Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New in Town

Neon Kitbash

( OOC Thread)

With a few wisps of magic, the last few toys settled onto the window display.  He eyeballed them, then reached a hoof out to make a slight adjustment.  "Perfect!" he said, nodding at the display before trotting over to the door.  This was it, the first day of business for his new shop.  Well, his father's technically.  But he was running it while dad was back in Manehattan.  With a touch of magic, he unlocked the front door and pulled it open.  As the morning sunlight swept inside, he blinked before stepping partially out and glanced at the sign above the door.  His dad made it, carving the images of toys onto the sign so everypony would know what was sold there.  It was a risk, he knew, opening a brand new shop in a new town.  But he wanted to live on his own, and his father wanted to expand the business.  Ponyville seemed a good place to try a small shop, there was always events happening here, they had heard.  But starting fresh himself was hard enough, not knowing anypony in town yet.  But he would make new friends soon enough, first there was business to attend to.  With a smile, he turned and went back inside and took one last look around make sure everything was ready for customers.  All the toys, puzzles, and model kits were neatly arranged on shelves, ready for purchase.  Satisfied that all was well, Neon Kitbash took his place behind the counter and awaited his first customers....

Edited by TRX-61211
  • Brohoof 1

@TRX-61211

As the morning sun began to rise into the air, a door opened to a home near town. Out stepped a blue unicorn, who had a curved unicorn horn, orange eyes, long mane and short tail. The male unicorn, Dynamo Pad, took a deep breath and stretched his limbs as he exhaled his breath in a sigh. It was fairly early in the morning, but not too early to where everyone was setting up shop. He had been staying in Ponyville for about a year now and already he had been adjusting to his new home. Being born and raised in Fillydelphia was nice and all, but he wanted to begin his dream of becoming a professional gamer. 

"Another beautiful morning in Ponyville. I wonder what I should do for today." He would say, starting his way towards town. He had breakfast before he left and he was off from work today. He would have visited his job at the local arcade, but he wanted to change things up for once. Entering town, the gaming unicorn smiled and greeted everyone he passed. He had trouble remembering names as he wasn't the best with learning everyone in town. He should know as Pinkie Pie was like an expert on the subject. However, he was able to get certain ponies and creatures names in due time. As he continued to walk, something had caught the attention of the blue stallion. Out of the corner of his eye, he looked to see that there was what appeared to be a sort of toy shop. "Hmm...I've never seen this store before. It must be new." He muttered to nobody, but himself. He hadn't truly explored the town in the year that he had been living in Ponyville. However, he made sure to know most of the iconic landmarks located in town. With a shrug of his shoulders, Dynamo decided that it wouldn't hurt to take a look inside the store. "I wonder what kind of toys and games this store has." He says, making his way towards the toy store entrance.

• Brohoof 1

@TRX-61211 @Dynamo Pad

The sound of a roaring engine could be heard an Nitro sped down the Ponyville road in his Saleen S7 twin turbo. As he drove, he saw what seemed to be a toy store, something that he hadn't seen. "Hmm, that I haven't seen." He said as he slowed down, pulling a 180-degree parallel park drift, kicking up a small cloud of dust and smoke. The tires screeched as he pulled off this feet. He then got out the car and looked around, seeing a blue unicorn walking towards the store. 

• Brohoof 1

Emerald Heart groaned when the sun woke her up. She rolled her eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. After lollygagging in bed for a while, she forced herself out of bed and lazily llllllllllleft her small apartment and decided to walk around town. A few ponies she knew greeted her, but most didn't. Not because they didn't like her, but because they were well aware how snippy she could be in the morning. So, as Emerald continued her frusterated and unhappy walk through town, she saw many ponies gathered around a shop she hadn't seen before. "Hmm?" Emerald rolled her eyes, thinking she had imagined it, but soon realized she wasn't and entered the building.

