Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Cultural Exchange 1x1 with Sherem

Illiad Easle

@Sherem

[Mind]

The darkness of the empty began to reside as the walls came back into view as Sir prepared to push Sheoreth into the cage that had been prepared for him within Sherem's mind. "Perhaps, Perhaps not."

[Body]

Seeing that Sherem was beginning to fight back against the binds Sir's forces would redouble their efforts both in freeing Sherem and in preparing the cage to hold Sheoreth once Sherem was restored to control of his body.

(You can write in your post, as soon as Sherem is freed Sir will push Sheoreth back into Sherem's body to be contained in the cage that his forces constructed.)

• Brohoof 1

[Body]

Sherem feeling inspired and with the will to go on finally, he was able to break free from the charge. That didn't mean he had a hard time doing it, his failure to protect Princess Amore, the rejection of Radian Hope, the betrayal of Sombra, the death of his mother. All of these are bad memories Sherem carried and would always carry inside himself. But he now knew that there was no point letting Sheoreth use them as anchors into his mind. Breaking the chains and the shadows he managed to break totally free from the current grasp of Sheoreth. Living on would not be easy, nor it was before but he knew he at least had to try, he owe that to Midnight and Sir that worked hard for this.

[Mind]

Sheoreth knew he had lost this battle due to the new "allies" of Sherem, but this not meant the end of the war in any way. Although he was beaten and most of the control reverted to Sherem of the body, this would only be a set back. All he would need in the future would be that Sherem slips just one step into madness to break free again. For madness and order will and must always exist. "what else it gives, I will admit defeat for now! but don't forget it! Sir one missed step and the roles reverse, because either you or wussy commit one mistake and give me a chance I will crush each one of you" he then reached for the darkness "and one more thing, if any of you wish to destroy me in the end be careful not to die until the next we meet! because next time it won't be the same battleground!" he had a psycho/unsettling smile at the darkness as he was consumed by it.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

[Mind]

Sir only offered a slight smile as he pushed Sheoreth into the cage within Sherem, "Oh, I'm counting on it. Given your pitiful showing here I'd call it a mercy to put you out of your mercy. Our next fight will be your last."

[Body]

Sheoreth would be forced into the cage after Sherem was free of it, the entrance sealed by Sir's forces, then the view would shift.

[Reality]

Sir would withdraw his tendrils from Sherem, standing up and pulling his hand away. Sherem would find himself suddenly back in the real world, Sheoreth would find that he could still see everything Sherem saw, hear what he heard, but could only speak into Sherem's mind, like an inner voice.

Sir would nod to Midnight and Slend, who began to unseal the doors to the chamber as Sir retired to his throne. "It is finished then, now we come to another matter. You swore yourself to me, and as such I dub you a knight of Archback. Furthermore I give you a single mission, consider it your purpose if you so desire it. Return to Equestria, and convince Princess Celestia, peacefully, to choose and submit a delegate to the global council. That is all. You are free to travel throughout this domain, and by extention you'll find it easy to travel through any domain that answers to the council should you so choose."

Once the doors were unsealed, Midnight would return to Sherem's side. "Are you alright? How do you feel?"

• Brohoof 1

"Like I went through a dark tartarus and back" he said shaking his head, he had yet to process the command of Sir, but it was clear that he would obey his command even when he had some reservations about them. He raised to his four hooves and soon knelt to him "I have sworn and I will carry your command your grace" he raised and took his sword and bowing he got out of the room. 

Inside his mind Sheoreth was feeling totally defeated, but that did not meant he felt powerless. He was made to be a scheming one and given time he will be able to break the seals of the cage he was in. No being was invincible as the last battle proved and sooner or latter he would have revenge against Sir and Midnight for all of this.

As Sherem walked out to the front gates of the palace he looked at the sky, for the first time not knowing what to do with himself now that somepony was able to do what he couldn't on over 1000 years. He was in somewhat a degree free form Sheoreth, but not fully free while he still existed.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(I'm going to say you're in the courtyard, crossing over to the hallway that goes to the front gate)

Midnight quickly caught up with Sherem before he could get too far, "Hold on, you don't need to go just yet. Convincing Celestia to submit a delegate to the Council will take quite some time. We've survived without one this long, so I don't think we're in too much of a hurry." He looked about the castle courtyard as an idea struck him, "You know, I suppose we're still technically part of a cultural exchange, right? I suppose since you're already here, we could do that portion now, then when you're ready I could accompany you back to Equestria."

