Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you want out of an MLP video game?

DivineMist1000

As OP stated, I would want a 3D platformer. Likely in the style of the Spyro games. Each of the Mane 6 could have their own abilities. (i.e. Rainbow Dash being the fastest, Applejack being the strongest, Twilight and Rarity having magic, and Fluttershy...maybe she could communicate with animals)

• Brohoof 1

A 2-d RTS game (2d games are underrated, broodwar, jump ultimate stars, indie games like Celeste, etc) where you have a mode defending against random disasters like parasprite invasions and other modes to play against the changeling hive or ever-free forest creatures or etc, as different locations in-game. And each pony you recruit is from the city and has different personalities and has some rng involved, so you need to put up fliers that appeal to different ponies to try and recruit them but you need different kinds of ponies or they will all have the same flaws, so you need to come up with creative recruitment solutions to fit their needs. And if the battle migrates to the city ponies naturally panic, so you need to employ a pony with leadership quality then the disaster serves as the event to drum up support. You lose if the city is destroyed or ponies are captured.

It should be campaign style, so losses to the city or ponies being lost can cause future dynamic changes. Or like Lyra gets captured, so Bonbon pledges her support, and stuff like that.

And each pony should have emotions and interests, so their dynamics change. And each has a unique ability, then a race ability. Like all pegasi can fly (except scoots) but then Flutters can also drum up support from animals (really powerful depending on region, but she is shy so equally as hard to get going to support the cause).

And food items should be throwable, and eatable (like pies from that one episode), should be a basic ability everypony has.

And it should be real time strategy not grand strategy.

And a team should gain friendship buffs over time if they stick together mission to mission, so in the campaign you can get all kinds of parties going along, but some dynamics do cause tension between members and might be difficult to overcome.

How ponies are recruited is either the city is simulated, or you buy a poster (temporary upgrade) and ponies rng spawn from a pre-selected set that display an interest in the style of poster based on how appealing to their interest it is. Like if you have a poster that looks mean or tough or scary or militaristic it may appeal to wonderbolts but not Fluttershy. So theres a deck of ponies based on locations and previous events, and its shuffled and draws some cards and if any of the ponies like the poster you got recruits now and can manually control them.

The campaign can be something like 'chaos spread through the land, all the villains n stuff joined forces' So theres different factions based on location but if you lose cities you will have to face combined factions as time goes on, but there are more displaced ponies willing to help the more cities you lose (but that creates economic drain so you have less resources for posters, pies, or other equipment.) And if the population morale goes too low then Windigos also get involved as like a final countdown, if you have any friends or solve the conflict before the windigos fully cause winter then crises averted.

You get game over in campaign from the Windigos or losing all the cities then losing the main invasion against the baddies (if you lose all cities there are all factions present as well).

This would add alot of replay value, and alot of dynamics into the game. You could get alot of challenge runs, like 'bonbon n lyra only' or 'let all the cities get destroyed then win'. And to incentivize that we can actually offer different endings, for no cities destroyed or some or all.

Your ponies in your party level up based on friendship style and level, and can gain more abilities the more types of friendships they have. Like Fluttershy can unlock different bonuses in a party or abilities due to being shy, or due to liking animals. So compatible friends when leveling up can learn animal abilities themselves or protective abilities or moral support thanks to fluttershy.

And I want the game to be winnable with either good control, Or good planning, but a chaos mode (basically hard mode) where you need both to win (and multiple factions can be present in any battle, even if defeated before).

Edit:

And if you don't capture the villains they can support next battle if they escaped. And it costs resources to keep villains captured (but you can make posters to generate resources too) and if the train doesn't get destroyed when the town hall does, ponies evacuate into the next area based on random deck shuffling, but all get captured if the train station gets destroyed in that city. The more captured ponies the more changelings there will be, either attempting infiltration or because of more love draining there are more changelings available as enemy units as time goes on if more get captured.

So like, as the next city lets say gets displaced ponies from the train every 2 minutes, its going to be random cards from the first city a few at a time from the deck of ponies of ponyville who weren't captured, or such. Then if that city is also destroyed except its train, then only those who arrived were added to the city deck (the same deck the posters may recruit from) then now its the edited city deck can send displaced ponies into the next. But the displaced ponies who have determination will auto-support when drawn. And the ponies who have the hopeless tag, can't join even with a relevant poster. Its based on type of disaster and personality type if they get either tag. But if you have the right ponies (leadership) you can change hopelessness into support from refocusing their disgruntlements, so relevant posters make them change to a determined tag even if hopeless, which effects future dynamics.

