Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open An Arrow to the Wing (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

The guard ignored the comment saying she hoped many died. Quasi gave Ruby a 'seriously?' look.

"We are aware, yes. You are allowed safe passage through Equestria. Though, any attacks by any of your kind will be met with overwhelming force."

Quasi walked off for a moment, and came back with some bags, he was going to bring his stuff as well, many were scrolls, made indestructible with his book, this was the first thing Quasi ever used his book for.

"Couldn't forget my scrolls, I really like history."

"You're always welcome in the Rainwing kingdom, both of you."

"Thank you Queen Glory."

He looked at Ruby after taking his book back from Deathbringer. He wrote something down, and ate the paper. This was a way to upgrade himself permanently.

"I do worry about the aggressive locals, given that defeating you is difficult. This is probably the best way I can keep up probably. And, I'm sure you won't tell any of them about the book, as that would be a disaster on us both. The small upgrades don't make me invincible, that would be cowardly, but these along with my training should give me a fighting chance."

He then went on to destroy the book, much to the surprise of the rainwings and nightwings.

"To keep this book would do more harm than good. If one of the locals got it, it would be a disaster. There goes my failsafe."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"OW! He bit me!"

"You called him stupid."

"Equestria likely is on high alert now."

"Yes, same with the my land. Thankfully they've prepared for this. Multiple scales were recovered after that ambush with the jackals. They are to be promptly experimented on. They are likely creating things to counter an attack from her as we speak. Higher caliber weapons and ammo capable of going there her kind. I doubt she'll do anything, but if her kind formed an army and attacked, that would put us on DEFCON 2. Maybe even 1."

"Ah, the Pentagon they're prepared for everything. They actually have plans to stop a zombie outbreake whether disease, plant eating zombies, or even magic. Crazy, right?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby ignored Quasi's look, she was dead serious, she never liked the ponies, and now she didn't need to act like she did, they were just like any other animal to her, and in her eyes they had challenged her by breaking in her home, so more of them perished during that challenge, the better. "Oh I'm so scared." she said to the guard with sarcasm so obvious that it was impossible to miss before ignoring any further words from them.

Ruby didn't show any strong reaction to Quasi destroyed the book, though there was slight satisfaction on her emotional level "Most of my kind is illiterate but I'm still glad you got rid of that thing, I'd rather not have my body controlled by others again." she didn't comment on Quasi making himself stronger, and though she wanted to, she didn't point out that she wasn't going to tell her kind anything about anything because anytime they would meet one of her kind, it would be most likely end up with someone dead. "And it's also better for you to get rid of such thing, you will never get stronger if you always have a easy way to escape" Magic was powerful weapon, but those who mastered magic rarely knew anything else, so if they can't use their magic, those who they call brutes are suddenly the more powerful ones, and sure one could lose their strength, but that usually was because they died or got badly injured, and it wasn't like you could use weapons or magic either if you were so badly injured that you couldn't fight.

She would take flight when everything was packed up and coming with.

-------------------------------
"I guess it does bite." Ember said to Sky before the conversation started, what did he expect? not only because he had just insulted the bird, but because he had threatened it...or at least tried to threaten it, with a gun earlier.

Ember let out a amused exhale that sounded more contemptuous than amused "Oh how the tables have turned." she had seen some information about Ruby before she joined the group, written by ponies of course, and that combined with what she had seen while being with them, it seemed that everyone just saw her as boastful dragon that a singe dragon-hunter pony could take down, yet now that they had driven her away from their side, everyone were preparing for a war, if only they had had this kind of trust on her abilities before. 

She didn't have any emotional connection to Ruby, so ultimately she didn't care, but it was bit unfortunate that she had been driven away, especially since everyone seemed to be aware of her capabilities, but well, this was a old story she had seen many times, a powerful and maybe a bit unpleasant individual was rejected by those standing on moral pedestal, leading to lot of unnecessary suffering, for creatures that constantly talked about friendship, ponies really seemed to forget that compromise had to come from both directions.

