Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Greetings

Ruby Aurora

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

I intentionally looked for the forum after seeing it a few times in past Google searches.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

So, I don't really know if this is a typical case, but I was a fan of the show starting many years ago without actually watching it. Let me explain. So basically when I was a kid I did the thing any kid would do. Sneak on the computer to watch videos and such. At some point I found an artist on a site called DeviantArt that drew artwork that I really liked. Coincidentally, he also started drawing MLP related content soon after I found him. This was sometime around 2011-13, and I sort of had ponies on the back of my mind ever since.

Jump forward several years later to 2015 when a young me thought I should try my hand at writing online. Though none of it was about MLP, I started thinking about it again after a family vacation me seeing a brief snippet of the show (The Appleossa episode if I'm not mistaken. "We need apples. We live off this grub you know."). For the past half of a year I've been getting more involved with being an actual fan of the show, and have been doing more stuff with the online friends I made on DeviantArt.

But like I said, I'm not a typical case. Because in total, I've only really watched 5 episodes if you add up all the snippets I've seen online, or non-fan made stuff. just sort of got a lot of the lore and content of the series via osmosis by looking at wikis and reading the stories that others made about the characters. So, in a way, you could say I love the characters, but have a much different headcanon about a lot of things because I've seen so little of the actual show.

Hey there everyone. I'm a current college student trying to get a bachelors degree in computer science. I am also trying to pursue a side hobby in writing/artwork to have some secondary skills I hope to become proficient in. I like to consider myself the type that likes creative endeavors, but is able to focus on the mechanics behind the scenes if need be to keep things going. Which, on the subject of the arts and mechanics, segway!

I do a lot of tabletop gaming with various systems such as D&D 5e, Cyberpunk 2020, Call of Cthulhu, and various other tabletop systems or "one page rule" games. I am currently running a small campaign online with friends I've made on DeviantArt using the Tails of Equestria system. That game is three sessions in, and I'm thinking about posting some of the videos I've recorded of it some time. Though they may not be 100% forum approved, since they do include references to minor kinks, though it is mostly a typical tabletop game aside from minor shenanigans with that.

My love of writing and tabletop games has also given me an interest in niche things that can be used to improve the setting a game or story takes place in. I kid you not, if you have an idea about how magic is classified into various schools of magic or types, or the population rates of various species in Equestria, or any sort of mundane thing that can be used to add detail to a setting, I will gobble that up faster than you can shake a tail at it.

Fun Fact: My username is from a character I made but have yet to play as in a tabletop one-on-one one of my online friends was going to be running for me. She has a character concept that I love, and I may try to write some stuff with her if I have the time to later. If anyone is curious, I'm debating whether or to make a post about her in the OC posting thread.

TL:DR, I like detailed worldbuilding, writing, artwork, tabletop games, computers, and am interested on anyones thoughts about any of these things. I'm always up for discussing headcanons, or expanding upon things that the writers of the show have not fleshed out in detail, or putting my own spin on stuff.

• Brohoof 5

24 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Hello and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

Thanks! I'm happy to be here, even if I am sort of joining after the main event has started to pack up. But I know that by internet law there will always be at least one person making content for stuff, so it's all good.

11 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Hi @Ruby Aurora and welcome to this friendly forum!
We seem to share a lot when it comes to understanding how things work. Trying to understand the mechanics, and keep improving at the things we like in life.

Hi there. I agree, having just taken a look over your profile and seeing you have a lot of things in common that are related, if only tangentially .

• Brohoof 3

Hello @Ruby Aurora, what a coincidence! I haven't watch a lot of the actual show and have gotten more into Fimfiction and fan content and have read more on wikipedia about the show than actually seeing it!:D

Hope we can get along, looking forward to your activity!:squee:

• Brohoof 4

Welcome to the herd and to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here and make lots of new friends! :grin:

I went to college for Computer Science as well but I changed my major to Management Information Systems.

