right? Sunlight decided that it was probably his nervousness that caused him to say it that way.

@Ocean Wavedream

As he looked to Sunlight's enthusiastic expression about his mention of magic and video games. Dynamo had looked at the unicorn colt as if he had sprout a second head on his shoulders. "You think that magic being linked to video games is cool?" His jaw dropped slightly as he was in utter disbelief. When it came to everyone else he knew back in his hometown, they wouldn't give him the time of day. However, here was someone that seemed rather interested. 'P-Perhaps he's different than the others. M-Maybe...' He began to think, before shaking his head in fear that he was staring for too long. "To be honest? I'm honestly not sure, but what you mentioned would be pretty cool for magic abilities. I got my cutie mark from standing up to bullies, but it was mostly them chasing me throughout town where I grew up at. Losing them through some alleyways, I came across an arcade I didn't know was there. As I opened the door, it was like a dark path being illuminated in a bright light. The sounds, the lights, the atmosphere of the arcade was breathtaking. It was there that I met the arcade owner, who had come to meet a potential new customer." Dynamo explained, a smile beginning to slowly grow into a grin.

"That was when the bullies found me and tried to start their trouble, but thankfully the arcade owner, Pinball Wizard, had managed to step in." His smile had faltered at the mention of the bullies. Even so, his smile soon eventually returned. Albeit, being a small, yet reassuring smile. "Mr. Pinball had mentioned that he didn't like violence or bullying to take place in his arcade. So, he felt that instead of solving disputes with hooves, we'd settle it with a game. We were brought over to a fighting game, before we were told the rules and how the game worked. At first, I struggled as I had never played a video game before, but in the second round, I somehow found my rhythm. Round three, we were going back and forth, but I somehow managed to get the upper hoof. I know it's difficult to explain, but it felt like I was working in tune with the character of my choosing. Each hit, each kick, each strike, each block. It was like I was doing the same thing alongside them. Suddenly, I felt this sort of warmth from within that I never knew or felt before. What I didn't realize was that my magic had finally awakened and with one final strike, I managed to win the set. Not long after, my cutie mark had appeared." He turned slightly to direct Sunlight towards the cutie mark, which was a video game controller. "The trio had still claimed that I cheated, but I didn't care. As soon as I got my cutie mark, I thanked Mr. Pinball and rushed home to tell my parents of the good news." He finished explaining his tale, while waiting to answer any other question that Sunlight may have had for him.

@Dynamo Pad

"Huh, I thought that there would be more about magic involved," Sunlight Gleam said disappointedly. "Where does the part about being really talented in magic come in?"

That was when the loud chatter in the crowd turned to quiet murmuring as Princess Celestia flew up to the podium. 

"Hello my little ponies, and welcome to the school of magic for gifted unicorns. I know that you all have demonstrated great potential in magic in order to get accepted in this school. I hope that this school would lead you onto great things. Now, without further ado, let's get started. Please follow guidance counselor Dawn to sign in and get your class schedule. Then they will show you around the school." Celestia said.

Sunlight Gleam hung onto the words that Celestia said. He was almost surprised when Celestia finished her speech. He thought that she would say more, but then she remembered that Celestia preferred concise speeches anyways.

"Well, I suppose we should follow the other students then, right?" Sunlight Gleam said, pointing to where the crowd was going.

• 4 weeks later...

@Ocean Wavedream

As he listened to Sunlight's response, Dynamo's smile had faltered. What sounded like disappointment in Sunlight's voice had Dynamo's ears to even fall slightly. Almost as if a pin had been removed that caused the gaming colt's confidence to deflate like a balloon. "I...I-I don't really know, t-to be honest. I-I'm really sorry." His eyes trailed away from Sunlight, while rubbing his foreleg with his other foreleg. 'Way to go, Dynamo. You had to open your big mouth and talk about something that sounded boring. You lost whatever chance you had in making what could be a friend.' His thoughts slammed against his mind repeatedly. Before more thoughts of doubt could form in his mind, his eyes trailed over towards the front. The presence of a Princess Celestia flying high in the sky like the morning sun, before landing upon the podium. Dynamo had been trying to pay attention, but his nerves were getting the better of him. Once the speech had come to an end, Dynamo was pulled back to reality as Sunlight had called out to him. "Uh...y-yeah. You're right, let's go." He hesitantly nodded, looking from the pointed hoof towards the crowd of colts and mares that were slowly retreating. Lookin back to give his farewell to his parents, Dynamo began slowly following Sunlight and the group of new students and guidance Counselor Dawn.

@Dynamo Pad

"Hey you look kind of down. Is something wrong? Do you think you aren't good enough at magic compared to the other ponies at this school?" Sunlight asked as they made their way over to guidance counselor Dawn.

Dawn had each of the students' schedules suspended in a magical aroura in the air about a meter off of the ground, which allowed students to weave between them to find their schedules. And while this was an impressive sight, what was even more impressive was that Dawn was maintaining this spell while talking to students, pointing for those that had trouble finding theirs.

"Ok, I found my schedule, and look, there's yours too," Sunlight gleam said, pointing at Dynamo Pad's schedule for him. Sunlight grabbed his schedule with his own magical aroura, then walked over to Dynamo Pad's schedule. "Let's see, Math, Science, History, Equestrian, Magic, Magic Practice, Lunch... We literally have the exact same schedule! Oh my gosh, this is so exciting, like I knew there was something about you when I first ran into you! I could sense it in my magic!" Sunlight Gleam exclaimed. 

"Ok then, now if everypony has their schedules, I can show you all around the school," Dawn said to the students as she led the way into the school.

• 3 weeks later...

@Ocean Wavedream

Perking his ears at Sunlight's question, Dynamo's expression stayed neutral. Yet, at the same time, had a hint of worry that seemed almost inconspicuous. He wasn't sure if he had a way to tiptoe around said question, but he knew he couldn't outright lie to this colt. If the gaming colt could be honest with himself, then he felt that Sunlight was a pony that could be trusted. He didn't seem like the others that he treated him in his hometown, so he decided to take a chance. "S-Sort of. You could say something like that, but there's a bit more to it, I guess." He started, nodding slowly to let the golden unicorn known he was on the right track. "Back when I told you on how I got my magic, I'm still figuring out how it all works. I know unicorns gain their magic at a young age, but I just recently unlocked my magic. During my exam, I managed to get some magic to work. I think I tried to call upon that same sensation as I played in that game against my bully. Although, I guess you could chalk it up to being lucky." He explained, but kept that part of the conversation to a whisper as the two caught up with the group.