@Catpone Cerberus

"I read some documents on the world Sky and Myra is from, specifically the island Myra is from, there is a special mixture of diamond and other metal use to penetrate metal. Diamond alone, I know would not work on your scales, as while it is the hardest metal, it is also brittle. Perhaps a mixture of diamond and steel?"

Quasi would take flight with her.

"A spear is too light, I'd need something heavier to put more force into such an attack. The scavengers in Sky's land used big hammers to counter armor. The spiked part would put a whole in a helmet. Maybe  a spiked weapon with a weighted part to give a similar effect? What do you think? Any idea on what weapon would work against your kind? One may call it weak, but I think it's smart. Some may say that doing that is strong because it's a way to adapt. Truth is, the scavengers and canines in Sky's world have that strength."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah, she will probably hate the drones."

"Drones?"

"Humans and canines are curious. More so the humans, as they are different in terms of instinct. Plus if we feel there is a need to adapt, we will. Humans like to have an advantage. Humans actually need it more than canines. You put a human with their bare hands against a bear, they're gonna die. Give them a weapon, the bear is done."

"Ember, what are ponies like in terms of this?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Weapons are not strength, they are power." Ruby said, "No weapon is strong, only powerful." she didn't care much for semantics, but this was one she was very particular on because it was very important for what she meant when she spoke about being strong or weak "Power can be taken away, strength cannot."   

"I would suggest you to learn to use your natural weapons, claws and teeth." she said "You cannot lose them and they are lot faster to redirect." "But if you must use piece of metal instead, forget penetration and go for blunt weapons, getting through our scales is only useful if you can do more damage after that, or you are able to make the one hit lethal." "If you get a weapon to go through our scales but not to kill us, its fate will be the same as your spear, it gets stuck and breaks." 

-------------------------------------
"Wasted potential." Ember said "That's how I would describe it." "They are equally adaptive, that is the one required trait for a species to thrive like most intelligent do, but they don't use that ability anymore, they trust their magic way too much." "Pony-bodies are not made for fighting, they are prey animals after all, they are build for running away." she looked at and moved her hooves in a way that said 'I would know' "But instead of focusing on creating things to accommodate that weakness, they just hope that every threat they will face can be dealt with magic and friendship."

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi looked at where is leg was.

"I may have trouble either way. Though, there was something sent to my home that might help."

He reached into his bag and pulled out a fake leg. It was made of steel.

"Maybe I can upgrade the leg with the broken spear and make effective claws. If I get attacked, I'll probably do what animals do and go for the throat. Is that too obvious?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Didn't Equestria get almost destroyed multiple times. Equestria is capable of superpower status if they really wanted to go there, though I doubt the U.S. would use their influence to make that happen. We're too use to being the big guys. Wanna bet on Quasi's chances with Ruby? I bet one of my guns that Ruby kills Quasi!"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"That is very predictable, it's also most likely what others of my kind will try to do to you." Ruby stated "But that's not why you should avoid doing it." "The reason for that is...well, look at me, unlike most creatures, our throat and our underside in general are not our weak points, quite the opposite." "It is also very easy for us to strike you when you are around that area, so if you can't make a lethal hit, which you most likely can't, you will get hit." "For weaker creature like you, I'd suggest more defensive style, hit and get away, similar to what I did on the arena." this of course was only true for most of her kind, she wasn't that simple to take down, she wasn't stupid enough to tell how one could kill her. "You should avoid our front since you're not fireproof." 

---------------------------------------
"Until he does something stupid, I don't think Ruby is going to kill him, chase away maybe, but not kill." Ember suggested, for the part about Equestria getting almost destroyed she just gestured 'yep' as she had nothing to add to it "She seemed to get along with him...at least compared to you all ."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Looks like I'm at a disadvantage. Maybe Skywing tactics and ability to make things will help. Your kind is strong, but they lack something. The use of tools. They have the the intellect to do this, but not the willingness. The scavengers made it far with the tools. While many creatures rely on speed or muscle or horns, scavengers rely on their brain. That is their natural defense. And if I have the natural intelligence to do things like that, then isn't the use of tools a natural strength for me too? Armor isn't an easy option, you're essentially too strong for armor to do anything useful. In this case, I should rely on mobility, being trained by a skywing, I have that."

