Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Bounties and Video Games, 1x1 with Dynamo Pad

Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"I guess they can also be called bullies, but a regular bully sounds less intimidating than a criminal..." Dynamo responded with a nod. "...The way to succeed that way doesn't sound really pretty, but I guess brutal tactics can be very effective. I know it's not the same, but it's sort of like video games. You can either be respectful of the game, or be underhanded and brutal. I've seen others who perform some of the most disrespectful plays in a game and always become the victor. Even though I try to earn the win, I will admit that I've had to resort to being unfair if the other player disrespects me. I don't doubt that showing fear or weakness will come back to haunt you in the long run..." He smiled softly at the mention of Ember believing him, before nodding with a neutral expression, while listening to her explanation.

"...I understand. I can't just think that if I give you enough compliments, then the reactions might change. Seeing how if I did that, then the same compliments will get old pretty quickly..." He chuckled slightly in a joking tone. "...I remember earlier that you seemed pretty hostile and/or harsh when we first met. You don't seem harsh or hostile right now. I get what you mean because it's sort of how you had to get used to being in the bounty hunting business. With how you told me mares and other female creatures were treated by others. I like you for who you are, no matter what. Besides, I can kind of relate, in a way. With the way I sound, I'm either too quiet when I'm speaking to someone. Either that, or I get called rude or that I have an attitude when I raise my voice for others to hear me." It might not have been the same situation, but Dynamo felt that he could understand what Ember had talked about.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
Ember wasn't fully sure if Dynamo actually could understand or relate even if he claimed he did, but she appreciated his words regardless, as she knew their intent. She didn't really have anything more to say on this specific topic, so she only nodded as response, before eating a bit to have a reason to stay quiet for a moment, after which she spoke "Now that we are in the topic of my job again, is there any more questions that has been raised in your mind?..." "...or do you have questions about me in general?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

At the mention on the topic of her job, Dynamo had taken a bite of his food and was quiet. He thought for a moment if he had any other questions that he wanted to ask about her in general. "Hmm...I'm not entirely sure. You told me that you are an omnivore, you don't eat and/or add gems to food, we talked about pets, we talked about the things we like as well as music..." He muttered to himself as he listed off their conversation topics, while trying to think of what else to ask her. "...Oh! I think I got a question, or a few, in fact. Seeing how we talked about likes and hobbies. Is there anything that you outright dislike? I could probably guess that one thing is that some of the criminals in the business of bounty hunters, who call you 'Miss' and other terms that you explained earlier. Although, are there other things that you just can't stand? Also, the same can be said about me. Is there any other questions that you might want to ask me? Anything that may have caught your attention, or something like that?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Firstly, I'd like to add to your guess that it's not only criminals, it's all creatures that purposely cause any kind of harm to other, innocent creatures..." Ember corrected "...but for other things..." she had to actually think for a moment "...nothing comes to mind, I haven't really thought about it before so only things that come to mind are things that most normal creatures dislike, like for example dishonesty and such..." "...And for questions to you, nope, still nothing, I really don't know what one usually asks in these situations...what about..the same question back to you, what do you hate?"