With guidance counselor Dawn, Dynamo was impressed at how she levitated multiple schedules for students to find. Almost like a floating bulletin board for students to look at. All the while, surprised how Dawn talked as she kept the spell going. The gaming colt's eyes darted from one sheet to the next in an attempt to find his own. Some were blocked by bodies of other students, who had already taken them the moment they found theirs. It almost looked overwhelming for Dynamo, but was thankful as Sunlight pointed out to his. Concentrating, he managed to make his horn to glow as an orange/amber like glow could be seen. As it enveloped the paper, Dynamo had brought said schedule over in a levitation spell. Comparing the two schedules together, Dynamo smiled softly as it seemed the two had similar classes together. "That's actually pretty awesome! I'm glad to know that I'll have someone I know in class." He responded, before a sudden though had crossed his mind. "You could sense it in your magic? How so? Are there certain things that you can sense with your magic?" He asked, before listening to Dawn, who had announced the tour around the school.

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad 

"You recently unlocked your magic? Hmm, well I guess that would make sense why the school decided to let you in anyways. I heard that they have a very good sense of who has potential in magic. I guess I also have a very good sense in this, but I'm not really sure what it is. I'm still trying to discover what I can about my magic, which is why I guess we are all at this school. We all have potential in magic that we are yet to discover. Speaking of my sense, I can sense that some of my friends also have the same schedule as us. Anyways, let's follow Dawn,” Sunlight Gleam explained.

Guidance counselor Dawn took the whole group on a very comprehensive tour of the whole campus. Despite the fact that the school was on the smaller side for the number of students it had, it still had an impressive amount of facilities. There was a cafeteria, a very large library, a track and field, an outdoor amphitheater.

"While this school specializes in magic, we offer many other subjects too. For example, art, culinary art, music, theater, and sports. Each of these has specific classrooms for that subject."

"Here are the classrooms. While they appear small (due to the small class sizes), they are very modern and comfortable in order to best facilitate student learning."

"This is the cafeteria. If you are going to be living in the dorms, you will come here for all three meals of the day. For those that are  going to be commuting here everyday, lunch will be served here, but a grab and go breakfast can also be provided. From what I heard, the students love the food here. The kitchens for culinary arts is also nearby."

"This is the library. The librarians here are very helpful for any research projects and we have a very impressive collection of books about magic. We even have copies of some of Star Swirl the Bearded's spells."

"Here is the sports center. We have a wide range of sports here. However, the only one I know how to do is tennis. Also, there are open fields over there to test new magic skills."

"This is the amphitheater. We got a wide range of classes such as acting and costume design, in addition to music classes for all kinds of instruments and singers."

"Here are the state of the art science labs for science classes. We teach biology and chemistry here."

"Here are the art classrooms. The students are always doing fun projects here, and this place has ceramics too."

"This is my office. As your guidance counselor, if there's a welcome sign, than you are welcome to come in and talk about anything you want."

"Finally, for those that are going to be staying here, here are your dorms. You can find your room by the sign above the door. Classes begin tomorrow so once you move your stuff in, you are free to do what you want," Dawn finished.

"Well, that certainly was a whirlwind of a tour. I don't know about you, but I'm absolutely loving this place. Everything about it is just so perfect. What do you think about this place?" Sunlight Gleam asked Dynamo Pad. "Hey look, there's your dorm."

@Ocean Wavedream

Upon hearing his question, Dynamo gave a nod to confirm his thoughts. "I think that was something my mom had told me, but I guess I didn't really understand. Maybe going to school here can help me to better understand what my magic can mean." As he listened to Sunlight, Dynamo couldn't help in nodding as the colt made a number of valid points. "That make sense as a school is where we go to learn more about a particular subject or more about ourselves. If I managed to get into this school, then I guess I have potential I might not know I have. It does sound a bit exciting on being able to find that discovery." He smiled softly as he was happy for Sunlight's friends having the same schedule as him. He couldn't say the same thing as he didn't have any friends that he knew that were going to this school, or having a friend in general. He quickly nodded as the two continued to follow Dawn and the rest of the group of new students. As the tour continued, Dynamo's eyes darted around from one facility to the next. Even if the campus seemed a bit small, Dynamo knew it would take him some time to get used to the campus as a new student. From the cafeteria, to the library, the amphitheater and more. It looked like there was so much to be offered at the school. With the tour coming to an end, the students were presented their dorms as Dynamo glanced to Sunlight with a nod. 

"You can say that again. My mom had told me a few things about this place, but it's even more interesting that I thought it'd be. I just hope I don't get lost when trying to find a class, but I guess that's part of being a new student." He chuckled, before having a curious expression upon his face. It's just a shame though that there wasn't any mention of video games at the school. I wonder if there are any classes that were mentioned on that kind of subject." Looking over, Dynamo had noticed the door that would be his room while staying at the school. "I remember hearing that our stuff would be delivered during the tour. Did you want to come with me and check out what the dorm rooms look like? After that, did you want to work together to find your room too?" He asked Sunlight, thankful for his help and at the same time, wanting to return the favor.

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad 

“Oh wow, for a relatively small school, this place has a a lot of facilities,” Sunlight said as he toured he place in awe. “I think it’s really nice the way they group all the students into groups that have all he same schedules together. I think that it is a great way for the students to bond together. Plus, I think the small class sizes give everything a cozy feel and make sure the teacher is able to give everts student the attention they need.”

As Sunlight Gleam toured the campus, he made remarks about all the different things that he wanted to try, such as pottery and tennis, in addition to how large the library is. Soon enough, the tour ended and it seemed that Dynamo Pad had similar feelings about the school as Sunlight.

”Well it’s a good thing we all have he same classes together. Plus, there’s a map on the back of your schedule,” Sunlight replied.

”Video games?! Why would here be classes for video games? This is a school of magic, not a school of video games. Most ludicrous thing I have ever heard...” a colt nearby remarked and a bunch of his friends snickered. However, it appeared that Sunlight had not overheard. he was too busy trying to find his friends.

”Hey Twinkle Theory, Sealight Silhouette, over here,” Sunlight said, waving them over. “Dynamo Pad, meet Twinkle Theory and Sealight Silhouette. Sealight Silhouette and Twinkle Theory, meet Dynamo Pad.”

”Hi” Sealight whispered. She was a sky blue filly with a blonde mane and tail shapped like Minuette's. 