Quasi looked thoughtful.

"I'm half-expecting to get carried off by a large dragon and eaten alive right when I step into your land."

While flying, he'd put on the metal leg. It moved, probably animus touched. Maybe it was made by Turtle? Or maybe it was originally a wooden leg and that one nightwing used the book on it? Whatever it was, it was cool.

"Do I look stronger or weaker with this thing on? I wanna upgrade this thing and make it deadly. Probably just some nice claws from the spear. Not like I could make a retractable sword, well... not immediately."

"We should probably be careful, I'm sure any dragons there might want your treasure."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, satellite intel shows something new. Their leader might be a bigger threat than we though. We don't know if it's an Equestrian dragon with animus powers or a draconequus. Whatever the case, the nuclear option is on the table."

"I doubt it's a draconequus, they would've made things a lot worse. And then there is the issue with them turning the nuke into butterflies or whatever. We can rule out the draconequus issue right now."

"Not if they don't expect the nuke."

"You've never seen a draconequus, have you?"

"What do you think, Ember?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I rather not repeat myself." Ruby stated regarding Quasi's possibly rhetorical question "Though I do find your implication that we don't use our brain slightly insulting, we not needing something doesn't mean we lack brain." "Was it not usage of brain to learn everything I did and create new spells through forgotten magic?" "Is it not use of brain to strategize on the fly when facing new type of opponent?" "We use both, our head, and our body."

"And you look like your leg may malfunction at a wrong time." "But movement is important, and while I wouldn't suggest putting your full trust on a fake leg, I'm not going to judge you for it either." 

"I'm also not worried about our arrival, the outer parts of the homelands is the territory of younger dragons, most of whom are smart enough to not challenge someone four times their age, and those who do challenge me...well, there is a reason why I used to be on the top." she had been and still was one of if not the strongest for her age, too bad her mother was lot older and shared the same genes. 

----------------------------
"Arrow is right on this one." Ember responded "Draconequus, even a weaker one, wouldn't have the need, or interest, for gathering an army, until they found it amusing that is, but they wouldn't just stay on the background even in that case." "Your nukes would also be useless if it was draconequus, they have control over reality, even if you somehow managed to surprise a draconequus with a weapon, they could just make it useless before any harm came to them."  "Lastly, if it was draconequus, we wouldn't be here, because as ineffective as Equestria is in dealing with threats, since Discord joined them, their anti-draconequus efforts have been almost perfect."

@Catpone Cerberus

"So like, are you gonna kill your mother or something? If so, how? If she's stronger and more experienced, that will turn out difficult. Even with my training, you're a challenge for me. So, won't she be a challenge for you too?"

"Oh! I'll distract! Maybe I can bite off her tail!"

Quasi looked thoughtful.

"Wow, Mira was right, you are an influence. Is that good?"

-------------------------------------------------

"Seems our technology is useless against a draconequus then, good thing it's not that. However, allying ourselves with Equestria was probably a safe move. Trading for ways to harness Equestrian magic to make powerful weapons would be useful in our own anti-draconequus defense. A defense pact is the option we'll need to use. Ever heard of NATO?"

"It isn't that simple, Sky, there's a lot in making agreements like that. We still need to get Equestria to stop banishing ponies to places they don't need. They also need to make tartarus less cruel."

Sky looked at Ember and Arrow.

"Yeah, ya'll aren't allowed to do that anymore."

"Who died and made you chief?"

"Geneva Conventions."

"I'd use your Geneva Conventions as a wash cloth!"

"We'll sanction your nation really hard! Ember is already enough of a reason."

He looked at Ember.

"No offense."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I'll deal with her at some point, if someone hasn't dealt with her already that is." Ruby calmly said "It may be in a week, or a month, or ten years, but I'll do it eventually, my preparing got delayed with this whole banishment thing." "And on the influence thing? it depends on your future plans." "If you're planning to stay with me, any sign of you losing the stupid morality mindset is not only good but preferred, because at the homelands it's kill or be killed, and no matter how much they beg for mercy and promise to leave you alone, they'll come back until one of you dies." "But if you instead are planning to return to your world eventually, well, I don't think they would appreciate the change." 