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"So, I can imagine my guess wasn't too far off of the mark. Even though I'm learning about all of this now. I guess I still have a lot to learn when it involves bounty hunters and/or crime-world..." Dynamo responded. "...That's understandable as trust, honesty and such are very important when it comes to a relationship or friendship, in general..." He nodded, thinking for a moment as the question was directed back at him. "...If there was anything I hated or disliked, then it's the same for me. I don't like those that bully the innocent, seeing others being picked on for what they love, being told what you can and cannot do and learn. If there was anything else that I dislike, then I would have to go and say anything that tastes sour. I'm more of a sweets kind of guy, so sour and I just don't see eye to eye. Is there anything that you fear? I can imagine that you've gone through a lot when you work as a bounty hunger. So, I can only guess that nothing would really make you fearful of anything. Although, I could be completely wrong on that guess."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"You are right, I don't fear anything..." Ember stated "...when you look death into its eyes as your job...you change..." it took her a moment to say the last too words, indicating she had being thinking about the best way to say it "...but, that doesn't mean I am not afraid of anything, as there is a difference, and what I'm afraid of...i'm afraid my actions will some day lead to harm towards someone who doesn't deserve it." her tone was serious, but what else would one really expect, since it was fears they were talking about.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hmm...I had a feeling that would be the case..." Dynamo responded with a nod. "...I'm guessing that you've face that kind of feeling head on throughout the time of your job? I can't say that I understand that, but I know what you mean about change..." He was silent for a moment as what he wanted to say next still bothered him. "...After I lost my dad, I felt like I had changed. I felt like I had lost hope and that I didn't know what really mattered anymore. However, I went through a bit of an experience that helped me to see that my dad is still with me in spirit. Plus, I found a true friend that has helped me to see that hope isn't truly broken. What I mean is that I get the idea of one changing. Since I've learned to always enjoy life and that while things can't last forever, it also means that I should cherish what I have now..." He frowned slightly at the seriousness in her tone. "...Has there ever been a time where you couldn't go through with the job that you had to carry out? I can only imagine that there may be a task that has one meaning, but another meaning behind it. Sort of like a double edged sword of sorts, or something like that. For me, I guess I'm afraid of failure. I know that might sound foolish, but I'm not exactly the brightest pony in the world. There are times where I still fail and that I don't understand what I did wrong, or what I could have done. It makes me worry if might not be smart enough to be able to achieve my dreams and such. Besides being afraid of spiders, I'm also afraid of failure that would result in losing those that are important to me. That one day, everyone will just up and leave me behind."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
It wasn't clear what Ember was thinking or feeling when Dynamo mentioned his dad, and her just replying with understanding nod when Dynamo had finished the whole story didn't make that any clearer . "No, I have never failed to finish my job, because if there ever is a job that I'm not sure if I should do it or not, I simply don't take that job, sometimes I even hunt down other hunters because they have taken...questionable jobs..." basically jobs where the target is innocent, since only criminals put bounties on innocent, and if you work for a criminal, you're a criminal. "...And fear of failure is rather common actually, and the irony is that that fear is the thing stopping you from achieving your full potential, you could say that the biggest failure is the fear of failure. Take me for example, would I be so good at what I do if I constantly worried about failing?..." "...I of course am not saying I am not concerned about it, since like I told earlier, failing in this line of work is pretty bad, but the difference is that instead of fearing it, I prepare for it."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"From what you've told me, I can see that you are a very competent bounty hunter. I had a feeling you weren't someone who would fail at their job, but I didn't want to assume. I do like how you don't just take the job right then and there. It shows you know when a job is either too risky, or not worth it altogether..." Dynamo explained with a nod. "...When you said 'questionable jobs.' Did you mean taking down those who hired others to get someone who was innocent...?" He asks, feeling slightly worried, before a thought had crossed his mind. "Speaking of which. Since it seems like I'm not who you thought I was. What are you going to do now with the ones who hired you with false information...?" He still wasn't sure about who hired Ember to try and scare him, but he wondered where she would go from here. As he listened to her explanation, Dynamo stared in awe at the pony-dragon hybrid. What she had said made a lot of sense to him, while allowing his mind to open up to something he never thought of before. "...I never really thought of it that way. I guess I was so worried about failing that I guess I held myself back from any negative possibilities..." He shook his head at her quick question. "...No. You don't seem like the type of individual who would worry about failing. For me, I just worry that I'll always fail because I won't, or I'll be unable to understand what I had done wrong. The only difference is that I just have to keep practicing and learning from my mistakes. Even if those mistakes are difficult to interpret. Thank you for telling me that Ember. I think I really needed to hear that..." He offered her an appreciative, yet kind smile with a nod. "...The only other question I could think of is this. Do you have any dreams for the future that you used to think about when you were younger, or even now?