Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open An Arrow to the Wing (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ruby, you're not a shield. I picked you because you're strong. And I wouldn't trust the others to fight someone like Darkstalker. Even any non-magical or non-divine being could beat Darkstalker, it's you, Ruby the deathwing that fears no one and nothing. You aren't afraid."

There was something else.

"And, I want to be with you. I've never met a dragon like you. I get it, many are out for themselves, the world has been out to get you, they poked a bear that was bound in chains of society. But me? Truth is that I love you, Ruby. You don't have to feel the same about me, that's your choice, not mine."

@Lucid_Nightlight
At least it didn't make her angrier, but it also didn't entirely calm her down "I find it hard to believe anything you say." "You all say something, do the opposite, and then you say something that contradicts the first thing after it gets pointed out." she said still sounding bit volatile "For this whole time you have been saying how it would be impossible for me to harm this dragon because it needs magic, but now that isn't suddenly the case?" she slowed down to a full stop, flying in place "So tell me, which is it? and be warned, I don't care how much you claim to care about me, if you lie to me one more time, I will make you wish you never met me." she hated those who tried to use her, but she had a extra deep hatred for male dragons that tried to put themselves above her, Quasi of course hadn't done that in reality, but to her things like lying came with the implication that the one lying assumed the other one was too stupid to see through those lies, which in turn implied intellectual superiority, and it didn't exactly help that Quasi literally said how much he had studied the topic, not a bad thing to say by itself, but for a pissed off dragoness who felt like she was constantly underestimated...like said, it didn't help.

If Quasi had time to look into Ruby's mind while she spoke, the thoughts would still be in wrong language, not that they would have mattered, as they mirrored what she had said, but on the emotion side of thing, among the betrayal-fueled anger and the general anger, there was new form of anger and hatred bubbling up, coming from somewhere deeper, the implications about her uselessness had brought up some kind of unpleasant memory.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ruby, you misunderstand. I mean that yes, through conventional means it is next to impossible to kill the evil nightwing, however, if any dragon could do such a task, that's you. Honestly, I can only dream of being you. You're strong and intelligent in a way I cannot compete with. And if I were treated like you were treated, I too would find difficulty in trusting others."

Quasi could tell Ruby had anger and betrayal, but he felt something else. A memory, feeling of uselessness maybe?

"Your pain comes from more than ponies, though I knew that, this specifically has significance. The dragon that hurt you. I've seen this is soldiers from that sandwing war, and rainwings that were hurt by nightwings. Will you tell me who hurt you... and where they are?"

The nightwing had a hint of anger, obviously not directed at Ruby.

@Lucid_Nightlight
The praise seemed to calm Ruby down a bit, but it wasn't hard to tell that she was trying to act like it had no part in anything, dragon's pride was easy target to both ways. She also got another idea regarding Darkstalker, though there was something she needed to know first, but that would need to wait as Quasi's last comment diverted her thoughts from that.
"Still on the bottom of that ravine probably, though there probably isn't much left of him at this point." new emotion appeared, it was hatred, but with almost sickening pleasure mixed in, it was probably for better that Quasi couldn't understand the details from her mind "He screamed and begged, too bad he was so weak, lasted only days before his body gave up." while she seemed to enjoy this specific memory in a way that was just horrible, the previous pain from the memory hadn't gone anywhere, in fact, it had gotten stronger, it seemed that the pleasure she had gotten from her revenge hadn't done anything to help with getting over what lead to that revenge. "I can still see his worthless face and hear his pathetic pleas when I think about him, and only thing I regret is that it didn't last longer." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hmm... I guess there's no need to kill the dragon myself then. Seems you're one to tie up loose ends. You're not as nice as me, I'm more of a quick death kinda guy."

Though, Quasi did think for a moment. Maybe revenge isn't something he should do, he was still Quasi and was the forgiving type. Typically his reasons for killing would be to defend or regain something important. For example, there was some justice in killing Ruby's mother in his opinion, has from what was gathered, she stole Ruby's home and she needed it back. Whether he'd do that or not, the dragon didn't know.