-------------------------------------
"Told you they want to take over." Ember said in neutral tone "A slow takeover of the leadership wrapped up to seem like something positive." "I assume you will take all Equestria's magical threats to your world then since you know how they should handle them?" "Also, no rules from your world  mean anything in Equestria until all the rulers have agreed to it." "Oh, and good luck proving me to anyone, as far as you know, everything I have said has been lies." she looked towards the sky and exhaled in almost bored manner "Ultimately I couldn't care less what goes between you and Equestria, I have no connection to the place other than that I just happened to grow up there, don't even know if I was born there." "I also have no loyalty to any government or organization." if one had paid attention to such details, they could realize that not once had Ember used 'we' when talking about Equestria since she first arrived.

@Catpone Cerberus

"My morality won't go, but I'm willing to kill in self-defense. Mira made sure I knew how to defend myself. Like when I killed the animus dragon in the arena."

Quasi's eyes lit up with exicitement.

"Oh! I wanna meet an elder! Old people are really nice!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We aren't taking over, that would imply an annexation or puppeting of Equestria. We simply are the world with proper rules in place as a result of previous issues and we do not want these issues to return to us. We don't need more genocide and war crimes."

"They call them war crimes because their illegal, people are gonna do those things regardless."

"Like putting a little filly in Tartarus? The prisoners barely have any room to move and this can easily cause serious health issues. She clearly needs mental help and your nation has been denying her that. Equestria clearly needs some reformations."

He looked at Ember.

"You underestimate our abilities. My land won't tell the public, it isn't a pressing issue, as you aren't even on our list of worries. You will be kept in mind though. Who knows who else Celestia is hiring to kill people."

"Okay, that is a bit sketchy."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Your definition of self-defense may be too narrow for my land, but we'll see..." it was almost ominous how she said the last part "That aside, like I have said, one can't just meet an elder, nobody knows where they are, if they even exist." "Or at least as far as I know that's the case, it isn't like information really goes around in the homelands since we kill each other instead of talking." 

------------------------
"That filly almost destroyed not only Equestria, but the whole planet, are you really trying to claim that if someone tried and almost succeeded removing every piece of technology from your world, you would just talk to them?" Ember pointed out in her usual calm tone, sure magic wasn't the same as technology, but between their worlds it was the closest equivalent "Also your last statement is just false." "I never said Celestia has hired me at any point, she hasn't, i would never take a job from a member of government, nor would any other bounty hunter I know, we could just walk in the dungeons if we were that stupid." "What I did say was that she doesn't actively try to hunt me down because my operations happen to help Equestria." "Lastly, don't act so damn innocent, your country keeps wars active in smaller countries for monetary gain." like she had said at some point, she had her connections, and while she didn't have direct connection in the other worlds yet, her connections had connections who had connections and so on, providing her with information that helped her to determine who she was dealing with.

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi kept quiet for a while until they were flying over Equestria. He noticed many guards posted, watching them. A group of ponies stood there. Probably just in case Ruby did something.

"Are those the elements of harmony? Are they that afraid of you?"

------------------------------

"Then put the girl juvenile detention. Maybe even put her in prison if she's that bad, she still has rights!"

"And for your information, we don't fight in smaller countries unless we need t- well there was Vietnam, but that was a long time ago. Afghanistan? They attacked us and we retaliated. It just happened to through us into a big rabbit hole of conflict. And Iraq? Well... okay, that wasn't for money that was for oil... yeah... you got me on Iraq. Iran is a little sketchy."

"You just proved her point."

"Only partly."

"But it isn't any better."

Ace put his paw on Sky's shoulder to let him know he had this.

"Actually, Iraq was actually because they attacked Kuwait even we warned them not to attack. We went to Afghanistan after we were attacked on September 11th 2001. One was in defense of what you could say was an ally, and the other to protect our own nation. Terrorism is a serious issue in my world, sadly."

"But Sky does need to understand that America has made mistakes like any nation. People were enslaved for color, later these people were oppressed after being free, there was Vietnam, making the nuclear bomb, so yes, we did make some seriously terrible mistakes. But our armed conflicts in the middle east aren't for money, just a rabbit hole we were forced down."

