• Chrysalis
    • Sombra
    • Tirek
    • Starlight glimmer
    • Pony of shadows
    • Tempest
    • Storm king
    • Cozy glow
  2. 2. Who is your favorite antagonist(not counting the big bads)

• Gilda
    • Trixie
    • Flim and Flam
    • Lightning dust
    • Suri polomare
    • Svengallop
    • Garble
    • Diamond tiara
    • Silver spoon
    • Sludge
    • Rolling thunder and short fuse
    • Ahuizotl
    • Gladmane
    • Caballeron
    • Wind rider
    • Tantabus
    • Mane-iac
    • Chancellor neighsay
    • Daybreaker
    • Spoiled rich
    • Mean twilight
    • Mean 6(remaining 5)
    • Iron will
    • Diamond dogs
    • Boy bullies
    • Windigoes
    • Timberwolves
    • Grubber
    • Babs seed
    • Bug bear
    • Chimera(season 4)
    • Cockatrice
    • Hydra
    • Maulwurf
    • Roc
    • Sphix
    • Ursa
    • Other(please specify)

I know there are topics about this ,

But they are old and doesnt represent what people think now, so here is a new one. 

If you choose other, please specify. I did not include minor antagonists or questionable characters(like scoots parents who technically are the antagonists, or caballerons stooges and so on) if you want to choose one of them just choose other and write their name.

Choose them by what they do as villains, that means only season 5 starlight, no luna and only season 2-3 discord.

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 1

Chrysalis, Chrysalis, and, oh yeah, Chrysalis. I love her. It was love at first sight and my devotion has never waned. :wub:

And Mane-Iac! Just think of the things she could do with that tentacle hair.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Dizzylis said:

Chrysalis, Chrysalis, and, oh yeah, Chrysalis. I love her. It was love at first sight and my devotion has never waned. :wub:

And Mane-Iac! Just think of the things she could do with that tentacle hair.

I expect chrysalis to win this pole comfortably, she is such a classic disney villain. And trixie to win the other. 

Mine are sombra and lightning dust, both have claims for best pony.

Queen Chrysalis, for many reasons. She's like a cross between the Alien Queen, Glory from Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Maleficent, with a little bit of Mystique thrown in for good measure. Tirek is also an excellent villain, but I chose Chrysalis because of how impactful and shocking her introduction to the series was. 

Edited by TheAnimationFanatic
  • Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Queen Chrysalis, for many reasons. She's like a cross between the Alien Queen, Glory from Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Maleficent, with a little bit of Mystique thrown in for good measure. Tirek is also an excellent villain, but I chose Chrysalis because of how impactful and shocking her introduction to the series was. 

I would say nightmare moon remindes me of maleficent, but with that reference in episode 2 its pretty obvious:P.

Tirek and starlight are probably the most competent villains, although chrysalis is way overconfident and self destructive at times she is pretty smart and a good strategist, she did capture all the main characters. Thrice. 

• Brohoof 1

Voted for Tempest, although it was a hard choice. I like Discord better as a character, but I don’t consider him a proper villain, because he was just being chaotic for the sake of it. Chrysalis is also great in many aspects: her personality, motivation, and usage of her abilities make her a very interesting character. Tempest was – for me at least – the best thing in the movie, and I consider her song to be one of the best songs in MLP in general, so this and the surprise factor (I had extremely low expectations after seeing her for the first time) made me choose her.

The minor antagonist choice is easier: Trixie all the way. Two reasons: 1) she is great: 2) she is powerful.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Oleks said:

Voted for Tempest, although it was a hard choice. I like Discord better as a character, but I don’t consider him a proper villain, because he was just being chaotic for the sake of it. Chrysalis is also great in many aspects: her personality, motivation, and usage of her abilities make her a very interesting character. Tempest was – for me at least – the best thing in the movie, and I consider her song to be one of the best songs in MLP in general, so this and the surprise factor (I had extremely low expectations after seeing her for the first time) made me choose her.

The minor antagonist choice is easier: Trixie all the way. Two reasons: 1) she is great: 2) she is powerful.