@Dynamo Pad

Emerald Heart's grumpy mood changed into just irritation as she noticed the world around her. "Card games... do they have card games?" Emerald mumbled to herself, not noticing the familiar stallion nearby.

"Miss Emerald!" A tiny voice said behind her. Emerald turned around and smiled tiredly at the little filly, "Miss Emerald, you're here too? Did you see all the shiny stuff? This place is the best!"

"Hey, Cocoa Butter." Emerald greeted, "Is your Mama here with you?"

"Nope!"

Emerald turned her head to the side and raised an eyebrow, "Does she know you're here?"

"Uh... maybe?"

"Cocoa Butter."

"Fine, okay? I snuck off."

"That's no way to behave. Go home before your Mama catches you."

"Yes, Ma'am..."

Emerald smiled as she watched the filly run off, and turned around, only to bump into Dynamo Pad. "Oh, sorry sir, I didn't mean..." 

• Brohoof 1

Neon had just stepped into his little workshop in a room behind the counter, when he heard the door open.  My first customers! he thought, and looked back out into the store... just as a purple mare bumped into a stallion.  "Good morning!" he greeted them.  "Are you both alright?"

@TRX-61211 @Dynamo Pad

"I'm fine." Emerald answered flatly, "What about you, are you alright?" She asked Dynamo, genuine concern on her face. Although Emerald was definitely a grumpy pants, she couldn't help but feel concerned for this other pony. "Wait..." She mumbled, "Dynamo Pad?" She gasped, "I know you, don't I?" She clapped her hooves together and then bowed, "I really am sorry, though. I hope you're alright."

3 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@TRX-61211 @Dynamo Pad

The sound of a roaring engine could be heard an Nitro sped down the Ponyville road in his Saleen S7 twin turbo. As he drove, he saw what seemed to be a toy store, something that he hadn't seen. "Hmm, that I haven't seen." He said as he slowed down, pulling a 180-degree parallel park drift, kicking up a small cloud of dust and smoke. The tires screeched as he pulled off this feet. He then got out the car and looked around, seeing a blue unicorn walking towards the store. 

2 hours ago, Emerald Heart said:

Emerald Heart groaned when the sun woke her up. She rolled her eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. After lollygagging in bed for a while, she forced herself out of bed and lazily llllllllllleft her small apartment and decided to walk around town. A few ponies she knew greeted her, but most didn't. Not because they didn't like her, but because they were well aware how snippy she could be in the morning. So, as Emerald continued her frusterated and unhappy walk through town, she saw many ponies gathered around a shop she hadn't seen before. "Hmm?" Emerald rolled her eyes, thinking she had imagined it, but soon realized she wasn't and entered the building.

@Dynamo Pad

Emerald Heart's grumpy mood changed into just irritation as she noticed the world around her. "Card games... do they have card games?" Emerald mumbled to herself, not noticing the familiar stallion nearby.

"Miss Emerald!" A tiny voice said behind her. Emerald turned around and smiled tiredly at the little filly, "Miss Emerald, you're here too? Did you see all the shiny stuff? This place is the best!"

"Hey, Cocoa Butter." Emerald greeted, "Is your Mama here with you?"

"Nope!"

Emerald turned her head to the side and raised an eyebrow, "Does she know you're here?"

"Uh... maybe?"

"Cocoa Butter."

"Fine, okay? I snuck off."

"That's no way to behave. Go home before your Mama catches you."

"Yes, Ma'am..."

Emerald smiled as she watched the filly run off, and turned around, only to bump into Dynamo Pad. "Oh, sorry sir, I didn't mean..." 

Once the gaming stallion made his way into the store, he started to notice that a crowd had begun to form outside of the store. He was thankful as he didn't want to be around anyone pushing or rushing into the store. He stopped as his ears perked from the sound of a roaring engine. He placed a hoof to his ears as the screeching of tires almost felt deafening to him. He had heard the roaring noise before from his father, who was into racing, as well. "I wonder who could be racing a car at this time in the morning." He wondered, the small cloud of dust and smoke made a bit of it's way into the store. Dynamo coughed slightly, while using his left front hoof to blow away any smoke/dust. He was completely taken off guard that he didn't notice being bumped into by Emerald Heart. 