"Do you regret these mistakes?"

"We learn from mistakes. We don't want to forget history or else it may repeat itself. Maybe that's why we do what we do. Not only my country, but my world has done many things and we don't want these to happen again. And Sky, these things are not for you to decide, you're essentially a foot soldier like me. You aren't the one leading the country. Stop acting like you know what our country will do, you don't."

"Sky, it's okay to like your country, but you can't act like you're superior to everyone else. I understand, I love Equestria, but if I acted like you've acted, I'd represent my nation in a terrible way. You are representing the United States. Please, represent your nation in a positive manner. Bragging about your military power just makes you sound arrogant. Right, Ember, hasn't he sounded arrogant?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Of course they are, and they should be." Ruby said with despise "Isn't it funny that nobody cared about me until I refused to be used by them?" "Though I'm curious what the effect of the elements would be for me, because as far as I know, every time they have been used until now, the threat has been magic based, and the solution has always been to stop that magic, so what would happen if it hit something that doesn't have even a hint of Equestrian magic and isn't the spirit of chaos?" 

-----------------------------------------------------
"I'd say more insecure than arrogant." Ember said coldly "Arrogant creatures don't have the need to prove themselves to others because they already think they are the best." "But that's not my problem, I'm part dragon, I too have pride." "I just hate hypocrisy and sanctimonious creatures." "Your world has more death and crime in matter of days than there has been in Equestria for 1000 years, so excuse me when I don't think your way is better than Equestria's." "It is always the most powerful ones who act like they are the good ones." "And I don't like Celestia if that wasn't clear, but she at least acknowledges her own mistakes, she knows she had failed in certain things and that's why those like me are allowed do do our job." "Your world in other hoof? well, from your own words it really sound like you act nice first but if you don't get what you want, you start extorting others and then eventually take them down if even that doesn't help." "Really sound like the various crime bosses I have taken down if you ask me." Ember didn't like or trust governments or other organizations, a opinion that wasn't fully correct one either, but she had her reasons, and in the end, every opinion was just that, an opinion. "I'd also want to bring up something regarding what Ace said, Sky is just a soldier, and technically speaking, so are we, a independent bounty hunter and a dragon hunter hired by Celestia, so why are we even talking about politics? none of us has any say on anything, we are here to just risk our lives for someone else's gain."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Don't worry, give them a few days and they'll be okay with you. Equestria tends not to keep up banishment. Maybe Twilight will show up and try to reform you."

"Hmm... tanks, fighter jets. Yeah, good thing we're just flying through."

------------------------‐-‐-

"I risk my life for my people to ensure their freedom."

"You take freedom seriously."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"That's why I told the guard to get the message to her too." Ruby pointed out "Any Equestrian creature in my territory will be met with hostility." "And what do you know about how Equestria does things? as far as I'm aware you did not live there." 

----------------------------------------------------------
"I know I said it's pointless for us to talk about politics, but I can't help but question something." Ember started "How exactly does getting involved with matters that have no effect on your world and your country relate to your country's freedom?" "Because my freedom certainly isn't affected by how you deal with your own prisoners." she could have also pointed out that threatening others to follow their rules was stealing other's freedom, but like she had said, politics were pointless for expendables like them, she just liked to point things like that out, it was the dragon side doing that, it liked to be right. "I personally am here mostly for the money, though my reasons for doing this job in general are different." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, the portal was opened to my world first. They tried to keep this secret with a blockade with the help of the hippogriff seapony or whatever navy. Did you know you don't need citizenship to join? Isn't that dangerous?"

He realized he was about to get off topic.

"Well, then the Earth world opened, they were gonna do the same, but the U.S. navy beat them to it. The hippogriff navy left, afraid of the ships and aircrafts. They then made contact with Equestria and asked permission to land their troops to check the place out, assuring that there was no intention to attack them. The U.S's signal accidentally told the public they were there. The mass panic was insane in the two worlds."

He looked thoughtful for a moment.