"Whatever the case, I think I need to calm down on revenge. Sure, you're an influence, but I'm still myself. Let's focus on killing those that are threats or have something important that was stolen from one of us. Or both of us, but I don't think that happened."

One thing that was clear, Quasi still had more morals and sense of good and bad than Ruby. However being around Ruby has helped Quasi, he wasn't the weak coward he once was.

"So, deathwing, are you ready to kill the coward hiding behind his magic?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby didn't respond to Quasi's words regarding revenge, she hadn't asked his opinion on it and didn't see any need to defend her own actions, in her eyes what she had done was perfectly justified, and she would do it again if she could. She also didn't have the sense of good and evil, she did know what actions were considered good or evil, but she simply didn't care, in her eyes morals were a made up concept created by herd animals to have some kind of rules, and while she understood their purpose, it wasn't something she concerned herself with.

She was more than happy to change the topic, even if she did her best to not show it, not that it would be too hard for Quasi to figure out since he could spy on her emotions, she clearly didn't like thinking about the memory "I'm always ready to kill." "Though I have a one question, this magic blocking thing, what is considered someone wearing it?" "Is it enough if it's in some kind of physical contact?" she again didn't reveal any of her plans out loud or in her thoughts, but she needed to know this to better refine her idea.

@Catpone Cerberus

"To hold is not to wear. To merely touch is not to wear. However, if I were to put chains on you and attach the earring to the chains, you'd technically wear the earrings. But of course Darkstalker is immune to spells that a-"

Quasi realized something. How did he miss it!?

"Turtle enchanted the earring, it won't work on Darkstalker unless he takes another form! Unless..."

Quasi looked at his book.

"This book was once part of Darkstalker's scroll. A scroll that he put his animus magic in. Remaining pieces still have power, this is one giant remaining piece! It can only change physical aspects... but... that might be all we need. What if I write down a spell to mess up Darkstalker's brain and make him brain dead. Or I could make him killable, but still strong  if you still want a challenge. We're not cheating, Darkstalker is cheating with his animus magic unkillablness. Isn't that cheating?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I'm not getting paid for going after Darkstalker nor do I have any personal reason to go after him, so if you have a way to avoid this unnecessary battle, go ahead." Ruby said "While I may not flee from a fight, I also won't blindly charge into every battle, and if a fight with high chance of injure where I have no personal investment in can be avoided, I avoid them." "Also there is no such thing as cheating in a fight, claiming cheating is sign of weakness." "Yes, I despise magic, but that doesn't make using it cheating, it just makes one look cowardly and weak, and if one was to kill me with help of magic, I would consider myself superior until my last breath, and the reason I don't use it is because I rather die proud than win by using coward's tool." "There is exception to the rule though, even I would be willing to use magic to stop someone else from using magic."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Darkstalker works for the enemies, so technically you're paid to kill him. And if you disagree on whatever technicality you wanna use, Darkstalker is also a threat. Whoever turned whoever into this threat doesn't know what they are doing. He pointed you out specifically and threatened you. He'll live up to his threat if you don't stop him."

Quasi would land, they were in some kinda jungle like place.

"This looks like the cover of a book a rainbow maned pony was carrying. Think the author got inspiration from this place?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Nobody mentioned a giant dragon from another world who's potentially untouchable by me, everyone only mentioned the leader." Ruby pointed out "And I'd still like to know how exactly you were thinking I would do that." "You don't believe my claws would do anything to him, and from what you said I understood that this..." she pointed at the earring thing "....also can't be used against him." "All your solutions rely on magic of some kind, so tell me, what it is you think I should do? and if you just need me as a distraction to do your magic, be honest about it, because you'll find that I get lot more pissed if I find out things like that afterwards." for the book things she just shrugged as she hadn't cared enough to pay any attention to pony literature besides things that could be use for her. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"You can take harder hits and you're good at avoiding them. Also, you're immune to fire. If we can get something to wrap around him, we could make Darkstalker easier to hurt. I'll write a spell to turn off his invincibility, stuff it in a vine, and you can wrap it around one of his horns."