”Oh wow, you made another friend already? You are like a magnet for friendless ponies. Maybe that’s your magical talent. I wonder if there is some way to test that...” Twinkle Theory rambled. She was a cream colored filly with a deep purple mane that was shaped like Twinkleshine's. Both Sealight and Twinkle had cutie marks with stars like Sunlight, hinting at their strengths in magic. 

“Oh we aren’t staying in the dorms here.  The three of us live in Canterlot so we will commute to school everyday from home. However, I would be interested in seeing the dorms though,” Sunlight said.

Edited by Skylight Scintillate

@Ocean Wavedream

"You can say that again, Sunlight. Although, you say small school, but it looks like a university of some sort." Even though he was exaggerating as he had never seen a school quite like this, he was surprised at the many facilities to cater to the students. At the mention of grouping the students, Dynamo couldn't help in nodding in agreement. "I've seen my fair share of classes in school to where it's a sizable number, but the numbers in this group looks a lot less. I guess it fits on different groups having a tour, or to have that cozy feeling you mentioned of the small class. It'll make the teacher's job less difficult if a few students are in trouble with one thing or another." As they toured, the gaming colt listened to the golden colt's remark of what he wanted to try. Dynamo hadn't thought about it at first, but there were a few things he did want to look into. "With everything, I do like the idea of practicing magic whenever there's free time. I know Miss Dawn had mentioned that she only knows how to do tennis, but I wonder if there's an opportunity for Buckball. It's pretty neat that the library has some books on Starswirl the Bearded. When I was younger, I always thought he was just a legend, until we learned about some of his history in class. I wonder if there are other ponies like that in the library." He wondered, while thinking of a certain sorceress that his mother would tell stories about.

Blinking at the mention of his schedule, he flipped the pages over to find that Sunlight was correct. Lo and behold, the back of the paper had an entire map of the school, as well as where each class was located. "Thanks for letting me know about that. I was thinking of asking for a map from Miss Dawn, but I'm glad that isn't necessary." As a colt nearby had remarked about how ludicrous video games could be at a school such as this, Dynamo had levitated the paper in front of him. A sort of wall to block his view of the colt and his friends snickering remarks, but each laugh was an attack on his confidence. Video games were the only thing he was good at, but it was still all relatively recent. If the school didn't have video games, then what good could he do here? These thoughts were starting to form in his head as he wondered if he'd be okay here. Intentional or not, he was saved by Sunlight, who had called out to what looked to be two friends of his. One mare who went by the name of Twinkle Theory and the other by the name of Skylight Scintillate. At their introduction, Dynamo cheeks flushed as he felt his heart quicken, due to nervousness.

"H-Hi. It's just like what S-Sunlight had said. My name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. I-It's really nice to meet you Twinkle Theory and Skylight Scintillate." He waved at the two filly's with a wave and a small smile, before a sudden comment had caught him off guard. Not taking notice of the friendless pony comment, Dynamo was surprised as Twinkle Theory had mentioned that he was Sunlight's friend. "F-Friend?" He whispered, but it was loud enough for the three to hear him. To be honest, he had always wanted a friend, but with how other ponies his age had treated him back in his hometown? The word friend almost seemed foreign, yet it was something that he wondered if he was worthy to have. Just like the changing of the seasons, the conversation had changed to the mention of living arrangements. While Sunlight, Twinkle and Skylight wouldn't live at the dorms, they were still interested in what the dorms would look like. "Oh, uh...o-okay, then. I hope that my stuff arrived safely. I don't think I ever asked where you come from, but I guess the mention of Canterlot answers my question." He chuckled with a sheepish expression, but continued. "I hope I can learn more about you as you all sound really nice." As he lead the way, the group had soon made their appearance at the door that would lead to his dorm room. Being given a key, he unlocked and pulled the door open. Allowing the others to step inside first to be courteous, before stepping inside.

Taking a few steps forward, Dynamo's eyes darted up at the interior of the room around him. The walls were a standard cream, while over in the corner was a bed of light and dark blue with pillows. While the walls didn't have anything to put up, Dynamo knew he could probably decorate the room as he saw fit. Past the foot of the bed were shelves to house books of his, as well as some he could check out from the library. A table and chair stationed next to his bed, while the curtains pulled back to allow the sun to shine brightly through the window. 

Looking over at the foot of his bed, Dynamo smiled as his belongings were placed neatly for him to unpack. A standard saddlebag with his newly cutie mark, a couple of beanbag chairs in case he wanted guests, as well as gaming. Opening his saddlebag, Dynamo smiled as he pulled out a console that was fairly new, as well as a few hoofhelds and games to boot. Placing them near what looked to be a TV, he figured that the shelves would also hold a mix of a book and gaming library. Taking out some of the games he had, he placed them down next to him. Allowing Sunlight and the others to get a better look at what his collection consisted of. Some of these games would range from fighting games, to games like Mareio Kart, Mareio Party, Ponymon, and more. Some of these games were new to console, but some were found in arcades. Speaking of arcades, he'd have to look into seeing if there was any hope of an arcade in a town like Canterlot. While unpacking, he blinked as he looked up to the others, before quickly getting to his hooves. "O-Oh, I'm really sorry about that. Please, don't mind me. Make yourselves at home." He would say, pulling out a couple of manga, as well as a book that didn't seem to look like a regular book. One that, upon closer inspection, was a book on spell method's by Haycart.

Spoiler

hhpfjaohab.jpg

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad 

"It seems like the class sizes are smaller than the class size from elementary school last year," Sunlight Gleam noted. "I heard that Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns teaches both high school students and university students, which is why they have so many facilities. Plus, while the class sizes are small, they have quite a lot of classes. Just look at your schedule."

"And you can't forget about the fact that Canterlot is obsessed with magic, so the city gives the school huge amounts of funding," Twinkle Theory added. "You know, from the tour, it definitely seems like the school is meeting my expectations of an extremely prestigious school. I also have a bunch of activities that I am interested in trying. Do you think they have lacrosse here? Maybe students here spend their time debating about the importance and legacy of Star Swirl the Bearded. And practicing magic sounds so much fun! I can't wait to meet the teachers. I wonder what they will be like..."

When Dynamo Pad mentioned how he didn't have friends before, Twinkle Theory gave him a concerned look. "You never had friends before? That sounds awful! Don't worry, the three of us are all very friendly," Twinkle Theory said, giving him a reassuring look. 

"I wonder how we can sign up for classes we are interested in..." Sunlight mumbled, flipping through the schedule. He grumbled a little when he couldn't find anything in the booklet. He decided that he will have to examine it more closely later when he found the time.