1 hour ago, Emerald Heart said:

@TRX-61211 @Dynamo Pad

"I'm fine." Emerald answered flatly, "What about you, are you alright?" She asked Dynamo, genuine concern on her face. Although Emerald was definitely a grumpy pants, she couldn't help but feel concerned for this other pony. "Wait..." She mumbled, "Dynamo Pad?" She gasped, "I know you, don't I?" She clapped her hooves together and then bowed, "I really am sorry, though. I hope you're alright."

2 hours ago, TRX-61211 said:

Neon had just stepped into his little workshop in a room behind the counter, when he heard the door open.  My first customers! he thought, and looked back out into the store... just as a purple mare bumped into a stallion.  "Good morning!" he greeted them.  "Are you both alright?"

@Emerald Heart @TRX-61211 @C. Thunder Dash

The gaming unicorn felt himself being knocked to the ground from the initial impact. He slowly sat up after a few minutes, while his eyes spun in a daze. "I-I'm okay. N-Now that's what I call a wake up call." He shook his head to help gather his bearings. All the while using his front right hoof to dust off his jacket. "I-I hope you can forgive me. I guess I wasn't watching where I was going. That, or I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. I hope that you're okay." He would say, turning his attention towards the unknown pony, before raising an eyebrow at hearing his name being brought up. "Y-Yes, I'm Dynamo Pad, but how do you know..." He stopped, before turning to see a mare bowing before him. Taking a good look at the mare, Dynamo gasped as he seemed to recall Emerald. "Wait a minute. You're Emerald, right? Emerald Heart?" He asks, while recalling the times that he had seen her throughout Ponyville. He didn't know her personally, but he had passed by her numerous times. "I think I know you too. You don't have to apologize. If anything, then I hope you can forgive me and that you're okay." He says, returning the bow.

Dynamo's ears perked once more as he heard a voice calling out behind him and Emerald. He stood up from his bow and turned to see a neon green unicorn stallion. He hadn't seen this unicorn before, but he had to assume that this was the owner of the toy store. "G-Good morning. No need to worry as I'm okay. Just a little bump and falling over. Thankfully we both didn't knock anything over in the store. I hope everything is okay. I hope you can forgive me by asking, but are you new around Ponyville? I don't recall ever seeing you in town before. That and this store is definitely new, but this place looks really cool." He would say, marveling at all of the different games and toys that were available.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad @TRX-61211

"Yes, that would be me." Emerald confirmed, "Hard not to recognized the clumsiest pony in Ponyville." She smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck with her front right hoof. 

She then turned to the pony, adding to Dynamo's comment. "Yeah, I don't think I've seen you before either." She said with a frown on her face, "Oh dear, I hope this isn't me being clueless again. I'm so terrible at these kinds of things. Please tell me we never met, otherwise I'll feel awful if we did meet and I forgot you." She said guiltily, bowing her head in shame.

3 hours ago, Emerald Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad @TRX-61211

"Yes, that would be me." Emerald confirmed, "Hard not to recognized the clumsiest pony in Ponyville." She smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck with her front right hoof. 

"I wouldn't go and say that. I mean, I can be a bit of a clumsy unicorn, after all. It's how I first met Starlight when I was living in Ponyville to begin with. That, and some would say that I'm just kidding around with my clumsiness. However, it just happens from time to time." He returned the sheepish smile, while running a hoof through his mane and chuckled. 

Neon shook a hoof back and forth.  "No, no, it's alright!  Actually, I just moved here from Manehattan last week.  Took a bit to get the shop set up, but it's finally ready to open.  Today, the first day, in fact!"  He smiled.  "My father has owned a toy shop back home for years, and wanted to expand to a new market, so here I am!"  He trotted over to them.  "So, what brings you by?  Looking for anything in particular?"  He waved his hoof around the little shop.  "We've got everything, from hoof-crafted toys, board games, cards, even model kits." 