Quasi wasn't durable like Ruby, he needed Ruby's help with this.

"We are looking for a pile of rubble that supposedly was a temple. We should probably stay on the ground, it might be covered by the trees."

Quasi would soon smell something. He used his mind reading but found nothing. But... how? They were there... but their minds were safe. This made Quasi uneasy.

"We know you're there!"

A group of ponies would step out. One had a some stubble and a gold skull cutie mark. Kinda made Quasi think about the stereotypical villain, but he wasn't gonna judge.

"Ah yes, you'll be of great help. There's a certain pony that has something of mine."

"We're on an important mission, while stolen items are unfortunate, we need t-"

"I know, you're looking for that big dragon, yes? We're aware of your little war, perhaps we could help each other. You two help find what we want, we help you find the big dragon."

"How do you know you won't trick us and run off when you get what you want?"

"We aren't dumb, tricking you two would be a death sentence for us. Especially with that red one with you she looks especially mean. Perhaps... a little reward will persuade you."

One of his guys would step up and show a pretty diamond. When he held it up to a light, it would glisten with many colors.

"What do you think?"

"Hmm... I'm more worried about the big threat than treasure. I'll leave this up to Ruby. You can let her have it if she accepts."

The pony looked at Ruby.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I'd like to disagree on the part about you being dumb, you're ponies." Ruby insulted  "Also you can't bride me with a singular 
diamond, especially considering that I could just kill you all and take it among anything else you have with you." "And how would you be able to help us to find anything, if you can't even find what you are looking for?" she was partly doing this to annoy the ponies, but she also meant what she said "Also, I don't do anything to anyone if I don't know enough details, as far as I know this 'certain pony' may be someone who would cause me to become Equestria's most wanted if I harmed them, sure I'm not far of now either but I'd prefer to not get the guard after me, it's hard to hide that amount of death." she didn't need the ability to read minds to know there was something shady going on, as the saying goes in different world, you can't con a conman.

@Catpone Cerberus

"I know this place well, I've seen him standing on the rubble of the temple."

He whispered to Ruby.

"Something isn't right. He seems to know the details, but he also doesn't seem right. Should we go with it and squeeze some information how? Maybe we can ditch this guy afterwards."

Seemed like a solid plan. Though it was weird... why would this guy go up to two dragons and try to help them? How did they see this other dragon and walk away unharmed?

-----------------------------------------------------

"And that's why Santa doesn't exist. Neither Santa Claus nor Santa Hooves."

Arrow frowned.

"Santa Hooves isn't real? But... I met him at a store once. There was a line and everything!"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"So he's at the temple." Ruby stated before turning to Quasi, "Either they are stupid enough to think they can use me or they are working for Darkstalker, in both cases, it's a pretty obvious trap." she said it at full volume, she didn't try to hide what she thought from the ponies "The lack of details is dead giveaway, and the fact that a random group of shady ponies in middle of nowhere would know anything about wars in other worlds, someone has clearly told them." the next sentence she would say bit quieter "And the fact that you haven't just read their minds gives me the reason to believe you can't, which again hints that they know more than they should." She saw it as pretty clear case, though if she was wrong, so what? she still didn't believe that random ponies would find a huge dragon any better than she would, and she wasn't willing to risk becoming a criminal in Equestria...or well, provably criminal, for a single diamond. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ember would have stayed most of the time quiet as what to her was pointless conversation had been going on, if she had been asked about the existence of Santa or any other similar things, her response would be something along the lines of 'I was never taught to believe in such things yet in world of magic like Equestria, everything is possible.'

Though surprisingly enough she would comment "I don't exist either if you ask from the right creatures, I have various nicknames that all are considered as mere legends among many criminals."  "My point being, while something may not exist in the exact form it is talked about, it doesn't make it nonexistent, things like Santa are mere symbols, explanations for other things, is there a single pony who gives gifts to every pony? probably not, but there is plenty of creatures who give kids and poor ponies gifts anonymously wearing a Santa costume." "Every story, myth and legend have some truth behind them." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, what would be nice is if someone would suddenly show up making it clear that this guy wasn't who he said he w-"

"I wouldn't trust him, if I were you."