The group entered Dynamo Pad's dorm together. Sealight Silhouette observed quietly from a corner. Both Sunlight and Twinkle Theory glanced around in awe. The dorm seemed simple enough at first, with a bed, a bookshelf, a desk, and a chair, but then Sunlight noticed that there appeared to be some kind of new technology on the shelf. It looked like Dynamo Pad's stuff had been delivered and the group watched as he began to unpack his stuff. It seemed like he had packed quite a bunch of videogames.

"Wow, I knew you were a videogame kind of guy!" Twinkle Theory exclaimed. "What games do you have?" Which one is your favorite?"

"Oh wow, you have Spell Method's by Haycart? I do too!" Sunlight Gleam exclaimed. "Which spells do you think are most interesting? Have you tried doing any of them?" 

@Ocean Wavedream

"This school teaches both high school and university students, too?" Dynamo echoed, raising an eyebrow as he let out a whistle. "Now I get what you meant when there are so many facilities. It looks like it's to cater to all students or all ages. I wonder if we use the same buildings as the higher level students, or if it's sectioned off based on age or grade level." Dynamo wondered, before turning towards Twinkle Theory. "Maybe when we're done here, we can go and check out some places around the school to sign up for some things. We can always ask if they have lacrosse available for students. I would want to hope that there's some video game club or team to sign up for, but from what the other students had said. I want to say I highly doubt it, but I do wonder if there's an arcade somewhere in Canterlot. From what my mother told me, Canterlot is the capital of magic. So, I get what you meant about Canterlot is obsessed with magic." As he spoke, he blinked with a gasp as he rapidly waved his hooves in front of him. "I didn't meant it like that. I was just going off of what you said, Twinkle. Unless obsessed is a sort of bad way of saying it, then I-I guess interested would work. I-I'm not trying to correct you or anything like that. I-I just...I'm sorry." He took a deep breath, before slowly exhaling in a sigh. 

At Twinkle's look of concern and remark, Dynamo nodded. "If I can be honest? Then, yes. I never really had a friend before. Most kids my age stayed away from me for one reason or another. Whether it was because of my lack of magic before I gained my cutie mark and magic, whether it was because of my horn." He started to explain, his eyes trailing up towards the curved horn on his forehead. Given that it wasn't like normal unicorns, he was treated differently by others. "Sometimes I was bullied because of my kindness towards others. At least, that's what the bullies at my old school would say. Whenever I was helping others or asked to be friends, the three would rally the other students against me. So, I never really knew what it was like to have a friend. Sometimes, I worried that it was something I said. So, I usually try to watch what I say and become afraid if I said something wrong." He explained, showing why he had freaked out earlier towards Twinkle Theory. Noticing the look of reassurance in Twinkle's eyes, tears began to form the blue colt's eyes. Dynamo couldn't help himself as the tears began to cascade down his face like a waterfall. "I'm really sorry about that. It just really means a lot as the three of you have been really kind to me since I met you. It's why I was afraid to ask if we could be friends, or if we were already friends." He would say, doing his best to wipe any stray tear away.

At the mention of what video games he had, Dynamo looked at his small stack of games. While it wasn't many, it would be his start line of a game collection. Placing them out for the three to see, Dynamo smiled softly. "I have a few fighting games, party and racing games and even a few RPG/strategy games. The console was a gift from my parents, while the games were a gift from the arcade owner. I know I like fighting games, but I haven't had a chance to try out some of the others. For my favorite, I would say at the moment it's Ponymon. Being able to form a team and strategize against other opponents is interesting. What about you guys? Are there any games that you're interested in?" He asks, before turning to Sunlight, who had mentioned about the Spell Method of Haycart. "Oh, yeah! It was actually given to me by the arcade owner. He said that after he saw my magic, he wanted me to have it. He said that it's in good hooves and I'd have more use for it than he could. The arcade owner's name was Pinball Wizard, who is an earth pony, but I'm not sure why he had this book." He explained as he hummed in thought. "I didn't get a chance to try out any spells as I only glossed through the book. Some spells look pretty interesting, but if I had to choose?" He thought as he tried to think of one spell that stood out. Blinking with a gasp in realization, a spell had come to mind. "Now I remember! I think there's one spell in this book that allows you to go into books. Something about getting a more hooves-on experience with books. What about you, Sunlight?"

@Dynamo Pad 

"Yeah seeing what sports and stuff is available seems like a great idea after we finish unpacking," Sunlight Gleam said. "I couldn't find anything in the booklet, so I suppose we will have to go there to sign up or something. Would there be like teachers there where we cn sign up? Or maybe we could talk to the guidance councilor since I'm pretty sure managing student schedules is like their thing."

"Oh, and I know a few arcades around Canterlot. I also know a lot of other places in Canterlot and can show you around. I think it is a great way to get used to this new city. Like did you know that Canterlot has over a thousand marble statues? That really says something about this city," Twinkle Theory exclaimed.

When Dynamo Pad freaked out about Canterlot being obsessed with magic, Everypony else gave them confused looks. "Uh, duh. Why do you think they built Celestia's School of Magic here out of all places?" Twinkle Theory asked with an eyeroll. "Are you ok? You seem afraid that you are going to offend somepony..." Sunlight Gleam pointed out.

"Why is your horn curved?" Twinkle Theory blurted out. "Ponies bullied you because kind to others? The bullies rallied other students against you? That doesn't seem to make sense." Sunlight Gleam asked, giving Dynamo Pad a confused look. "Yeah, why would the other students rally behind the bullies if you help the other students?" Twinkle Theory questioned. However, when Dynamo Pad started tearing up, the trio gave Dynamo Pad a hug. "Hey it's ok. We aren't going to let anypony bully you around here," Twinkle Theory said confidently.

When Dynamo Pad mentioned his collection of videogames, the trio glanced over at it. To them, that seemed like quite the collection to bring along with him. "You brought all those over from Fillydelphia?" Twinkle Theory asked. "Oh, let's see, there is this game that I'm quite interested in at the arcade, but I forgot the name. I'll know it when I see it though. Also, I don't have any videogames at home."