"The U.S. sent their troops to my world to protect the humans a.k.a. scavengers from the dragons. Laws were made in all tribes to disallow the eating of scavengers. Any dragon caught trying to eat any will be warned. If the warning succeeds, they will be given over to custody of the nearest tribe and they will be imprisoned. If the warning fails, the dragon will be shot and killed. Queen Glory says they have good reason as they are just protecting what we previously thought were just animals. They aren't invading dragon territory. They did send scientists to learn about us."

---------------------------

"Well, if a tourist gets arrested, we want to ensure they're safe. Also, if war break out, and I hope that never happens, we want to ensure prisoners of war are treated properly. But Equestria is friendly and war would do more harm than good. Our government is trying to work on trade. Mostly for the magic for defense purposes."

"Just like the nuclear stockpile capable destroying Earth, Equus, and Quasi's world in a single day?"

"Yep."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"It's always fun when only one side is allowed to kill the other." Ruby pointed out, she of course didn't mean fun as fun, but more as in 'of course it's like that' "Like I would have been banished to the moon or something if I would have dared to touch a pony...or well, gotten caught touching a pony, but if Arrow would have cut me into pieces and fed to someone, no pony would have cared." "Like in your situation, I assure you that if the U.S or whatever killed few of yours in their world, you wouldn't get as much as a apology." 

-------------------------------------------------

"Defense purposes, yeah right." Ember said in disbelief "Just like I act in self-defense by hunting down my targets for months, totally just defending myself." "And if you're so worried about getting jailed in a different world, maybe instead of forcing them to change, you tell your citizens that they are not kings everywhere and that they should not break the law or start wars." "Or just stay in your own world." One could only wonder why Sky wanted to prove the goodness of his country to these random individuals who didn't have say in anything so badly, but as much as he tried, Ember would not buy it and would always come up with reasons why, she had special hatred to those who tried to use their power to change others to their liking while ignoring the possible negative effects, it didn't matter if it was through money, military power, or political power, from her point of view, Sky's world was the powerful one wielding its power against Equestria, and she didn't trust them, and she didn't like them.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, I don't think anyone is allowed to harm a pony. I wouldn't get away with it, Arrow would probably get arrested and dishonorably discharged. And I don't know if he would be allowed to do that. I'm pretty sure cutting you up into pieces and feeding them to someone is illegal.And who'd eat a dragon?"

After that, he looked at Ruby and did the flying equivalent to scooting away.

Throughout the journey he'd talk a little bit, but was mostly silent. When they got close to the place, Quasi noticed something. A white coyote standing on a dead dragon one from Fironia. Her face has war paint, and had a bow and other weapons.

Curiously, Quasi looked at Ruby and landed.

"I'm looking for a black and white dog with a service dog vest. She went in to find her pup."

"If she they aren't hiding, they likely died."

"You underestimate the instincts of a good mother."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sky, your country is seriously divided. Constant arguing over simple things. Many don't even like their own leader and you tell me your country is the ultimate utopia? People go on this thing called a Twitter or whatever and literally try to ruin each other's lives over small things. Stop it, Sky. You're strong, but you are not perfect. It takes more than military power to be a great nation. Ever heard of the Storm King's land? His land was powerful, but his land was terrible. And maybe you land isn't terrible, but it isn't the biggest thing since sliced bread either. Stop it Sky. Stop bragging about America. No one cares. I know you're better than this."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I would, and have, and will." Ruby stated as Quasi scooted away

Being that Ruby wasn't really a conversation starter, she would stay quiet any time she wasn't talked to. When they left Equestria and arrived at the sea, Ruby started flying up, continuing her flight far above the clouds, and the reason would become apparent at some point during their 20-ish hour travel, there was a sea storm going on. 

When the homelands came to view, Ruby would simply say "There.", in front of them, still some distance away was huge mountains too high to fly over with only few gaps that could be traveled, from those gaps was visible what most of the homelands were (as far as she knew) volcanic land with more caves, ravines and other holes than one could count, covered by partly burned down forests with huge trees. This was the homelands, a place where most creatures would get lost or hurt due to the terrain alone, a place where machines like tanks or planes would have trouble moving, a place where only one creature could thrive, the only creature to truly deserve its new name, Deathwings.