"Ah, Daring Do. Just who we were looking for."

Quasi felt a little annoyed.

"Honestly, he's a terrible liar."

Seeing that the dragons didn't believe their lies, and their biggest enemy was there, they fled, probably do the temple.

"You're looking for that dragon? He seems pretty powerful, News spreads around quick, Equestria declared war on a land named Fironia. The war itself isn't my job to intervene, though this dragon is a problem. From what I heard of that conversation, I'm guessing you're after him?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Santa Clause originates from some saint named St. Nicholas some guy who gave people gifts of I think gold? I didn't read much into it."

"Christmas, a well known time in my land. Brought to us long ago. Perhaps it will spread to Equestria and other lands, who knows?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby just blinked, it was pointless for her to repeat what she had already made clear, that being, she hadn't believed the ponies in the first place.
"Yes, apparently he's important enough to be killed." she simply said, she had seen this pony in the covers of some books, she didn't know what the books were about since she didn't really care to check, but her visual memory was quite good. "And Equestria declared war?." she turned to Quasi "Weren't we sent because Celestia didn't want to declare a war?" 

---------------------------------------------------
"I hope not." Ember said, clearly disapproving of the idea "I may be half-pony but I can't stand all the celebrations, and I definitely don't want more of them." "I have purposely purged my birthday from my records so that Pinkie Pie doesn't know when it is." while she was more tolerating of things due to her pony side, she liked her peace and quiet, though, even if she hadn't hidden the date from everyone, it was very hard to get into her house uninvited, even for someone like Pinkie. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well it turns out that a single dragon was sent to attack Canterlot, they assumed that one would do the job. They didn't account for a batpony was that... actually a wyvern or something. Canterlot has prepared their defenses and formally declared war on Fironia. It seems another another land outside Equus has done the same thing, something about a thing called an... aircraft carrier?"

"Aircraft carrier attack? We were there.  Dragons attacked, a lot more than a single dragon. We won, I think. I'd say this would be an easy war with the humans and canines, but that one dragon is a big threat. And someone named Sky mentioned something about big bombs that can destroy entire cities and if they get scared enough, the could easily use one here, killing the locals in the process."

"Humans... don't they like shoot fire from their hands or something?"

-------------------------------------------------------

"Your disapproval won't stop the missionaries, given Equestria's nature, I'm sure they'll do well here. Even if you don't have the same religious beliefs, I'm sure you will at least like their helpful deeds. I personally like both parts."

"History repeats itself, doesn't it?"

"I wonder what immigration will look like. Will there be interworld military pacts? Embassy's in Equestria."

"Americans are interventionists, of course there will be an embassy."

"There isn't one in my land. And why do you intervene  at all?"

"Your land is treated like an uncontacted tribe, we're not supposed to intervene in your affairs, doing so with places like yours have had negative consequences in the past. I don't know why we intervene, guess it's a thing about being the big guy on the playground."

"Careful with that, it'll backfire eventually."

"Like that time when we went to vietnam and it blew up in our face."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Those weaklings can't take on a wyvern?" Ruby said mostly to herself, sounding like she was in disbelief. "That's the easiest part." she would only then join the conversation "Even if they really have those bombs, they won't use them, too scared of harming civilians." "The enemies will use that against them you know." "Besides bombs humans have weapons that launch pieces of metal at high speeds, no fire coming from hands, they're absolutely useless without their toys." 

--------------------------------------------------------------
Ember shook her head slowly "Equestria will be doomed, only they would be stupid enough to let foreign nation with more powerful military to just walk in and take over locations." "And before you try to defend yourself, there is no way a military pact would be any use for your world until you want something from our world, Equestria's military is a joke, so that isn't any better." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"They'd be reluctant, but if they are threatened enough, they'll use them. Cornered beasts and all that. Being a threat to those creatures only puts you in more danger."