"Hmm, which spells are my favorite? Well let's see, Hayscartes' method certainly is interesting. I have been using it to study magic. However, while learning about magic is exciting, I find doing new kinds of magic most exciting. Like, I have been experimenting to see if it would work for other kinds of media too. Like what if we could use it to enter movies or something? Or what if we could enter a book within a book?" Sunlight Gleam exclaimed, pulling his own copy of the book out of thin air and flipping through it's pages.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ocean Wavedream

"Okay, then it's settled. Once we're all done unpacking, then we can go and check out what sports are available." Dynamo smiled, placing more of his belongings away around the corners of the room. Hearing Sunlight's remark, the blue colt's smile turned neutral, yet thoughtful. "I think if we have any questions, then we can always go to guidance Counselor Dawn. Maybe she would know something about managing student schedules." He would say, giving his two cents, before his jaw suddenly dropped. Almost turning into a statue himself, Dynamo had turned his attnetion towards Twinkle. "Wait, seriously!? They have arcades around Canterlot? What are they like? I can imagine they have a lot of games, right? Sort of like arcade machines, consoles or even other kinds of games and/or prize grabbers. I know I only got a glimpse when I first visited an aracade in Fillydelphia, but it's great to hear that they have a couple in Canterlot." If he were being honest, then he wondered if those in Canterlot had looked down upon video games. At the very least, some of the other colts that made that stray commented seemed to look that way.

"I wouldn't be against going around and exploring Canterlot. Since I'll be here for quite a while, I think it would be a good idea to know where to go. That way, I wouldn't feel lost in such a big city." Raising an eyebrow at the mention of the statues, the gaming colt let out a whistle in both surprise and amazement. "Over a thousand marble statues? Now that's a lot, but that's pretty impressive. I wonder if that's considered to be one of the big wonders of Equestria. Is there a reason behind that many marble statues?" He asks, genuinely curious towards the reasoning. However, upon seeing everyone's confused looks, as well as Twinkle's response and eyeball. Dynamo gave the group a sheepish expression, while rubbing the back of his neck with a front hoof. "When you put it that way, then I guess it was pretty obvious. I'm really sorry about that." At the question of his well being and of his horn, Dynamo took a deep breath, before letting out a soft sigh. 

"I'm really sorry and I promise that I'll be okay. I guess I just worry when I say certain things that might be seen as rude. I worry that I'll end up hurting somepony's feelings and then I lose them as a friend. So, I usually try to watch what I say most of the time. As for the horn, I admit that I'm not entirely sure. My mother's horn was a regular unicorn's horn, but my horn was like this ever since I was born. The doctor's were perplexed and couldn't explain why, but they had run their tests from what my parents told me." His eyes trailed up to where look at his unicorn horn on his forehead. "After their tests and analysis, they had concluded that my horn was a birth defect. I had magic, but I would have difficulty in molding magic, or not have any magic at all. However, I was able to prove those theories wrong." Looking back down at one of the game boxes, he concentrated, until the box was covered in an orange/amber glow. Slowly, he lifted the box up in a levitation spell, before carefully guiding the game over towards the open space on the shelves. Once the magic faded, Dynamo had let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "I still have trouble on certain spells, but I'm honestly thankful that I can use magic."

Listening to Twinkle's question of being bullied from helping others, Dynamo had turned his attention over towards the cream colored mare. "Let's just say that when you're at a young age, you'll pretty much believe anything somepony says and take their word. Back in Elementary school, there were a few bullies that didn't like me being kind to others. So, I guess they weren't keen on others trying to be friends. So, they made fun of me for various reasons like being the last in my class to get a cutie mark, or not being able to use magic. That, or they spread rumors that my horn was cursed. Saying that if anyone were to be near me or was my friend would make their unicorn horn to fall off or become one just like mine. Even when the other students got older and were probably told right from wrong, the damage was pretty much done. They went off and did their own things and I never really had a friend." As he finished explaining, Dynamo was caught off guard as the three unicorns had enveloped him in a hug. Hearing their words of comfort, Dynamo almost couldn't believe what he was hearing. "T-Thank you. All of you. It really means a lot to hear you all say that. You're all really kind and friendly." He wanted to say that they were great friends, but he wasn't sure if it was okay to ask.

Looking over at the games as they separated from the group hug, Dynamo nodded at the question. "Eeyup. I recently got these as a gift from my parents and the arcade owner. I guess it was a going away gift due to being accepted at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, but I guess it's a way of saying to follow my dreams." He would say, before tilting his head in curiosity at Twinkle's game of interest. "If there's still time today, then did you want to stop by the arcade? I would love to see what game you're interested in. Who knows? Maybe it's multiplayer and we can all try and have fun together." He says, nodding in understanding at the mention of not having video games at home. "I've only read the first few pages, but Haycart's method is pretty good read, in my opinion. So, I don't doubt you when you say it's certainly interesting." He turned to Sunlight and nodded. Fully agreeing on learning and wanting to try out different kinds of spells. Upon the mention of other media, Dynamo blinked in surprise. "I wonder if that would be a kind of book-ception when it comes to enter a book within a book. Although, that is an interesting theory to look into. What you said about entering movies or anything of the sort. There's actually something I noticed." Showing Sunlight and the others the book, there would be a sticky note hanging out of the book. Almost acting like a bookmark of sorts, before opening the book to that specific page. "This is the one of the first few pages that I read, but on the note there seems to be theories being put on there. When you mentioned movies, it got me thinking of what Mr. Pinball had written on here." Slowly taking the note out of the book, he gave it to Sunlight to read. "This is just a guess, but do you think it might be possible to enter a video game?"

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

@Dynamo Pad 

"Yeah, let's visit Guidance Consoler Dawn once you finish. I'm surprised that she didn't mention this though. You would think that she would either have said this outloud or have put it in the schedule somewhere," Sunlight Gleam said, flipping through his schedule once more for dramatic effect. 

The group gave Dynamo Pad a funny look when he acted surprised that there were arcades in Canterlot. "Of course there are arcades in Canterlot! They have everything here. This isn't some kind of cave-city; It's the crown jewel of Equestria. This place is the place to be to see all that is new and exciting! For example, that new modern art going up in the museum down the street. Apparently, it's 10,000 pieces of paper suspended in the air. Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, there's so much going on in Canterlot, and I would love to show you around. " Twinkle Theory explained, giggling a bit about the new art exhibit. She wondered just how little Dynamo Pad knew about Canterlot. However, that would mean that Twinkle Theory would have more to show Dynamo Pad.

"Oh, at least half of those are in the Canterlot garden. Ponies aren't usually allowed to go there, but I went there once. There were statues of all kinds of strange creatures there. It's really weird. As for the ones in the city, well they are well known unicorns," Sunlight Gleam explained. 