Good luck with your writing and artwork projects. I'm working on my own writing myself. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Ruby Aurora said:

Hi there. I agree, having just taken a look over your profile and seeing you have a lot of things in common that are related, if only tangentially .

It is more of the quest of understanding the things you are interested in. I want to know more about why I like the things I do, and the more I find out, the more interested I become. The more I want to learn about it, etc.

The stuff I am interested in might be weird to some people, but I am willing to learn about all kinds of things, and notice my main interests since birth are just guidelines to many other things. :Thorax:

• Brohoof 1

Lookie at that! We got another nerdo 'round 'ere!

Nice to meet ya'll! Computer science is so much fun and honestly it seems to be the future of actually interesting and well paid jobs.

Welcome to the forums, you should totally look at octavia's university of the arts. Creative people hang out there at times and is always good to grab some resources from there. If you happen to need some criticism, feel yerself at home and ask for it. People will be kind and might actually help you improve.

Name's Jesse, like the quatrero. Resident NEET, bioengineer and multidisciplinary wannabe.

Ah'm wondering if you've heard of Vampire: the masquerade.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 2

Guilty as charged@Jesse Terrence I've even got the glasses to prove it, so nerd is an apt description.

And I agree with you. My families anyways been big on technology (my gramps was an electrical engineer that learned all his computer stuff when some of the first models came out in his lifetime. Floppy disks galore!) and I just naturally fell into that groove. And the potential money aspect was also appealing.

I'll certainly check out that section. I've already got a piece of art I'm making for a friend I could use some tips on.

I should have mentioned in the above post, but I go by Jack online. Though Ruby Aurora works just as well for this site.

Oh, I've heard of it alright. I got murdered my first session. Literally, it was a meta "you guys ARE the characters" and my dumb self got dragged of for breaking the Masquerade. Fun time.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Ruby Aurora said:

Guilty as charged@Jesse Terrence I've even got the glasses to prove it, so nerd is an apt description.

And I agree with you. My families anyways been big on technology (my gramps was an electrical engineer that learned all his computer stuff when some of the first models came out in his lifetime. Floppy disks galore!) and I just naturally fell into that groove. And the potential money aspect was also appealing.

I'll certainly check out that section. I've already got a piece of art I'm making for a friend I could use some tips on.

I should have mentioned in the above post, but I go by Jack online. Though Ruby Aurora works just as well for this site.

Oh, I've heard of it alright. I got murdered my first session. Literally, it was a meta "you guys ARE the characters" and my dumb self got dragged of for breaking the Masquerade. Fun time.

I hate meta rps. I like it better when we can use the meta to joke and laugh. You know, is more relaxing than taking the rp downright seriously.

• Brohoof 1

@Jesse Terrence

Oh, we joked with it alright. The entire session was set in our local library, since a fellow GM in my IRL group works there, and we were making funny quips and jokes. One person was incharacter as himself asking people what their favorite anime was. That was his determining factor on whose blood he drank xD

• Brohoof 1

Hey Ruby, welcome to the forum!

I'm Kadae! Compulsive tea-drinker and obsessive Octavia-lover, nice to meet you. I'm also a big fan of TTRPGs and I've always wanted to try Tails of Equestria!

I hope to see your posts around these parts and that your stay here is an enjoyable one! :twi:

Edited by Kadae

Thanks @Kadae!

I too love me some Octavia, so it's good to see another person that knows their stuff. But in all seriousness, thanks for the warm welcome. I'd say that if you'd able to find a group, online or in person, the system can be a blast to play. A bit more simple than other systems, but it's workable and enjoyable if you want a low numbers game to run. Speaking of, do you know which forum section might be appropriate to post links to the sessions that I''m debating on posting potentially? I'm pretty bad when it comes to that sort of thing ^^;

16 minutes ago, Ruby Aurora said:

Speaking of, do you know which forum section might be appropriate to post links to the sessions that I''m debating on posting potentially? I'm pretty bad when it comes to that sort of thing ^^;

I think there's a section for TTRPGs, and if you're setting something up I'd certainly be interested!