"We better deal with the dragon soon

-----------------------------

"Hey we are not a joke!"

"I wouldn't worry about America taking over, that isn't our thing. Maybe North Korea or a terrorist group seeing a good opportunity. More likely the terrorist groups, North Korea knows they're on thin ice. Terrorist groups don't care, but given their firepower, they are a threat to Equestria. However, your currency shows an abundance in gold. You also have other precious metals. And then there's magic. You'd make an amazing trade partner."

The german shepherd from earlier would walk up to them. He was armed with an m16 a pistol.

"We should trade back our pistols."

Sky would give him the 1911 and the german shepherd would give Sky a glock pistol.

"There we go, Ace."

Ace was an old dog.

"Do you guys know how to do a sweep I know Sky does. A compound has been located, we suspect terrorists supplying the Fironians in there. We deal with that, the Fironians will have to supply themselves."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"So what are we waiting for?" Ruby asked "Though what do you mean 'we'?" "What exactly can you do to be any kind of help?" if it was true that even she couldn't do anything, how in the name of the natural order could a single pony be anything else than an annoyance?
---------------------------------
"Taking over doesn't always mean literal military conquest." Ember concluded before the other dog appeared, she didn't trust these dogs, nor the humans, if one truly had benevolent goals, they would not need armies and weapons that can destroy cities...as evidenced by Equestria, their military was awful because they didn't need it to take over lands.

"I'm a bounty hunter, not a soldier, so no, I'm not familiar with military talk and thus don't know what sweep is and how it's done." she had almost became a royal guard, so she did have sense of how military things worked, but she wasn't sure about the terminology, not that the royal guard did sweeps of any kind, they were guards.

@Catpone Cerberus

"I'll deal with his henchmen. Some ponies are working with him."

Eventually they'd make it there. Quasi has a vine, a paper written with what he needed inside.

"Okay, We get this vine on him and Darkstalker will be limited to physical attacks. You ready to kill a dragon from legend?"

----------------------------------

"Wait, no that isn't the term I'm looking for. Sorry, I'm old. My team used the term, clean house. Whatever most of the military uses, I don't know, my team was kind of it's own thing to the extent that was allowed." Anyway, I refer to going into a house or a compound or whatever place to take out all combatants and capture or kill whoever we're after, if we are after anyone specific. For example, after terror group attacked the U.S. the man behind the attack was killed in this sort of mission. But we aren't going after a terrorist leader, just some weapon supplier terrorists or whatever."

"He was a navy seal after being in the air force. Pretty elite."

"Yeah, training for that isn't easy. Joining this bounty hunting thing, we had similar training. So Sky is well trained, he still has much to learn though, but he's a good kid. And yes, I know he pointed a gun at you. Sky needs to learn restraint. He is a good leader though. I lead with him."

"He's basically a mentor."

Sky read the mission report.

"Alright, royal guards will be in surround areas keeping the civilian population from getting to close. Now, since I don't think you two know how to use firearms, we'll need to work out how we're going to do this. Even basic firearm instruction, that doesn't mean you will know how to use them effectively on a mission such as this. We'll attack the compound at nights, a team of military personnel  will cut out the power. We have night vision goggles fit for ponies, they should be able to fit you too Ember. We'll teach you how to use them. We will be very quiet, and take out the combatants silently. After that, a team of military personnel will go in and check out what weapons they are making and supplying."

Sky would then go on to show the two the schematics of the compound.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"It's only a legend for you, for me, it's just another overgrown lizard." This was yes in Ruby-talk. She would take the vine and wrap it around one of her legs in a way that she could easily use it when she saw fit. 

If combat was initiated, she would first observe how the enemy fought by acting more defensively, dodging and countering before she would take on more offensive strategy where she would exploit the weaknesses of being bigger, and would eventually tie the vine somewhere where her opponent couldn't reach, this all of course assuming she didn't just get smited by unavoidable magic attack right away or otherwise get made useless, because while she could take some nasty physical hits and continue fighting, she had no natural defenses against magic. 