Twinkle Theory visibly scrunched up her nose when she heard about Dynamo Pad being bullied. "Well if anypony is going to bully anpony in this group, they are going to have to go through me, and they don't call me Twinkle 'Roaster' Theory for nothing!" Twinkle Theory declared, stamping her hoof in the ground dramatically.

"Or you could just disappear..." Sealight Silhouette whispered, who seemed to suddenly reappear when she spoke up.

"Yeah I guess that also works. Don't ask me how she does it though. Even she doesn't know," Twinkle Theory said, which caused Sealight to blush.

"Hey, about your curved horn; According to the archives at Canterlot Library, the shape of your horn affects the way the magical spells are shaped when you cast them. Because of this, some spells would naturally be easier if they require that certain twist, but some spells would be harder. According to my research, you can change the way you cast magic to compensate for the twist the in a similar way unicorns with straight horns twist certain spells for maximum effect. Long story short, you are good at magic and you don't know it yet because you managed to get accepted here," Twinkle Theory rambled.

"Yup, not only is she the protector of the group, she's also the researcher of the group. I prefer casting magic rather than researching about it. For example, this," Sunlight Gleam said as he pulled out a piece of paper. He created two portals at the same height as each other and threw the paper through one of them. It came out of the other one.

When Dynamo Pad hooved the book over to Sunlight, Sunlight grabbed it with his magic and looked at it. "Hmm, that would make sense... Yeah... It says that there needs to be further research on how this could be applied to other things," Sunlight read. He continued to scan the pages for a bit and he felt Twinkle Theory reading over his shoulder. "Anyways, if you are finished unpacking, let's go meet Guidence Consoler Dawn, then take a look around Canterlot," He said when he looked up again.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

@Skylight Scintillate

As he noticed the odd looks they had on their faces, Dynamo had tilted his head in confusion. He wondered if he had said something wrong, but he continued to listen to Twinkle's explanation of Canterlot. "I'm really sorry, everyone. When I was wondering about if there'd be classes on video games, some colts had made some remarks. Saying that it's a school of magic and not something for video games. I know that video games are fun, but I can imagine that it might not be well liked in certain areas. With how prestigious Canterlot is, I guess I was afraid that some found video games to be beneath them, or a waste of time." He reached up as he rubbed the back of his neck with his front left hoof. The three he had met felt trustworthy, but he still wasn't sure as this was his first time being in Canterlot. He heard his mother mention stories about this place, or what he had learned in school, but learning and being somewhere were two different things. "With how you described it, Canterlot does sound like an interesting place to visit. I'd never imagine 10,000 pieces of paper floating in the air." His eyes widened in surprise and wonder, a chuckle escaping as he heard Twinkle's infectious giggle. "I know I'd like to explore Canterlot sometime. If you don't mind, that is. If I'm going to be here for a while, then I'd love to see what this city has to offer. That sounds pretty daring to venture into places you're not allowed to go to, but I can imagine it being worth it." Dynamo responded, turning his attention from Twinkle to Sunlight. 

"Hopefully, not too scary or frightening of creature statues. Unless they were known for something particular in Equestrian history to gain a statue for knowledge-sake. I wonder if Mistmane and any other well known unicorns would have their own statues. I hope they'll allow others to visit as it sounds good to check out. Also, thank you." He turned back towards Twinkle after his ears perked at the sound of a hoof stamping. Along with taking note of the scrunched up expression on her face when the topic of bullying was brought up. Even so, he still smiled softly with a soft blush. "It really means a lot to hear you say that and I don't doubt you. It's the same for me as I don't like seeing anyone getting bullied by others. If they have to go through me, then I know I can always try and solve it through video games. It's how my teacher had taught me when trying to stand up to bullies through non-violence." He would say, before jumping slightly as Slight Silhouette had reappeared out of nowhere. 

"I was about to ask how did Sealight reappear out of nowhere, but you answered my question for me, Twinkle. I wonder if it's a kind of magic spell that's casted without realizing it. Maybe we can look into it as I would like to get to know more about each of you. I know we just met, but it's really nice to talk and hang out like this." Upon the mention of his horn, Dynamo turned back towards Twinkle, who had gone into a ramble about the way his magic worked. His eyes trailing up to the horn protruding from his forehead, Dynamo let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. "Huh. I never really thought about it like that. With how my mom tried to teach me about magic, I thought you had to try and force the magic to happen. Unless you had to feel the magic like she does, but that's usually with her special talent." He had trouble following, but it was all still new for him. To the blue colt, he tried to hold onto each word Twinkle spoke. All the while, feeling appreciative of his new friend's assistance. "I'll admit that I'm still having trouble understanding as I never knew that you'd need to twist the spell to make that magic spell more effective. If we ever get time to practice magic, then I'd love to work together to learn it. Also, t-thank you. Nobody's really ever said that before." He had received praise from his parents, but the same couldn't be said when it came to friends. Sure, he had competitors mention that he wasn't half bad, but it didn't feel the same, in a sense.

"Based on everything, then it sounds like Twinkle is a very reliable pony and friend when it comes to the group. I guess I'm more on Twinkle's side when it comes to magic. At least when it comes to learning about the spell in question, before trying to cast it. I guess it depends on how other's learn or prefer to use magic. I still think that your way of magic is pretty cool, Sunlight." He smiled, before seeing a spell being used by Sunlight in action. Nothing the spell in particular, Dynamo's eyes widened significantly, while his jaw nearly dropped to the floor. There, standing before the group, were two portals as a piece of paper flew through the portals in a cycle. "How did you do that!? That literally looks like the ability one uses in the game, Portal. Using a weapon that launches portals on walls or objects to go from one location to the other!" His eyes lit up as it was like watching a video game in real life. Taking a moment to calm down, he took a deep breath and exhaled. All the while, getting back on track from Sunlight's thoughts on the note that was in the book he had presented to the group. 

"I guess with what you showed in that spell and this note, then it looks like games being like magic is possible. Even going into a video game doesn't sound too far fetched, but I can't deny the idea that further research is needed. Maybe it's better to look into this over time and even practice it. Who knows? Maybe it'll all lead into a sort of discovery that hasn't been seen before." As he finished putting everything away where it needed to be, Dynamo nodded as he inspected his room once more. Everything looked perfect as this room felt like his home away from home. "Oh, just a moment." Just as he was about to head out with the group, Dynamo rushed back to his bags to check to see if one item was brought with him. Sure enough, he smiled as he pulled what looked to be a black jacket with yellow/gold and silver lines going up and down the jacket in a sort of design. There was even a yellow orb that was connected to the zipper that would be easy to zip up and down if used with magic. Once he dawned the jacket and zipped up, Dynamo looked to the three with a smile and nod. "Okay! I'm all set and ready to go. Let's go and see Guidance Counselor Dawn. I agree that I'm surprised she didn't mention about the sports, as well. Maybe most students are more focused on their studies that they aren't interested in sports, until later on?" It was mostly a theory, but he still couldn't make heads or tails on the situation at hoof.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

*Note, due to reasons, some of the names have changed in the RP.