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Ember nodded to the question about the questionable jobs. "I will teach them what happens if you try to mess with me, but before that I will dig up all their dirt to see how severe lesson I need to teach..." she explained, nodding to rest what Dynamo said until the question "...Dreams...Not anymore really, I used to have, all kind of naive dreams like most kids often have, but nowadays, I have dug myself too deep into danger that any dreams I could have simply can't come true."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I have no doubt about that. Do you happen to know what they looked like or any features that stood out for them to be recognizable? Perhaps I can help in letting you know who had sent false information for your job description. I won't lie as I'm a little mad that someone was out to get me. However, there's nothing that I can really do. That is, except to just wait and hope that they will be brought to justice..." Dynamo responded with a nod, before frowning as he took a sip of his beverage. "...Really? I mean, there isn't a single dream from back then that you still have now? I can understand what you mean as I always wanted to try and be a science teacher. I remember watching so many shows that dealt with science experiments and such. However, after I gained my mark. I decided that I wanted to try and become a professional gamer, while trying to publish my own games on the side for others to play and have fun. Also, I don't think you've dug yourself too deep into this danger that you speak of. If you've dug yourself into that predicament, then I think you can also dig yourself out. I'd even be there to help bring you back so you could make that particular dream come true." He says, offering a kind smile to Ember.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"It was a nameless job but the bullies you mentioned are the main suspects, and more likely ones, because as harsh as it sounds, you're quite insignificant in the grand scheme of things, so it's very unlikely that anyone significant would go through the trouble to lie about you for something so small as scaring you...." Ember explained, rather coldly "...And I appreciate your assuring words, but unfortunately it's not that simple, I have powerful enemies, and taking them down brings only more enemies, so the only way out is to either die or disappear and make it look like I died." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As Ember had explained, Dynamo nodded in understanding as he listened to what she had to say. He frowned as his ears fell slightly, while listening to the harsh explanation. He assumed that she didn't mean any offense by how she spoke in her tone and such, but he had hoped that she could have been nicer about it. "I had a feeling about that. I try to make a good name for myself as I want to respect my opponents. I know that other gamer's in the competitive scene aren't always the friendliest, but we have to all be a good sport whether we win or lose. I was going to imagine that you would go and track down the bullies and return the favor. Seeing how they sent you on a wild goose chase, while it only lead up to a sort of misunderstanding. I can't really blame you on what you had said, but I guess the way you said it is basically how it all works in the crime-world..." Dynamo responded, feeling surprised that even she had her own enemies. "...I can understand that there would be some in the crime-world that have their sorts of enemies. I just didn't expect you to have anyone that would be out to take you down. Do these powerful enemies have other enemies of their own? I would only hope that they would get brought into fighting, so they would be able to leave you alone in peace. I wouldn't want to lose you, but disappearing doesn't sound like a good option either. Although, I guess there's always a way to go and try to avoid any sort of detection."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Don't take it personally, in fact, your boss, hay, the princesses are insignificant when you ask the right creatures, it only means that no powerful creature would benefit from you not being around..." Ember clarified, since Dynamo didn't seem to understand the reason for her harsh words "...for contrast, I'm quite significant only because I do what I do and do it well..." creatures that didn't take part in the crime world didn't concern really anyone who would put a bounty on someone. "...and yes all big names are enemies with each other, but at the same time, enemy of your enemy is your friend, and creatures like I are a common enemy for those big names because we pose a risk..." "...and lastly, avoiding detection is the definition of disappearing. The thing is, if I just disappear, they will look for me, because nothing is worse than dangerous enemy you can't see, but if they were to think I'm dead, they wouldn't, for obvious reasons."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As Ember went into more detail of her explanation, Dynamo had listened intently as he felt as if he was finally starting to understand. "I think I get what you're trying to say Ember. What you mean is that there are those that are seen as insignificant, that they are registered as a threat to certain creatures in the crime-world. Considering they aren't as powerful, or something along those lines..." He blinked a couple of times in surprise, before tilting his head. "...Huh. It's just somewhat odd when you place the Princesses in the same category as myself and my boss. I would have expected to learn the Princesses keep the crime-world in line. Just in case something were to happen that would cause a sort of uprising, or something like that. It's just weird to hear Princess and insignificant in the same sentence..." He nodded as just by looking at the pony-dragon hybrid, she looked to be someone, who could get the job completed. "...I guess that's true as the old saying goes. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I always had trouble understanding that, but after what you had just mentioned to me. It appears that I've just learned something new..."

