Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rarity a Transgender Female? (Born a Stallion, wishes to be a Mare)

Akabrony

Since her first appearance in the series opener "Friendship is Magic, Parts 1 & 2, S01E01 & S01E02, Rarity has been showing the tell-tell signs of being born a boy, but identifying as a female.

Here's a list of the tell-tell signs:

1. Her voice is extremely too deep to be a Female Pony.
  2. Her constant use of the word "Darling".
  3. The fact that she wears fake eyelashes. When it comes to the female ponies in the series, they come standard issue. The male ponies however, are the ones who don't have them.
  4. The way her teacher says "Rarity" when addressing her in her Cutie Mark origin story indicates she was not to thrilled with having to use a girls name when talking to her. That would have taken place during a time when pretty much the entire Non-LGBTQ Community was hateful against anyone who saw themselves as the opposite sex.
  5. Older ponies, Including Granny Smith, hesitating for 3 seconds when referring to her using Female Pronouns
  6. Her constant aim to be the perfect female. That is a trait 99% of all Trans Females and only 3% of all Natural-Born Females have.
  7. They way she gets men to do what she wants them to do. Natural-Born females don't need to flirt all the time to get a man to do their bidding. Trans Females, on the other hand, do. Rarity always seems to have to flirt her way out of situation, or to get a boy, or group of boys, to help her.

So what do you think? Is there a chance that "Rarity" is not the name on "Her" birth certificate, nor is the letter "F"?

If you think so, what do you think Her birth name is?

Personally, I think Primity sounds like a boy pony name, so I'll be going with that myself.

25 minutes ago, Akabrony said:

Her voice is extremely too deep to be a Female Pony

RD and applejack voice is much deeper, so are they also not a female pony?

Her constant use of the word "Darling"

Most women used that back in the olden day. And plus she’s a fashion designer so of course they have to make it stereotypical for her to use “darling”

The fact that she wears fake eyelashes. When it comes to the female ponies in the series, they come standard issue. The male ponies however, are the ones who don't have them

Fake eyelashes are invented for a reason. And not only for a reason you think.

• The way her teacher says "Rarity" when addressing her in her Cutie Mark origin story indicates she was not to thrilled with having to use a girls name when talking to her. That would have taken place during a time when pretty much the entire Non-LGBTQ Community was hateful against anyone who saw themselves as the opposite sex.
  • Older ponies, Including Granny Smith, hesitating for 3 seconds when referring to her using Female Pronouns

Overthinking it.

Her constant aim to be the perfect female. That is a trait 99% of all Trans Females and only 3% of all Natural-Born Females have

Rarity likes being fabulous that doesn’t make her less of female. 

ey way she gets men to do what she wants them to do. Natural-Born females don't need to flirt all the time to get a man to do their bidding. Trans Females, on the other hand, do. Rarity always seems to have to flirt her way out of situation, or to get a boy, or group of boys, to help her

You’re kidding right? Most girl flirts but that doesn’t mean they’re trans.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Akabrony said:

Since her first appearance in the series opener "Friendship is Magic, Parts 1 & 2, S01E01 & S01E02, Rarity has been showing the tell-tell signs of being born a boy, but identifying as a female.

2. Her constant use of the word "Darling".
  3. The fact that she wears fake eyelashes. When it comes to the female ponies in the series, they come standard issue. The male ponies however, are the ones who don't have them.
  4. The way her teacher says "Rarity" when addressing her in her Cutie Mark origin story indicates she was not to thrilled with having to use a girls name when talking to her. That would have taken place during a time when pretty much the entire Non-LGBTQ Community was hateful against anyone who saw themselves as the opposite sex.
  5. Older ponies, Including Granny Smith, hesitating for 3 seconds when referring to her using Female Pronouns
  6. Her constant aim to be the perfect female. That is a trait 99% of all Trans Females and only 3% of all Natural-Born Females have.
  7. They way she gets men to do what she wants them to do. Natural-Born females don't need to flirt all the time to get a man to do their bidding. Trans Females, on the other hand, do. Rarity always seems to have to flirt her way out of situation, or to get a boy, or group of boys, to help her.