Twinkle Theory laughed when Dynamo Pad explained how he thought that the general public of Canterlot looked down on videogames. "That's ridiculous. If that was the case, than why would arcades even exist in Canterlot? If it's chic, it's in Canterlot, and some smart pony managed to make arcades chic," Twinkle Theory explained, struggling not to burst into laughter in the middle of her sentence. "Oh yeah, apparently, paper floating in the air is one of the trends going through Canterlot right now. Everypony thinks it's so chic. I didn't really take you for an art pony, but we can visit the art museum this weekend if you are interested. We should probably make a bucket list of places to visit in Canterlot and put the arcade and the art museum on it." Twinkle Theory nudged Skylight Scintillate, who seemed to get the idea.

Skylight Scintillate lit up when he got the idea. He cast a spell, which seemed summoned a very unusual looking parchment and feather that appeared slightly translucent, almost as though they were made purely of magic. "Ok, bucket list, art museum, arcade, got it," Skylight said, writing all those down at an incredible speed before casting another spell which caused the magical items to vanish.

"Hmm, confronting bullies through videogames. I have to say I haven't heard of that before. I do think that trying to deal with bullies through non-violent means is preferable, but why would the bullies losing make them back down? Wouldn't that just make them angrier? Though I guess it really depends on the bully and the kinds of things that make them snap..." Skylight whispered to himself as he pondered in thought.

When Dynamo Pad circled back to Sealight's and his own magic, Skylight spoke up. "Yeah magic is an element of nature. That's probably why Sealight is able to disappear. However, that's why you shouldn't try too hard to force magic to happen, or you might hurt yourself. Don't worry, I'm sure the school will teach you everything for you to be able to use your magic to it's full potential. I heard the teachers here are the best of the best."

"Oh that portal thing seems cool and even I can do it, but it really isn't that useful without ridiculous amounts of magic. It works by compressing the space between the two portals. Because of this, there are tons of restrictions, such as they must be at the same height facing the same direction, at a relatively close distance, in a straight line relative to the direction that they work with no obstructions between them. Anyways, enough about what Skylight can do. I better flex my magic before you think he's a Marty Stu. So you're ready to see Guidance Counselor Dawn? How about we get there instantly?" Twinkle Theory asked hypothetically after Dynamo dawned his jacket. 

Twinkle Theory pulled a big red button out of nowhere and pressed it in the most dramatic way possible with her magic. A buzzing noise filled the air as the quartet felt themselves vaporizing. A millisecond later, the group felt themselves rematerialize in the main plaza. Skylight didn't seem surprised that they were suddenly facing each other standing on the circular design of the main plaza just outside the main office. However, Sealight looked a bit queasy. "Warn me before you do something like that," she said.

"Ta da!" Twinkle Theory said dramatically, pointing her hoof at Guidance Counselor Dawn's office. "Oh, and that reference is old but I'm still waiting the the next big thing..." Twinkle said, pointing at the holographic text that said "meeting summoned."

Before anypony could react, the doors of Guidance Counselor Dawn's office opened, and out trotted the group of colts that were laughing about videogames earlier. "Well, looks like it's our turn now," Skylight Scintillate said as he trotted in right behind the colts.

• 2 months later...

@Skylight Scintillate

Dynamo had blinked in surprise as Twinkle had suddenly laughed. At first he thought he was being laughed at for what he had said. Just like how it was whenever he was treated by other ponies his age back in Fillydelphia. His ears fell as he wondered if he was being made fun of, while a frown started to form upon his face. He quickly shook his head as he tried to erase such thoughts from his mind as he remembered the three of them considered him as their friend. 'No. I can't act like that. They said that I was their friend and this is probably how they treat their friends. That, or this is how friends would act with one another. If I'm going to learn about what it's like to have a friend, then I can't keep acting like everyone is out to get me.' As she explained, Dynamo's expression softened, while having a bit of curiosity. "I'm not sure, to be honest. I never would have thought that video games and chic would go hoof in hoof. From how I saw it, I felt that not many would find video games to be chic. Do you happen to know of the pony that managed to make that possible in Canterlot? It sounds pretty fascinating now that you mention it." He would say, before nodding at the explanation that was told. "Are there multiple kinds of trends going through Canterlot, or does it usually go from one trend to the next as time goes by? Since we're in Canterlot, then I can imagine the paper floating are held up by magic. Although, I wonder if it's a concentrated magic source that's constantly flowing through the paper. Thereby, making them float in the air without the need of strings or something to keep them being held up in the air." He would say, before nodding to confirm Twinkle's thoughts. "Whenever I play video games, there are some nice backdrops that feel like it's a painting. I know it's probably not the same with a museum, but I can definitely appreciate some art since they have some sort of meaning behind them." He smiled as he was about to agree on a bucket list.

However, his words were silenced as as Skylight casted a spell, which created a translucent parchment and feather. Dynamo's eyes widened in shock and awe, while wondering how magic like that was even possible. He almost wanted to put his hoof through the feather and parchment to see if his hoof could pass through it, but the magical items were gone as soon as they came. "Woah. How did you do that? Is that the same kind of magic that you used to make that double portal from before Skylight?" He would ask, tilting his head as he thought he heard Skylight whisper about something, but decided not to pry as not to be rude or nosy. "I guess it's an element of nature as magic isn't usually natural or something like that. Since we all have different kinds of magic, then it's hard to explain why we have that particular magic. Which is probably why it fits in the whole element of nature. Unless I'm looking to much into it, then I'm sorry about that. I guess with the book my teacher gave me, I've always wondered the different kinds of magic is out there in regards to video games." He explained, nodding as he listened to the conversation. "I can imagine that if you force magic to happen, then it either doesn't work, you might hurt yourself like you mentioned, or it just drains you more of your magic then you were originally intending, right?" He asks, smiling softly in relief and reassurance that the school they were going to would help them. 