There was a smile to his face as he turned back to Sherem, "If you find that agreeable that is?"

• Brohoof 1

(works fine)

"My apologies" he said without turning back "this is the first time I felt so free in my life ever since that defeat at the crystal empire" he looked at the sky "perhaps you're right that I need some time around here" he said and again offering his sword again at Midnight "Is not a surrendering and now that I am a knight here as well I can trust you with it while I'm here" he said with a soft smile "and well I do have a mind of keep going with the program though I don't see how while we are here in the same area" he chuckled and followed Midnight's lead.

Inside Sheoreth was analyzing the seals of the prison that Sir had created, he wasn't even able to understand how they were made or what kind of magic this was, it would be years before he could understand them and more so to undo them.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Midnight smiled, returning Sherem's sword to him again, "As a knight, you should wear it with pride, we'll take you by the armory and if you approve we could add the Archback seal to the hilt so it serves as a proper badge of office. Otherwise we'll give you a new sword to serve the same purpose. Besides," he chuckled "The program was meant to start with letters, then move to a more personal exchange, since you're here already we may as well skip the letters and get to know each other as we go, you should take time to recover anyway, enjoy this new freedom you have where Sir can help if things don't go well." His smile faltered, then he sighed, "And we need to present you before the council to assure them that you aren't a threat to the stability of Equis."

Midnight gave him a weak smile, "But hey, that's not for another few hours yet. Why don't I give you a better tour of the castle? Or would you rather see some of the city first? I am told you were only flown over it on your way in?"

• Brohoof 1

The soft smile and the faltered did not went unnoticed by Sherem, he took his sword and put it on his back and said "by the way you talk about this council, I can tell it is risky for me but most importantly to you and his grace Sir" he looked at the sky and then back at Midnight and said "well, I could really use a guide on a land I just learned it existed and yes I would like to also go to the forges, back in the crystal empire and Canterlot it was my favorite place to be besides my office" he then pat the back of Midnight and said "I thank you for the risk that you and your grace are taking on me and I value this measure of freedom you both had given me

inside his mind sheoreth was just feeling sarcastic and he could no longer taunt Sherem with his interactions, but he still thought that this state would be temporal and that he would reclaim his body.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Midnight smiled back at Sherem as he began to lead the way, "Risky? Hardly. For us at least. It would have been risky for you if you were still corrupted, but now that you're cleansed it should be rather informative, once all the accusations are over that is, but that's neither here nor now. Let's go to the forges!"

Midnight would lead the way back into the castle, exiting the courtyard through a side door that led right into the hallway that surrounded it as well as led to the rooms marked with the different countries of Equis. They would pass by the room marked Equestria, where Sherem had spent the night, and then Prance, Germaneigh, Griffon Kingdoms, and Glascow.

The hallway continued past where they had gone to meet Sir, turning to circle around the back of the audience chamber, where they encountered the stairs which led both up and down. Midnight would ensure Sherem was still following before heading down the stairs, deeper into the heart of the mountain.

After they descended the stairs for some moments the walls turned to rails as they descended into a large chamber that had been hollowed out of the mountain, the area was easily a hoofball field across at its widest, and the walls were lined with walkways and dwellings carved into the sides of the cavern. From the stairs they accessed one of the walkways that crossed the cavern, which led them towards the sound of clashing steel and the smell of a furnace. They would soon enter the forge to find a number of creatures, minotaur, griffon, and earth pony alike, each working at their own end of the forge, fashioning weapons and armor to their culture's style. Midnight walked passed them to a Diamond Dog who was manning a desk, working through paperwork and examining the finished works for quality, they looked up as Midnight approached, and grew a pleased smile, "Been a while since you've come down to see us sir, what can we do for you? Or for your friend I presume?" The dog looked Sherem over, "He looks like he could use a set of armor, what with all those marks on him, you really roughed him up good getting him here didn't you?"