So what do you think? Is there a chance that "Rarity" is not the name on "Her" birth certificate, nor is the letter "F"?

If you think so, what do you think Her birth name is?

Personally, I think Primity sounds like a boy pony name, so I'll be going with that myself.

Your #6 is very flawed as nowhere in the show did she ever said her aim was to be the perfect female. No, her goals were to help ponies look their best in fashion.

And #2 Darling is also used by females who were born female. That doesn't mean they're Transgender.

#7. You make us think ALL transfemales having to flirt with men is an absolute necessity. That's not the case. Heck, there are even some Transfemale that hate associating with men.

#5 Older Ponies hesitate to say her gender not because she used to be male but because older ponies tend to take a quick pause of breath between their words

4. The teacher's way of addressing Rarity had nothing to do with her gender. It was about the outfits young Rarity made for the school and the teacher thought they were great. Young Rarity wanted them to be better

All in all, your theory is full of obvious holes that can easily be countered. I agree with @TBD, you are overthinking this

• Brohoof 3

Uhm, no she's not. She is female... 

If she WERE a trans woman, she'd probably look more like this:

Image result for Rarity R63

(Actual male pony traits like the pointed snout, and a larger frame...)

Honestly, if I didn't know better I might say you know nothing about the subject...

• Brohoof 2

I do apologize, I should have worded my original reply better. However, this post seems to really stereotype trans women. I'm close friends with a couple, and neither of them act like how you're describing (numbers 6 and 7, especially.) They're just... people, who do their thing. Not trying to invalidate your self-perception; but the way you've worded it, like saying "her" in quotations as if she isn't a "real" woman, kinda irked me.

Edited by Lagtim3
  • Brohoof 5

Nothing about Rarity's character arc implies that she is trans. She is a caricature of the "fashionable rich girl" stereotype when she's being used for a joke and a moral guide for how to handle "gross and sticky" situations when she's being used for a serious plot, showing you that there is more to the stereotype. Nothing about the arc implies that she's a boy longing to be a girl.  

• Brohoof 1

No, she isn't trans. I'm not even sure something that even exists in Equestria. Maybe it does maybe it doesn't, I don't know, but I can tell without almost 100% certainty that what you say is false.

I would like to pop my head back in here and add that there's nothing wrong with head-canoning any character as trans (or other things). A fanfic about this subject could really add an interesting layer to Rarity's existing character! However, when it comes to canon, the evidence just isn't there, and... well, it's a Hasbro show. If they ever did have a trans character, it'd probably be some nameless one-off background pony that got a shoutout on twitter by a storyboard artist or something :bea:

Edited by Lagtim3

Hasbro and the writers would never endorse it. It would be wonderful if they could explore a transgender character, but that never happened in any generation of MLP.

54 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

No, she isn't trans. I'm not even sure something that even exists in Equestria. Maybe it does maybe it doesn't, I don't know, but I can tell without almost 100% certainty that what you say is false.

If it exists in Equestria, it would be a magical process, and not medical. Because of this, the subject would be rendered genetically female, and be able to have foals.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Akabrony said:

Clearly, you never had the privilege of listening to Macy Gray. 

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Cwanky said:

Clearly, you never had the privilege of listening to Macy Gray. 

Was gonna say, it’s like OP’s never met an alto or contralto. I personally have a VERY deep voice, even with my double X chromosomes.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Akabrony said:

Natural-Born females don't need to flirt all the time to get a man to do their bidding. Trans Females, on the other hand, do.

Damn I wish flirting worked for getting me what I want what the heck

As for what I think, nah, but it would be cool and ironic that she ended up being my favourite pony that I WISH i was

I certainly hope that this isn't a dig on people with gender dysphoria, because it is how it comes across. But to answer your question, well they've mostly been debunked, all I can say is that she is the most feminine out of the group. 

• Brohoof 2

Look guys, the OP has a different view than most of us. Let's keep the discussion here civil and not attacking the person in question.

If it continues this thread will be locked and will stay locked.

• This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was locked