@TRX-61211 @Emerald Heart @Dynamo Pad

Nitro walked towards the toy store and opened the door once he was in front of the entrance. "Wow, this place has everything." He said as he looked around, seeing some model cars around. They were mostly the lower end sports cars. He spotted a Dodge Viper GTS model. "Well, glad you got the viper, that 6.0 Liter V10 engine is glorious." He said as as he held the model Viper in his hoof examining it. 

• Brohoof 1

Hearing the newest customer, Neon turned to the Orange pegasus.  "That's one of my favorites too!" he said.  "Had to talk my dad into stocking model kits, but he gave in.  There's two kits available, one a plastic snap-together, and a higher skilled one with a metal body."  He pointed a hoof at the shelf.  "Feel free to browse!  Let me know if you need anything!"

@TRX-61211

"Sure thing. You know...perhaps I could show you my car collection one day. I'm a street racer and have quite the arsenal." Nitro said looking at the two kits. He decided to get the easy one since he already had a metal body GTS-R Concept back at his place. 

20 hours ago, TRX-61211 said:

Neon shook a hoof back and forth.  "No, no, it's alright!  Actually, I just moved here from Manehattan last week.  Took a bit to get the shop set up, but it's finally ready to open.  Today, the first day, in fact!"  He smiled.  "My father has owned a toy shop back home for years, and wanted to expand to a new market, so here I am!"  He trotted over to them.  "So, what brings you by?  Looking for anything in particular?"  He waved his hoof around the little shop.  "We've got everything, from hoof-crafted toys, board games, cards, even model kits." 

Dynamo looked back to Neon, while having a look of understanding and awe in his expression. "Oh, so that explains it. I've not been through all of Ponyville yet. Considering that I've only been in town for about a year at most. This is the first time that I've seen this store around town. I can understand how it must have taken some time to set up this shop. It's a pretty big store, after all." He noted, looking around to take in all of the types of toys and games that were available. "I think that's nice that you're helping to expand your own kind of market. Seems like a sort of family business of sorts." He would say, shrugging his shoulders slightly when asked what brought him by. "I'm not sure, to be honest. I passed by the store and I guess curiosity dragged me in. I'm a fan of video games, but I love toys and other games too. So, I wanted to see what this store had to offer. By the way, I know she had said my name before, but I don't think I introduced myself. My name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. It's really nice to meet you..." He smiled, extending his right hoof for Neon to take in a hoof shake.

15 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@TRX-61211 @Emerald Heart @Dynamo Pad

Nitro walked towards the toy store and opened the door once he was in front of the entrance. "Wow, this place has everything." He said as he looked around, seeing some model cars around. They were mostly the lower end sports cars. He spotted a Dodge Viper GTS model. "Well, glad you got the viper, that 6.0 Liter V10 engine is glorious." He said as as he held the model Viper in his hoof examining it. 

15 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

"Sure thing. You know...perhaps I could show you my car collection one day. I'm a street racer and have quite the arsenal." Nitro said looking at the two kits. He decided to get the easy one since he already had a metal body GTS-R Concept back at his place. 

His ears perked as he head the door being opened to reveal another customer. He looked back to see an orange pegasus. He didn't recall ever seeing this pegasus pony before, but the mention of cars had piqued his attention. "You can say that again. It feels like this is a toy and/or card gamer's paradise. I'm more into video games, but I know a tiny bit about street racing. At least, a different kind of racing if that makes sense. My dad was into cart racing and always had friends and racers showing up at the track in Fillydelphia. Sometimes it was with cars, while other times the had Pegasi racing against one another with their wings."