The dog herself had light blue eyes and a short, almost coal black coat, but had an aura of kindness despite the obvious strength she possessed. She extended a paw out for Sherem to shake, "Name's Bismuth Lab, what can I do you for?"

• Brohoof 1

Sherem took a more gentle but still formal demeanor and shook her paw and said "Sherem, form equestria. Lord Midnight says you can add a new engravement into this metal" he gave her his sword and bowed a bit "great forge by the way, the hot that gets to your lungs, the smell of melting metals and giving them form, where your mind and spirit can be lost and recovered with the swing of a hammer and the tempering of blades" 

He looked around and he was almost like a child in a winter's eve morning, but he kept his composure for this was still the workplace of another pony or dog. He looked at the other works that where displayed around and he was inspecting from a distance the blades, never leaving the side of Midnight for the time being 

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Bismuth smiled, "Glad you like it! We try to keep it in the best of conditions for the castle. You've got an eye on you like you know your way around one, not what I'd expect from an alicorn." She shrugged as she came around the desk, bringing the sword along with her, "That's quite the weapon you have there, what are you looking to add?"

Midnight would step in, "He's getting a seal of knighthood, per Sir's request."

Bismuth looked impressed, "Indeed? Rather quick, but no matter. I'll get that symbol added no problem." She wasted no time prepping Sherem's sword for the forge, as it was only a decorative adjustment it didn't require much heating before the symbol could be embossed near the hilt, the symbol itself was a bundle of lightning bolts, like onw would usually depict a sheaf of wheat, in front of a shield.

Once the symbol was added the cooled the sword before returning it to Sherem, "There you are Knight Sherem, may it serve you well. Don't be a stranger now, if you're as good around a forge as you seem I think I wouldn't mind the company."

Midnight would return his attention to the pair, he himself having received back his armor, now repaired from their previous encounter, "Shall we go then? Is there something in particular you'd like to see?"

• Brohoof 1

Sherem chuckled and said "well, something that other ponies and other folks forget is that there is one exception that alicorns are not born, they are earned in my youth I spent my time in the forges of the crystal empire before I got to be a squire or even a soldier" he then looked at the sword and said "Thank you Master Bismuth" he bowed as he received the sword "I might come often when I'm here. I dare not to put myself in the level of someone that has practiced the craft but I can make for a decent assistant at the least"  he then looked at Midnight and said "well since I am a knight now, I should know about the system that works in this kingdom and how is the living for the folks here" he said with a smile as he sheathed his sword and said "well then my lord, teach me of what I don't know" he bowed again to bismuth and followed Midnight around

-Meanwhile in equestria-

Celestia was dealing with a lot of paperwork around sighed and got the news that Sherem was gone, this alerted her but then she thought that Sherem went for a trip since he was still out of duty because of the forced vacation she told him to take. However, what worried her is that Sheoreth was also loose around.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

11 hours ago, Sherem said:

is that there is one exception that alicorns are not born, they are earned

Bismuth looked surprised, but shrugged, "Didn't know that, given the Equestrian Diarchy are only known as alicorns for so long, I guess everyone assumed they always were."

11 hours ago, Sherem said:

"well since I am a knight now, I should know about the system that works in this kingdom and how is the living for the folks here"

Midnight smiled and nodded, "An admirable inquiry, I'll show you some things on our way back up to the castle." Midnight bade his own farewells to the forge workers as he led the way back out into the hollowed chamber they had entered from, Midnight made a sweeping gesture towards all the ponies moving about on the walkways, "Most of our citizenry live in one of many hollowed out pockets like this one that dot the face of the mountain, allowing us to house plenty more than we would be able to if we tried to settle purely on the face, though there are plenty that do that as well."

Midnight would lead down another path, entering a tunnel that led out of the cavern and eventually out into the open air, there were still a number of creatures moving about, but the atmosphere was much more commercial than it had been in the cavern, "Most of the businesses take place on the outside of the mountain, as the internal space is primarily reserved for housing, education, and social services."

