Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About "Testing Forum" section.

Midnight Danny

(edited)

If l posted something that is for test only, is there a way to delete my post from there? (or should l say, if i start a topic in "Testing Forum" section) 

Edited by Midnight Danny
  • Brohoof 1

The test forum is only visible to you. It allows you to test out layouts of your posts, so you don't need to edit the public ones you create.
There is no way to delete your posts, but you can edit them out if it makes you feel any better.

You can also use the test forum for storage of attachments that you want to link into public posts, and there is a benefit to that, which I won't get into, but it had to do with custom emojis.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

The test forum is only visible to you. It allows you to test out layouts of your posts, so you don't need to edit the public ones you create.
There is no way to delete your posts, but you can edit them out if it makes you feel any better.

You can also use the test forum for storage of attachments that you want to link into public posts, and there is a benefit to that, which I won't get into, but it had to do with custom emojis.

Oh, alright. Thanks for letting me know! :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Midnight Danny

Users are unable to delete their threads.

However, I understand, that some users would prefer to keep their testing corners neat and since threads you post there are only for you anyway, removing these wouldn't hurt.

With that being said, I could remove threads there from your view if you'd like. :fluttershy: Just notify me which ones you'd like to remove. Alternatively, just report these threads and ask for removal. :grin:

Although I'd like you to ask yourself one question - Is it really necessary? You can always edit the posts there and/or reply to have one thread for all the potential science you'd like to perform. Making new threads each time you'd like to test something, just to ask for removal afterwards is really unnecessary. :pout: If you've got a mess you'd like to clean up a bit, I can help, but keep in mind that threads there don't hurt anyone (other users don't see these), so it's fine if you leave these there. :darling:

Edited by Rikifive
Added a bit more info
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
2 hours ago, Rikifive said:

@Midnight Danny

Users are unable to delete their threads.

However, I understand, that some users would prefer to keep their testing corners neat and since threads you post there are only for you anyway, removing these wouldn't hurt.

With that being said, I could remove threads there from your view if you'd like. :fluttershy: Just notify me which ones you'd like to remove. Alternatively, just report these threads and ask for removal. :grin:

Although I'd like you to ask yourself one question - Is it really necessary? You can always edit the posts there and/or reply to have one thread for all the potential science you'd like to perform. Making new threads each time you'd like to test something, just to ask for removal afterwards is really unnecessary. :pout: If you've got a mess you'd like to clean up a bit, I can help, but keep in mind that threads there don't hurt anyone (other users don't see these), so it's fine if you leave these there. :darling:

It's okay for now :fluttershy: and sorry for my late response :blush:

I just wanted to know if someone saw what l posted for test only, but thanks to Splashee, l know that only me can see that topic. If i want to clean up, l will always tell you if i want to clean it up or not. :rarity:

So, you can close this topic now. (if you can) Oh, and thanks for the information! :)

Edited by Midnight Danny

Okay then and no worries! :fluttershy:

Everyone can see only their own threads in the testing forum, its description mentions that. :grin: Also keep in mind, that the staff can view all the threads there, in order to make us able to assist when there's a need. But still, don't worry about the mess there, it is what this section is for after all. :mlp_smug:

As @Splashee mentioned, some users (including me :ph3ar:) tend to store some attachments, images and/or notes in there and it isn't said it's not okay to do that. ;)That's when I imagine users wanting to get rid of some threads from the list, if they happened to post few spammy ones for science. So yeah, if you have just one, feel free to leave it and eventually reuse/modify it in the future when the need arises. :fluttershy:

If for some reason you'll end up having a mess there, feel free to, for example, notify me and I'll help cleaning some things there. :fluttershy:

Okay then, now that everything is clear, I'll lock this thread, marking as answered. You're welcome. :)

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked