Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread How are you feeling?

Rift enchanted

Feeling unmotivated and don't want to do anything but i guess this is the part where people learn to have more discipline just 2 months of surviving and i should be fine again

Edited by Real Pipp Petals

Shocked. Just saw a car crash occur as we were leaving outside of my neighborhood where this car flipped over. We managed to get the person out, but his car is completely totaled. 

Feeling good right now, I’m have decided to take an online program for real estate. I feel my true calling is business- always has been, so I’m going for it! :grin: And well of course writing is also my calling but that would be for my backup plan for hobbies or when I’m ready to move away from doing business in the future and pick up writing afterwards:)

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, TBD said:

Feeling good right now, I’m have decided to take an online program for real estate. I feel my true calling is business- always has been, so I’m going for it! :grin: And well of course writing is also my calling but that would be for my backup plan for hobbies or when I’m ready to move away from doing business in the future and pick up writing afterwards:)

Oh good luck with the real estate program! If you do end up taking the exam, good luck! I did mine in CA and finished the exam in about an hour. The exam is 150 questions in 3 hours. Yes, I speed ran the exam. They usually don't tell you your score even if you passed, but I found out that I got a 99%.

QUICK TIP- DO NOT DO ANY 3 OR 7 DAY CRASH COURSES, you will lose your money!!! I can't tell you how many people that I have met that spent THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on those stupid courses ran by brokerages where they ended up failing the exam several times and wasting so much money.

I did self study for less than 3 months and found a pretty cool website that was 100% worth the investment. If it helps, I used a website called Prepagent where the practice tests were VERY close to what the exam questions were like. There's a boatload of supplemental material they gave which helped out a lot. The real estate salesperson exam should be even easier now than when I took it years ago because I heard that they took out a majority of the math  section and some of the other harder stuff out.

Other quick tips from my experience-  before you quit your full time job and go to real estate, make sure to have your finances in order and have about 6 months worth of savings ready. Even if you become an agent for part time, expect to put some good time into it as you need to work twice as hard to make use of your part time in comparison to full time agents. As you may already be aware- your pay is by commissions and you are barely starting out. Don't be stupid if you manage to get some commissions quickly. I've seen some agents declare bankruptcy or become largely in debt after thinking they were on top of the world. You will spend quite a bit of money on listings/open houses and more in order to get a sale done.

I have had listings where the seller had backed out last second and I made no money at all after spending a few months. I also had moments where my buyer would lie that they don't want to buy a house anymore and try to get to the seller without me so that they don't have to pay commission. It's very common and thankfully there are laws that protect us. However, it's stressful and sucks at times. Some brokerages will take advantage of you, so be careful when finding the right brokerage for you. Usually when you are starting out, most brokerages will try to do a commission split in their favor(80/20 or 70/30) as you are new. When you go around looking for a brokerage to work for, make sure you ask what programs they have to ensure your success and/or if they offer any mentoring. Some will say that they do mentoring and do terrible/tell you that they don't have the time, so thoroughly vet brokerages as best as you can. Look up reviews and check out the other agents' social media channels as it will give you an idea of how the landscape is and how well that brokerage is doing. Also its very common for many agents to get maybe 1 or 2 commissions in their first year before they realize what they were doing wrong and what areas they need to improve upon. A majority of my first year was rough, but I was very fortunate and made a pretty good amount of money at the end of the first year($60k in 3 months), but ended up leaving as I'm an introvert and got really burnt out with all the running around and drama. If you are an extrovert, you will most likely be kicking butt out there as that's more of their jam.

Anyway, hope this helps/good luck!

Edited by StarlightNyars
edits

@StarlightNyars oh my god, these are some really useful informations and pointers!! Much appreciated it a lot! It did took me a year to make such a decision to go ahead and decided on heading toward real estate. Since I have been a salesman for a corporate for 5 years now. I feel I wanted to do something different with the skills I have and expend from that. I do enjoy doing sale and managing them for the vendors though, despite of my job being crappy most of the time. :ButtercupLaugh: Mind if I could pm you for questions that I might or will have? Would love to hear more from someone with experience so I know what I’m getting myself into- despite of my sale’s experience. As I don’t want to come as being cocky.:twi:

• Brohoof 2

39 minutes ago, TBD said:

@StarlightNyars oh my god, these are some really useful informations and pointers!! Much appreciated it a lot! It did took me a year to make such a decision to go ahead and decided on heading toward real estate. Since I have been a salesman for a corporate for 5 years now. I feel I wanted to do something different with the skills I have and expend from that. I do enjoy doing sale and managing them for the vendors though, despite of my job being crappy most of the time. :ButtercupLaugh: Mind if I could pm you for questions that I might or will have? Would love to hear more from someone with experience so I know what I’m getting myself into- despite of my sale’s experience. As I don’t want to come as being cocky.:twi:

Ummm sure thing. If you already have a sales background and actually enjoy sales, then I think you should have the potential to do really well. I did not have a sales background, but communication and collaboration are going to be two key areas to improve, as you will constantly be networking as you will be speaking to clients, agents, brokers, loan officers/advisors, etc.

It's pretty interesting as from my experience there was less of a focus in general on technical knowledge and more of a focus on soft skills/people skills after getting through the exam itself. However, you will notice a large gap in the few agents that actually know what they are doing and the majority that are kind of going on the fly.

Edited by StarlightNyars

14 hours ago, StarlightNyars said:

Ummm sure thing. If you already have a sales background and actually enjoy sales, then I think you should have the potential to do really well. I did not have a sales background, but communication and collaboration are going to be two key areas to improve, as you will constantly be networking as you will be speaking to clients, agents, brokers, loan officers/advisors, etc.

It's pretty interesting as from my experience there was less of a focus in general on technical knowledge and more of a focus on soft skills/people skills after getting through the exam itself. However, you will notice a large gap in the few agents that actually know what they are doing and the majority that are kind of going on the fly.

Yeah that’s what I kinda fear a bit about the “climb the ladder” gap- since I’m not a competitive person nor do I want to. It’s one of the factors that got me to be hesitant in making that decision. But at the end, no harm giving it a try. I enjoy doing sales and advising  people in about it. Hopefully that will be a good start to keep my motivation afloat as I study. I’m doing more research on it but when I do have some specific questions I will hit you a pm! 

• Brohoof 3

On 2023-08-26 at 12:20 AM, Pony Flutters said:

Not too good. It's not easy having severe social anxiety... even online. :(

I understand it can be hard Talking to people even online. 

I don’t have it with like forums but chatting like fast thing like texting or messaging. I need more time or sometimes days or longer. It’s really stressful and I don’t like it. Voice chats are even harder.

2 hours ago, Twitchy-Tremor said:

I understand it can be hard Talking to people even online. 

I don’t have it with like forums but chatting like fast thing like texting or messaging. I need more time or sometimes days or longer. It’s really stressful and I don’t like it. Voice chats are even harder.

Damn, I had no idea it could be that bad. But you have us.

• Brohoof 3

Feeling confident, because I just sent in my application for Community Guest at HarmonyCon. 

If I don't get picked it's no big deal to me, I'm still going and sponsoring the con anyways. LOL

feeling better just keeping it together even if it's hard to not let my bad thoughts get to me i have matured a lot the past few months

it's been a nice day it felt nice to have spent quality time with my parents

• Brohoof 1