Midnight would continue leading, the crowd parting for them as they passed up the winding street that led up the mountain to the castle, at one of the switchbacks he stopped and gestured out towards the valley. "Down there, taking up the space from the base of the mountain crossing the river to the edge of the forest is Mohotma City, founded and currently inhabited by the descendants of the zebra slaves Sir and I freed centuries ago, they mostly keep to themselves, but intermingling of our two cultures does still happen. Were any threat to emerge, we would join with them in defending our shared territory. Further out," he would point to a small fortification erected on the edge of the forest, "There in the Shimmerwood Forest, is the home of the Fastar Tribe of thestrals. A century or so ago we made contact with them when they started to build their second city just a mile inward from that fort. They were distant at first but we've grown to be close allies."

If Sherem didn't stop Midnight with any questions he would continue on their journey back up the mountain face to the front doors of the castle.

• Brohoof 1

Sherem was more to listen right now than asking any questions. He would listen all the explanations of Midnight before he did any questions. But he was also working on how this society worked and how the alliance between them work. He was again uncomfortable with the matter of the slavery that he felt still lingering, this matter would be the hardest to deal with. He was also enjoying his new freedom by the side of Midnight, he could only hope he was not bother by his company around. So many feelings that this new freedom gave him was running wild in his head.

He also resolved that he would have to work hard on learning more of the story that founded all of this society. He knew that His grace Sir and Midnight where the core of that foundation but in history there was still more to learn and more that perhaps Midnight did not tell. He would hope there was a library or an archive of sorts with the information he needed. All of this run in his head but he kept it for himself. Sherem then looked at Midnight and said "I see my lord, seems like equestria there is a lot to learn about the inhabitants that this kingdom holds. Complicated stories, conflicts perhaps as well" he said as he looked at the creatures that where around

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Midnight nodded, "Indeed, as much as I would wish it it can't be peaceful all the time." He touched the doors to the castle and they opened of their own accord, "Let's continue then, the Global Counsel will meet soon, and you're one of the first items on their agenda."

He would lead the way back to Sherem's room, "It's probably best if you freshened up before the meeting, having Sheoreth purged from you has left you a bit, disheveled, and I would encourage that you put your best face forward for the council. You should find the washroom fully stocked with whatever you might need, but if you find it lacking the staff tend to pass through here often enough that you'd be able to ask for whatever you're missing."

Midnight started to trot off towards the back of the castle, "I'll be freshening up myself, and I'll return shortly."

If Sherem didn't object, Midnight would trot off and around the corner.

If Sherem went in to the attached washroom he'd find that it was fully stocked as Midnight had described, complete with items that wouldn't normally apply for ponies, like talon wax, but it was fully equipped for just about anything an earth pony, pegasus, unicorn, and by extension an alicorn, could require.

If Sherem had some extra need, he'd simply need to stick his head out in the hallway, he wouldn't have to wait long before someone who looked like they worked there would trot by.

• Brohoof 1

"I just got one question my lord" he said before Midnight left and he then said "I gotta know just why this "Global council" wants to meet with me?" he looked on the sides "before you mentioned that I should prove that I'm not a threat to this kingdom. Is it because they have details of what happened with me and Sheoreth?" he was worried that more information leaked, and although Sheoreth was contained he would rather keep this part of himself as secret as possible.

-Back in equestria, cantelot-

celestia walked around and then noticed the crystal sample she showed to Twilight and thought about Sherem and Sheoreth, was it really a good idea to leave them free? she had shown concern Sherem was overworking with his assigned post, but perhaps even in these vacations the chances of Sheoreth breaking free would increase as well. There was things she could not understand fully at all

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

6 hours ago, Sherem said:

Is it because they have details of what happened with me and Sheoreth?

Midnight sighed, but nodded, "You must understand, my going to Equestria as I did, without a formal invitation and fully armed and armored, is highly irregular and goes against a number of the customs that the council has. Therefore I was required to justify my actions before the council, and assure them that I was not invading Equestria. As such I told them of our altercation, the letters that spurred my actions, and subsequently my intention to bring you here for treatment if possible, containment if not. I'm sure I don't need to remind you how much of a threat Sheoreth is when left unchecked, not just to you or Equestria. The council wants assurance you're not another one of Celestia's secret weapons."