As Twinkle explained and broke down the portal spell, Dynamo had an expression as if he was lost. It all seemed confusing, but she was right about the restrictions. Shaking his head, he tried to gather his bearings on the subject at hoof. "It sounds like it's pretty risky with how much magic is needed to perform the spell. That, and it definitely doesn't sound like the portal that I'm thinking of from video games. Since you can place portals in a straight line, before placing another in a higher area or different area that's not a straight line. With how much magic it takes to use that spell, then I suppose there's only so much that can be done. Unless in time, the effects increase with more magic being put into the spell with practice and studying." He nodded as Twinkle asked if he was ready, before tilting his head at the mention of getting to Guidance Counselor Dawn instantly. "Uh...instantly? I'm all for getting there as soon as we can, but how do we...? He never got a chance to finish his sentence as Twinkle Theory pulled a big red button out of nowhere.

As said button was pressed with her magic, Dynamo's ears perked as he thought he had heard the sound of buzzing. He had hoped that there wasn't any bees around, but this didn't sound like the buzzing of bees. Rather, a different kind of buzzing noise as the group began to vaporize on the spot. Dynamo's eyes widened, before the group was soon dematerializing at the main plaza. Just like Sealight, Dynamo had a dazed look in his eyes and felt queazy from the sudden trip. "Ugh...d-did anyone get the number of that taxi? Huh? Whew~! What pretty colors." He shook his head and took a few deep breaths to recompose himself. "Huh? What reference are you talking about Twinkle? Also, if it's okay with you. Can you let us know when you are going to do something like that? If that's a new way to teleport, then it's really cool, but I'm really not used to something like that." He would say, before suddenly going quiet as the group of colts he saw before had stepped out of the office. Dynamo had just followed Skylight and the others into the office with no intention of crossing paths with the group of colts.

Meanwhile, one of the colts from the group had turned back to take a look at the quartet. Raising an eyebrow, he thought he had recognized one of the two colts, but they door to the office closed as soon as they had left. "That couldn't have been who I thought it was...could it?" He mumbled to himself, but it was loud enough for one of the colts in his group to hear him.

@Dynamo Pad 

"Please, take a seat," Guidance Counselor Dawn said, gesturing to the couch across the desk from her while she levitated multiple papers in the air simultaneously. "Let's see, Dynamo Pad, Twinkle Theory, Skylight Scintillate, Sealight Silhouette," the guidance counselor said, gesturing to each of the ponies respectively. Skylight nodded and Guidance Counselor Dawn pumped her hoof in the air. "Yes, got it correct on the first try! Haven't messed up yet today! Ok, who wants to fill out their schedule first? Let's do Skylight Scintillate," the guidance counselor said.

"You are into statistics, science, badminton, pottery, and doing magic. I'll add the first four subjects as classes to your schedule. For the last one, well this is a school of magic so you will already be taking a lot of classes in magic, but it does seem like you are particularly interested the magic of friendship, so I think you might be a match for the Princess Twilight Fanfilly Club," Guidance Counselor Dawn said. Skylight Scintillate nodded and Guidance Counselor Dawn added the classes to Skylight's schedule while simultaneously adding Skylight's name to the class list, all while levitating Skylight's notes about his interests in the air. 

"Let's see, Twinkle Theory, wow, you literally have the exact same interests except for the sport," Guidance Counselor Dawn said as she checked the other interest notes. She giggled a little at what she saw, which caused Twinkle Theory to smile cheekily. "Let me guess. You three all put the same interests so you would be put in the same classes together? Well except for the sport? Sports are pretty flexible though. I can work with that," Guidance Counselor Dawn said, putting the exact same classes in Twinkle Theory's and Sealight Silhouette's schedule. "Any questions or requests?" she asked the trio. They all shock their heads. 

"Ok, Dynamo Pad; videogames..." Guidance Counselor Dawn trailed off. She looked over at Dynamo Pad then back to Dynamo Pad's interest note she was levitating.

• 2 weeks later...

@Skylight Scintillate

Upon hearing the guidance counselor Dawn request, there group had entered her office. As Dynamo walked around to take a seat on the couch, he had taken notice of multiple pieces of paper flying and floating simultaneously in the air. It must have been a lot of magic practice and concentration to hold multiple things in the air with magic. While it may have been only paper, the fact of the matter had stayed the same. As his name was called, he nodded to confirm Guidance Counselor Dawn's assumptions. He was surprised from the guidance counselor throwing a fist in the air, before smiling and nearly chuckling at the actions. He couldn't blame her as he felt he could relate. It didn't take long as Dawn had begun filling out class schedules for the group. With Skylight going first, he had started to learn some subjects and interests that his new friends were into. With how the classes were handled, Dynamo had raised an eyebrow at the mention of Fanfilly Clubs. With there being school, there would also be after school clubs. However, he didn't expect there to be clubs for other things such as clubs for the magic of friendship, or anything else along those lines. 

With Twinkle Theory and afterwards Sealight's schedule, Dynamo had begun to notice a trend. Glancing to Twinkle to see her smiling, it was becoming known that the others had taken the same classes together. While there were one or two differences, it must have been a plan for them to still see each other, while also spending time together in class. The gaming unicorn smiled as he found that to be a good idea. It was always fun to still see friends and to work together whenever there were class activities to be paired into groups. His smile slowly faded as Guidance Counselor Dawn had called upon him. With Dynamo's interests being listed, an audible gulp could be heard as he began to grow nervous. "Uhm...is e-everything okay, Miss Dawn?" He nervously asked, hoping that everything was okay.

@Dynamo Pad 

“Um, not really. You see, the thing is the only interest you have listed on your sheet is video games, and we don’t exactly have a class for that. We have a video game club, and a Princess Luna Fanfilly Club that could also be a match, but I’m going to need interests that could be classes,” Guidance Counselor Dawn said. She suddenly glanced suspiciously at the door before casting a silencing spell on it.

”Look, I’m assuming you’re all friends, but whatever we say here stays in here. One of the requirements for being accepted in this school is an essay about how magic is one of your interests, and what kinds of magic you are interested in, and how magic is important to you, so you’re going to have to tell me now so I know which magic classes would work best for you. Also, you should probably tell me your other interests. Like, Skylight Scintillate over here has introduced a new type of magic: digital magic. While we don’t have a class for that, he is interested in taking classes that study the magic Twilight uses (The magic of friendship and such. Also, tell me about your learning style. For example, These three learn best when the teacher is friendly and flexible and dotes them. They don’t do well under pressure. So what about you?”

Skylight Scintillate blushed slightly when he was mentioned, but he cast the spell that caused the magical tablet from earlier to appear for Dynamo Pad to see.