Neon reached out to give Dynamo a hoof bump.  "Nice to meet you, Dynamo.  My name is Neon Kitbash."  He listened as Dynamo replied to the orange pegasus.  "I was never that into racing, personally.  But in Manehattan I had a pegasus friend who was.  She would always get into some illegal air races around the city.  Flying between building and under bridges," he chucked.  "Dad didn't like it when I would go watch, didn't want me to get hurt or caught by the police.  Crazy stuff, i'll tell ya."

55 minutes ago, TRX-61211 said:

Neon reached out to give Dynamo a hoof bump.  "Nice to meet you, Dynamo.  My name is Neon Kitbash."  He listened as Dynamo replied to the orange pegasus.  "I was never that into racing, personally.  But in Manehattan I had a pegasus friend who was.  She would always get into some illegal air races around the city.  Flying between building and under bridges," he chucked.  "Dad didn't like it when I would go watch, didn't want me to get hurt or caught by the police.  Crazy stuff, i'll tell ya."

Dynamo smiled as he felt Neon return the hoof bump, while also taking note of his name. "It's nice to meet you too, Neon." He would say, blinking in surprise at the mention of illegal air racing. "Seriously? This is the first time that I've heard about it. I guess since it's considered illegal, then not much is spoken on the subject. I mean, my dad always loved racing, but it was always done at a track with professionals. That way, it was more of a controlled sort of way to be considered a fair race. Sort of like the race track in Canterlot where the Wonderbolts would race at." He explained, chuckling with Neon. "I can imagine that being some crazy stuff. I can understand your dad was looking out for you, but I guess curiosity gets the better of everyone at one point or another. Air racing in town does sound pretty fun, but it wouldn't be something I'd do. I wouldn't want to get in trouble and plus. I have a horn instead of wings, of course." He pointed to the horn on his forehead, before chuckling once more.

7 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo looked back to Neon, while having a look of understanding and awe in his expression. "Oh, so that explains it. I've not been through all of Ponyville yet. Considering that I've only been in town for about a year at most. This is the first time that I've seen this store around town. I can understand how it must have taken some time to set up this shop. It's a pretty big store, after all." He noted, looking around to take in all of the types of toys and games that were available. "I think that's nice that you're helping to expand your own kind of market. Seems like a sort of family business of sorts." He would say, shrugging his shoulders slightly when asked what brought him by. "I'm not sure, to be honest. I passed by the store and I guess curiosity dragged me in. I'm a fan of video games, but I love toys and other games too. So, I wanted to see what this store had to offer. By the way, I know she had said my name before, but I don't think I introduced myself. My name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. It's really nice to meet you..." He smiled, extending his right hoof for Neon to take in a hoof shake.

His ears perked as he head the door being opened to reveal another customer. He looked back to see an orange pegasus. He didn't recall ever seeing this pegasus pony before, but the mention of cars had piqued his attention. "You can say that again. It feels like this is a toy and/or card gamer's paradise. I'm more into video games, but I know a tiny bit about street racing. At least, a different kind of racing if that makes sense. My dad was into cart racing and always had friends and racers showing up at the track in Fillydelphia. Sometimes it was with cars, while other times the had Pegasi racing against one another with their wings."

"Kart racing is much more different than street racing. I also play racing games myself, mainly Need For Speed or Midnight Club. I did play the Gran Turismo series growing up however." Nitro stated looking at the unicorn who appeared to have a gaming controller for a cutie mark. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

"Kart racing is much more different than street racing. I also play racing games myself, mainly Need For Speed or Midnight Club. I did play the Gran Turismo series growing up however." Nitro stated looking at the unicorn who appeared to have a gaming controller for a cutie mark. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo looked towards the pegasus, while tilting his head in slight confusion. "Hmm...I guess I must have misinterpreted. I know racing is racing at the end of the day. Sorry about that. I meant more along the lines of plain racing in general. Something more along the lines of just racing down the track to see who has the faster time. That, or just plain race around a circular course." He explained, giving the pegasus an apologetic look. "Oh, I've heard of both of those series. I'm not into racing games, to be honest. Unless it depends on what game it is. However, my dad liked those kind of games. He knew most of the kind of vehicles, while I just liked to see how I could do against the competition. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what's your name? I don't think I've seen you around town before either."