If Sherem has nothing else to ask Midnight would leave him to get ready for the meeting, returning about half an hour later with his coat, mane, and tail all freshly cleaned and brushed, giving him a much more formal appearance than he had had before. "I trust everything was to your liking? Let's get going, you'll make a better impression being early than late."

• Brohoof 1

Sherem got washed as much as he could in the chambers that he was given to use. He did took some time in the bath for he was needing to process what had happened with Sheoreth and even experimented in his own mind if he could hear him like before, but he didn't heard anything, not a mocking nor him calling him wussy, this was such a surreal experience for him to be really free from the mocking and the mischief of sheoreth after a millennium of shared prison with that psychopath. He was for the first time ever happy with his life, all that missed though was Radiant Hope, but he knew he would not see her ever again. nonetheless Sherem could jump and scream of happiness but he knew that he had to keep it cool.

-Back in Canterlot-

Celestia made inquiries of the actual location of Sherem, through various sources she asked and investigated for where was the cyrstal alicorn. At first she could not have any information, but then she would get a lead onto something called the Cultural Exchange program, soon she found out sherem had applied for this and she asked the details of who did he got in contact for?

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

(I assume he's then ready for Midnight to take him to the meeting)

Midnight would lead the way forward, following the same path he took when they went before Sir, in fact going to the same room as when they met Sir, but then into one of the side rooms, which was labelled Equis Global Peace Council. Inside the room there was a semicircle of seven desks, the one at each end of the circle being smaller and lower than the central five. In the middle of the circle of desks was a podium like in a courtroom, and lining the wall of the circular room were small desks, smaller than the desks on the ends of the semicircle.

Midnight took a seat in one of the desks on the opposite side of the podium from the semicircle, and he motioned for Sherem to take a seat in the desk beside him. The seats and desks were adjustable via a collection of hidden levers so they could be adapted to most any creature. If Sherem didn't ask any questions Midnight would not offer any of his own, electing to wait in silence for the members to arrive and the meeting to begin.

They wouldn't have to wait long for the first member to arrive, a blue pegasus with white and cobalt mane and tail, his mark was a full moon with clouds and bats in front. He gave a short bow to Midnight, which Midnight returned, but he only gave a wary glance towards Sherem as he made his way to the desks. He pulled a stack of placards from the center desk and went about setting out one on each desk. From left to right the placards read: Zebrica, Cervidas, Griffon Kingdoms, Archback, Trojan Empire, West Cervidas, and Queens' Council. Zebrica and Queens' Council being on the smaller desks. Placards set out the pegasus took his seat at the center desk, pulling a folder out from under his wing he set to review its contents as the rest of the members filed in. They were: A Zebra mare who sat at the Zebrica desk, a doe who sat at the West Cervidas desk, a reindeer doe who sat at the Cervidas desk and exchanged pointed stares with the doe at the West Cervidas desk, a dull grey unicorn stallion with darker mane and tail, small glasses, and dressed in a sort of white toga sat at the Troy desk, a griffon with orange and yellow coloration sat at the Griffon Kingdoms desk, and finally a goldenrod unicorn with matching mane and tail and the mark of a horizontal Phi sat at the Queens' Council desk.

After them a small assortment of creatures, which were garbed as members of the press, took some of the desks behind the central desks. All those who sat at the central desks had brought in folders with them and were reviewing them quietly before the blue pegasus stood, lightly tapping the desk as he looked at the other seated members. "This review meeting of the EGPC, called in response to the emergency meeting held last week, will now come to order. I, Fly-By-Night, will conduct this meeting. Proceeding with roll call:"

He called out the names of each of the seated creatures, who responded affirmatively in turn, their names were: Zulu of Zebrica, Blitzen of Cervidas, Apollo of the Griffon Kingdoms, Fly-By-Night of Archback, Attaché Case of the Trojan Empire, Douglas Fir of West Cervidas, and Goldenrod of the Queens' Council.

Fly continued, "First order of business, as Attaché conducted the last meeting he will read the minutes of the last meeting."