"...I'm assuming that since you are part dragon, then you pose more of a risk because of how strong dragons are...?" He raised an eyebrow and shrugged his shoulders. He didn't know much about dragons, but it was the only idea that he could go off from to go along with her statement. "...If there was a way to fake being eliminated, then that would mean those who are pursuing you would lose the trail. I'd always hate to have an enemy that's both dangerous and one that I couldn't see. It'd like getting the feeling that you're being watched. Always constantly looking behind your shoulder as if someone is right there." He shuddered as he didn't want to imagine that feeling.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Yes, you would assume princesses would keep crime in check, but they are way too busy keeping an eye on threats against Equestria, and just between us, the royal guard is absolutely useless against anyone who knows what they are doing, they are soldiers, not detectives."

"Well, I am stronger than most earth ponies, and I can breathe fire, but that has nothing to do with the reason why I'm seen as a huge risk. There's plenty of dragons in the business, most stronger than I am, what makes me a risk is my skills, there's a reason why I'm still fine even when literally everyone knows who I am..." Ember explained "...And you're right about feeling like you're always being watched, now, add to that the knowledge that your enemy has taken down creatures more powerful than you, and you understand why they wouldn't stop searching for me if they didn't know where I went..."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hmm...I guess that's why they chose others to take the role of Princess. Not only to help stop threats against Equestria, but maybe to help oversee any trouble that might transpire..." Dynamo looked from the side to side, before leaning over next to Ember. "...Just make sure that Princess Twilight doesn't hear that. She was Princess Celestia's student, so I could imagine she'd flip if she heard someone talking badly about her mentor..." He chuckled as he was clearly joking, but he knew that Ember had made a point. "...You don't need to tell me twice on the guards. I remember hearing that a pony from the olden days, Flash Magnus, has returned and taken up the job or leading the royal guard. I agree that the royal guard aren't exactly the detective type, but they haven't really done that much when Equestria was threatened. I can even recall knowing someone who becomes angered when his royal guard aren't keeping any intruders away."

"I don't doubt that you are strong than most earth ponies. Considering that dragons have impenetrable bodies made of dragon scales. You are able to fly and breathe fire. That's basically the powers of a unicorn and pegasus pony combined, as well. Are you sure you're not an Alicorn in disguise...?" He smirked playfully at his terrible joke, before shaking his head. "I'm just kidding, but still. With what you told me, it shows me that you are a capable individual with your set of skills. I'm surprised that there are dragons that are stronger than you, but I guess its' because they are fully dragons, or something like that..." Dynamo nodded at her explanation. "...If that were the case, then I'd be worried about falling asleep at night. I'd also feel as if I'd need to be on my best behavior and not get anyone mad at me. Unless I want to gain the wrath of the one who has it out for me. I guess I see what you mean now. It's like outsmarting them wouldn't work all that well if they see the idea coming from a mile away." He sighed, feeling utterly surprised at how chaotic the crime-world sounded.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Impenetrable is bit of an exaggeration, there's a reason why I wear an armor...." Ember pointed out, not really reacting to Dynamo's joke "...and I'm really surprised you would think that I would be even near to the strongest creatures around, because if talking about raw strength, I'm quite average when compared to creatures of my size, in fact, even though I'm stronger than most earth ponies, a pony could rather easily be stronger than me if they'd just bother to exercise enough." 