@Dynamo Pad

"Nitro, Nitro Spark." Nitro stated. "And yes, I live in Canterlot now. I used to live in Detrot. I grew up with my dad who owns a well renowned delivery service. He wanted me to be the fastest delivery pegasus that ever lived. But I had other plans. Sadly, he wasn't the kind of dad to let his son do what he wanted. He even went as far as sending a group, which included me out into a terrible storm...in which I was struck by lightning and nearly drowned...ugh...this is the result..." Nitro said spreading his large metal-plated wings. "From that day on...I vowed that I would never work for his delivery service again. That's also when I turned to my greatest passion, which became my talent: street racing." Nitro explained. 

In that morning, a tall nut brown mare by the name of Hazel Harmony would be walking through the streets, enjoying the sun as it's warmth would warm up her fur. She'd go into her favourite cafe and soon come back out with a chai latte and a cinnamon bun. She'd then walk around, and look at some of the new stores opening up. 

• Brohoof 1

On 9/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Nitro, Nitro Spark." Nitro stated. "And yes, I live in Canterlot now. I used to live in Detrot. I grew up with my dad who owns a well renowned delivery service. He wanted me to be the fastest delivery pegasus that ever lived. But I had other plans. Sadly, he wasn't the kind of dad to let his son do what he wanted. He even went as far as sending a group, which included me out into a terrible storm...in which I was struck by lightning and nearly drowned...ugh...this is the result..." Nitro said spreading his large metal-plated wings. "From that day on...I vowed that I would never work for his delivery service again. That's also when I turned to my greatest passion, which became my talent: street racing." Nitro explained. 

"It's nice to meet you Nitro. Like I told Neon, my name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo." Dynamo responded, before nodding. "You're from Canterlot, huh? I'm guessing that you're just visiting for the time being?" He asks, before listening to Nitro's history of living in Detrot. His ears fell, while frowning as he heard the orange pegasus's past. "I'm really sorry to hear that. I wouldn't wish what happened upon anyone. I guess your dad wanted you to continue the family business of sorts, but some things aren't truly for everyone, right? Was the delivery that important that it had to be done during a terrible storm? It just feels like such a risk." He would say, wincing slightly as he saw the metal wing. He knew he was a unicorn, but it felt like he could feel the pain from Nitro. "It sounds like you knew what you wanted to do. At least you were able to stand up for yourself and found your special talent and passion.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"My dad said it was one of the most important deliveries. I thought about suing him, but I didn't have the money to pay for a lawyer. I could've gotten him arrested for severe employee endangerment...ugh...I'm just glad it's all over." Nitro said. 

• Brohoof 1

On 9/26/2020 at 3:15 AM, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"My dad said it was one of the most important deliveries. I thought about suing him, but I didn't have the money to pay for a lawyer. I could've gotten him arrested for severe employee endangerment...ugh...I'm just glad it's all over." Nitro said. 

@TRX-61211 @Emerald Heart @C. Thunder Dash

"If it was of the most important deliveries, then I guess there could have been some way to avoid any kind of storms or anything else along those lines. About the mention of you suing him. Did you have anyone in your group who had helped with that delivery? If so, then did try and do the same thing?" He asks, nodding as Nitro had brought up some good points. "I don't know if I can relate, but I'm glad it's over too. I'm sorry that you went through such things, but I'm glad you were able to get away from that kind of delivery work."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

”I had a group but because it was my dad, knowing him, he’d come up with some kid that the judge may fall for and get away with it. In fact, he was arrested during inspection for employee endangerment that was tied to my incident, so you could say things worked out. He’s outta jail but unemployed and unable to reclaim his business because what he did was considered a felony because I could’ve died.” Nitro explained.