-----------------------------
"I can see in the dark, I need no goggles." Ember said "And I don't need any of your fancy weapons, my spear is like part of my body and I can breath fire far and wide if I can't get close." "If I'm going to part of this, I'll do things like I know how to do them." she continued "The crow can go for recon, and also cause a distraction if needed." "It would also be wise to disperse instead of going together, until of course your weapons don't allow that, but that's not my problem." she pointed at locations on the schematics "I could enter from there, they most likely will have security there and there, but places like this are usually overlooked." she had infiltrated the bases of rich criminal masterminds, she knew thing or two about getting in places without getting noticed, because while they lacked the technological security like this place may have, they had magical ones that were as if not more effective and hard to avoid than modern stuff is. "This also will be on my bill just so you know, I don't do anything for free." 

@Catpone Cerberus

He'd try to get the vine off him, but it turns out, physical changes worked on the vine too as it too was technically a living thing, so the vine was stuck. Quasi really did think about this. He'd go after the two.

"What did you do!? You've countered my invincibility, but my magic remains. Make that that tree make a hit on Ruby!"

A tree would uproot and fly towards the dragon. Quasi Nix would quickly go after the tree and breathe fire on it to make it weaken to minimize the damage. Quasi then went after the large dragon, making several hits with the spear he had. His movements made it clear he did have some training.

"Skywing tactics. You call yourself a true nightwing? No, you're white as snow. You aren't a true nightwing, not even a true dragon, coward."

---------------------------------------

"Yes, true, at the same time, here would be guarded the most, that's where their supplies are. And be careful with fire, we don't want the place to go down, we need information on the supplies the terrorists have. And the dragons."

"I'll go with Ember."

"Exactly what I was going to suggest, you two have more experience with magic use, as we wouldn't know what to do."

"A spell to silence mine and Ember's steps will do."

"Yes, and on the canine side of things, how paws are naturally quiet if we're careful."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight
Cat stepped on keyboard before I finished and I needed to work on it more.

@Lucid_Nightlight
Considering that the idiot had quite literally shouted his next move, Ruby had no problem dealing with the tree herself, bit of fire and a one good slam and only burning pieces were left, the fact that Quasi had already made it bit weaker also helped, not that Ruby would admit it even in her thoughts. "Look who's talking, at least he doesn't need magical invulnerability to manage in a fight!" she would try to hit him few times to see if there was any point to even try or if she should go with her original, more dangerous plan.

She would constantly fly so close to the giant dragon that if Darkstalker sent more trees or anything else flying after her, he would end up needing to doge them too, and if they flew fast enough to catch her, it wouldn't be that easy to doge them when you were as big as he was.

-------------------------------------------------
Ember just blinked at Sky's comment about the fire, it was clear she didn't appreciate being talked to like to an amateur, but she didn't say anything because she knew that arguments and other verbal clashes were waste of time. "How exactly does that spell work? only reason why I'm asking is because you won't be able to use any spells on me directly, my armor and few other protective things prevent that." "Not that I have any trouble moving quietly without magic, I have done it for most of my life after all, but just a heads up." she had various magical protections on her and her armor, she had to have those because of the kinds of creatures she usually went after, she would have been mind-controlled, put under nightmare-spell and many other things many times already if she wouldn't have had those.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Young dragon, I told you I'd make you feel fear. Now... MAKE WHOEVER RUBY FEARS THE MOST APPEAR BEFORE HER!"

Whoever Ruby feared most would soon appear.

Quasi Nix braced himself for what scary individual was so terrible, that it would even scare a dragon such as Ruby.

The evil dragon would smile as he watched.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll use the spell on myself if that's true."

Soon, the compound would be near. Equestrian royal guards kept in check crowds that were watching with curiosity.

"You two take the top, Ace is up on the nearby mountain. Once the ones guarding the area are taken out, we go in. I'll go in through the cellar."

Sky would take out the one on the left with his suppressed handgun, Ace would snipe the right.

"Alright, move in."