I like tempest as well, even though I think she defeated the princesses too easily. If it turned out that she was just using the storm king and was the real villain in the movie, then she would be arguably the best villain in the show, but she was very cool nonetheless.

• Brohoof 1

Nightmare Moon for me since how much potential she had, being Luna's dark form and kicking the show off with her/Luna's story in the book opening.
And also her motive due to she isn't bringing Eternal Night not because "I'm evil and because darkness", she just wanted her night to be appreciated/acknowledged too.
(Chrysalis being a runner-up as well)

Daybreaker for minor antagonists for me too due to being Celestia's (theoretical) powered form if she were to snapped too and also being all sassy.
(Shame she didn't happen for real outside of someone's nightmare or fear-spell hallucination)

Edited by nightshroud96
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, nightshroud96 said:

Nightmare Moon for me since how much potential she had, being Luna's dark form and kicking the show off with her/Luna's story in the book opening.
And also her motive due to she isn't bringing Eternal Night not because "I'm evil and because darkness", she just wanted her night to be appreciated/acknowledged too.
(Chrysalis being a runner-up as well)

Daybreaker for minor antagonists for me too due to being Celestia's (theoretical) powered form if she were to snapped too and also being all sassy.
(Shame she didn't happen for real outside of someone's nightmare or fear-spell hallucination)

Nightmare moon is my second most favorite villain, mostly for her personality and motivation. Unlike many other villains who wants to rule just because she actually has a reason.   

Daybreaker was awesome, but in order to make her a real villain they needed to come up with some good reason. If they came with this concept sooner she could have been real in her fight with NMM or at some point during her rule, but alas it was not to be.

8 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

Nightmare moon is my second most favorite villain, mostly for her personality and motivation. Unlike many other villains who wants to rule just because she actually has a reason.   

Daybreaker was awesome, but in order to make her a real villain they needed to come up with some good reason. If they came with this concept sooner she could have been real in her fight with NMM or at some point during her rule, but alas it was not to be.

Daybreaker could still happen.
Like a villain that causes Celestia to snap by taking advantage of what issues she might have within and then unleashing the destructive persona from Celestia onto Equestria, possible in hopes of tearing the royal sisters' bond further.
It would be pretty emotional seeing Luna seeing her sister now going out of control and having to stop her, now things coming full circle.

In fact they could say Celestia nearly became Daybreaker at some point during the 1000 years gap due to her guilt of what happened to Luna and also bitterness towards herself(for not being there for Luna and allowing her to fall into darkness) and bitterness at the citizens for not appreciating Luna enough(which caused this whole mess) along with the stress of having to rule alone for a 1000 years without Luna.

7 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

Daybreaker could still happen.
Like a villain that causes Celestia to snap by taking advantage of what issues she might have within and then unleashing the destructive persona from Celestia onto Equestria, possible in hopes of tearing the royal sisters' bond further.
It would be pretty emotional seeing Luna seeing her sister now going out of control and having to stop her, now things coming full circle.

In fact they could say Celestia nearly became Daybreaker at some point during the 1000 years gap due to her guilt of what happened to Luna and also bitterness towards herself(for not being there for Luna and allowing her to fall into darkness) and bitterness at the citizens for not appreciating Luna enough(which caused this whole mess) along with the stress of having to rule alone for a 1000 years without Luna.

Well, we can't really tell, we need to remember that celestia is very level headed even if she oversees some things. Daybreaker is the manifestation of her ego, like if during her rule she just realized she does not need anypony else, that she can rule everything herself without caring about others. Overall, while it has potential because she is so cool and powerful, for celestia character its better that she did not turn evil  

1 minute ago, Rushing cash said:

Well, we can't really tell, we need to remember that celestia is very level headed even if she oversees some things. Daybreaker is the manifestation of her ego, like if during her rule she just realized she does not need anypony else, that she can rule everything herself without caring about others. Overall, while it has potential because she is so cool and powerful, for celestia character its better that she did not turn evil  

To me Celestia seems someone who would bottle things up.
Like keeping stuff underwraps on what she actually feels especially infront of others at times.
Such as she might be level headed at times but deep down there might be something is going on.