Fly sat down as Attaché stood, "Our last meeting consisted of: Roll: All present, Order of business: Questioning Midnight Star of Archback on his incursion on Equestrian territory, armed and uninvited by Equestrian Royalty, conventionally seen as an act of war. Midnight presented evidence that he had been summoned, under duress, to fight a being known as Sheoreth lest the same destroy Canterlot. The council agreed three to one that the action was warranted, and adjourned with the requirement that said being, or the being housing said being, be brought forward to determine whether they present a threat to the state of peace in Equis." He sat back down.

Fly stood again, "As stated in the minutes, our purpose here is to determine whether Sherem, who is presented as being the one who houses Sheoreth, poses an immediate or long term threat to Equestria's stability, and by extension the rest of the world. Sherem will now present himself to the council, and submit to their questions." Fly sat down, and the gathered creatures looked to Sherem expectantly. Midnight motioned for him to move up to the podium and indicated that he should introduce himself.

-In Canterlot-

It wouldn't take much digging to find that the Cultural exchange was based in Archback Mountain, ass it asked for all letters of application to be sent there. If Celestia could not find out by other means exactly who Sherem had been in contact with, she could perhaps go or write to Archback and ask them directly.

• Brohoof 1

Sherem stepped out and took out his sword, but as he took it and went foward he put the tip on the ground and knelt while holding the sword "I am Sherem, Vice-captian of the armies of equestira of Her majesty princess Celestia, Former commander of the Crystal armies of Her grace Princess Amore and knight of Archback such title bestowed to me by the grace of our lord Sir. As a knight and by the light of the sun as witness I throw myself at your mercy and judgement of this council for all the wrongs my umbrum counterpart did to this kingdom" he said as he closed his eyes waiting for their reply.

-In canterlot-

Celestia would soon go into make first inquiries onto whom the correspondence was being sent to. She first did this by royal decree to the program, then she would wait their answer if they could provide such information.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Sherem

There was more than a few murmurings throughout the room including among those seated at the desks. Fly seemed especially taken aback, but was able to see the seal on the sword presented and as such only looked to Midnight, who nodded in confirmation.

Apollo spoke first, "Vice-captain of the Equestrian Army?" He scoffed, "I must only assume things are worse off than they appear."

Attaché spoke next, "Now Apollo, we're discussing whether HE is a threat to the world, not whether Equestria is a threat to itself. Still, your position is worrying. Vice though you may be I imagine Guard Captain Armor is not often in Canterlot, and as such you find yourself in charge more often than not?"

Douglas spoke next, "Furthermore, and I find this crucial, There's the question of what Celestia herself knows. If Celestia did not know, then he poses a danger by hiding this dark entity. If she does know however, it it yet another case of her ignoring the problem until it gets too big for her to handle, as we saw from Midnight's intervention."

Blitzen was next, though her face showed obvious disdain at the fact that she once again came second to Douglas, "Regardless if Celestia knew, which she should have been able to tell whether informed by him or not, the question ought to be whether he still poses a threat to the world." She looked down her snout at him, "Especially now that he's in the room with us."

Zulu then spoke, "We were informed in the briefing that Sir has managed to contain the entity, as such the question ought be whether Sherem poses a threat as himself"

Goldenrod followed, "While I don't doubt Sir's ability, we know from experience that anything contained will eventually get free, only in death is containment sure. Therefore the question ought to be whether he could be stopped when, not if, he escapes containment."

Fly was last to speak, "The case stands that he has been knighted by Sir, a title of confidence that he does not give lightly. If that doesn't answer the question on the surety of his containment I don't know what could further improve confidence." 

Goldenrod returned, "Then we go back to the question of what happens when the containment breaks. Will Sir be continually restoring the containment? He stands to outlive all of us by an order of magnitude at least."

Blitzen continued, "As a knight of Archback he could be made to report to Sir every so often, giving the opportunity for containment to be refreshed, or in that eventual possibility where it could not be refreshed we'd have some time to prepare more drastic measures before containment is broken."