she just nodded at Dynamo's last point. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I guess it's sort of an exaggeration, but it's sort of the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a dragon..." Dynamo explained, listening to Ember's explanation. "...I wouldn't say it's that surprising. I was always told years ago that dragons were a creature to be feared. The only difference is that nowadays, ponies and dragons are trying to learn to work together in friendship, harmony and such. Since I moved to Ponyville, I have heard of creatures that live out in the Everfree Forest. Creatures like the Ursa Minor, Ursa Major, Timber Wolves and something about a Bugbear. I haven't seen them face to face, but I'm going more along the lines of what I see as the strongest creature..." "...I'm going to assume that being half pony, that would mean it's not fully the strength of a true dragon? I mean, I'm not sure if this is an educated guess. However, when it comes to be half pony, does that mean you retain more of earth pony heritage? I'm not sure if you tested it out as being more physical strength." Dynamo noted as he began to think in wonder.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Actually I think my pony side is more pegasus than earth pony, because I'm able to walk on clouds without any spells..." Ember responded "...I can't shape them or control weather like pegasis do, but I can walk on them...." "...And yes, I'm not nearly as strong as regular dragon can be, but that's also partly because of size difference, and not only because of me being part pony." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"That's actually pretty interesting. I would have just thought that since you already have dragon wings, then the type of pony that you are would be different, or something along those lines. I know that pegasus ponies are known for the weather and are pretty good flyers. I can only imagine how fast and accurate you are when it comes to aero mobility..." Dynamo responded with a nod. "At least you're able to walk on clouds. Normally, I would have to use a cloud walking spell to be able to even walk on said cloud. I can imagine the cloud are fluffy and very comfy to walk on. It's a good think your parents are Pegasi. Although, I do wonder if regular dragons can walk on clouds..." "...I guess I can see that, but I never knew strength was based on size difference like a height of a dragon. It seems like I don't know dragons as much as I thought. Granted, I've never really studied how dragons are like when it comes to different subjects."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"Well, my halves aren't determined by what I already have, they are determined by who ever my parents are..." Ember pointed out "...and of course strength relates to your size, how many creatures you know who are physically stronger than someone two or more times bigger than them, not counting the use of magic? And I haven't studied dragons in general either, all I know is based on experience, but since local dragons grow based on greed, the dragons I meet are quite big, and they could pretty easily just crush me if I didn't know what I am doing." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Oh, I see. I understand what you mean, but I remember how you told me that your parents are both Pegasi. So, I guess it's good to know that they were able to help you relating to flight. Based upon your wings and how you mentioned earlier about you could walk on clouds..." Dynamo explained with a nod. "...I actually never knew that strength was related to one's size of the body. I remember having to do workout exercises to help build my strength. This was still during the time when I wasn't able to use magic. So, I'm about an average build for a stallion, but I'm still trying to work on both physical strength and magic strength..." He thought for a moment at Ember's question, before shaking his head. "...I honestly can't say I know anyone who's bigger and/or taller than I am. Unless you count Big Mac, Iron Will, or anyone else that's taller. I do remember hearing that their greed makes the grow taller in size. I didn't know that their strength was a factor in that regard, but what you said makes a lot more sense. It did give me an idea of what to ask you, but I felt it sounded like a rude sort of question. Since you're half dragon, have you ever had those urges of dragon's greed before?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad
"I don't know, maybe..." Ember responded "...because I have felt greedy, but ponies do have greed too, so it isn't necessarily dragon greed..." she shrugged "...but regardless of which it is, it's not even near to the amount of greed that full dragons experience, and I don't really care for hoarding treasure....but then again, this all could also be just because I grew up in pony family, since even Spike, who's fully dragon has had such experience only once." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I know what you mean. Even though I hate to admit it, but I've had times where I would either be greedy or a little selfish. Other times, I just wanted to win and fight unfair in the game when the other player has been unfair..." He blinked, before waving a hoof in his defense. "...Not to the point of breaking another player's controller, or make any game fixed. Maybe more along the lines of being very aggressive in game and using tactics that don't seem honorable..." "...So, I won't deny that what you said makes sense. Everyone has their own greed. It's just how they go about it and/or affect them is the main thing. I would have said that maybe there are some things from a pony and dragon that you've acquired, but still have some qualities that you might be lacking? Sort of like a jack of all trades, or something like that. I remember hearing something about that happening once with Spike. Although, that was with just the ponies in town when hearing about random stories or events taking place."

• Brohoof 1