Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you were to get a pet pony, who and how they’ll behave?

Steve Piranha

How they would behave?  

8 users have voted

1. 1. What pet they’ll behave the closest?

• Dogs
    • Cats
    • Birds (in case of pegasi)
    • Horses
    • Other

If you were to get a pet FIN pony, who would be and how they’ll behave the closest? Mine would be McFlurry 

medium.jpeg

and I’d like for her to behave closer to a dog :wub:

disclaimer: just picture they act as pets, instead of horse-shaped people :proud:

Edited by Steve Piranha

Given that they're sentient beings, something tells me they'll behave like people. My Little Dashie but horribly wrong.

Disclaimer: Answered before OP's disclaimer.

Edited by SharpWit

Yea, they are sentient, so, they would behave like people. Having one as a pet would be like having a pet black guy - slavery.

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

disclaimer: just picture they act as pets, instead of horse-shaped people

In that case I don't want any, thank you. I like some of the FIM ponies not just because of appearance (of course they are cute), but also because of personality (I would love to be friends with Twilight or Starlight). A cute-pony shaped cat is still a cat and I would have to take care of it, just like taking care of a real cat, so no (and I don't think I could look at a mlp-pony shaped cat - it would look really sad to me, like the pony got into some accident and is now irreversibly brain damaged).

I just don't want to take care of a pet. I dislike dogs, though I wouldn't mind if one of my friends had a cat and I could play with it once in a few months or so.

Edited by Pentium100

Well, if they acted like horses, I could brush them, trim their hooves, feed them carrots and apples, they'd run and play out in my pastures, sleep in the barn...and poop everywhere...

11 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I don't see who wouldn't want their own pet of their favorite character.

Me. The reason I like Twilight is not just because she is adorable (extremely), but mainly because of her personality (especially in the first seasons). A regular non-sentient animal (acting like a normal horse, cat, whatever) that looks like Twilight would not have that personality (obviously). It would also look to me like, well maybe it is Twilight, just severely brain damaged, which would make me sad.

I would want to be friends with Twilight (human-, pony-shaped or whatever) instead of having a Twilight-shaped regular cat or horse as a pet. Though I do not want to have any pet at all, but I would rather have a normal cat than one that looks like a MLP-pony, because that would make me have unreasonable expectations.

Imagine if someone figured out how to make cats (or some other non-sentient animals) that would look like humans - would you want such animal that looks like your favorite celebrity (but acts like a regular animal)?

• 1 month later...

Okay, this topic feels very naughty somehow.

Having a MLP pony as a pet... That can talk and behave like in the show? You know they are intelligent right? Closest animal would be... A dolphin or parrot. So I would go with a parrot. (because dolphins as pets are illegal, and so should MLP ponies! There are reasons for this :BornAgainBrony:)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Watching Dragon Prince again, maybe I’ve also been subconsciously inspired on ponies behaving like dogs thanks to it. Specifically, Bait and Zym :fluttershy:

latest?cb=20180916191227

latest?cb=20200303020004