Apollo interjected, "But as the Vice-captain of Equestria, one could argue he has a stronger claim of loyalty there, so Celestia could just as easily order his return and go right back to ignoring the problem until it blows up in her face, again."

Attaché continued, "Perhaps he could enter into an agreement like the Fastar Clan has with Princess Luna? Assert that in any conflict of interest his duty to Archback comes first. Then he wouldn't have reason not to return for renewal of containment."

Douglas nodded, "And then, by extension, if he needed to be contained more permanently, it could be done without Equestrian involvement or legal complications."

Fly sighed, "That presumes Celestia won't just say we stole and murdered him anyway. She doesn't have a history of respecting this council's authority or autonomy."

Zulu had been looking through the papers and seemed to get an idea, "I'm afraid killing him won't guarantee successful containment, zebra culture speaks much of umbrums, and in every case when the host dies the umbrum is then free to find another. If we kill Sherem than Sheoreth would be free to escape."

Apollo nodded, "Then we'd need to be sure that we can kill not only Sheoreth while he's in control of Sherem, but also Sheoreth wholly unattached."

Fly tapped his desk, drawing attention back to him, "I think we've strayed from the issue, so long as we can guarantee the security of containment in the short term we can plan long term or final containment at a later date, and given Zulu's contribution we may currently lack the ability to permanently contain at the moment, therefor it seemeth me a poor decision. However, I'll leave it to the council: Should Sherem go free? And what should the conditions of his freedom or captivity be?"

Douglas rose, "I propose the following: Sherem should go free. The conditions of his freedom being: He sign a Fastar Accord signifying his primary duty to Archback over Equestria, he return as often as Sir or the council requires for renewal of containment not to exceed yearly. He be kept under watch at least daily by Fastar or Changeling guards already within the ranks of the Equestrian military. A future meeting be held establishing protocol to detain Sherem should Sheoreth escape unexpectedly. These terms may be changed at the council's digression pending future incidents."

Douglas sat as Fly rose, "We have a proposal, what says the council?"

The other four at the large desks motioned, two upward, two downward. Douglas and Attaché upward, Apollo and Blitzen downward. Fly nodded then looked to the two at the shorter desks, "What say you?" Both motioned upward.

Fly nodded, and all turned their attention to Sherem, "The council has agreed to the proposal as offered, and so it is presented to you. Do you accept the terms offered?"

-Canterlot-

The decree received the following response: Princess Celestia, Normally we would not disclose this sort of information, but given the relative import of your missive we made an exception. Sherem was paired with one Midnight Star, whose mailing address is a PO box in his name in Archback internal district 1 box 1. We hope that no emergency has caused this sudden request. ~Lunar Order

Edited by Illiad Easle
Forgot final part
  • Brohoof 1

Sherem kept his posture with his sword out and raised his head to look at every single pony of the council and he firmly said "mostly agree my lords and ladies, but I must disagree on something, while I have sworn to the service of Sir and this kingdom, I cannot and Will not put my loyalties one over the other. I know most of you and your ancestors hate the rulership of equestria do to the enslavement years most of your ancestors suffered during that time. However I owe my freedom to the four princesses of Equestria being Princess Celestia the most, who gave me some chances to live again after a thousand of years of imprisonment with the dark entity you all know as Sheoreth." 

-In canterlot-

Celestia's eyes widened and she was now worried that it was midnight, and therfore Sir would be involved somehow, she could feel that. She had agreed to left the kingdom of archback alone for she knew she was not welcomed there. But if Sherem was there and Sheoreth would loose control there she could only fear the worst of scenarios.

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

None of the council members looked too pleased by his response, a few looked shocked, the deer and reindeer especially but Fly cut them off before they could respond. "While this is not the time or place to bring up our collective genealogy, I should correct you that only one of us had ancestors marginally affected by the Equestrian slave trade, that member of course being Zulu, and even so she hails from Zebrica, not Mohotma. Furthermore, we would hardly be a fair and unbiased council if we openly hated any other nation's leadership. If we hated Celestia we'd never have summoned you. We would have simply waited for you to destroy Equestria yourself, and then we would come in and pick up the pieces."