But changeling infiltrators can try n sow disharmony as well (or if you have very poor attention back at the city while controlling ponies, they can even kidnap ponies that you draw from the deck to apply the poster effects on.)

Edited by NiceVillains
  • Brohoof 1

Unpopular Opinion : I would like a FPS shooter hero style (like overwatch) MLP game.

I mean yes , u might be like wtf  , how can u mix MLP with a shooter. Hear me for a sec. I think nowadays , the idea of videogames are only for men has already been broken , son it's pretty common to found people of all genders / ages playing games like CoD , etc . At the same time , it's been proved that a shooter doesn't need to be gory asf to be popular ,just look at some examples overwatch or splatoon. Also , brony community is still kinda huge , and a game of this kind would probably get popular between communities / youtube due to its "weird nature" ,but if they try it and see that it's actually a good shooter , they might stay. At the same time , I think that playing a fps in the eyes of a pony would be fuckin hilarous.

The gameplay would be similar to Overwatch / Hero shooter , with Ponies for Assault , Support and Healing (and maybe recon idk) , each one would have a "primary weapon" (see below) , a defensive or offensive abillity , and also a ultimate. Add to that , there would be power ups dropping over the match , kinda like smash style. The maps would be based on mlp locations , and there would be different objective gamemodes.

Some characters ideas that i've tought of 

Twillight Sparkle : Primary fire mode/ weapon : Laser beam (obviusly for her horn , kinda a nod of season 2 finale when pinkie pie uses her as a machine gun lol)

Abillity : Teleportation

Ultimate : Element of Magic : Throws like a big laser bean (rainbow colored obviusly) that transforms their enemies into stone , killing them (kinda like hanzo ultimate)

Pinkie Pike : Primary fire mode/ weapon : Party Bazooka (Its canon lol)

Abillity : Explosive cupcakes , works as a grenade pretty much

Ultimate : Pinkie sense : Allows her to go faster / gets more damage resistance

Rainbow Dash : Primary fire mode/weapon : Thunders (Kinda like when she becomes Zap in power ponies)

Abillity: Dash , allows her to do a quick dash in a direction , can also fly using this

Ultimate: Sonic raimboon , she performs a sonic rainboom in a specific zone of the map , dealing a lot of damage to nearby enemies

And yes , i have a lot of free time lol

• 3 weeks later...

In terms of a game based on G4, I'd want something with a decent story. An RPG is the easy answer, but I feel like a sidescroller would also work pretty well.

Edited by Cash_In

The danger is that there are too many shoot em up games. If all this becomes is get more powerful and blast badguys with your horn IT would just be background noise. Something more like a mix of Zelda, mario, and maybe a touch of KOTOR would be nice. Solve logical problems but with the tameness of Mario. Yes every now and then we blast tirek with unicorn fury but the majority is leaning new spells and solving problems with the relational aspect of kotor. 

On 11/30/2019 at 12:08 PM, Bas said:

There is also a kind-of 2D MMORPG which is from what I have heard further developed and with way more life, Ponyage: Chronicles

As far as I can tell, the game is kind of in a hiatus / shut down at the moment until a server test happens again.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Bas said:

From when is that info? Afaik they did do a Halloween event or patch  this year.

If you want to know I can ask them I am at their discord server.

I downloaded the game and tried to log in, wouldn't let me.

1 hour ago, Bas said:

Also would play that if amy pony gallons alongside me. :fluttershy:

Well then idk, I tried clicking on the button in-game to register / login, and it wouldn't let me

• 2 weeks later...

What I want out of an MLP game is a vast, robust, triple-A open world fantasy rpg with an epic story, tons of characters and quests, mature themes, lots of loot and equipment, great combat, lots of spells.  I just want The Witcher 3 in pony form.  In fact, just make a mod for TW3 that replaces all models with ponies and get the MLP VAs to redub every line.  Can I just have that, please?

• Brohoof 1