Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Cultural Exchange 1x1 with Sherem

Illiad Easle

On the Airship bound to Equestira, Sherem spend his time mostly looking at the empty sky and the ground they overflew. Thinking processiong all that happened in Archback, he cearly still after months could not process well the matter that he got Rid of Sheoreth, at least for now. When the next resealing came, he feared the worst. It was in his nature to be like this, always thinking something bad is gonna happen. not realizing he was speaking to himself outloud he said "and here I thought I was going to come back in the winter by foot and flying" he said.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Sherem's comment stirred Midnight from his own pondering as he looked forward to their destination, "What do you mean by that? You thought you'd go back the way you came earlier? I must say I didn't expect the airship either, I suppose we have Princess Celestia to thank for that?"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

he looked at the sky "yah, you can say that. I will make sure to send my thanks in way of gifts to Celestia. So, what exactly you wanna see first? or where in equestria you wanna look at first?" he asked as he looked at him.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Midnight chuckled, "I didn't have high hopes for my returning to Equestria. Before all this I figured the only things I'd see in Equestria would be the inside of a jail cell, then either the gardens as a petrified statue or an executioner's block."

He shook his head, "To be less morbid, I'd like to see how things have changed since I left. Canterlot was only prospectively a mining town when I left, I think it would be good to start there and move outward, maybe we'll encounter the descendants of those affected by Sir and I's exploits?"

• Brohoof 1

"that will indeed be an...experience to say the least. but you and archback showed me enough of a welcome and the least I can do is show you the same" he said he looked at the sky and the clouds "beeing a long time since I was this high when it was not a battle in the empire" he said

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Midnight chuckled, "Airships are somewhat new in terms of technology, so I haven't been up this high not on a mountain before, it's an interesting experience to say the least, and far easier than walking the whole way as I did at the start of our interaction."

He turned his attention forward to their destination, "How much longer do you think until we arrive?"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"I estimate 3 hours if my math is not wrong" Sherem said then he moved to the front of the ship "I would suggest taking some sleep, oh and by the way I must ask this that is important so that I know what to do and do forgive me for asking this bluntly and even perhaps in an inopportune moment. But would you like to see Princess Luna or should we just keep away from a meeting that is not only between you two?" he asked, he knew he was treading on thin ice with that. But if his answer would to be negative to the matter of seeing her, he would do all in his power to keep them to stay on their own, but if not he would do all the opposite. He could not tell if there was feelings lingering between them or if it was wise to let them out. But he would at least give the courtesy to help his partner.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Midnight's face was neutral when Sherem asked about Luna, he didn't respond immediately, taking a moment to think on what he wanted. In the end he shook his head and sighed, "I shouldn't put it off. Meeting in person will no doubt be... painful... but hopefully it will result in a mend in our relationship. If not that, then hopefully at least she will return to her children." He looked over at Sherem, "Don't force a meeting between us, it ought to happen naturally, I've no doubt she's aware of my coming."

With that he turned to head inside the airship, "I think I will get some rest, no doubt you've got some exciting things planned for our arrival."

• Brohoof 1

"hopefully they will be of your liking My lord, rest well" he then went to sit by the head of the ship looking at the sky and the road ahead. How long had it been since he could relax like this? a thousand years? he was happy now that he didn't had a voice inside his head that mocked him for his feelings. But still the trauma of the fall of the empire would never leave his mind. What he didn't knew is that was fuel for sheoreth to break out of his prison. 

Inside his head, Sheoreth was trying to activate his own magic, he had realized of the cracks of his mental cell, so steadily he worked out to break his barriers, though he was being suppressed by the magic that Sir and Midnight created, he was able to bring out a few sparks to try and make the cracks in the barrier bigger.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Midnight had no difficulty sleeping during the day, he had done so for several years since Luna's return from the moon in an effort to stave off her coming into his dreams.

Inside Sherem's head, the guards took notice of the cracks forming, only hairline fissures at the moment, a quick application of magic fusing them back together where they could be found. They wouldn't be able to hold it off forever, but they could hold it for a good amount of time at this rate.