Zulu stood, "I may be out of place, but I hope another will endorse me, perhaps a Fastar Accord is too strict. All we need is that he would be bound to return here whenever Sir or the council deems it necessary for the express purpose of refreshing his containment. Could we not ask that?"

Apollo had been staring deep into Sherem's eyes, but smiled, "I'll endorse your proposal Zulu." That action startled Blitzen, who had previously voted against the proposal, Apollo continued "It takes some serious guts to refuse an offer from the council, especially when the proposed alternative is indefinite captivity. It shows you really believe in what you say. You stay true to your vows. I'm confident that, if you so swear on your life and honor that you'll return whenever we or Sir deem it necessary, you would do all in your power, come Tartarus or landslide, to be here. If you so swear it I find the proposal satisfactory."

There was a murmur of agreement around the room, so Fly spoke again, "The proposal then stands modified:" He read off the paper passed to him, "Sherem will go free. The conditions of his freedom being: He so swear on his honor and life that he will return as often as Sir or the council requires for renewal of containment no less frequent than yearly. He be kept under watch at least daily by Fastar or Changeling guards already within the ranks of the Equestrian military. A future meeting be held establishing protocol to detain Sherem should Sheoreth escape unexpectedly. These terms may be changed at the council's digression pending future incidents." He looked up and at Sherem, "What says the council?"

This time the four at the large desks motioned three upward, one downward. Douglas, Attaché, and Apollo upward, just Blitzen downward.

Fly nodded and all again turned their attention to Sherem, "The council has agreed to the proposal as adjusted, and so it is presented to you. Do you accept the terms offered?" 

• Brohoof 1

Sherem still knelt "you will have to forgive my ignorance, I'm just getting antiquated with the history of this kingdom and If I am to serve I will learn all I can about the history of it, as for the proposal, I humbly accept that you have decided to give me a chance"  he lowered his head even more "I will answer to the call of this kingdom and our lord Sir. Even from tartarus itself. My blood my skills my life may not be worth much, but all of that I will give for the Kingdom of Archback as well to the kingdom of Equestria even if it tears me in two" he said still holding his sword firmly and kneeling to the council. 

• Brohoof 1

@Sherem

Fly looked like he was about to correct again, but shook himself off that path before he continued. "The council finds your answer satisfactory. This meeting is now adjourned."

The members of the press were first to leave the meeting, followed by the council members who each, with the exception of Blitzen, gave Sherem a kind nod as they filed out. Midnight stood and stretched from sitting in the small desk, "Well, I thought they would ask me for some insight, but it looks like they were able to work it out among themselves."

Midnight made his way to the door, "I think it's about time we ate, don't you think? From there we can see what you want to do now with your council given freedom."

If Sherem did not object Midnight would lead the way first through the meeting room where they had been with sir, then a larger meeting hall, then Midnight poked his head through a side door, before he sighed and pulled his head back out. "Swamped, of course. To the third kitchen then! They're likely bored enough by now." Midnight led the way back through the meeting hall, to the back hallway, to a small-ish door somewhat hidden out of the way.

Inside was a small dining area with a large window into a well stocked and furnished kitchen, within was a small pegasus darting about seeming to be in the process of cooking half a dozen things at the same time, but she turned without missing a beat when Midnight and Sherem walked in. She was a bit shorter than the average pony, she had a shortish chocolate brown mane and a cookie colored coat. Her small wings fluttered occasionally as she worked and from where he stood Sherem could see that her underside of her barrel was an even lighter shade, almost sugar cookie in color. In contrast her excited eyes were an impressive emerald green. "Hi there! Don't think I've seen you yet, you must be new here! And an Alicorn to boot, I haven't had the chance to cook for one of those yet!"

She quickly finished up what she was working on, setting things in positions where they could wait a bit before needing her attention again, "So what can I get you two? No food's too difficult for Cookie Pie to make!"

Midnight chuckled, "I think I'll just have a sandwich today, you know how I like it."

Cookie nodded with a big smile, "Yup! We just got a new box of those peppers you like, I was just about to make the sauce when you walked in!" She turned to Sherem, "And what can I get you? Is there something special that Alicorns eat?"

• Brohoof 1