"And why exactly should I care about your dog?" Ruby would say when she followed Quasi down for now, though she wasn't willing to waste her time here for too long, she had a cave to take over and she was getting tired of carrying all the treasure. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah Storm King." Ember said in thoughtful tone "There's someone for you to look into, It's clear that you are trying to sell your government to me, but it's not working, you may ask why, and my answer?" she looked Sky in the eyes "If you can't guess, then you don't know enough, learn before you speak." she then raised her voice "Now can we shut up about things that don't matter and keep our heads in the job, or will I continue alone like I usually do?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"I thought you were good with children, there's a little pup literally in your land."

"I've seen your kind and what they could do, I doubt I could kill even the small ones, but I will find Molly and the pup or die trying."

"At least give her some information to traverse the land."

---------------------------------------------------

"Let's do the missions. There's a dragon close, guarding a treasury. I don't know why we need to go after their treasury, but whatever. Ember, maybe you can eat all the gems, ya big fatty."  He said in a playful manner.

"How about we eat the crow."

"Sky!"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I still don't get where you got that impression, me not killing hatchlings doesn't make me in anyway specially good." Ruby said to Quasi "And there isn't really much information to give, either what you are looking for is in the closest hole big enough to not get over without flying, or they have been eaten by whoever has the closest territory, I haven't been here a while, and the terrain changes a bit after every fight." she got ready to take off again "And I also don't care." "This is the homelands, here nobody cares about your problems, and everyone wants to kill you." and here she didn't need to try to please anyone other than herself.

-------------------------------------------------------
"I don't eat gems." Ember said, unamused  "This mission will also cost you, if I didn't make that obvious enough, every thing besides my original targets will be considered as you hiring me." this was not a joke, as evidenced by the lack of humor in her voice, "And if you eat the crow, new one will appear, don't ask why, I have no idea." "You may also get a murder of crows after you too, they seem very protective of each other, got in trouble few times because of it when I was young." she smiled for the first time, a reminiscing smile "It was pretty scary the first time, but I do remember it with joy."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Can we at least take her part of the way there?"

"Not helping each other? Killing each other? Tell me dragon, are you happy? Are you happy with how you grew up? Are you happy being hated by your own kind? Having to survive each day? Never getting to thrive? People like you hate pack animals, but we thrive in packs. We have something to live for, while you have no reason to live, but to survive. You live on instinct alone, no passions, no ambition, nothing to work towards. Now you have a chance to prove you are truly strong."

"She doesn't like it when people say that."

"What we need to hear isn't always what we want. Her arrogance is what will kill her. Greed is what will slaughter her kind if it hasn't already."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Here's your payment, not being killed by fironians that will probably kill you if they win."

"FIGHT! FIGHT!"

Sky took some popcorn out of his bag and started stuffing is face.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Lot happier than when I had to actually listen to those like you." Ruby just answered coldly before looking at Quasi "And I don't care what you do, but I have no interest for this." she then took flight again, she had no reason to help anyone, and even if by slight chance she may have at some point considered it, the speech ruined it, this was her world, she didn't need to listen anyone's nonsense here.

-------------------------------------------
"If I feared death, I wouldn't be in this line of work." Ember simply said, she wasn't that easily provoked, she would be dead already if she was "Have fun with your dragon, I don't work for free." she got ready to take off "Also, considering how good you all claim to be, you won't need me to win." Ember wasn't here for charity, she had already given them special treatment by not requiring the usual amount of detail and such, and now they thought they could just use her like she was a soldier or something? 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Quasi would carry the coyote and go with Ruby."

"The smell isn't strong from up here, but their sent suggests they went in the same direction Ruby is going."

When they did get to the cave, a boarder collie would stand up and look directly at Ruby, ready to defend her pup. A pup stepped forward, but the mother  didn't let him pass.

"No let me go I wanna kill it!"

"Woah there, little barbarian."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have a McDonald's gift card."

"I collect several things from history. What about one of my tanks from the second world war? It has seen been used in the war and is worth around 400,000 dollars."

"You're willing to give that away?"

"I think Ember will be useful, she knows the land and how to take the creatures here."