In fact I remember when one of the few times she nearly lost her cool was when Discord came clean about his Grogar plan.
Deep down within her at that moment it would probably be even uglier and more furious at what he had pulled.

16 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

To me Celestia seems someone who would bottle things up.
Like keeping stuff underwraps on what she actually feels especially infront of others at times.
Such as she might be level headed at times but deep down there might be something is going on.

In fact I remember when one of the few times she nearly lost her cool was when Discord came clean about his Grogar plan.
Deep down within her at that moment it would probably be even uglier and more furious at what he had pulled.

One of her character traits is that she knows how to put a facade, she controls her emotions much better then her sister or twilight.  If she kept all of those feeling regarding lunas banishment for 1000 years under wraps and ruled a kingdom as their beloved princess and not going nuts, it needs to be something nuts to turn her evil.

3 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

One of her character traits is that she knows how to put a facade, she controls her emotions much better then her sister or twilight.  If she kept all of those feeling regarding lunas banishment for 1000 years under wraps and ruled a kingdom as their beloved princess and not going nuts, it needs to be something nuts to turn her evil.

It could be its only a matter of time before she begins to crack.
A villain could just give a simple push with the right know-how and it could all spill out and disaster happens.
A person can only bottle things up/keep it underwraps for so long before he/she cracks, and its not healthy anyway to do it for so long.

Theres so much potential with the royal sisters such as their inner conflicts and other potential like with Chrysalis, its stings pretty badly it wasn't used to the fullest(or at least enough)

1 hour ago, nightshroud96 said:

It could be its only a matter of time before she begins to crack.
A villain could just give a simple push with the right know-how and it could all spill out and disaster happens.
A person can only bottle things up/keep it underwraps for so long before he/she cracks, and its not healthy anyway to do it for so long.

Theres so much potential with the royal sisters such as their inner conflicts and other potential like with Chrysalis, its stings pretty badly it wasn't used to the fullest(or at least enough)

It might be a reason why they decided to retire. 

Chrysalis just kept getting progressively sillier every time she appeared. I always thought she seemed overconfident, to the point that she repeatedly made very obvious mistakes, and then by the time season 8 rolled around the show seemed to validate that interpretation by making her completely incompetent. She gets credit simply for sticking around so long - Discord and Luna stopped being in their second appearances, but she just kept on being sinister. Chrysalis MVP. 

As I said in the other thread, I like Trixie more than any of the minor antagonists, but I only really started liking her when she stopped being a villain. I think Flim and Flam are my favourites; I never got sick of them like some other people did. 

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Chrysalis just kept getting progressively sillier every time she appeared. I always thought she seemed overconfident, to the point that she repeatedly made very obvious mistakes, and then by the time season 8 rolled around the show seemed to validate that interpretation by making her completely incompetent. She gets credit simply for sticking around so long - Discord and Luna stopped being in their second appearances, but she just kept on being sinister. Chrysalis MVP. 

As I said in the other thread, I like Trixie more than any of the minor antagonists, but I only really started liking her when she stopped being a villain. I think Flim and Flam are my favourites; I never got sick of them like some other people did. 

I wouldn't call chrysalis incompetent but she tends to be self destructive. 

And I totally agree your point on trixie, I didn't like her at her first appearance, I liked her in her second appearance and I loved her from the moment she had developed a lovely relationship with starlight. Although I am not a fan of the brothers.

I always liked DIscord the most, because his intentions were much more developed than the stereotypical "Rule the World" shtick. He had a lot more character and that really made him stick out as villain. As for the other antagonists,  Flim and Flam are my favourite. There's just something so appealing about two shady businessmen trying to scam their way into success.

• Brohoof 3

My favorite villain is Tirek because he was in my opinion one of the most dangerous villains the mane 6 ever confront.  From the antagonists, it is for me the great and powerful trixie (even she is not an antagonist anymore).

• Brohoof 1